Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - IL 06.12.2007 - 3rd candle with SON KITE!!! @ 3rd Empire urban rave culture set:004. Haoman17 T.A
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

IL 06.12.2007 - 3rd candle with SON KITE!!! @ 3rd Empire urban rave culture set:004. Haoman17 T.A

mark f.
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Dec 9, 2007 19:19
even that i got there late.....even that i miss son kite... THAT WAS KILLER EVENT!
had a lot of fun there!
YULI you rock! just amaizing set!!           BEAT CULTURE

http://www.myspace.com/markfmusic
pinkE
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  441
Posted : Dec 9, 2007 22:44
After many people who contacted me trying to tell me "how badly I reacted" I want to take this opportunity to clear up things:
First of all as far as I know this is a FORUM, thus giving the opportunity to EVERYONE to say whats on their mind regarding this scene, even if you don't like what they say. (about your friends in this matter)
Like any party/festival organizers there is a risk in any event that you do that you will loose money especially in the Trance scene, people risk themselves practically every time they make an illegal party (look at what happend in the Holy Rave festival when Asher Haviv tried to make his wonderful vision and recreate the magical time of Ganey Huga and failed big times).
So my democratic right in this forum is to make my personal opinion, I did not know I need to consult with the forum's operators for the proper way to say things.
This post was coming from a whole different approach of carrying about this scene and I have full respect for the 3rd empire crew for everything that they have done in the past, BUT I do believe that for this scene to improve then sometimes "bad" things should be said, so we can learn from this and not repeat this over again, which is a thing which is very much missing in this scene and in this forum in particular.
As for my free entry, well I didn't know that if I get it I have to say how cool and amazing the event was, like journalists get free cd's and have to make criticism about it - they are not and cannot be told what kind of review to write, this is free speech and democracy.
moreover, my post was under the title of this party thus means that everything I said was regarding this specific party and not all the former events that the 3rd empire crew did.
If indeed as you say Shachar that it is only a party at the Oman, then why did the flyer said specifically Urban Rave? as far as I know in a rave you are supposed to dance and not stand far away or in a different room just so you will have more space to be able to do so. The fact that it was at the Oman actually was hidden from the crowd until the last minute (a day before) and many of the people were apologizing for this because of the supposedly bad name of the club and the crowd that goes there (which is another issue of judging people from different scenes thinking that you are the best but this is a different issue which I do not wish to open up here). After the 3rd Empire have revealed this information then they immediately declared that this party will be something special and totally different and will change our perspective about this holiday, which I PERSONALLY didn't feel that this event was very different from other parties at a club other than the fact that there was good music (everyone that played) from the beginning till the end.
So yes Yuli I don't mind if the 3rd Empire will ban me from their parties with your suggestion to them, because if saying what you think and feel makes you being banned and spoken like this, than I don't want to attend any party of such a crew (I'm not blaming the 3rd empire for banning me just making a point) and this is just another demagoguery of people who think that everything should think or speak as they do.
I'm very sorry that this has gone to these directions but perhaps this will open up a new stage where people are not being judged for telling their own truth (which of course can be a totally different truth from others that attended this party). One of the things which I liked about this scene is the fact that I can be who ever I want and not being judged, I loved the freedom and the Raves anthem of PLUR Peace Love Unity and Respect.
I don't think that by making my opinion I do not respect the 3rd empire crew on the contrary, I'm doing this in the full intention of making the next party better and a better scene for us all. I would like to think that any opinion counts and that we can grow from each others different and diverse views... this is what this scene was all about (IMO).

So Shachar perhaps my truth is different from yours, but then again if there is only one truth than maybe all the people who say that the Trance scene is pure hedonistic and shallow culture are right? These are postmodern times and thus there is not one absolute truth, and making such a statement in this scene which is supposedly open minded and free spirited seems very out of place to me.

And again to clarify things, I really enjoy the music(and all the former events that I have attended of the 3rd empire crew), perhaps I didn't emphasized this in my post enough, the music was superb and I really liked your set Yuli.
          "Hypnoza" 106fm (TLV) - Sunday's @ 20:00
www.myspace.com/hypnozaradioshow106fm
Delusional Trippy voyage to space madness

"HAFIROT" 106fm (TLV) wednesday's @ 13:00
http://www.106fm.co.il/schedule/#program/50/
LETS GET DIG
pinkE
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  441
Posted : Dec 9, 2007 23:19
and in this opportunity I would like to mention a parallel scene - Free Party which for me symbolize the ideal rave meaning by making free parties for many years, artists who make and publish their music for free and perform for free, this is true underground IMO. you can see how they actually fight for their right to party in their march in Strasbourg after 1000 police officers beat up all the people that have attended the annual Chek Tek festival, which is for free of course a few dozens of thousands of people which led to the death of one man and many other have injured. they all had a huge demonstration in front of the EU head quarters in Strasbourg.
          "Hypnoza" 106fm (TLV) - Sunday's @ 20:00
www.myspace.com/hypnozaradioshow106fm
Delusional Trippy voyage to space madness

"HAFIROT" 106fm (TLV) wednesday's @ 13:00
http://www.106fm.co.il/schedule/#program/50/
LETS GET DIG
Dimits

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Dec 9, 2007 23:37
killer party...the music was a blast..echotec gave a nice warming set..then ace suprised me with a new live set..even better than the last one..very powerful and energetic set..son kite are a pure expirience with their violin..great music..then the master took over the business with livve set..and dj set..both were super as always..yuli u are the best..i must say i realy enjoyed borris set..great tunes to end this one...
came around 1:30 the place was too crowded..had no fun antil yuli's set when people started to get tired..was very hard for me to hear the best tunes that party can offer but with no possibility to express it through the body..but then it got better as i thought it would be..suddenly all the freindly empire tribe faces started to show up..fiannaly i felt at home..
hope next urban party somehow it will be less crowded ..
the ticket price was comfortable but the bar was too expensive..
as for the club..some say its the best one ..in my opinion day light was missing this year..i think that the kalif is a more suitable place to host this type of parties..
the huge empire dragon behind the dj stand was genius........
welll it was a great event ...thanx empire for doing it over and over again...see u all at the next one!
have a geart week
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Dec 10, 2007 06:17
So after a bit of nudge nudge I can write my own opinion about the party ( ofcourse I would mention I am biased, since I have played there and I am friend of the organizers, for all the sweet souls to know )

I came little late, around 03:00, Yoni was towards the end of his live set, and altho I know his music by heart, I am constantly surprised at its impact on the dancefloor, in this field these days he is second to none in my opinion. Son Kite delivered a truely live set, which makes me a little sad that they visit the holyland once a three / four years, the moment with FOCUS track was simply phenomenal. I enjoyed every minute of playing for the crowd in this event, I usually do hehe but this time the energies were very concentrated, and crowd response was outstanding, maybe because the sound system and the lighting that was very impressive. Borris closed gently with really cool music and around 09:30 it was time to call it a day.

The party was overcrowded!!! I spent most of my time in the DJ booth while not playing because getting there and forth was simply too difficult task. I would definitely seriously reduce the number of free tickets for next urban rave, and in this way keep more space for those that pay for the entry.

Apart of this, it was by far my best club experience for 2007 ( and might as well few years back ) as a performer.           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Dec 10, 2007 09:39
Quote:

On 2007-12-09 22:44, pinkE wrote:
After many people who contacted me trying to tell me "how badly I reacted" I want to take this opportunity to clear up things:
First of all as far as I know this is a FORUM, thus giving the opportunity to EVERYONE to say whats on their mind regarding this scene, even if you don't like what they say. (about your friends in this matter)
So my democratic right in this forum is to make my personal opinion, I did not know I need to consult with the forum's operators for the proper way to say things.

This is indeed a forum. You can say what you want and you don't need to consult anyone.
But this works both ways. People can react to what you said, and say what they feel about it, don't you agree?

Quote:

So Shachar perhaps my truth is different from yours, but then again if there is only one truth than maybe all the people who say that the Trance scene is pure hedonistic and shallow culture are right? These are postmodern times and thus there is not one absolute truth, and making such a statement in this scene which is supposedly open minded and free spirited seems very out of place to me.

If your truth is that the 3rd empire is "people riding on idealisic motto's for profit gaining", then yes, mine is very different than yours. And I felt I wanted to express it.

Everyone agrees that the place was overcrowded, it's the reason you attached to it, that bothered me, and I voiced my opinion.

Anyway, all that being said, I might say a few words about the party. You all probably know I don't like clubs, and that for me a real party is an outdoor one. So this was for me more meeting friends, listening to good music and an adventure in Tel-Aviv club life. I was satisfied on all fronts. Met a lot of friends and friendly empire faces, though it was very hard to communicate in an overcrowded loud club, so it wasn't as fun as it could have been. The music was very good. Seb opened with a nice chilled set to warm things up. Echotech played nice disco music. Ace is a true master at making the dancefloor happy. My highlights were the Son Kite live set, which was just so fresh, different and totally hypnotic and tribal. Hoping to dance to it outdoors at night soon. And Perfect Stranger live which came exactly at the right timing and expolded everything that was so packed up till then (musically and space-wise).

I must say that unlike the majority of people here, I didn't like the sound in the club. While it was the best I heard in a club in Israel (no big fit), it was too loud and overcrowded on the lows and mids and killed a lot of the highs and distorted the music.

The club itself is good as these go- it had air coming in, it wasn't too hot, and it was really beautifully decorated. I still prefer the califf because of the morning light.

All and all I had fun, an adventure it was, but I was more a spectator and listener then a trancer partying.
          ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

shaharfa

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Dec 10, 2007 10:26
I think it's time to reduce the hit in the oven now…

No doubt the music was excellent.
No doubt the peoples were great.
No doubt there were too many peoples…

But let's not fool ourselves; it was the URBAN RAVE and not The WINTER ADVENTCHRE so it was most likely that space and fresh air wouldn’t be the most common commodity in the party.

Due to that assumption I think the empire did tremendous job and they deserved to get all the compliments and even to earn some money (gods forbid).

By the way I totally agree with yuli concerning the free tickets. I was very surprised to find out that 2 friends of mine who never even heard about the empire before got tickets for free. It doesn't help to anyone I think.
Mr.Hanky
Ace Ventura

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Dec 10, 2007 11:25
Quote:

On 2007-12-10 10:26, shaharfa wrote:

By the way I totally agree with yuli concerning the free tickets. I was very surprised to find out that 2 friends of mine who never even heard about the empire before got tickets for free. It doesn't help to anyone I think.

afaik the oman 17 crew are responsible for most of the freebies in this party.

something on which the Empire crew has NO CONTROL in the end of the day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ace-Ventura/6139679270
www.myspace.com/aceiboga
http://iboga.dk/index.php?artistprofile=22
----------------------
gmpc

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Dec 10, 2007 11:37
Fuck the OMAN, Fuck the fact it was crowded..

The Empire potential is amazing! and i cant wait for a nature adventure!!

PURE.
MoSH
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Dec 10, 2007 12:47
Seems like everything has been said about this MASSIVE event...

The highlight of the rave were the Sweden guys with a fresh LIVE performance which I enjoyed very much!!!

Thank you Empire crew for this amazing rave.           ERA - www.myspace.com/errrrrra | www.myspace.com/gmosh
godzil
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Dec 10, 2007 13:26
[quote]
On 2007-12-10 09:39, shahar wrote:
Quote:

...Son Kite live set, which was just so fresh, different and totally hypnotic and tribal. Hoping to dance to it outdoors at night soon.

BOOM ON YOU, MAN! BOOM-BOOM-BOOM!           <<< TAKE A LOOK === THE FUTURE IS HERE === >>>
--------- http://www.myspace.com/godzil ---------
----------- http://godzilend.blogspot.com -----------
I.T.K(kk)

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Dec 10, 2007 16:09
Well...I just woke up from that weekend,
dammn it was a great one...
After this great progg night in the Oman the Full-On Party day after in the Kalif was so borring and I almost slept over there...

Even I, I that Dark music is in my blood, I enjoyed that night like it was my first day in heaven.

I have nothing else to say...Can't explain in simple words what a great night the 3rd Empire have done to me again.

Thank you 3rd Empire so fu@#$%^ mutch, Your the best.

*CHEERS*           I were automatic and as hollow as the "o" in god...
dolpha

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Dec 10, 2007 18:44
so0 now i think it's easy to understand

that " non-usually-imperial-crowd " that scars me a bit was Oman responsibility ,

the amazing sets was :Yuli , Ace Ventura , son-kite responsibility

and fu@$#@@&!!!! (sorry ) the fact that it was crowded was dr.Boris & crew responsibility

i sure that , it was the last time when i'm not typing woooooooowwww after 3rd empire event .

they did that year after year so good so they still the best ... )))))
( BTW 12nis for a bottle of water ???? WTF )

any way .........love you

HAG SAMEAH every body !!! HAG SAMEAH           I'm attract only LOVE
vio

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Dec 10, 2007 21:43
ho ho ho everybody!!

just love this diggin action shit!!
pinke shahar yuli
plur!!!!!!!!!
at least ur honest           Gitz
myspace.com/dinamitya
how can I stay turned on?
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Dec 13, 2007 20:58
Was mega fun to meet all the empire friends after a long abstinence from empire parties. The sound was mega excellent although a bit painful at some parts of the club and the music... Well Son Kite was a bit on the experimental side I guess and it was different which was cool so the winners for tonight were Ace with his fresh killers that prepared the crowd for the main dish and Yuli that managed to raise the bar even further after the decorated guests from Europe vacated the stage. Yuli, you are on the path to become "Neches Tzon ve Barzel". I shall talk with Shimon Peres regarding Pras Israel next year. I think you're a valid nominee.
Extra kudos for the guys that were responsible for the deco and the lightning. I'm glad I don't have epilepsy so I thoroughly enjoyed           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - IL 06.12.2007 - 3rd candle with SON KITE!!! @ 3rd Empire urban rave culture set:004. Haoman17 T.A
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance