Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Greece - Keno Diktuo>MR.PECULIAR+HYPERCEPTION from Australia LIVE in POLUTEXNIOUPOLI / Sat.12 May 2007
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Keno Diktuo>MR.PECULIAR+HYPERCEPTION from Australia LIVE in POLUTEXNIOUPOLI / Sat.12 May 2007

Nurbs
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : May 12, 2007 21:16
Wondering who's the wanker behind this ?? Double account 100% . Dude, get a life, enjoy the student life as much as you can and stop bitching about parties.
Distraction of property?? Bullocks
virava

Started Topics :  9
Posted : May 13, 2007 05:43
for the user "esties":

i understand that there is your house, as i understand some complains i heard inside by some students
but
you have to understand that there is not in your justice who is making a party why and if, because in there you live in a place that is considered as an academical asylum. a place which all greeks pay for (kratos)
banning from cars to get it and treating people who were leaving the party with a bad way are ridiculous. you have to understand the meaning of academical asylum where you live in...

finally who are you? how can you represent all the persons there by writing as "esties"? any degradation?          -_-_-_-_-_-_

www.myspace.com/viktoronmyspace <= mySpace-artist link

• _• • _f A C E S_ _f R E E_ • •_ •
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
_Mars_

Started Topics :  7
Posted : May 13, 2007 14:48
not my taste to be honnest about music but 4 sure was a great night for me...           opinions are like assholes...everybody has one!
esties

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 13, 2007 15:57
Quote:

On 2007-05-08 21:18, virava wrote:

people, respect and protect this concept and effort, the comeback, so that parties can continue in there from now on

The reason for my post was the post above , and not the party itself.
To get the things straight :
First of all the nickname "esties" is just a a nickname. It was not my purpose to seem like i am representing the whole community of the ntua dorms. That's your interpetation of my nick, and not my original intention.
About the asylum. That's a very big conversation to have in a forum, and i am not just avoiding it, i talked in person with someone from the void network yestarday just before the party, and i am willing to continue it any time.You can't just tell me "you have to understand the meaning of academic asylum..."Who r you to have the right to define the asylum in a way you want?And if so, you can and i cannot? Just to make a point : Asylum is about academic freedom and free distribution of ideas. But you can't impose your freedom over me.Your freedom ends where mine starts. Just as you feel free to throw your party in the dorms, i feel free to express my opposition.
Finally, as for banning the cars from getting in, and treating the people bad . I don't feel any urge to defend myself, but i was againist te people who did that .And you could ask any of the guys from the party who came to building 15 for water or whatever during the party, they d tell you if we treated them badly or not When we talked with the guys from the network before the party (sry, can;t remember the names) we ended our conversation by saying, we don't want this party to continue in there every saturday and we will do anything that we feel is right and necessary to accomplish that, but we said that nothing would be done to prevent last night's party. But just as now i dont speak for the whole dorms, so yestarday, some of the people thought that they need to do as they did. Stand in the gates and try to prevent people from getting in .
Guys, there s nothing againist void network or trance music or whatever .there are on the other hand bad examples in the past with vandalism in the ntua when parties where held there. Just saying that because yesterday when talking with the people from the network, i felt like they were seeing us as cops or sg like that. We r just students who happen to live in the dorms and see things from a different perspective.

And because i want to be fair , i have to congratulate people from the network who rided with bikes in the dorms, telling as to inform them if we had any problems with "strange" people from the party.

As for the user nurbs
I can assure you i do have a life, and i am enjoying my student life in ways you couldn't possibly imagine. So drop the attitude: " I rock beacuse i like trance, and your a f***ing pussy" .You r not gonna make me feel bad or sorry about myself. If you want to discuss, do it with arguments and facts, not with personal attacks. You re not addressed to some kind of 15 year old..

Nurbs
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : May 13, 2007 16:39
You misunderstood me, i dont have the attitude that you mention at all, not putting my self in the greek psytrance community, . Just happen to be a student some time ago and i know how things work in uni. dorms in greece and abroad. Dont think that you have problem with the parties just with some shit that comes together, not always. I mean some vandalisms, noise and ppl that come to dorms and giving attitude to students etc. , right?? Its your right actually to choose, cause the uni belongs to students, not not to ppl that they dont even studding !!! But this is something between you and the ppl that organize parties and what kind of arrangements you make before an event. But since the counseling does not exist its logical things like that to happen.
Parties in unis should never stop but they must doing them with the right way. First comes the respect to the asylum,dont take advantage it with the wrong way.Second, respect the students that they live there and the rules that the student counseling have, i doubt nobody knows.
Void Network is throwing parties in unis many years now and always respect the rules, as far as i know. The problem is that is very difficult to control all ppl that come. And this is were all problems start. But believe me, i ve been in many many parties in unis here and abroad and its the same everywhere. I wasnt always in the mood for parties but i learn to live with that. I suggest you to do the same.
d1m1tr1
Dark Elf

Started Topics :  76
Posted : May 13, 2007 18:04
we always respected the rules also.
but this is a big discussion...

anyway a question, i thought 'esties' (the place not the user) had a special status, not 100% asylum ?
but maybe i'm wrong

wanted to come yesterday but couldnt,
instead of discussing all this here, with NO end, somebody could review the party maybe?

thank u           http://darkelf.gr
http://www.sonic-loom.com
Destination

Posted : May 13, 2007 18:22
The wife of MR.PECULIAR kicked asses !
And Hercules 2. (kai gamw tis basslines)
I hope to see a new party soon!
Void Network
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  82
Posted : May 14, 2007 07:25
Dear friends,
we have to say big thanks to everybody that came to the party (about 1500 people).
We have to say great thanks to all the people that they came in the morning to help us built the party (especialy the people from Natural High Family, Creative Space Collective, Aposyntonismos Collective, Iliosporoi and all personal help by many people).We faced very difficult situation there this weekend cause the president of the university decided that the best way to "protect the asylum" is to turn Polutexnioupoli to Necropolis, to lock the doors and leave the students outside with no right to organize their concerts and parties there...
We faced very difficult situation there cause we had to moove the party in the last moment to the Esties and many students from the houses wanted to stop the party...! We have to say many thanks to many people that they arrived to the doors of esties and they spoke for many hours to the students for to make them understand that we can make the party all together and protect the area from all problems...Everything was O.k. in the end....It was very noisy for the students that they wanted to sleep but we hope they will not hate us for this...
They have to put some pressure also to the president of the university to allow the events in poutexnioupoli and as long as they don't care maybe they will face the same problems in the future again...
We have to thanks also dj Differ, dj Kinomatix, Sissy Stardust, Crystal Zero,
dj Nikitas, Dimitris Nats, Andreas Nats, Alexandros Nats, Trifonas Nats, Iraklis Mindphaser (great neo-goa and full on 4 hours set) and of course Mr.Peculiar and his wonderfull wife Ninjia for the three and a half hours Hyperception set....
(The wife of mr.Peculiar is pregnant and she stayed there playing so many hours for us in one of her great sets in europe...
She will go back in Australia after the end of the tour in August for to bring in life a new member of the underground psychedelic way of life)
It was a great gathering in a wonderfull summer night...
Thank you all,
Void Network
(Theory,Outopia,Sinesthesia,Ephemeral Arts)
http://voidnetwork.blogspot.com
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : May 14, 2007 15:57
Quote:

On 2007-05-14 07:25, Void Network wrote:
It was very noisy for the students that they wanted to sleep but we hope they will not hate us for this...
They have to put some pressure also to the president of the university to allow the events in poutexnioupoli and as long as they don't care maybe they will face the same problems in the future again...

I didnt want to make any comments concerning this event in this topic or the other topic speaking in general about the trance in greece since my position as a party promoter is a very delicate one,especially since i belong to that group that the Void Network calls as money seeking promoters that work in bouzoukia clubs with mafia managers and bouncers and super star artists (some of which by the way like Electric Universe and Man With No Name have also performed in Politexnioupoli and got payed the same money i also pay them and generated a big profit for the organisers from the sale of the bars although Void Network in one of its articles "why we make rave parties" it mentions that "people cant understand that they can be many parties where the organisers and the artists will not gain any money at all" but thats another big story anyway).

So far i didnt make any comment at all concerning last Saturdays free event and i wouldnt say anything even today BUT the above quote from Void Network made me really angry because my poor mind received these words as a threat or something and please correct me if my way of thinking is wrong.

So the Void Network very correctly understood that they created a problem (small or big it doesnt matter really) by hosting a big party near the university esties and also very correctly the Void Network apologized to the students for the incovinience.

So far so good because problems and misunderstandings and disagreements are something common between human relationships and can take place once every few years concerning issues like last weeks party.

BUT DIRECTLY MORE OR LESS saying to the people that live inside the esties that either they start putting pressure on the university authorities to allow parties taking place inside the university area otherwise they will probably face the same problems again in the future then this attitude is tottally unacceptable and belongs to the area of mafia club managers with bouncers that Void Network so much detests.

What if these people living in the esties simply dont want such parties to take place inside the university for many and various reasons from not liking the music style in these parties to being afraid for their personal safety?What if they prefer to study for the upcoming examination period instead of having a party among 1500 people out of which more than half never even attented any university courses during their life including the majority of the organisers and the performers of these events that just use the university asylum just to have fun not to mention anything else?What if these people respect the announcements of the university authorities when they say that events without their permission shouldnt take place inside the university area?What if one thousand things and reasons?

Excuse me but this statement is tottally unacceptable in my humble opinion and you owe an apology at least to those people living there.

I am not very familliar with the principles of Anarchy and/or Communism but one of the fundamental statements of democracy states that "My rights end where the other persons rights start" or in greek Ta dikeomata mou telionoun ekei pou arxizoun tou sinanthropou mou and from what i know the majority of people in Greece have voted for a democracy even though many people including myself believe that this democracy exists mainly just on papers,no matter what though we all have to respect even this typical democracy if you prefer to name it like that.

Yellow card to Void Network from my humble "money making promoter in bouzoukia club" entity.
          Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Void Network
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  82
Posted : May 15, 2007 00:11
Dear Detox,
our answer is that the problem in Polutexnioupoli (and our message to the students that they stay in esties) has nothing to do with any "threat" or "mafia attitude".
Anyway it is not in our intentions to make any party in this place in the close future...The problem is that the creativity of the people and of the underground collectives is high and the free locations seems more and more difficult to find...In this context even if we never go again to make party there...it is very possible some other people to try it...And this is a problem....This is what we mean when we say that we have all the students together to solve this problem...For to be sure that Esties area will not have noise problems we have to make sure that the people can make parties in the main Polutechnic campus and not to the esties area...This is our position about this problem as we don't want all this area to turn from Polutexnioupoli to Nekropoli....( of course many people they would love it to never happen again anything even to Polutexnioupoli and even to Estties)...But we are not this kind of people and we will make a fight against them wherever we find them on our way!
As also about the money from Electric Universe and Man With no Name you have to know that :
1.The people from Void Network (the activists, the helpers and the "artists") never get payed with even one euro for their "work" in Void Network events. This is how we are all equal (everything is based on friendship and love and we don't need to count how much you worked and how much I worked for this to happen).This same logic has also to do with all guests (d.js, bands or lecturers) play in our events.We made Electric Universe as a present, a special gift to all people for the celebration of the 15 years of Void Network and Man with No Name as an experiment of free entrance super star offering event...You know well that even 30 euro if we had payed each one of the 40 people that they worked for this event we would have never the money to pay Man with No Name from the income of the bar...As we are not getting any payment from our events we can do it...and it is great!
With the small "profit" from those two events we covered a small part of the debt of Indie Free festival that every year is more than 1500euro
Now the debt of Void Network in general is 1000 euro
If in some period there is existing any "profit" from any party we use it collectively to cover the expenses of "difficult" events like poetry nights or multi media ambient events or demonstrations that is always producing debts or otherwise we use it for political posters or internet costs or other expenses of the collective...We know that this is a strange logic for many people but this is our logic
Thank you very much for your reply and we hope we gave some good answers to your questions
People from Void Network
http://voidnetwork.blogspot.com
voidinternational@gmail.com
virava

Posted : May 15, 2007 21:43
Quote:

On 2007-05-13 15:57, esties wrote:
we ended our conversation by saying, we don't want this party to continue in there every saturday and we will do anything that we feel is right and necessary to accomplish that,

"in there" you mean in the dorms area or in the campus in general?

if you talk about the hole campus, understand that when a free event is prohibited to happen in such a place, the academical asylum is canceled for this place.           -_-_-_-_-_-_

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
virava

Posted : May 15, 2007 21:53
Quote:

On 2007-05-13 18:04, d1m1tr1 wrote:
we always respected the rules also.
but this is a big discussion...

anyway a question, i thought 'esties' (the place not the user) had a special status, not 100% asylum ?
but maybe i'm wrong

wanted to come yesterday but couldnt,
instead of discussing all this here, with NO end, somebody could review the party maybe?

thank u

as for what i know, there is as asylum as the hole campus. but with the new law, that is already voted and soon will be active, the (staff of the) university will choose which places will be considered as asylum places and which not. so they can choose to have only the buildings with this status or the hole campus or anything else...

as for the party, it was a nice one!
the place was nice also, without this to mean that it is right to make more parties there i liked d. nats set for first time (not so psytech this time, i think thats why), and i heard very good words about nikitas' set as i do many times. i leaved about 4-5 and hyperception were setting, playing not my cup of tea, but decent music, about as the played in fos club.
          -_-_-_-_-_-_

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
esties

Posted : May 18, 2007 13:36
"in there" = dorms parking right beside buildings 15 and 14

@void : Students should fight so you can throw your parties in the Ntua ?? So we could have the same shit like last winter with the new buildings of ECE getting trashed? I don't think so. Not trying to ban the parties is one thing, but fighting for them is another.

To see the greater picture. We dont have any problem with the void network in particular. But you having the party there, gave the expression that everyone could have their party there without even considering to talk with the students living in dorms.
There is another party planned for this saturday... But i wouldn't put my money on it happening.....
virava

Posted : May 18, 2007 14:03
Quote:

On 2007-05-12 21:03, esties wrote:
Has anyone thought about the people that live in the dorms? What if the same shit that happened in the ntua takes place? Distraction of property etc ?? No offence to your group or trance music. Its just that there are past examples we don't wont to see happen again .
Just informing that we are against you having parties every saturday right beside our home , and we gonna see to it .

Quote:

On 2007-05-13 15:57, esties wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-05-08 21:18, virava wrote:

people, respect and protect this concept and effort, the comeback, so that parties can continue in there from now on

The reason for my post was the post above , and not the party itself.

ok but as you can see i was talking about the party that was arranged to be in the campus, not in the area of the dorms. so you have to make yourself clear because in one hand you talk about polytechneioupolh in general and in the other, about the dorms area.           -_-_-_-_-_-_

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
euphoria

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 18, 2007 14:13
Quote:

On 2007-05-15 00:11, Void Network wrote:
( of course many people they would love it to never happen again anything even to Polutexnioupoli and even to Estties)...But we are not this kind of people and we will make a fight against them wherever we find them on our way!

How brave fighters you are! Hiding behind asylums excisting only in our "fascist" country...Either you like it or not you are the university mafia. As i told you on another post, fascism has no face either coming from a "legal" state or an anarchy state like the one you represent. Beeing an anarchist is a way of life wich anyone of us can achieve within our daily lifes since the system can easily be harmed from within it
          fate has it...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Greece - Keno Diktuo>MR.PECULIAR+HYPERCEPTION from Australia LIVE in POLUTEXNIOUPOLI / Sat.12 May 2007
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance