Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Isratrance is dead.....
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Isratrance is dead.....

exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : Nov 29, 2012 05:30
Quote:

On 2012-11-29 04:39, Anyer wrote:
not death...just going underground...

Nothing is underground anymore .. either dead or commercial. like someone said as dead as psytrance. 1 in ten releases has something to cheer about .. neo goa is still doing well. Isratrance was never aligned to goa and the inactivity here is a testament to the decline in the fanbase of psytrance.

Facebook is good for promotion and stuff but can never lead to any meaningful discussion.

wonder whats the way forward from here?

missing plug-in
TimeTraveller
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Nov 29, 2012 05:40
I don*t think it's because of facebook, I guess you are too often in facebook that period has reached it peak long ago aswell.. I think the collective interest for psytrance has lessen a bit or blame it more on electro,dubstep,house etc.
The production forum is a goldmine would be a pity if it disappears someday.           https://soundcloud.com/shivagarden
Login
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  65
Posted : Nov 29, 2012 05:56
Maybe the forum is way too big and feel totally unpopulated when there is some bits here and there.

"The dedication to repetition — the search for nirvana in a single held tone or an endlessly cycling rhythm — is one of electronic music's noblest gestures."
jmp

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Nov 29, 2012 06:10
Quote:

On 2012-11-29 04:41, Login wrote:
Yep, it seems all kind of forums are been hitting hard by facebook, but also by reddit which is the real replacement. Maybe we should make a subreddit on isra.

This sounds like a good idea to me. Seems to be a decent amount of activity on /r/psytrance.
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Nov 29, 2012 09:13
Before ten years organisers couldnt advertise their events online anywhere else apart psy forums like Isratrance or sites like Chaishop. Now they just press the invite button on facebook.

Before ten years people couldnt direct reach their favorite artists and tell them whatever they wished to tell them, most of the artists didnt even have a personal page so most people just visited Isratrance and messaged them through the personal message system or chatted with them in public topics. Now you just type your favorite artists name on facebook, add him as a friend and just message him or just tell him how much you love him on his fan page or group.

Before ten years the only way to communicate and get to know people from other countries interested in psy trance was to register in a forum, see which people you were interested in and just exchange messages with them or add each other on MSN Messenger. Some others also joined small rooms in IRC network. Now with everyone having hundreds of friends in facebook (with photos and videos and not just a strange nickname like in the old days) every time of the day you just log in and you can choose with whom to chat.

Everything that goes up eventually falls down sooner or later, Isratrance could stay up more time by adopting to the change of times and technology but the creators of this place are long gone and the rest of us oldtimers either didnt try hard to change this place or just couldnt change this place for many reasons. I mean even the main site hasnt changed for more than ten years and very few things have changed in the forum and not always for the better in my humble opinion.

Isratrance started as a small family / community thing, it once grew very big and control got lost very fast and instead of spending our energy to improving this website we mostly spend time on moderating and posting silly things in silly conversations.

I really miss those old days back in 1998-1999 (in the old forum) when i would post a negative review about the new track of Sandman and Sandman himself would tell me how stupid i was and then a lot of artists and label managers (even Simon Posford himself) would defend my opinion or aggree with Sandman about me being an idiot for not liking that track (today even i aggree with Sandman.....).

THANK YOU for everything little blue forum.......           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Perma Fry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Nov 29, 2012 13:14
More than 90 % of the forum is in-active.

There is little or no interest in the blue room anymore. From my own gang of friends who discovered this place in 1999, I am the only user left on site. The rest are alive but never here.

No I do not agree that psy-trance is dead, but I agree that soon this forum will cease to exist whenever the site subscription expires. Inability to adapt to a changing environment even caused dinosaurs to go extinct!

J
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  193
Posted : Nov 29, 2012 15:07
Quote:

On 2012-11-29 09:13, DETOX wrote:
Isratrance started as a small family / community thing, it once grew very big and control got lost very fast and instead of spending our energy to improving this website we mostly spend time on moderating and posting silly things in silly conversations.

True. Had tons of fun here. Still do.
Quote:

I really miss those old days back in 1998-1999 (in the old forum) when i would post a negative review about the new track of Sandman and Sandman himself would tell me how stupid i was and then a lot of artists and label managers (even Simon Posford himself) would defend my opinion or aggree with Sandman about me being an idiot for not liking that track (today even i aggree with Sandman.....).

THANK YOU for everything little blue forum.......

You're an idiot, I confess...
vector_0
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Nov 29, 2012 22:18
sad indeed. my hometown rave forum also just went belly-up. I'm not on facebook, so this essentially renders me "out of the loop." i guess its not a huge deal...i mainly come here out of habit and don't really go to many trance parties anymore.

still though, i really like isratrance. met a lot of amazing people through this board and found some great parties too.

i definitely don't think psytrance is done, but music forums sure are. we're all old.           http://soundcloud.com/rob-vector
bearpill
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Dec 1, 2012 22:09
Yes bring back the original website "trip".
waveshapist
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Dec 2, 2012 08:56
The Nord NL 2x is has also been, "discontinued." As well as many of the older, cooler vst plugins.

Goa Trance, Psy Trance, Epic trance, and Euphoric Trance have all been perverted by the incessant farting of Dubstep.

Real trance, just like real rock, jazz, and opera, have all been Gangnum Styled.

Brave new world!           The speed past light..
orange
Fat Data

Started Topics :  154
Posted : Dec 2, 2012 11:33
this forum needs to be smaller and more efficient just keep the sections that are still active and implement all the social paraphernalia that are modern nowadays.

and a look change would also help.

but all this needs development and the developers are long gone.

a shame to be honest cos there are forums that are still super active.           http://www.landmark-recordings.com/
http://soundcloud.com/kymamusic
AumShantiAum
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Dec 3, 2012 00:03
it would be nice if you can integrate some of facebook with it somehow, i think that would keep it alive. yes needs development, i wonder if any active user with these skills would do it for us

waveshapist
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Dec 3, 2012 01:32
Quote:

On 2012-12-03 00:03, AumShantiAum wrote:
it would be nice if you can integrate some of facebook with it somehow, i think that would keep it alive. yes needs development, i wonder if any active user with these skills would do it for us

The big problems:

1. The database.

2. The theming.

However: An Isratrance forum, built out of drupal, and completely tied in with facebook, and twitter, and whatever other social networks, "with all the current forums, sub forums," would not be so difficult to duplicate.

However, to reiterate: transferring the database, and all thread information, + the theme would be difficult.

To go into it a little further though, "the theme, makes transferring the database look easy. There are many Drupal base themes, that allow you to dress them up, using only CSS, and they also provide excellent, "2012," updated mobile support.

http://drupal.org/

And a theme like this, could totally be adapted: http://drupal.org/project/omega           The speed past light..
waveshapist
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Dec 3, 2012 01:37
If somebody knows a little Drupal, and a little CMS. Why don't you send me a private message.

I know drupal.. Pretty ok:

If you can not find me here so often, you can join the forum here: http://renoise.com

My name on forum.renoise.com is: 2 daze j

( so just send me a PM there. if you need to )

If we are interested about hosting costs, and such like that, than I am sure a, "wikipedia style," funding drive would work!

Database skills? We need somebody with amazing database skills to transfer the database to the drupal build. My guess is that this database is: some old, old, old mysql.

I do not think we should let isratrance die!!

** Edit = oh and btw, twitters entire site, is based on drupal. its heavily modified now, with a lot of proprietary coding, but twitter was started using only drupal which is open souce.
          The speed past light..
Vermeee
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  108
Posted : Dec 3, 2012 08:25
dont feed the trolls

http://soundcloud.com/bgos
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Isratrance is dead.....
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance