Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Isratrance is dead.....
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Isratrance is dead.....

waveshapist
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Dec 3, 2012 10:23
Who do you think is trolling? I don't think anybody is trolling.

I think it would be a great loss for the Psy Trance community, if IsraTrance disappeared... I think it is super easy, to transfer this to drupal, with the exception of the two things I mentioned... and the two things that would make it slightly difficult, "theme, database," are not anywhere near impossibly difficult..

I have been using drupal since version 4. We are now at 8. If anybody is interested just give a shout..

but I am not trolling, and I have no idea what Vermeee is talking about.. For all I know, he isn't even talking about me.. but his comment seems to be after my post.. so..

Quote:

On 2012-12-03 08:25, Vermeee wrote:
dont feed the trolls

The speed past light..
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Started Topics :  187
Posted : Dec 3, 2012 13:53
The "Production, Music Making & DJing" forum is very active and has some great threads on anything from production tips, to gear demos/reviews.

I like the old blue theme, it sets it apart from facebook and the like. A few users on here that have some good stuff to share and chat about.

The rest of the forum has been dead to me for a long time.           
http://soundcloud.com/martianarts
AumShantiAum
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Dec 5, 2012 01:38
Quote:

On 2012-12-03 10:23, waveshapist wrote:
Who do you think is trolling? I don't think anybody is trolling.

I think it would be a great loss for the Psy Trance community, if IsraTrance disappeared... I think it is super easy, to transfer this to drupal, with the exception of the two things I mentioned... and the two things that would make it slightly difficult, "theme, database," are not anywhere near impossibly difficult..

I have been using drupal since version 4. We are now at 8. If anybody is interested just give a shout..

but I am not trolling, and I have no idea what Vermeee is talking about.. For all I know, he isn't even talking about me.. but his comment seems to be after my post.. so..

Quote:

On 2012-12-03 08:25, Vermeee wrote:
dont feed the trolls

would it really be that easy? I mean just integrating a few features so some isratrance posts could be seen on facebook? I am sure if just posts for the events could pop up on facebook or something then the forum would attract many people back and start new discussions. I really think it should be done. This forum was for me, and many others worldwide, one of the most important resources. I was able to connect to my local psy scene because of it and I have made some of my best friends here, not just on the internet but in real life. We should not let it die and I say if any of you have the technical skills needed to give this forum a chance in the post facebook era, and are passionate enough about it, then you should come forward and help make it a reality.

moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Dec 5, 2012 02:05
Quote:

On 2012-12-05 01:38, AumShantiAum wrote:
I was able to connect to my local psy scene because of it and I have made some of my best friends here, not just on the internet but in real life. We should not let it die and I say if any of you have the technical skills needed to give this forum a chance in the post facebook era, and are passionate enough about it, then you should come forward and help make it a reality.

very inspiring. you've put it really nice.
i would love to add my voice to that one.

on the other side, facebook is to huge amount of people not the issue that makes one passionate about.
furthermore, it is not even the reason, why i stopped attending the forum for a while, for example...facebook has never been a personal issue in my life that i would like to be a part of...i just think, that the scene in general has been quite rarely attended by most visitors in isratrance who are not professionally engaged with trance. thats why they come here rarely these days.

but it has never been a better moment and a greater chance to make a nice targeted platform for professional use out of this forum.
waveshapist
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Dec 5, 2012 08:27
Quote:

would it really be that easy? I mean just integrating a few features so some isratrance posts could be seen on facebook?

Integrating features onto the current framework? No. That would not be, "all that easy."

Archiving this forum, so that all the threads remain intact, so that the look and features of this area remain intact, and then building a 2.0 version, of this community on a drupal framework. That would be easy.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MRwlZ.png[/IMG]

This is naked. This is just an example. Its just a state. It would be easy to do, but it would be a huge project. I can help select this totally amazing Omega Theme, but I would need help from a CSS artist, to design the look and feel.

By myself, I could build the entire forum, and install all the needed integration, like the social networking apps that would allow you to, "sign in with open id, or twitter. Link your twitter, link your facebook, create a use profile etc, etc.

Aside from the help I would need about, "the look, and the feel." Which I am 90% sure, with an Omega Sub Theme, can be done using only CSS. I would definitely need database help. Transfering user names, and passwords, to the 2.0 version.

Obviously, setting up a sub domain on isratrance.com is pretty easy.. on a sub like, archive1997.isratrance.com you could archive the current forum.

THan on isratrance.com, you could have your hompage.. and a link to the forum that would be built using the drupal framwork. you would no longer need the sub domain for the 2.0 forum...

I worked all day, and I still have some other work I need to do tonight. I only made a few of the containers, and sub forums.. just to show an example.. Perhaps I will bump this thread again tomorrow night.. With another image or two           The speed past light..
waveshapist
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Dec 5, 2012 08:31
Everybody read what drupal is, and what it does: http://drupal.org/

Look at the way the drupal community forum it setup: http://drupal.org/forum

Glance at Omega Theme Project: http://omega.developmentgeeks.com/

Look at a site that uses the Omega Theme: http://www.drupalcommerce.org/

I know what I am talking about.. I started using drupal to host websites for my music in 2006? Its been six years already? That I hobby with drupal.. omfg, time is flying fast           The speed past light..
Colin OOOD
OOOD/Voice of Cod

Started Topics :  95
Posted : Dec 5, 2012 13:33
Sounds like a great idea to me. Wish i was a CSS wizard.           Mastering - http://mastering.OOOD.net :: www.is.gd/mastering
OOOD 5th album 'You Think You Are' - www.is.gd/tobuyoood :: www.OOOD.net
www.facebook.com/OOOD.music :: www.soundcloud.com/oood
Contact for bookings/mastering - colin@oood.net
AumShantiAum
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Dec 6, 2012 03:02
Quote:

On 2012-12-05 08:27, waveshapist wrote:
Quote:

would it really be that easy? I mean just integrating a few features so some isratrance posts could be seen on facebook?

Integrating features onto the current framework? No. That would not be, "all that easy."

Archiving this forum, so that all the threads remain intact, so that the look and features of this area remain intact, and then building a 2.0 version, of this community on a drupal framework. That would be easy.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MRwlZ.png[/IMG]

This is naked. This is just an example. Its just a state. It would be easy to do, but it would be a huge project. I can help select this totally amazing Omega Theme, but I would need help from a CSS artist, to design the look and feel.

By myself, I could build the entire forum, and install all the needed integration, like the social networking apps that would allow you to, "sign in with open id, or twitter. Link your twitter, link your facebook, create a use profile etc, etc.

Aside from the help I would need about, "the look, and the feel." Which I am 90% sure, with an Omega Sub Theme, can be done using only CSS. I would definitely need database help. Transfering user names, and passwords, to the 2.0 version.

Obviously, setting up a sub domain on isratrance.com is pretty easy.. on a sub like, archive1997.isratrance.com you could archive the current forum.

THan on isratrance.com, you could have your hompage.. and a link to the forum that would be built using the drupal framwork. you would no longer need the sub domain for the 2.0 forum...

I worked all day, and I still have some other work I need to do tonight. I only made a few of the containers, and sub forums.. just to show an example.. Perhaps I will bump this thread again tomorrow night.. With another image or two

kickass man, thanks for spending the time on this. so now maybe some moderators or ppl who are in charge of the site can come forward and tell us if it would be possible to do this?

Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Dec 6, 2012 09:08
Mods don't have the time or backend access to do this right now. I would suggest not waiting for isratrance and push this forward independently. Focus on creating a production and promotion forum maybe? Integrate into facebook, pull the traffic back.

That being said, the one thing that could kill the forum is bad modernization (nothing to do with what you're working on waveshaper) but have seen too much effort put into redesign that has not worked. I had started a forum called indiatrance.com. It was all CSS based, completely embed capable, rating, rankings. Everything everyone on isratrance was asking for at the time. It didn't work because facebook was taking over. I had to let go of the URL a couple of years ago.

Let this old horse remain. I personally like the look and feel of the classic blue.

waveshapist
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Dec 6, 2012 10:20
I think they want to stay a memory of something they did, when they were younger. A mystery, of a time when psychedelic music was good.

Somebody has the keys, and is paying the bill, and will not come forward to existence. That is ok

I also love this old forum. I would like to see it revived to its old glory, but even a modernization would be no guaranty of that. A modernization could just as easily be the final nail.

I have no plans to build a music production forum of my own.

I post here from time to time, and read more than I post. I can be found easily, if needed; though I am none too worried about the past, or future, or present.

"As old as you are," thats what I would say.

Strange, crazy world that we live in.           The speed past light..
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Dec 6, 2012 11:41
The world is certainly strange, probably why we prefer the anonymity of isratrance to facebook. Notice how psytrancers never use their real names on facebook either?

Best things people can do at this point is to stick around and get more people to join I think.

The one thing the forum really really really needs is control of the freaking spambots at the registration level.
Login
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  65
Posted : Dec 6, 2012 19:54
          "The dedication to repetition — the search for nirvana in a single held tone or an endlessly cycling rhythm — is one of electronic music's noblest gestures."
vector_0
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Dec 8, 2012 03:30
Quote:

On 2012-12-06 19:54, Login wrote:

change the search from "psy trance" to just plain "music" if you want to feel even worse.

then try "Music, Movies"
          http://soundcloud.com/rob-vector
fruitopia

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Dec 10, 2012 11:24
Quote:

On 2012-11-29 04:39, Anyer wrote:
not death...just going underground...

yeah it almost reaches the magma..! anyway, my opinion is that except the music production section (which stupidly i don't visit much so far) and some other maybe, i guess people need to feel free to express what they think without restrictions by site's owners. In generic conversations like in trance section for example, where a lot of times people express their view of the world, their hopes, dreams and more of their deep thoughts probably they would need to feel that are surrounded by friends or kinda like minded people, or at least by those who are open to something different maybe. So, with narrow range of topics the flow is easily stabilized as we see, after all how many times we have to discuss the same things again and again? and for ome who may believe that psytrance in general is dead, no. not in my eyes.
Anyer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  46
Posted : Dec 12, 2012 00:28
Quote:

On 2012-12-10 11:24, fruitopia wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-11-29 04:39, Anyer wrote:
not death...just going underground...

yeah it almost reaches the magma..!

HAHAHAHAH <3           DJ of Sourcecode
www.sourcecode.nu
A&R from Horns and Hoofs Entertainment
www.Hornsandhoofs.com
https://soundcloud.com/anyer_quantum
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Isratrance is dead.....
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance