Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Karuna - 2.09.2008 - Tucson, AZ - feat. Paradigm, DJ Lucina, Uzi, Hahn the Barbarian, and more...

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Karuna - 2.09.2008 - Tucson, AZ - feat. Paradigm, DJ Lucina, Uzi, Hahn the Barbarian, and more...

karmavsDogma
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Jan 18, 2008 23:20
Karuna: wisdom cultivated through compassion

Who we are

We are a local community with a diverse, multi-talented group of individuals. We share a vision which has united us through creativity, expression, and self-exploration. Our common thread of psytrance music, also known as Goa, has united our passion and experiences.

The Event

The Tucson Gem Show provides an ideal opportunity to share our community with artists AND gem show visitors who have similar values. We wish to create an environment with a true reflection of our community through multimedia, visual & live art, music, and fashion. This event is an attempt to provide a gathering space for like-minded individuals to create, share and connect. Participation of all in attendance is encouraged and may be in various forms: dancing,drumming, sharing artistic expression, and forming/strengthening personal relationships.

The Performers:

DJ Lucina (Dreamcatcher, NYC)
Entering the West Coast psytrance scene with a Blam! in 2004 DJLucina (aka Gwyn) has been tearing it up with her full on and morningsets at parties all across the western US. After spending a year in thedeserts of New Mexico, DJ Lucina has reemerged on the East Coast as afull spectrum nighttime DJ ready to knock you socks off. Enjoy!

Paradigm (Mindfunk, Maia, geomagnetic.tv, San Francisco)
Paradigm's reputation for pinpoint accurate mixing, smooth and clean equalizer work, dynamic and groovy bass-lines and infectious stage persona caught the attention of America's psy trance scene, and has made him one of the most sought trance DJ's in North America. Paradigm has been fortunate enough to share the stage with artists such as Wizzy Noise, Atomic Pulse, D-tek, Eskimo, Neuromotor, Hyper-Frequencies, Earthling, Dark Soho, Miraculix, C.P.U., Quadra, Astrix, Nomad, Paul Taylor (Spun), Shawnodese (Mind Funk), Arturo (Maia), Anneli (Sweden) and so on...and of course many if not most of the US based producers including Penta, Chromatone, Random, Deeper in Zen, Greg on Earth, Mubali and almost every other U.S. live-performance worth mentioning.

Uzi (OH/Russia)
Uzi started his psycedelic jorney in US back in 1998. Been part of Goahead Productions for many years, promoting and introducing NE Ohio to psytrance culture, playing along with many talented artist from all aroung the globe. Now, running his own Production Nuts-N-Bolts, collaboration of artists with dark, mental psy, for deep night stompers. His sound quiet Heavy, Dark and Psychedelic, offers an unique mental travel into darker side of your mind.

Moksha Mind (AZ)
The newest member of the Overmind Works crew, Moksha Mind has been into electronic music since 1990. Rob spent the early 90's weaving his way through many genres and styles of music including the early days of FAX records, dark ambient, and industrial. A natural progression in his musical journey was the discovery of goa trance through Doof's remix of Kode IV's "Near to the Divine" song in '96. After spending many memorable years living in California, and exploring the formative years of the psytrance scene in the Bay Area in the late 90's he found his way over to Arizona in 2000. Upon arriving in Arizona, he looked for a like minded crowd of musical souls, but was unsuccessful. Little did he know a small fledgling scene would soon be brewing that would come to be known as Overmind Works.
Rob is a laidback psychonaut with a quirky sense of humor and a vivid, twisted imagination. Current musical interests span the range of deep chill, dark ambient, experimental, atmospheric, ethno chill, psychedelic dub and inspired world beats of almost any kind.

Hahn the Barbarian (Mechanical Dragon/Overmind Works, AZ)
Hahn's mind began making sense of electronic music in 1992 with the acquisition of a home computer and the installation of Mechwarrior 2. In his early years, he developed an affinity for pop music and, through his interest in GI-Joe toys, he developed an acute case of Collector's Syndrome. This was a perfect foundation for the music enthusiast and collector that the psytrance scene knows today as Hahn the Barbarian. A sucker for nearly all types of electronic music (especially all hybrids of psytrance), he is primarily dedicated to high-tech sounds that reveal a prescient glimpse of the future. While many of his sets are comprised mostly of the sounds in his playlist at the respective time, some of his favorite journeys have taken Hahn and his listeners through the realms of Dark Psy-tech, Organic Pro-tech, Aggro Full-on and Hyper-Neo.

Professor X (Trance Psyndicate - Phoenix)
He started djing electronic music in 1998 when he was going to one of the top audio schools in the country. He was first influenced by progressive house and breakbeats. After homing his engineering skills, he began playing shows at clubs in downtown Orlando, Florida and engineering live sound for concerts at Universal Studios. After his popularity grew he got booked at bigger venues, such as the Hard Rock Live and The Groove. His driving electronic beats were sucking people on to dancefloors and giving them an experience they would never forget. His captivating presence kept fans wanting more and more. They were feeding off his intense vibe that he created every time he played. Sooner or later hurricanes drove him out of Florida and he headed back to the Midwest. After meeting DJ Zero Six in his hometown in Illinois, he discovered psytrance and became a core element of the Trancepsyndicate. He has played at parties such as the Cosmic Outset, Earthdance, and the Apsylum for the Unsane. He is now playing outdoor festivals for Overmindworks in Phoenix, AZ. His full-on energetic sound has infected many people’s consciousness in ways they never thought possible.

Zombie (NM)
My name is Cody, and people around here call me Zombie. I dj around New Mexico playing psychedelic trance-- both full on and progressive, older goa and a lot of darkpsy. I am out to network and connect with other lovers of psychedelic culture. I hold a torch for all who are open-minded. You know who you are... I like to hang out with my friends, mix vinyls, attend events (especially outdoor gatherings!) and talk about music. Without the beats and bass, I'd be lost; well-- further lost than I am already heh.

The Location:

Odaiko Sonora SPACE

The Odaiko Sonora SPACE (Secure Performing Arts Creative Environment) is located at 1013 S. Tyndall. The 5,000 sqft facility includes storage, office space, and a 2500 sqft clear space with 16–18 foot ceilings. The 33' x 44' sqft sprung wood floor has a Harlequin dance surface.

Past and current users include Brazilian percussion and dance ensemble, Batucaxé, pyrotechnic theater Flam Chen, Thom Lewis Dance, Kimi Eisele, Ensphere, Lois Black Ballet, Funhouse Movement Theater, Japan-America Society of Tucson and many others. Healing arts include taijichuan, yin yoga mediation and Drumming the I Ching.

Suggested donation of $10 per person at the door.
Car Pooling is encouraged.
Doors open at 8:00 and we'll go until sunrise.
See you there!

http://www.karuna604.com

"Every generation needs a new revolution." ~Thomas Jefferson
Join ours: http://www.campaignforliberty.com

Overmind Works - bringing quality psytrance to the Arizona scene.
http://www.overmindworks.org
djSF

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jan 21, 2008 14:39
I can't wait to see you all again in AZ - gwyn
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Jan 21, 2008 19:20
very much looking forward to it. Its been over a year since my last Az trip and i always have a blast there.
Will be nice to see Gwyn play again, and the event in conjuntion with the gem show seems like a good way to get some new folks to the show....

just a quick notation though...., im no longer a part of Mindfunk( i know so often we just cut and past our djs write ups from past shows,) but these days my affiliations are, Xcience & Geomagnetic           
Logical Light Music - SF
Straylight Productions -SF
Sound/Mind - Denver
Xcience - Midwest

mixes for dl at :
http://www.thehothouse.net/straylight/paradigm/index.htm

"He who ha-ha's last, ha-ha's best"
djSF

Posted : Jan 22, 2008 08:31
and I can't wait to see lawrence play esp. after hearing his new mix! We're going to have fun - gwyn
sinikol

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 22, 2008 09:08
Tucson throwing psy parties now? sweet. Hah wassup hahn.
wichdokta
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Jan 22, 2008 21:09
Have a great time people, these folks are in it for the right reasons. Pure love and light I tell ya. Doof the good doof, Bom
Eklypz

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jan 24, 2008 05:36
yay great lineup!! Have a good one y'all. REALLY wish I could be to the gem show and kills me that this is added on top of it!! UZI will melt ya!
konflux
Konflux

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Jan 24, 2008 06:10
go lawrence!!!

myspace.com/konfluxpsy | www.konfluxmusic.net | PsyTribe | Phar Psyde Recs. | Logical Light Recs.

For CD releases:
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/search.asp?search_str=konflux
karmavsDogma
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 25, 2008 01:56
Steph, the mastermind behind this gathering, emailed this to me today:

[quote]
It is unfortunate that Buddhism's most enduring (and universal) contribution to the world has been insufficiently translated as compassion. The original Sanskrit word is 'karuna,' which holds within itself traces of the fragment 'ru,' meaning to weep. While the Oxford dictionary describes compassion as pity bordering on the merciful, karuna is actually our ability to relate to another in so intense a measure that the plight of the other affects us as much as if it had been our own.

The term karuna is central to the entire Buddhist tradition. It is frequently described as a love for all beings, equal in intensity to a mother's affection for her child. However, it is quite unlike conventional love (Sanskrit: priya, kama or trishna), which is rooted in dualistic thinking and is egoistic, possessive and exclusive, in contrast to the all-encompassing nature of compassion. The root meaning of karuna is said to be the anguished cry of deep sorrow and understanding that can only come from an unblemished sense of oneness with others.
[quote]           "Every generation needs a new revolution." ~Thomas Jefferson

vj_syntax

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jan 29, 2008 19:46
Yeah! This ought be goooooooood. Eagerly awaiting. Got lots of deco and visuals ready to go for this.
djSF

Posted : Jan 31, 2008 22:52
did I mention I can't wait for this party! -gwyn
karmavsDogma
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 2, 2008 21:57
Next weekend we're going to bring an all-new kind of experience to the Gem Show. Come early, stay late, and be ready to DANCE!           "Every generation needs a new revolution." ~Thomas Jefferson

djSF

Posted : Feb 6, 2008 06:31
finally is around the corner!! lawrence and I are going to take over! -gwyn
King Salmon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Feb 6, 2008 11:17
This is very unique idea to combine with the gem show. I'd like to see what they think of the music.           Kent
www.squidcollective.com
www.fugutrance.com
Austin, Texas, USA
karmavsDogma
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 8, 2008 00:15
Quote:

On 2008-02-06 11:17, King Salmon wrote:
This is very unique idea to combine with the gem show. I'd like to see what they think of the music.

we'll know in two days. Personally, I think they're going to really dig it.           "Every generation needs a new revolution." ~Thomas Jefferson

Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Karuna - 2.09.2008 - Tucson, AZ - feat. Paradigm, DJ Lucina, Uzi, Hahn the Barbarian, and more...

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance