Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Khetzal - Corolle (Suntrip Records 2005) CD

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Khetzal - Corolle (Suntrip Records 2005) CD

DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Nov 9, 2005 16:56
Khetzal - Corolle

Cover: http://tinyurl.com/ddc4v

Artist: Khetzal (France)
Title: Corolle
Format: CD (jewel case)
Label: Suntrip Records (France/Belgium)
Cat. #: SUNCD03
Distribution: Arabesque
Date: November 2005

Track listing:

01. 08’57” Listening Winds
02. 08’53” Anamatha (feat. DJ Zen)
03. 08’06” Bells Of Sarnath
04. 07’36” Narayana
05. 07’53” Ganesha Pramana
06. 08’57” Indian Attic
07. 09’06” Djaningar
08. 07’56” Nyiragongo
09. 08’04” Avasari

Review:

Soundtrack for weekend Hindus!

The Suntrippers are out with their third old-school release… This time it’s the debut album of French producer Matthieu Chamoux who has released a few compilation tracks on Kagdila and Agitato Records… I’ve not heard those, but I really liked the uplifting, melodic goa-trance track he had on the Apsara compilation under the Avigmati name… That was stellar so my hopes for this debut album are pretty high…

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: Listening Winds [120 BPM]
The title pretty much sums it up… This is chilled, windy melodic trance… We start out kinda slow – forest sounds, birds, cicadas, etc… Soon the melodies are unleashed… Joyous, uplifting synth-galore with a Raja flute to balance things out… Nice and chilled with the distinct old-school melodic feel to it… A nice little opening track, but nothing that gets my juices flowing…

#02: Anamatha (feat. DJ Zen) [132 BPM]
This track was originally released by DJ Zen on the 2003 Kagdila compilation Peace Therapy… This is a longer, re-worked version though… At first it’s very reminiscent of the previous track, but after a couple of minutes it gets faster… The ethno-tribal influences are rich here – complete with native vocals and chanting… After a couple of minutes the first acid-line makes an appearance and the track shifts into proper goa trance… Sweet! Fuck yes; this is pure, true-to-the-roots nu-school goa trance… Less multi-layered and climactic than Filteria – and more Eastern influenced… But damn, this is good… Uplifting as hell and very trance-inducing! Sweet!

#03: Bells Of Sarnath [150 BPM]
Woow – check out the huge, morphing intro here… This is Filteria style new-school goa, though maybe with fewer melodies in the foreground… I like the pace + the native influences, but I could have wished for even more complexity… Also the ending seems strangely out of place… But it’s still a pretty good, uplifting track…

#04: Narayana [140 BPM]
We’re taking it down a notch for this track, but basically it’s the same thing again… Pure, un-spiked goa trance as it sounded ten years ago… Obviously the production techniques have improved dramatically, but the underlying emotions are just the same… A sonic trip down memory lane… I even get shivers down my spine when the acid-lines kick in for the final run… @ 5’08 it’s just pure goa bliss! …Amazing!

#05: Ganesha Pramana [160 BPM]
And here’s a visit from Ganesh – the four-armed, son of Shiva & Parvati bearing the head of a one-tusked elephant… Oh yes, this is more highly Hindi-influenced Goan trance… This is by far the fastest track here, and the intensity level is nothing short of impressive… Would mix perfectly with Filteria or ancient Pleiadians… The acid is flowing freely and the Eastern influences are all over the place both melodically and spiritually… The peaks are truly climactic and dancefloor friendly… A sweet, sweet track!

#06: Indian Attic [140 BPM]
Again we’re taking it down a notch, and as the title suggests we’re once again treated to a venture into Eastern inspired melodic trance… The kick is really phat in this one… Perhaps even the hardest on the compilation – reminds me a little of ancient Shidapu…Also the layering seems to be more advanced here… Nice!

#07: Djaningar [130 BPM]
Take it a notch further down, and we’re as close to chilling as you can with kicking beats… This is wobbly, deeply groovy, melodious trance… Morphing sounds, filtered beats and a controlled rhythm section… Pretty nice, but even more action wouldn’t hurt… Also the space-samples seem oddly out of place…

#08: Nyiragongo [138 BPM]
And here comes the surprise… Up until now, pretty much everything on this album has been predictable to some extent… But this track takes a more techno/tribally inspired approach to melodic goa trance… How cool to be totally swept of your feet like that, as this is indeed very different from the rest of the album… Reminiscent of late 1990es X-Dream I think… Tasty!

#09: Avasari [100 BPM]
As legend prescribes it, we’re really chilling out for the final track here… Yeah, this is ambient! Experimental stuff, kept within a melodic, Goan framework… Nice, but not exactly the chill-out I prefer these days…

Well, well… Another Suntrip release that stands out from the crowd… Just how much old-school goa is released nowadays? Besides from the Suntrip Records output, pretty much nothing, that’s how much! And though this album didn’t do as much for me as neither the Filteria album, nor the Apsara compilation it’s still pretty damn interesting… Evidently I can’t help comparing this to the Filteria album, which fit my tastes better… I could have wished for even more complexity, and perhaps the Hindi-influences are a little over the top sometimes… Also the flow is a little off and I would have arranged the tracks differently… But besides from that, I don’t have anything to criticise here…

There are enough kick-ass tracks here to validate a purchase – and there are no bad tracks per se… Also the artwork is nothing short of beautiful and fits the music perfectly… Suntrip Records has once again proved that melodic goa is still very much alive – even in 2005! Way to go guys – you continue to distance yourself from the usual suspects! Old-school fans should most definitely check this out… As should fans of uplifting, joyous goa trance 2005-style… This is very it’s at! Enjoy!

Favourites: 2, 4(!), 5(!), 6(!), 8

DeathPosture

External links:
Khetzal: http://www.khetzal.com
Suntrip Records: http://www.suntriprecords.com
Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/release/551261
Saiko Sounds: http://tinyurl.com/c97ev
TranceShop: http://tinyurl.com/amb7n
Beatspace: http://tinyurl.com/cemwp
Psyshop: http://tinyurl.com/7sbyq
Chaos: http://tinyurl.com/bzh3o           On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
Anak
Anakoluth

Started Topics :  108
Posted : Nov 11, 2005 19:04
this got me all convinced martin it MUST be a superb release. waiting for my pay check
          Anakoluth A Pebble in Your Eardrum's Shoe since 2001!
http://www.myspace.com/anakoluth
http://www.ektoplazm.com/profiles/anakoluth/
http://cronomi.com
darkgnome

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Nov 12, 2005 13:26
This is a good album. Very beautiful music, makes me feel happy everytime
Rain
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Nov 13, 2005 13:29
SUNTRIP RECORDS

Khetzal:Corolle

http://217.160.164.51/pic/sut1cd003.jpg

1. Listening Winds
2. Anamatha (rmx)
3. Bells of Sarnath
4. Narayana
5. Ganesha Pramana
6. Indian Attic
7. Djaningar
8. Nyiragongo
9. Avasari

Damn it’s cold… it’s raining, cloudy, I’m starting to realize winter is entering Belgium, although I’m not a complainer the first cold means no more open air festivals, no more the touch of the sun on my back… forget about it go on… I had a meeting with anoebis @ his place to get the new khetzal cd… It’s only 10 minutes cycling so but still I’m tired from working all day… The rain slaps into my face and the cold breaks my bones but I arrive safely… It was a short meeting he give me some khetzal cd’s, I was tired, wanted to go home, we talk a bit , it was nice back on the bike, still lousy weather and back to home… Entering my house I throw all my whet clothes away and placed the plastic back on the desk… I’m tired, not feeling super good but still hear anoebis whispering in my mind, koen I know you didn’t like filteria although you’re oldskool goatrance fan but THIS on I promise you will like, a smile on my face appears and I think (LOL I hope it does or I’ll burn a car in front of his house LOL, kidding off course, gotta go with the vibe you know everybody is doing all over the word why shouldn’t I LOL)… I open the plastic bag and notice KHETZAL, nice front, great colours, psychedelic but more art, certainly not overloaded…. It’s time to pull of the job and review the cd…. I make a huge can of coffee to stay awake enter my basement and put on pc and sound system… I put khetzal in my pc and like an airplane it zoooooofs into my winamp trying to search on his database with cd this is… sorry winamp this is not britney spears… TRACK ONE appears on my display… the first thing I hear are some nature sounds a smoothly waves… FACK I realise… I’m not in the mood… I’m tired, the coffee isn’t working yét, the bad weather trip made a bit dejected… but I’m not giving up… let’s warm up… it’s 11 o’ clock in the evening I have all night… Lish pops into my mind… some emotional subtle progressive will be good to start with to create a build up into a further more melodic trance concept… suddenly it’s 3 o’ clock at night… I listened a bunch of cd ’s but I’m awake as hell, ready to enter zone… ready for KHETZAL !

Listening winds is a pure intro song… khetzal is showing me nothing… the only thing I know is the what kind of atmosphere this cd will contain… I hear little waves, a doff baselines, some nature sounds… I’m curious… where is this trip going to end… the atmosphere is great… this the kind of atmosphere we used to know that artist used back in the days, chi-ad, mystica pops into my mind… I’m starting to smile… this is just the beginning track 2 is starting….

Anamatha (rmx) start with a very super mystique opening intro, Indian women singing on the back ground, a big gong… stars floating all over… with little drums khetzal is announcing his track and the baselines appears… doff but not fast… khetzal keeps is still slow but faster then the first song off course… lot’s of sounds are used at the same time but still this doesn’t sound overload at all, even the opposite… this is pure subtle floating on little waves and a tiny acid sound going up and down at the background that start to speak… this enters my mind, speaking sounds are my thing… it becomes a wave for like 3 seconds and disappears again… khetzal is playing with me and that is what I like… the track is filled with nature sounds and very mystique psychedelic sounds… I’m continue searching for waves but khetzal is not giving me what I want… he wants me to wait… at the end a little tiny wave crosses my speakers and sounds very good… mmmmmmmm, if he is going to use that sound in full climaxes damn… I’m going to freak out… non direct satisfaction is the main mark here and that is what I want in trance… khetzal tells me a story by using trance and is just starting, whispering don’t mind, you will get your satisfaction… just enjoy the ‘the need’ right now…

Bells of Sarnath enters with speaking crystal clear sound… a little wave, no it’s gone, another one, gone again, 3 waves no and already gone BAM, the baselines enters full speed ahead… khetzal is now showing me what his capacitates are…the waves are still in the background but go perfectly along with the baseline… the atmosphere is still mystique and the same…and yés yés the waves are going up en down playing with my mind, this is goatrance like I first heard in 1998…. Lower, higher, lower, higher higher higher, low… this is motivating trance and perfect for on the dance floor… together with the waves I’m still hearing little fluids and other psychedelic sounds who create one big concept of ‘into trance’… the track goes further and further but the waves stay subtle… this is not a climax, this is just a pure continue of psychedelic consciousness…. It’s not overloaded at all… one thing is sure… khetzal keeps you busy every second… you don’t get bored a minute… he draws your attention to a sound every time… the track doesn’t end suddenly both floats away in peace

Narayana keeps that concept telling a story by using trance great and a bigger wave enters, a bit macho but still humble… not to fast but he’s there !… he speaks to me with his little friend another wave and together they make me smile… khetzal you bastard ! (kidding)… the baseline is slower comparing to the previous song…. The waves goes to the background and a sudden stop break and announces a different baselines… harder, deeper, more cave style… the wave is still there but he’s not that macho at all, suddenly he became very smooth and friendly… a lot of different sound are flying through my B&W speakers but there no main sound, there’s a concept… but I knew he wasn’t going to let me down after Bells of Sarnath, a pure acid sound arrives, a massive double tick of the baseline and we are back on track… speaking waves and sound together playing and teasing my soul… still no big climaxes… this is just surfing on the waves, enjoying, feeling… emotional but not to emotional… not cheesy at all… khetzal balances… he got nerves and gives me the feeling that he perfectly knows what he is doing…

Ganesha Pramana starts with that gong again… psychedelic performed off course… the baseline is extremely fast, motivating and uplifting… this is dance floor style and perfect to play when the sun rises on an open air festival… the waves and psychedelic sounds are flying at high speed all way around… I’m very curious how this track is going to end… what a start, what a beginning… and yés we go faster and more melodic going up and down with that typical sound he created… waves are attacking me in positive way and I feel aroused… with a subtle fluid khetzal gives me a break but not for long… the rest is only a period of time… his typical acid minded sound is coming back from the background and BAM back to track… the track end is full melodic playing sounds and just the way I like it… the first time khetzal actually uses a climax at the end… a perfect crystal clear wave… I’m impressed… is this released in 2005 ????

Indian Attic contains in the beginning little insect crawling on my wall together with a sort of Celtic fluid, the baseline is again slower then the previous faster ones I heard before but still doff like we used to know them back in the days J… the advancement is very chill… no rush, smooth… more emotional tinted that’s for sure…. A sudden change appears when I hear that Celtic fluid again… what’s coming next ??? the baseline isn’t straight ! but that wave is getting stronger and BAM a full wave crossed my mind and I’m into trance big time… although I’m in a basement and it’s dark the sun is shining… the finishing is again so smooth and subtle I can’t wait for the next track to come…

Djaningar ! I’m hearing the sea, I’m hearing Indian women crystal clear crying on the background, the baseline enters again not to fast, subtle but less doff then the other more ticking… the advancement is very emotional and very finished… this goes to the mind straight to the heart… khetzal touches you with that sound. The track becomes more melodic and more waves but still keeps that touching feeling in it… khetzal succeeded with his intention…

Nyiragongo is the most heavy baselines of all… this is tuff, stamping on the floor… a bit dark tinted to be khetzal off course… he’s very careful with his sounds right now… there all on the background… suddenly the baseline changes to his original ones before doff but the same bpm… the baseline is the main mark right now what we are not used of him… a sudden stop again…. What are you trying khetzal ??? wooooooooooooooooooow a big wave appears, stops and there we go again… play with my mind you freak (kidding)… there’s no real climax at the end again a continue of psychedelic consciousness…

Avasari start with water dripping from a rock and is an ambient song… well I don’t write mostly many things about the ambient songs… he just uses his typical sounds but in ambient concept… very slow and very subtle but great…

Conclusion… Anoebis is right LOL, no burning cars at front of his house this week LOL, khetzal did something that old skool goatrance lovers missed a long time… telling a story by using trance, nature Indian atmosphere… not trying to be the hardest, fastest or most melodic but just creating intelligent trance… Khetzal created an unique release with an unique sound… some things are off course done before back in the days but I admit what he did with goatrance formula is perfect…

thank you suntrip records, khetzal, anoebis, mars, this is what I want and I will embrace it…
Astral Waves
Astral Waves

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Nov 16, 2005 21:49
Wow!!!
I was anxious to get my copy and have a listening at Khetzal's music which is for me one of the rarest person in this world who survived the Millenium bugz intact!!

haha!

We need more musicians like that, pure mindly intentioned and only thinking to give a ray of light to his listeners and much more to the party people dancing on his music!

I discovered him in early '2000 (thanx to a very simple post on Psynews.org forum)which talked about an mp3 free site presenting Khetzal.
I downloaded his availaible demo songs and I was under the charm of his music since then.

On this album you'll find many trax composed some years ago, but the production is top-notch and the mastering by Mr Tim Shuldt is perfect.

Its an unique cd, a collector as Khetzal's music now evolved in another way (still nice, thought!)

I did the cover, so my only comment will be that I thank very much Mr Matthieu Chamoux (Khetzal) and Suntrip Recs. for having me letting directed and made it using designs made by Khetzal himself and me (the corolle and the bird).
The freshest cover I did in my life, I'm very happy, it perfectly matches the music.
Printer still don't accept .psd's ...too bad as it should appear clearest and crisp once printed properly.

About the music now: a blast! a must for Goa lovers, remembering when it was time to get 'whatever positive' while dancing arms high in the air, mind opened 360* to the light and only thinking about a bright future!..
'Anamatha' was a dedication to that, thank you for this excellent Trancy-Goa remix, you rockxxxxxxxx big time!!!!

The trax are flowing nicely even if the bpm's are not following the usual way.

I'm kind of depressed these days when looking at the whole world, but today my spirit is filled with very nice beats and my old days are coming up along superb feelings.

Thank you Matthieu for all this wonderful time and now keep rockin' the dancefloors with Gregory and your Avigmatic projects!!

Cheers =)
Gabriel/Astral Waves/Dj Zen
          Psybient/Downtempo psytrance album "Mystique" released!

Bio: http://www.altar-records.com/bio.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTbHtcTFYNA
http://www.altar-records.com
http://www.digitalys-studios.com
..::PsySacred::..
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Nov 17, 2005 13:48
what can i say about this briliant album?!?!?!? great album khetzal keep up work man...great review deathposture
Jeller
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Nov 17, 2005 23:49
This album is the best i heard from 2005..
unless u hate eastern influence which is very high here
ganjagil
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Nov 18, 2005 00:17
Wow man very good album a complete voyage in the music just like goa with a lot of quality also, well done and thank you from my hearth.

Bom
Ganja           Your sound, is your music, is your soul keep them all on the right track!

Please Check our music at:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=438956

www.soulkontakt.com
Trance2MoveU
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Nov 23, 2005 21:14
I really like this album. It is very beautiful and melodic. This one really takes you to a place. If I got high, it would be to this.
oshrat

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 24, 2005 01:24
not bed album at all...

I got to have it!
Electrip
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Nov 25, 2005 16:50
I like it.
very melodic, but not cheesy as the usual goa sound, although the whole album is a bit repeatitive.

one of the happiest releases of the year.

9\10
ganjagil
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 27, 2005 03:53
I have to say thank you again man the more i listen to your music the more i feel the urge to live a better life! This is the return of trance! Thank you finally we're back on track...

Bom
Ganja           Your sound, is your music, is your soul keep them all on the right track!

www.soulkontakt.com
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Nov 27, 2005 15:32
Quote:

On 2005-11-27 03:53, ganjagil wrote:
I have to say thank you again man the more i listen to your music the more i feel the urge to live a better life! This is the return of trance! Thank you finally we're back on track...

Bom
Ganja

It's doubtful only one release can bring us 'back on track'. And then again, tastes differ. I don't really like this release. It's too much oldschool for my liking.

And I sure as hell don't want to return to the old ways of psytrance. That was nice then (I've been in the scene since 1996) and in that time life was pretty good. But to me, psytrance took a turn for the better after the whole minimal revolution. We have more diversity in this scene than before. People tend to look back on the 1996/1997 period as the golden age of psy, but what those people keep forgetting is that there was a whole shitload of bad releases then also. But, as time moves on people seem to forget about those. We had lots of fillers on compilations back then too, don't you remember? I own almost all the Pulse, Tantrance and Goa-Head compilations and there are lots of fillers on those, believe me.

But, I realize now that most of you people, when you talk about the vibes of yesteryear, are talking about the personal vibes of the people at the parties and stuff. Well, I never go to parties. I'm in this scene for the music alone. So, I can't argue about the spirit in the scene being different. My point is with the music and I just made that point clear.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
ganjagil
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 27, 2005 19:50
Man if you compare this album to all the trance releases right now i have to say it's uncomparable man...music is were it takes you and this album takes you away man! Far Away so stop grumbling and go back to the mystic feeling through this album...Enjoy it it's really good music!

Bom

www.soulkontakt.com
amphiton

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Dec 2, 2005 18:17
Definitely my favourite release from 2005 =)

Thank you Khetzal, thank you Suntrip!
          [ cuBe ] :: cubeg.org •
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Khetzal - Corolle (Suntrip Records 2005) CD

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance