First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Jean Michel Jarre

Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : Jul 25, 2005 16:41
the 3rd Popcorn Remix is a Suomi one by Tekniset. actually, i've just listened to it recently
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jul 25, 2005 16:43
Quote:

On 2005-07-25 15:08, Acidhive wrote:
Where do you all get the idea Jean Michel Jarre made Popcorn?? That's just not true. It's by that Gershton Kingsley dude. One of Jarre's first works was the Oxygene album. Popcorn was never originally made by Jarre and I can't remember him playing it anytime during his many concerts. Jarre was never crap as some people here put it so eloquently, he started out with Oxygene and people that think that album is not good synthwise, have hearing problems. And if you don't believe me about the Popcorn thingy, just check discogs and you'll see Popcorn is not in his discography.

Popcorn was correctly not his own original creation but it did indeed come before Oxygene which wasen't at all JMJ's first album.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Popcorn
Black bird
Cover version of famous Gershon Kingsley tune was issued in 1971 on 7" under the name "Popcorn Orchestra". On Popcorn Jarre only plays bass (quite awfully).

Jarre's first solo album
Deserted Palace (1972)

http://www.sensi.org/~ak/jarre/preoxy.html
----Dawn----
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jul 25, 2005 19:38
Quote:

On 2005-07-25 15:08, Acidhive wrote:
Jarre was never crap as some people here put it so eloquently, he started out with Oxygene and people that think that album is not good synthwise, have hearing problems.

When i said his 'early stuff' was rubbish i was referring to the pre-Oxygene work, especially 'Deserted Palaces' which sounds like a bunch of uber-cheesy jingles and elevator Musak.

As HandA pointed out, Oxygene (which is a masterpiece) was not Jarre’s first release, in fact it was released a full 8 years after his first release.

To be honest though, i do like 'Zig-Zag Dance'... so maybe i should get my hearing checked after all!           Am i the only one who believes in solipsism?
nahimoff
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Aug 1, 2005 01:56
Quote:

On 2005-07-25 12:15, HandA wrote:
I would not say "Popcorn" is one of the tracks that put JMJ on the map of music even though it was one of his ealier tracks.

I could think of so many better and groundbreaking tracks such as the various versions of Oxygene, Equinoxe, Magnetic Field.

And The brilliant album "Zoolook" which contained sampling before sampling got known. JMJ travelled the world and recorded people and atmospheres + one of the best live albums i've ever heard - "The China Concerts"

couldnt agree more chris in fact i used to be a big JMJ fan from the beginning of his fame in oxygen then equinox and magnetic fields which are all masterpieces and also the concert in china double cd which chriss mentioned and i followed him until zoolook which is indeed a brilliant piece of music and thats it rendez vous was already too much cheesy pop for me and lost the vibe it had before of something holy and untouchable!

regarding the question about a JMJ track being remixed or not.. personally if I were not a part of this scene or market as a simple human being I would hate if someone ruins his songs and it will take a mighty effort from the remixer to do it in a way i could appreciate it!.. as a part of this market i can tell you its kinda odd that no efforts were made to remix the "bigger" titles of JMJ but let's hope it stays that way or someone will really succeed in remixing it..
          DJ NADI EarPeaks music Group (Domo/Tupan/Gat music)
www.domorecords.com info@domorecords.com
www.tupan-records.com www.earpeaks.com
----Dawn----
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Aug 1, 2005 04:33
Quote:

On 2005-08-01 01:56, nahimoff wrote:
rendez vous was already too much cheesy pop for me and lost the vibe

Personally, i think Rendez-Vous is one of Jarre's best albums. Not sure why you thought it was cheesy pop. The first half of it is very classical/choral and the last track is a slow jazz number.

I think if he 'lost the vibe' anywhere it would be with 'Revolutions' and again with 'Metamorphoses' (that one took a lot of listens before i started to like it).

Other than that, i agree.

Quote:

its kinda odd that no efforts were made to remix the "bigger" titles of JMJ

Yeah, it is! I’m sure there is cash in it There have been a few mainstream trance/dance artists that have remixed some of his more famous tracks... DJ Quicksilver's attempt at 'Equinox 4' comes to mind. I don’t think it was very good.
          Am i the only one who believes in solipsism?
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Aug 1, 2005 11:37
Quote:

regarding the question about a JMJ track being remixed or not.. personally if I were not a part of this scene or market as a simple human being I would hate if someone ruins his songs and it will take a mighty effort from the remixer to do it in a way i could appreciate it!.. as a part of this market i can tell you its kinda odd that no efforts were made to remix the "bigger" titles of JMJ but let's hope it stays that way or someone will really succeed in remixing it..

I have been thinking about remixing him and even had a talk with his manager but at the end of the day I said no simply because I felt his works are perfect and should be left alone.
d1m1tr1
Dark Elf

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Aug 10, 2005 14:54
i will just agree with AcidHive !!!           http://darkelf.gr
http://www.sonic-loom.com
nahimoff
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Aug 11, 2005 00:54
DAWN! my mistake indeed sorry! after flipping through the cds again rendez vous was indeed the last masterpiece i meant revolutions being cheesy pop!

I back you on the rest of course!

Peace           DJ NADI EarPeaks music Group (Domo/Tupan/Gat music)
www.domorecords.com info@domorecords.com
www.tupan-records.com www.earpeaks.com
elias

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Aug 20, 2005 06:11
jean michel jarre-oxygen 8(sunday club mix)

the best rmx i heard ever.           Greetings from Greece
Boulevard
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Nov 30, 2012 21:33

Mushrooms make you do crazy stuff. Look at Mario he jumps on animal heads and fights with dragons.
amigooo

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Dec 7, 2012 16:27
I remember xcelenet rmx of Oxygene by Andromeda...on Goa Neo Full On Vol 3 album..but firstly I have heard it live from Andromeda at Ozora 2008 or 9...here you go, I like very much this rmx...

and for emtrire JMJarre topic here I can agree with most of you about influence, pioneering..I listened and have orginal cds since oxygene to zoolook..the reste i did not admire anymore so much..but have exoperienced 2 concerts:
1. dedicated to Oxygene played on old ladies (as he named his old analog machines) - this was amazing

2. concert best of..which was Ok, more contemporary lasers and stuff..but the first concert left the goose bumps...

love & light..amigo
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Jean Michel Jarre
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance