Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Hujaboy - Cut the Power -=- TIP World June 2009

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Hujaboy - Cut the Power -=- TIP World June 2009

full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Jul 20, 2009 20:42:01
Hujaboy - Cut the Power -=- TIP World June 2009

Track list:
1. Where To? 8:15
2. Digitazaurus Trax 8:14
3. Little Bang 6:37
4. Cut the Power 7:06
5. MK Ultra 8:29
6. In this World 7:51
7. Wonder Sack 7:21
8. Love in Limbo 7:01
9. Supreme Beings 7:26
10. Eat the Future 8:52

Hujaboy’s new album caught me by surprise. I had no warning that it was about to be released, I should have paid better attention, for it was about time. After his incredible album Party Animals being released in 2006, it soon became one of the most played albums in the Brazilian scene, from big festivals to indoor events. The album was so good that its track Unreal quickly made its way to the sets of the most respected Brazilian DJs. A year and half later he released Black Belt, and as its predecessor, it was acclaimed as one of the most concise releases of 2007. Hujaboy had positioned himself between the most prestigious Israeli artists, touring the world and pleasing the psyheads with his music at the biggest festivals. Now, another year and half later it is time to Cut the Power, his most mature release and best album. Why? First because of its enormous potential as a DJ tool, most tracks are extremely effective on the dance floor while still having a twisted psychedelic edge. If you’re willing to dance your ass off I’m sure Huja’s live act is the one you’re looking for. Second, because the album is coherent, elaborated in a concise style, no cheese and no fillers. And finally, the production level is incredibly high, and the sparklingly clean mastering by Domestic (Ido Ophir) was perfect. A prominent characteristics of this album is the psychedelic sound games Hujaboy manage to execute with an impressive precision, making it sound natural. I feel like I should make a copy of my original copy to be able of playing all tracks one after the other at the parties. In short, in my book Cut the Power is the best psychedelic full on album released in the first half of 2009.

Once again Hujaboy delivers high quality music, establishing himself as the biggest name on TIP World right now. Up to now, the best full on release of the year. No excuses, go for it!

Favorite tracks:1(!), 2(!), 3, 6(!), 7, 8, 9(!), 10(!).

Get it here:
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=8004
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/tip/tip1cd701.html
http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=5030

Respect!
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
J
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  193
Posted : Jul 20, 2009 21:16
I loved it too.
Even better than The Antidote album, which was perfect as well.

Another huge success from Nir.
aXis
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Jul 21, 2009 08:14
i liked his live remixes betteer on beatport.
goaren
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posted : Jul 21, 2009 12:03
the album is good - but his live set is something else... pure energy and drive all thru his set (which is comprised mostly of this album ) and very psychedelic - love it
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Jul 21, 2009 20:43
i've signed in for the first time in a long time for one reason only: to write an extremely positively biased review about this album.
yep, not afraid to say it... mostly because its all true.
hujaboy's music is simply awesome.
nir manages to stay in tune with the current trend whilst keeping true to his agenda and what started and what will keep this scene and music going - acid!
the music is dripping, oozing, ever changing, flowing and other adverbs that describe acid.
the mastering by ido is a nice touch indeed, but i can tell you that i've heard drafts, and rough mixes of this material at various stages and domestics awesome sheen coating sounds this way because the raw product material is the way it is - golden.
the tracks vary and are at time minimal, technoish, melodic, and yet always having a common ground - driving a major pulse and designed to hurl the floor through the floor.
well done, "new acid" is whats this album is about.
"new acid" folks, yep, i've dare said it, a new genre in psy has been born.
onward huja - lead the way.
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Jul 22, 2009 20:35
OMG, even the dead raised from their tombs to praise this outstanding release!

New acid it is!
Respect!
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
DJAmanita
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Aug 6, 2009 23:45
This cd is just fantastic!
Fu Hsi
Perfect Stranger

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Aug 7, 2009 09:44
I didn't expect to enjoy much from this CD to tell you the truth. Its no secret that for a long time now, I am not really into the higher BPM music, except couple of "trance masters" that still "do that" to me, I am pretty much uninterested to hear what the genre offers. Nir is a friend and a colleague, that I know for probably a decade now, so I gave it a spin in the car, and it fucked my head pretty bad, in a good way.

This has the neurotic edge to it, and a very cool one. It comes from the sides when you don't expect it and tingle. This release is very fresh ( for me at least - please remember I have no clue about the genre in general ). Ofcourse in the end of the day, this release as well, was too fast for me after 8 tracks. But in most of the cases I would be finished after 2 the fact it held my attention and interest for all of its length for me is incredible.

Nir good luck, you know too well what you are doing in terms of mind fucking!
          http://perfectlystrange.com
cubalibra

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 8, 2009 17:40
This doesnt seem to top his Sonic Tonic album in my book..that was a classic..

I am just sad about the increasing similarity between techno and trance.. trance is losing its appeal to me with these new style..maybe people are out of new ideas..and thats sad..
Manda
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Aug 9, 2009 00:01
If u ask me Huja dropped his compass long time ago. But that just way it is...
          www.zenit-galaxy.com
https://soundcloud.com/djmanda
http://www.mixcloud.com/djmanda
www.soundcloud.com/zen-it-galaxy
www.facebook.com/m1ndmanif3sting
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Aug 22, 2009 09:24
My hebreview:
http://www.layla.co.il/ContentView/ContentView.aspx?cimid=151642&cid=116

-=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Ah-sid

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 22, 2009 10:06

when i first played this cd,it sounded good.i was in my civilian mode then.but wn i got into my alien mode and played it....it sounded bland or the Oomph factor was not there at all.but i think few traks better than black belt and party animals wich in my opinion was the biggest bucket of lard ive ever seen.........

looks like it time 4 hujaboy to have a taste of his own medicine---------sonic tonic. . . . .

rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Aug 25, 2009 02:04
First track is good, but then it seems to resort to the usual full on formulas.
Oh well.
I'm sure it's great at the festivals and party parties after the sun is up, trips worn off and everybody's greeting each other all happy and high fives and stuff.
stras

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 25, 2009 05:00
wow i like this release a lot of powerful non cheesy Psy,,,why not
bbgun

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 25, 2009 06:37
Napo, I heard an mp3 version after your review. This is cheesy man, no edge; not so impressed.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Hujaboy - Cut the Power -=- TIP World June 2009

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance