1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Jean Michel Jarre

neo_mastar

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jul 22, 2005 18:05
what u guys think about JMJarre's songs remixed to psytrance...
is there any song already remixed?
or maybe Vangelis?
          The important thing is never to stop questioning. (A. Einstein)
floatyhippyflower

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 22, 2005 18:11
Vangelis yes. I just recommended the Blade Runner album for trance job on the fantasy remixes thread.

Jean Michel Jarre - hmmm, not so sure about that one...
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Jul 22, 2005 18:38
Thats my father's Taste. hehe
somehow. Some part in Jeronimo (black and white) remids me JMJ.           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jul 22, 2005 18:54
Jarre and Vangelis were a big help to get psytrance started I guess. Experimenting with synths... Jarre's work shouldn't be touched however. Nor should Vangelis work be touched. Listen clearly and you can hear their influences in our music already. But no psytrance artist should remix their songs. It wouldn't come close to the original. Some things just shouldn't be touched...           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
neo_mastar

Posted : Jul 22, 2005 19:06
Quote:

On 2005-07-22 18:54, Acidhive wrote:
Jarre and Vangelis were a big help to get psytrance started I guess. Experimenting with synths... Jarre's work shouldn't be touched however. Nor should Vangelis work be touched. Listen clearly and you can hear their influences in our music already. But no psytrance artist should remix their songs. It wouldn't come close to the original. Some things just shouldn't be touched...

yeah i was thinking about it and u r right.
remixes cant be done with those songs but it woud be nice to hear those synths in a psy beat...           The important thing is never to stop questioning. (A. Einstein)
----Dawn----
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jul 22, 2005 19:15
Whether you like the guy or not, Jarre is one of the true pioneers of modern electronic and dance music and not a week goes by when i don't hear his influences in other music.

As for remixes, a few years ago there was a Jarre remix album called 'Odyssey Through O2' - and it was shite (imo). As a huge JMJ fan for the best part of 30 years i would say stay well clear of remixing Jarre's stuff unless you really know what you are doing.           Am i the only one who believes in solipsism?
neo_mastar

Posted : Jul 22, 2005 19:22
Quote:

On 2005-07-22 19:15, ----Dawn---- wrote:
Whether you like the guy or not, Jarre is one of the true pioneers of modern electronic and dance music

just listen to Jean Michel Jarre - Popcorn
the original version.           The important thing is never to stop questioning. (A. Einstein)
----Dawn----
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 22, 2005 19:52
The original version of 'Popcorn' was by a guy called Gershon Kingsley but it was made famous by Hot Butter in the early 70s... and before anyone mentions it... yes, Jarre was far from the first electronic 'pioneer' (you could go back as far as Theremin)... or even the most influential (Kraftwerk probably gets that honour)... and yes, his early stuff is indeed rubbish           Am i the only one who believes in solipsism?
Licio2

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jul 22, 2005 19:59
Quote:

... yes, Jarre was far from the first electronic 'pioneer' (you could go back as far as Theremin)... or even the most influential (Kraftwerk probably gets that honour)... and yes, his early stuff is indeed rubbish

I admit of not knowing much of JMJ work...but if you have the chance to see Kraftwerk live on their tour you'll probably understand where a lot of the stuff that we listen today originates from...
Really an amazing show musically and visually!!!!!!!
----Dawn----
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 22, 2005 20:17
Quote:

On 2005-07-22 19:59, Licio2 wrote:
Quote:

... yes, Jarre was far from the first electronic 'pioneer' (you could go back as far as Theremin)... or even the most influential (Kraftwerk probably gets that honour)... and yes, his early stuff is indeed rubbish

I admit of not knowing much of JMJ work...but if you have the chance to see Kraftwerk live on their tour you'll probably understand where a lot of the stuff that we listen today originates from...
Really an amazing show musically and visually!!!!!!!

Agreed!           Am i the only one who believes in solipsism?
Cl0nE

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 25, 2005 11:03
There are so far 3 remixes of JMJ, and those are all Popcorn remixes (by eskimo, by manibus (or prosper) and don't know who did the 3rd one). For the time being, all tracks are nice arranged and have good dancefloor fealing, but about keeping the soul of the original work... no 1 can make it sound like Jarre do. Check it out 4 yourselves.
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jul 25, 2005 12:15
I would not say "Popcorn" is one of the tracks that put JMJ on the map of music even though it was one of his ealier tracks.

I could think of so many better and groundbreaking tracks such as the various versions of Oxygene, Equinoxe, Magnetic Field.

And The brilliant album "Zoolook" which contained sampling before sampling got known. JMJ travelled the world and recorded people and atmospheres + one of the best live albums i've ever heard - "The China Concerts"
CRX(HSS Records)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Jul 25, 2005 12:20
vangelis "blade runner"theme has been rmxed by a few artists in the past .now as far as JMJ is concerned when I first heard cest la vie with natasha atlas I thought it was a trance tune.true pionner of electronic music
respect,
CRX,athens           Helicon Sounds Music
www.hssr.gr
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jul 25, 2005 15:08
Where do you all get the idea Jean Michel Jarre made Popcorn?? That's just not true. It's by that Gershton Kingsley dude. One of Jarre's first works was the Oxygene album. Popcorn was never originally made by Jarre and I can't remember him playing it anytime during his many concerts. Jarre was never crap as some people here put it so eloquently, he started out with Oxygene and people that think that album is not good synthwise, have hearing problems. And if you don't believe me about the Popcorn thingy, just check discogs and you'll see Popcorn is not in his discography.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Jul 25, 2005 15:16
You can listen the entire JMJ - Oxygene 8 (Violet Vision Remix) at http://www.violetvision.net/           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Jean Michel Jarre

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance