Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Infected Mushroom - B.P. Empire (BNE 2001)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Infected Mushroom - B.P. Empire (BNE 2001)

Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Feb 19, 2006 20:41
1 Never Ever Land
2 Unbalanced (Baby Killer Remix)
3 Spaniard
4 B.P. Empire
5 Funchameleon
6 Tasty Mushroom
7 Noise Maker
8 P.G.M
9 Dancing With Kadafi

A classic here, although a bit overlooked in my opinion.
When one thinks about IM's golden era the 2 first albums usually pop in the head, but this one is a really worthy effort as well. This album was released several moments before Duvdev discovered the microphone and it's their last truely genius album.
The album kicks with 3 complex and twisted tunes with the typical Infected progression. At some moments it reminds me with the complexity Simon Posford's Lone Deranger album.
The intensity level raises track by track and it explodes with the 4th track that might sound very simple and straightforward from the first listen but the impression is wrong. I also advise to check the slower remix of that tune on the BP Empire EP that was released earlier. The pressure releaved afterwards with more airy tunes. Very untypical Infected tunes with more emphasize on pads and the atmosphere. The album ends with one of the best IM tunes and perhaps the tune that lead to the other side of IM in their follow up Converting Vegetarians album. Dancing With Kadafi is clean, ever changing, happy, sad and brilliant for most part track that lasts very short 10 and a half minutes.
Essential!
9/10
          Everyone in the world is doing something without me
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Feb 19, 2006 22:27
I have all Infected albums and this is one of their best.
B.P. Empire grows in an unusual way, the hit hats are really fierce. All tracks have their moments, impressive tunes here.

Surely one great album, but behind The Gathering and Classic Mushroom IHMO.
Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Feb 19, 2006 23:14
This albums is a sonic legend for me and the only one that I can give it: 10/10. This album is perfect. I still remember the day I saw it at the store. it was on the shelf - unexpectedly. On that day I heard it 3-4 times and i thought to myself- this is what Trance is all about. Every track is different. the atmosphere is dark and toxic. Until this day I cant tell that I heard in my life something better - many come close; but no one is like b.p. empire.

I am a b.p. Vampire that wants to drink until the last minute every little sound of it.

Again - this is what Trance is all about!
Internal classics- endless flame!
this is the way I want to remember Infected - this is INFECTED!

-=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Feb 19, 2006 23:56
Their best album in my opinion. Enough said.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Mr.Hanky
Ace Ventura

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Feb 20, 2006 01:10
Quote:

On 2006-02-19 20:41, Pavel wrote:
This album was released several moments before Duvdev discovered the microphone

hehe thats not entirely true,he does have a go at a few places,i recall some duvdevation in SPANIARD,although no real words indeed

Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Feb 20, 2006 01:22
even b4 on "Infected Rock".           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Nobita
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Feb 20, 2006 01:45
Really a tasty album, perhaps my favourite from Infected. Special mentions to Never Ever Land, Unbalanced, Funchameleon and the masterpiece Dancing With Kadafi... if only they made more tracks like that last one.           Row row row your boats gently down the stream; merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream.
Ray Zed

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Feb 20, 2006 04:04
best infected album imo. i only wish all their music could sound like this. the entire album is flawless and is truly psychedelic. this was also the first psytrance i had ever listened to and first psy cd i bought
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Feb 20, 2006 09:48
Dont forget to listen to the single "B.P Empire". The Deep mix is a masterpiece and very smooth.
"Roll Us A Gient" is one of Infecteds finest tracks ever.

Love the visual art from the B.P Empire age. Both single and album.
PsyUNIT
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Feb 20, 2006 10:11
I have played "Dancing with Gadafi" for so many people, most of them who have never heard Psy but I have yet to meet a person who did not like it. IM's best work to date & maybe the best Psy Track ever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Travel, without moving.
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Feb 20, 2006 11:11
Quote:

On 2006-02-20 01:45, Demezriel wrote:
Really a tasty album, perhaps my favourite from Infected. Special mentions to Never Ever Land, Unbalanced, Funchameleon and the masterpiece Dancing With Kadafi... if only they made more tracks like that last one.

Tha last b.p.empire track style they made was 'facing'.           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Feb 20, 2006 13:50
Quote:

On 2006-02-20 11:11, Nathan wrote:
Tha last b.p.empire track style they made was 'facing'.

True, and a beautiful track it is. Big lead upon the magical main theme, then *poff*. It's gone.

Isn't there any tracks exept "Facing" and "Roll Us A Gient" thats in the B.P Empire genre? .. Sounds wrong, I'm sure I got or have heard another "new" track in this style?

PS. I love DWK, but I'm very tierd of this track. And Streched just doesnt do it for me anymore. The Messanger is still rocking thou!
sure_smoke_alot
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Feb 21, 2006 07:43
i think 1 of the best tunes to start an album
& of course da best to end it

peace           the problem with valuing art is, till u dont understand it, it's worthless but wen u do understand it, it's priceless!!
dawn21682
Depths of Despair

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Feb 24, 2006 04:22
Im hardly the biggest expert of psy albums , but i have to say i totally agree with Pavel here , theres something magical about this album , i cant put my figner on it , but something just grabbed me from the first listen.
i really think this is an album you can sit and listen to and have a magical time

------------------------------------------
www.indepth1.com
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Feb 24, 2006 09:35
It's the most grown-up album made by Infected where "IM The Supervisor" is the most childish album.
(I think it's more "childish" the "The Other Side") It's to bad that it got bad critics when it came out. I think maybe the bad words scared IM of making more quality tracks. Maybe we should make a signature campagne to make them make another album with deep feelings like this =)

Anyone heard tracks from the new album?
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Infected Mushroom - B.P. Empire (BNE 2001)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance