Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Insomnia Records : Alien Mental - Mind Hack (Nov. 2007) INO1CD010
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Insomnia Records : Alien Mental - Mind Hack (Nov. 2007) INO1CD010

Fragletrollet
Fragletrollet

Started Topics :  111
Posted : Jan 3, 2008 12:25
Atleast I now do know who I want to write a review on my future album Great rerview zmandman          http://www.myspace.com/fragletrollet
http://www.myspace.com/unknowncausesound
http://www.fragletrollet.com/
Mad Purple State
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Jan 5, 2008 21:52
This Alien knows the true Art of Hacking.

Before I received my copy, I had already read Zmandan's review and the battle that was going on on this topic wether the music does justice to this fucking brilliant review <blasting review dood > so to be honest I opened the CD book with no expectations at all.

The truth is - This sound is better than zmandans review... It might be the closest intepretation of what signals AM is trying to send... but music with so much soul doesnt have a written language.

There is nothing that has been spared in this album. State of the Art Production... Entire album has a flow to it ... a story to tell... Lots of Alien Sounds... Tons of Mental Khish Phish that your brain would just crave to absorrrbbb.

At first when I heard the first 3 tracks... I didnt understand what you'll meant when you said you dont get this album in the first hearing. But as I reached 6th track... It was all understood. This album has soooo much depth to it, even after years if this CD ever goes into the player...

AM is gonna slip deep into the labyrinth of your minds... and will hack all that it finds.

8/10

Wish you the very best on your future projects... Dont eva look back.

-Mad
          No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness...
Saikozaurus
Saikozaurus

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jan 7, 2008 00:18
Very very very deep! . Architechtors of Galaxy. Boom!           http://soundcloud.com/saikozaurus
http://www.myspace.com/saikozaurus
bookings: saikozaurus@gmail.com
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jan 10, 2008 03:55
Glad that some people understand this music at least : )

Fantastic album!

Keep them coming

BooM

ps - waitingg for SonIK SciZzoR & JibBeR jaBbeR..will be just as special i am sure
anam

Posted : Jan 11, 2008 17:51
thanks zmandan for the review..brilliant..

Ankur..totally agree with u..

first time i realized that it was special was in forgotten ritual..remember clearly looots of people ran away from the dancefloor..
his sound goes deep into the consciousness, and i know it's not that easy to listen..

absolutely underground and revolutionary.

it's pretty hard to find a solo album like this one..

bombOle!
omnamahshivaya!
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Jan 11, 2008 19:17
the ambient work on this album is brilliant... sucked me into the listening experience to the point where it overwhelmed everything else.

only one listen till now.. lots left to explore. the album itself is a dancefloor mayhem machine...impeccable flow... moves and feels like a live performance. definitely pushing the evolution of the west coast underground sound.

its a shame that his next step is sonik scizzor dhoom-break-dhoom. the atmospheric ideas are just screaming "downtempo!"

Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 12, 2008 01:27
Quote:

On 2008-01-11 17:51, anam wrote:
first time i realized that it was special was in forgotten ritual..remember clearly looots of people ran away from the dancefloor..
his sound goes deep into the consciousness, and i know it's not that easy to listen..

Hehe yes very valid point This album can be quite an intense experience for the brain when traveling in space The samples brutally expose your insides making you feel vulnerable at times. I think this is one of the reasons why some people may not particularly enjoy the vibe of Mind Hack - the title speaks for itself : )

But for me this is real psychedelic music. Something that puts the mind outside its real comfort zone & creates a challenge. Musicians that break barriers & boundaries certainly rank highly in my books Alien Mental is no exception

Kick ass muzika!

BooM
mind distortion system
Mind Distortion System

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jan 12, 2008 02:21
one of the best deep galactic alien sound i have listen at long time.

it's not that is't easy to listen i think even some people will never never understand this music.

for me killer album
i class it on one of the best BRAIN released 2007
          Sound Sampler: http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/2016811
filterhead

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 12, 2008 12:13
n 2008-01-11 17:51, anam wrote:

hahaha
what an excuse for bad music
so what people dance to at the forgotten ritual wasnt psychedelic enough.

this album is random average stuff

Bad album , Bad Cover Period
Addictive Elements
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jan 13, 2008 08:14
Whom Should i beleieve now ?
Its like theres a 50:50 opinion here           ----- Hippies...they wanna save the earth....but all they ever do is smoke pot ----
Mad Purple State
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Jan 13, 2008 12:22
Quote:

On 2008-01-13 08:14, Addictive Elements wrote:
Whom Should i beleieve now ?
Its like theres a 50:50 opinion here

I think u should believe a alien... they have seen much in this universe... while us earth beings sit here counting stars           No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness...
anam

Posted : Jan 14, 2008 20:12
zmandan..exactly

filterhead..nice sarcasm but..what r u talking about?
i didn't say that music in forgotten ritual wasn't psychedelic enough..

Addictive Elements..take a liste..carefully..

bombOle!
jowy333

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jan 14, 2008 22:26
hahah what a funny thread. i thot the album was well made, good engineering and nice basslines, nice atmospheres.
I do have to agree with filterhead that the album did come off random.. I liked the cover tho the lead saws on the album felt a little too rough for me and they didnt seem like the creator put a great deal of care into them.. and all the tracks had this same sort of feeling to them except that last tracks.
At first i thot i must be missing something when i heard rajat talking like its the greatest thing since sliced bread than listened again. hmmm not doing much for me...maybe im not special enuf i thot (haha). then i listened one more time thinking maybe this time i will magically like it.... nope lol then i read this review and think "surely i must be missing something" go bak and listen and nothing. just that same commercial darkpsy sound ive heard many times.
in the structure of it all it kept reminding me of kindzadza. it has this classic darkpsy structure consisting of deep dark bassline, ambience and backround fx, lead saw and percussion. I felt like this artist considering his aggressive darkpsy style could muster up a few tricks in his production but the most i get is some pitch shifted kick rolls and the crazy killer tracks at the end. Also when i listen to the new kindzadza (not waves from innerspace) it is on a level beyond this so i really wasnt sure what to think.

I guess i was looking for something more than this but i might just not be 1337 enuf. i really just dont see what rajat sees. i would have never been able to write that love poem about this album ) i feel like ive given it so much of a chance i felt it nessisary to share my results in this long post on it. I find this music interesting and thats why i gave it alot of time and chance but i guess its just not enough for me.

So i summed it up to....I respect the music but i just dont think this music is for me. But i will continue to listen to Alien Mental in the future because i feel maybe it has potential and some day i might love it.

Also i think maybe he should change his name because the real Alien Mental is an alien transported into a human body and his named Bedouin and he performs the hyperdrive xlr8r at usa psy parties )

dont take life too seriously folks, if it is all just a joke then theres nothing to worry about

Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 14, 2008 23:11
I think people are just listening to this album too sober, or they are not alien or mental enough hehe come on light one up & give another shot homeboy jowy

Its interesting because on the whole people seem to having a love-hate relationship with this album...opinions have generally been extreme

The complex layer work makes it easy to miss out on the hidden details in this album which is what impressed me in the first place. Listen to it when travelling in alien galaxies & maybe you will see whats special in this work of art

Mind bending psychedelia

Enjoy & BooM
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 14, 2008 23:12
Quote:

On 2008-01-11 19:17, Yidam wrote:

its a shame that his next step is sonik scizzor dhoom-break-dhoom.

Yidam ji dont fret, Jibber Jabber & Freaks United surprises cooking as well I know it will blast our panties into a different dimension

BooM
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Insomnia Records : Alien Mental - Mind Hack (Nov. 2007) INO1CD010
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance