Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Insomnia Records : Alien Mental - Mind Hack (Nov. 2007) INO1CD010
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Insomnia Records : Alien Mental - Mind Hack (Nov. 2007) INO1CD010

Namaha Recs
Namaha Recs

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jan 15, 2008 06:03
Quote:
Bedouin and he performs the hyperdrive xlr8r at usa psy parties

xlr8r rocks! such a powerful source of energy for space exploration!

mind hack rocks as well!

bOM!
Abhi           xOo<Namaha Recs>oOxOo<Quantum Frog>oOx
www.namaharecords.com | www.quantumfrog.com
~* SURYA NAMAHA 2 *~
jowy333

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jan 16, 2008 00:51
I know Rajat is correct in his response, states of mind are VERY important when comes to listening to music. So important that im sure when you open your audio engineering book (mix and master book) like u hav one right..hehe youll find that they suggest to never listen to music after consuming alcohol or any other psychoactive chemicals...high amounts of caffeine were mentioned so its not like u have to take acid or something to have an altered perception on the music.
So me and a friend (also studies engineering) blazed an American spliff (dank bud + shake) of some amazing fire that had a taste and smell u wouldnt believe and we got righteously baked.
First i wanted to put on a track i thoroughly enjoyed. I put on a very nice kdd+ss track that i aquired a few weeks ago right around the time this album came out. We both agreed this track was fully sick and had a beautiful mix with plenty of space and little noticable clashing between the elements. Wonderful eq and levels. the frequencies he was hitting and the sound texture was amazing. the panning was also pretty smooth and made everything gel alot nicer.
Then we listened to some alien mental tracks and both agreed that the style of it was similar and my friend (who doesnt happen to listen to much psytrance BUT is a fan of kdd/osom/jelly etc) mentioned that "kindzadza seems to be a much better producer" and i realized that this album doesnt vibe with me not just because its not as good as kindzadza (i mean hes popular for a reason) but it was because the style of this music is so similar in style to those of some of the most accomplished producer(s) in darkpsy that it not only gives me a familiar nostalgic feeling of a style that i truely love and keeps my interest in it sparked but it seems hard for me not to directly compare with the best in darkpsy which is exactly what my friend did.
I do though think that it is good music and appreciate that hes doing things the hard way. I will certainly listen to the music in the future and always keep my eyes and ears pealed to see what is to come from Alien Mental.
Also i think Yidam is correct in that Alien Mental sounds like he could be a great ambient producer, the atmosphere is above and beyond "good" in this album especially in the intro.

blablablabla

spacelove
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jan 18, 2008 09:08
its still so experimental i mean we can break about 3 samplez on all the east coast ans still sound mental at 2 o clock in the afternoon.

and refreshingly self explanatory you dont need the pitch bend

dark dj
MIK3L
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Jan 19, 2008 00:27
great album! i like : 10,7,9,2 ...waiting for more
DanskAz

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 19, 2008 13:47
Hey amigos!
ok, im waiting to say my words about this album quiet long time.
my Romance with alien menatel began on Forgotten Ritual fest,with litlle vibes of acid in the deep night, i found myself in a purpele wierd world out of space with alot of aliens and space ships running all over. a whole world of psychdalic tunes wich can take u wherever u feel like SUBCONCHES subCOnCHes!

Then i was waiting fot the album to be realised and harry to buy, i got this amazing cd cover by Insomnia and was qurious to listen after some nice splif )).

from beging to end, Full of smart pads changing all the time, Smart Envelops open and closed and lead with real real psychdelaic shapes, The famous Snaers of La wich kick ur face, Kick and Bass change all the time gentely and in the rigt way, and The main leads ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh unbelivable leads with the best LFO rate with best sound dig into ur brain smoothly .

two days later the sounds from the first listning couldnt get out of my head , repet and repet!!!!!

LA! all the best u dude, ur album make the thing it should make for me, and i love the sound and well done compresion and mastering, and i cant even imagne how long u sat in front of the computer!!!! Waiting to see u man BBBBOOOOOOMMMMZZZ zzZzzz
AstRoMetriX
Astrometrix

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Feb 8, 2008 14:58
well...
so i got the cd and pressed play..
after 2 minutes i understood that this is going to be one hell of a ride...

when the cd finished i just played it again...for 3 days!

what can i say?
no words!

the best album of the year!

i felt like all my trips in my life came crashing down on my poor deranged little mind...what crazy visions really takes me back to the good old days when things were more...psychedelic!

thank you Alien Mental for this amazing pleasure!!!

for sure will add great colors to every party!
cant wait to catch u play...

i do wonder as for how long it took him to make this noise...

reminds me of old koxbox-cryptic krunch, the old shakta and double dragon...but with an alien 23rd century approach...
of course the usual osom\cosmo influence but most of all :

its an AliEn MeNtAL!!

killer!
          http://www.myspace.com/astrometrix
AstRoMetriX
Astrometrix

Posted : Feb 9, 2008 11:49
oopps my mistake...
i meant Hux Flux-cryptik crunch...not KoxBox!
i always get them mixed up...           http://www.myspace.com/astrometrix
NIKTHEQUICK

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Feb 11, 2008 13:57
masterpiece of psychedelia....

@filterhead......it was not an excuse for bad music but too intense tripping....this man brings you on the edge of your conscioussness....some people are ready and ride with it.....some cant take for long and pause....some run away....you prob shit in your pants in front of soo many crazy things coming at you.....ahahahahhaha

@ who thinks he sounds as kdd....
inspiration yes.....very different sounds and track story....also!!....otherwise we would say all parvati producers are all the same.......same as GOW!!??....not true......similar sounds but very different stories all together....!!!
btw i think kdd tracks are more similar between them than alien mental's (now getting very repetitive)....imho!!
osom is more closely related.....but then again i didnt see many artist going in this direction...and for me that is the ultimate tripping music.....for prodcuers aiming at fast twisted music the "method of comparison" to see the quality level you produced...should be this...!!

i think this different style (on the same lines of top artists (actually jelly & osom=best)) creates a powerful mix of psy-fi story telling (ex jelly) and fast brain reformulation (osom)....with a hint of atmosphere and ambiance that explains the alien setting....
love the concept also......

what more do you want??.....

bholenath
Karash
Karash

Started Topics :  49
Posted : Feb 12, 2008 11:47
Yep, this album is a jewels for me!!!!
Really psychedelic album..

JUST GREAT!           Nia KOR
netz_00

Posted : Feb 12, 2008 11:51
hihi nice one þ ý<lalith

Waiting for cheKing mor stuuf jump jump

boooM shakalaka bro .... netz
anam

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Feb 28, 2008 22:21
well said nico
bombOle!
Fria Tantrumm

Posted : Mar 2, 2008 14:13
This album is a prime example of non conformative, extremely psychedelic and unique music.
Very proud of LA and waiting for more and more.           **************************************
Fractal Cowboys : Post Singularity COMING SOON :)
Orestis : Recursice Consciousness OUT
Psykovsky: Na Ve Ka is OUT!
The Journey Man Project
Inactive User

Started Topics :  128
Posted : Mar 2, 2008 15:05
yup nice album... not sure about the second track, kinda annoys me and seem to be a filler... but the rest is just one massive trip!           --- Love In Light, Dance In Darkness ---

My CD's - www.discogs.com/collection?user=liquidcream
Kormaduerg

Posted : Mar 2, 2008 18:26

gotta be one of the most intelligent works till date in this scene

extreme stimulation of the thought process-es

bOM frm bombay
jasi

SHICHT
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Apr 14, 2008 14:34
must say i liesten to it n ow again after couple of beers ..
manb this labum takessssss me now other place !!!!!!
what a psychedelci man is LA !!!!!
all the best amazing cd so much power so glad i listen orignal copy ppl u must buy this stuff orignal its just other quallty !!

bom

***follow the old faith and stay high***
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Insomnia Records : Alien Mental - Mind Hack (Nov. 2007) INO1CD010
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance