Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Karuna - 2.09.2008 - Tucson, AZ - feat. Paradigm, DJ Lucina, Uzi, Hahn the Barbarian, and more...
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Karuna - 2.09.2008 - Tucson, AZ - feat. Paradigm, DJ Lucina, Uzi, Hahn the Barbarian, and more...

djSF

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Feb 8, 2008 07:42
hell yeah they are! "I've seen some crystals do some pretty trippy shit..." - gwyn
Quasga
Inactive User

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Feb 9, 2008 22:50
All the best with it!
konvndrvm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Feb 10, 2008 14:02
lol i love that part in amd bigfish gwyn :0

this will be a good one. i almost dont even need to say it but....

Aegis (Paradope) is gonna bring the heat!

I'm so glad my monterey brothers are getting so much exposure!

enjoy this! it will be hard not to!

and incase you forgot...
SHAKE YO BOOT

-J
DanVapid

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Feb 11, 2008 03:03
as i tried to say before....get ready for the newest Dreamcather! best wishes...
nicksynergy

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Feb 11, 2008 16:22
It was awesome - one of the best psytrance events Arizona has yet seen.
karmavsDogma
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Feb 12, 2008 05:05
Wow, I didn't realize how big a following psytrance has picked up here in the Grand Canyon state over the last 2+ years I've lived here. The venue was perfect, the music was outstanding, the deco and lighting were spot on, and the people who came out were all there to have the best time possible (I believe they all did). From the opening beat to the very last step, the dance floor was packed with smiling faces and positive energy.

Paradigm - Thanks for bringing the mad, funky, stompy stuff that you do so well. It was great seeing you again.

Uzi - I haven't seen anyone move a dance floor like you did. The effect you had on Hank in particular was outstanding. Thank you so much for such a good time.

DJ Lucina - You brought some of the hardest, most danceable beats I have heard since the last time I saw you play out. The newest Dreamcatcher is going to be a force to be reckoned with

Zombie - Wow, man, groovy stuff. It was good to hear you play again. You gotta get out of NM more often.

Professor X - As usual, you brought the dance floor to a close with a frenzy, with some very tight beats my aching feet couldn't help but move to.

And a huge thanks to the OMW guys - Moksha Mind and Hahn the Barbarian - for slinging the mad psytrance you do so well.

BJ and Steph - thank you for envisioning, planning, and executing such a great idea for a show. I had a total blast the entire time. Your hospitality and courtesy to EVERYONE who attended this event shows a genuine spirit in line with the idea of this event. Thank you so much for the opportunity, and I hope we can do it again sometime soon.

Nick Synergy - This event could not have happened without the effort you put into it. Thank you so much for helping me organize everything that needed to get done.

eNdo and Cliff - the visuals were AMAZING. Great use of the hex screens, Eric. You both had some great material, and it fit perfectly with the rest of the space.

To everyone who came out and lent a hand in this event, thank you so much for your time and energy. It was well spent. Hope to see you all again sometime soon.           "Every generation needs a new revolution." ~Thomas Jefferson
Join ours: http://www.campaignforliberty.com

Overmind Works - bringing quality psytrance to the Arizona scene.
http://www.overmindworks.org
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Feb 12, 2008 17:13
this was a fantastic event. I always have a great time in AZ, but this show certainly took the cake.

The venue was fantastic. Very nice having the rubberized, shoeless dancefloor. Deffinatley gives your feet a bit more relief from stomping. The rest of the space offerd a nice comfortable caperted area to chill, and lots of sitting space.

The production was very good as well. Great visual set up, I esp. liked the hexagon screen/ Deco overall though was set up so that you were rahter encapsulated in it.

Music was top notch.
Zombie was some skills to pay the bill and was good at setting a good early tempo.

Hahn, man, that was some of the best crunchy techy trance i have heard in a long time. There is so little of that type of music to be heard these days and that was very much a treat.

Uzi was a very pleasent surprise. As damn near everyone knows im not the biggest fan of the darker beats, but Uzi was very impressive. Very well presented, mixed and danceable night time stormers.

I myself had a blast playing

Lucina, very nice that Dreamcatcher has picked you up. I wish you could have had a longer set, but your mixes were very solid and i heard some gret tunes in your set

Professor X, enjoyable set, but my energy levels were close to depleted at this point, so though i heard it, i cant really say I "heard" it, but the afterparty set was very nice.

I cant begin to say how much i enjoy myself everytime im in AZ. The hospitality im shown is always above and beyond anywhere else.

Nick, Hank, Micha, Tim, Treva, and the rest of OVMW thank you.....
Bj & Steph, congratulate yourselfs on a job well done. I hope you guys can continue to use that place. and this event serves to just further the development of the AZ scene overall, but kickstarts something new in Tucson. Also thank you to opening your home to all of us.

My girl as well had a blast at this, and enjoyed meeting everyone as well.

cant wait to see the pix           
Logical Light Music - SF
Straylight Productions -SF
Sound/Mind - Denver
Xcience - Midwest

mixes for dl at :
http://www.thehothouse.net/straylight/paradigm/index.htm

"He who ha-ha's last, ha-ha's best"
moksha_mind
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Feb 12, 2008 22:10
What more can I say to add to the glowing reviews already given? This was the most fun I've had at an indoor party since goa gil's kosmokrator release party in berkeley. I can't quite put my finger on it, but everything came together perfectly to produce that 'magic' that is so often lacking at an indoor space but so readily accessible at an outdoor party. maybe it was the high ceilings, and copious mirrorage that gave a feeling of being in a much larger space?

The visuals definitely opened the space up tremendously, the quality and novelty surpassed anything I've seen performed live and they were such a complement to the music. We are very fortunate that cliff and endo are into psytrance!

The music was phenomenal to say the least. this event felt like a family reunion with zombie, dj lucina, and paradigm making the trek to join us again. I feel a bit spoiled having all this fine talent travelling here, back in the day I used to drive 6-8 hours to a good event!

It was a pleasure to hear uzi for the first time, and let me say wow! i've always liked dark stuff in the context of a larger event, but I think I finally 'got it' this time around and i can see how people just want to go off on that for eternity...exquisite!

lawrence, i think you're a magician. after uzi destroyed the dancefloor you reconstructed it and blew the roof off. pure magic to say the least... I think i danced almost your whole set. I'm trying to think of words to describe your style, but words fail me... a balance of perfection, order, and power. like a crystal nautilus emanating infinite energy cody, gwyn, hank and brad... what would a good party be without you? I always enjoy hanging with you guys, and thanks for all the great times past and future. gwyn, I'm going to get you a corkscrew necklace, matching corkscrew earrings, and a corkscrew keychain to hang from tortuga so were covered from now on...

bj and steph, thank you for taking the lead on this one. it's nice to kick back for a change and enjoy the party without as much of a sense of responsibility, if you know what I mean, and I think you probably do;) what an incredible venue you guys found and vision that was realized. i think tucson is seeing the seed of much greater things to come. it was great to actually meet a few gemshow folks, and expose a few people to psytrance for their first time. nothing like the beginnings of a great discovery... bring them into the fold.

ok this is getting much too long winded for a party review, suffice it to say this was a wonderful magical time. and it was great to reconnect with everyone in such a positive space and time. thanks to everyone for the premiere performance of karuna!
namaste,
rob
moksha mind
          "The sparrow is sorry for the peacock for the burden of its tail" -Rabindranath Tagore

http://soundcloud.com/moksha-mind
djSF

Posted : Feb 13, 2008 21:04
WOW that was a great party! I really enjoyed seeing all my old friends and meeting a ton of new ones too, everyone brought something unique and special and shared it - thanks to everyone who was there!

As for the music, everyone played something different but it all flowed together so well (kudos to the organizers!)

Rob - kick ass as always and really got us in to the groove on that groovy soft dance floor

Zombie - you're getting more amazing by the minute and I loved you're track selection

Hank - "the woohoo king" - the best I heard outta ya

Uzi - crazy, I'm still checking make sure I don't have any bullet holes in me! and what you made hank do on the dance floor......

Lawrence - top notch tracks played in top notch fashion! I expect great sets from you and you ALWAYS deliver

Brad - sorry I always leave you in a hard place to get out of after my set but you always manage to do so with style, and thanks for the afterparty set too.

Thanks Steph and BJ for throwing this event and making it so amazing, you really put together something we will long remember and cherish! - gwyn

Jessi not categorized

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 14, 2008 07:08
Karuna, in my opinion, was perfect in every sense!!! It's events like these that provide me with much needed therapy.

The indoor venue was comfortable, decorated very well and the visuals grabbed my attention many times! Thanks to Cliff, Endo and all those who were creative!

The music, throughout the night, pulsating from the speakers was such an awesome variety!!! My mind and body were quite content with the flow. Thank you Rob, Zombie, Hank, Paradigm, Lucinda, and Professor X!! I truly needed to release a lot of pent up dancing energy! Uzi had me "rawwrring" from afar.

Thank you BJ, Steph and everyone else who contributed to making this event what it was, KARUNA!!! Very much appreciated! I am sure this experience will remain vivid for quite some time! ~Peace~
vj_syntax

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Feb 14, 2008 21:00
WOW!!!

That was INCREDIBLE.

Amazing music.
Mind Blowing visuals (Shameless self promo!)
Awesome venue.
Beautiful artwork.
Creative Deco.

and most importantly, beautiful people!!!

Thank you so very much to everyone involved with this event. It was a profoundly good experience.

Whoever said Arizona doesn't have a Psytrance scene??? They're CRAZY!!!

AZ is in FULL EFFECT.

Lets do it AGAIN.
ScarletFire

Posted : Feb 16, 2008 18:32
Much respect to All the dj's, Vj's and BJ and Steph for this party. A special thanks to Uzi for comming out on throwing down some powefull nightime tunes. This was definatley the best Psy party I have been to In AZ as well as the first I have attended In my hometown!! I am sure this will be the first of many great parties to come in The Tucson Area!!

BOOM!!!

masterripper22

Posted : Feb 17, 2008 13:22
Sorry for the late review...

Anyways, what can say as most everyone pretty much summed it up.

I loved Uzi's set!! He melted my mind with that dark psy i so love!!!

Dj lucina had a very very good set. love what u played towards the end!!

Thank you Paradigm for the funky groovy psy!!

and thank you to all the other dj's too u all had pretty much awesome sets!!

Thank you to Bj and Stephanie for making this happen!! i hope we get to use this space again some time soon!

Till the next time!!!!!!
PsyCore

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Feb 17, 2008 17:00
Go AZ!! Yay OMW, keep it up!
heymixx

Posted : Feb 19, 2008 00:39
This is Zombie. Thank you Tucson for the invitation to play and set a good mood. Thanx to the overmindworks crew for giving the recomendation, and to BJ and Steph for trusting in me, a relative unknown to come jam with you all!

The venue location was top notch. I've never felt a more welcoming dance floor that what we had. Jumping around in my socks was the greatest! Deco was superb, as were the visuals very good job! I enjoyed all the sets during the nite! Beats got harsher and more energetic as we tranced the nite away! Always a pleasure to see good friends: Gwyn, Micah, Nick, Hank, Brad, Rob, Endo, yardz, chris and albie. and to all the new people I met thanks for making my weekend a fun one! Many good memories were brought back from my trip. AZ is truly a hotspot all psytrancers should be aware of. Friendly faces, welcome arms, and a lot of shared laughter from such an open community. I love you guys.

Cody aka Zombie from NM.
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Karuna - 2.09.2008 - Tucson, AZ - feat. Paradigm, DJ Lucina, Uzi, Hahn the Barbarian, and more...
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance