Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Isratrance is dead.....
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Isratrance is dead.....

camundongo

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Feb 2, 2013 13:47
it's dead but all these special deals on NFL gear keep me coming back
positive036

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Feb 4, 2013 02:32

I 've witnessed the closure of almost all forums that are involved in psychedelic music, in my country at least. Everything is goin' on at Fb pages now I guess, but I'm sure that forums like this can survive in this world if there is a strong will among users.
I'm not technicly skilled to give some smart suggestions about developing of the forum, but one thing I can see is that the forum is too large by the number of sections in it, and that the number of active users is falling down. Somehow it has the same direction as psychedelic trance music nowdays. The large number of releases almost every week, and a large number of recording labels for I would say decreasing number of listeners or fans for this kind of music.
The only thing that I see going steady, is the number and the size of the festivals which are based on this kind of music, and yet, most of the promoters and festival organizers are members of this forum.
Maybe some of the ideas mentioned by the users in this thread could improve the forum, or at least shows that the users want to keep this place alive.

Just, my humble opinion on this matter...
TimeTraveller
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Feb 4, 2013 03:50
its definetly dying, I guess this side won't exist in not long time. The users amount is falling almost only music producers keep coming from time to time but even this guys don't come that often to this place anymore and so general users amount is constantly decreasing. This certainly has not much to do if anything with FB
Maybe a refresh of colours could make it more attracitve but probably the isra team has had right from the beginning and it does not make a big sense.
Maybe it will become an NFL market or a shoe bazzarr or whatever ^^ or maybe a battle field until the last remains who knows all is possible           https://soundcloud.com/shivagarden
Sunrise Travellers
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Feb 4, 2013 22:04
the strange thing is that i see almost every day a new member registered here but the problem is that most of the new users they are not so active           ...into the wild....
Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  87
Posted : Feb 5, 2013 05:05
imo its pretty stable low for months now..not gettig worse or better, just my impression..sure its just a couple of users, but quite often new people post their tracks in production forum wich are supposed to be in the workshop..so , cannot be that bad lol XD           -------......-------...-..-..-..-.-.-.-.-
Alias
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Feb 15, 2013 22:16
I wasn't in this forum more than 4 years.

As detox explained, one of the reasons of low visits in this forum is social media.
IMO,
In general prytrance is dead. Even hardcore audience dont listening psytrance.
Still here in Israel there is some popularity,
but If we compare today's popularity with 90's or the begining of this millenium, the gap is huge.

www.myspace.com/aliasix
e-scape
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Feb 15, 2013 22:37
It's a natural process...Psytrance died like every movement in music and life,it has it's end but the end could make room for new beginning,so something new could happen.What we need is ideas,our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas as Terence Mckenna once said...           
http://soundcloud.com/e-scape-2
moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Feb 17, 2013 00:56
in a moment of joy down under in the chillout dj thread, i was wondering, why dont we put some more effort on the collective direction, driven by the intelligence of the crowd? to be more presize , i really felt the need to say thanks and donate something to a beautiful chillout set in that magnificent thread in isratrance.

it is a set, one of hundreds sonic diamonds in that thread, that i really love and appreciate.. it is great to have such a dense access to some of the most unique pieces of art. and every time there is a gem over there among those dj sets, i feel like i am really longing for some development in isratrance, that would give me the opportunity to interact and give a tribute to the things in isratrance that i love

btw, over there with the thanks giving to the labels...they are all beautiful but i got lost in one of them thanks a lot for that diamond...
http://forum.isratrance.com/dj-sets-go-here/10-106875/page73/
Hodi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Feb 17, 2013 04:24
facebook killed most websites on the internet. isratrance is one of them           u can find "Anything U Want" using the search...
Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Feb 17, 2013 19:07
I believe it out-died itself. When there's no innovation and new ideas brought to the table things usually die out.

There are plenty of other big communities out there in other genres of music that are alive and kicking.

It's a matter of priority and let's face it. This community has not been very active in the "engine room" for a long long time.

I believe that is the explanation rather than blaming social medias.
          www.beatagency.dk
vector_0
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Feb 17, 2013 22:20
psytrance is indeed waning in popularity, i think. i mean, honestly it hasn't changed all that much in 10 years. how long can a person really stay interested in listening to trance during their free time?

the psychill/psybient/whatever sound, however, is making a noticeable gain in popularity, at least here in the USA. I honestly never would have guessed that it would get this popular. the only problem is, psytrancers throw way better parties than the crunchy hippie crews that are sponsoring psychill events.

i think a great solution would be if promoters were putting more effort into finding more substantial and interesting bands/producers/etc to play during the day and just rock the psytrance all night. As it currently stands, the psytrancers treat all other music as an afterthought, and the hippies don't know how to party all night. its a damn shame none of them ever combine their efforts
          http://soundcloud.com/rob-vector
Upavas
Upavas

Started Topics :  150
Posted : Feb 19, 2013 22:59
I am getting more into Psybient these days, will be interesting when I play it in this years opening set @ Alluvium...           Upavas - Here And Now (Sangoma Rec.) new EP out Oct.29th, get it here:
http://timecode.bandcamp.com
http://upavas.com
http://soundcloud.com/upavas-1/
AumShantiAum
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Feb 20, 2013 22:53
i see a lot of ppl correlating the inactivity of the forum with the decline of the popularity in psytrance.

correlation is not causation. facebook is the reason for the decline of the forums, all the parties are posted there now. it doesnt have anything to do with the decline in the popularity of psytrance.

and so many people here seem to think that psytrance is dying. wtf the major euro festivals seem bigger than ever, thousands and thousands of ppl. goa is pretty fucking full power, ive seen so many invites for parties there this season. psytrance is not dying, if anything its getting more popular. maybe there is less genuinely psychedelic psytrance nowadays and a lot of shit music categorized under psytrance, but the good stuff is still out there, just need to sort thru the shit to get it. psytrance is not dying.

positive036

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Feb 21, 2013 12:01

I've been thinking the same thing. There's a decline in sales for years now, but that's what been happening in the mainstream music also, and maybe it's affecting this scene much harder but, when you go to any of the mayor festivals in Europe like Boom, Ozora, Antaris, that decline is not visible. This kind of media like internet forums, are not such source of informations as they used to be, and in that way they are loosing battle with social media.
Again, this is just my personal opinion, and I really think that we (users) can keep this forum alive, but smtg got to be done or changed to prevent further dying or whatever.
dick hardman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Feb 21, 2013 19:15
Topic is Isratrance is dead. My thoughts:
Isratrance is not as well known as it used to be.
Some may have heard of it, but not been interested in the forum aspect.
Some may not be interested because the name (implies it's israeli trance-centric).
Some may not be interested in bantering about the music etc, and just love the parties. I know lots of people like this.

Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Isratrance is dead.....
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance