Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Hujaboy - Cut the Power -=- TIP World June 2009
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Hujaboy - Cut the Power -=- TIP World June 2009

DJAmanita
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Sep 1, 2009 21:33
Quote:

On 2009-08-25 06:37, bbgun wrote:
Napo, I heard an mp3 version after your review. This is cheesy man, no edge; not so impressed.

Mp3 eh? Sigh..

no accounting for tastes but over time this has grown stronger in my ears. I play a few of the tracks out every time I play out and these tracks are always moments of fire on the dance floor. But Honestly I think most of the psytrance I hear these days does not catch me at all, it is neither psychedelic, nor trance inducing. It is either boring and predictable (whats psychedelic about the same bassline for 9 years now), or it is harsh and metallic and without musicality or soul.

This cd is something different. If you like different then give it a listen. I do not think it will disappoint you.

I know dance floors in the US eat this sound right up.

and the Cut the Power Remix by LOUD that I heard when Kobi was in town is really nice.

Nice work!
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Sep 1, 2009 23:53
Quote:

Napo, I heard an mp3 version after your review. This is cheesy man, no edge; not so impressed.

Could you please give me a couple of 2009 examples of full on on the same BPM range which has some "edge"?

I'm following the full on scene, if you didn't like this one or The Antidote or the Principles of Flight (which has a very different approach from this one) you probably won't enjoy the vast majority of the full on these days. Of course, it is a matter of taste, and you can always say Delirious Noon or Ozmali or some others, and I can even agree in some aspects, though I think Huja's work is more mature and up to now this is still the best 2009 full on album for me.
Respect!
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
tjaal
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Sep 2, 2009 02:38
the album is not bad, and i agree it has some good points. but to be honest nowadays i dont even bother to listen to this kind of stuff

maybe its not about "following the full-on scene", but taste. i like full-on but for my taste theres been quite some years that full-on passes faaaar from stuff like tip/hommega, and this israeli school

would be difficult to give you better full-on albums, just because thats not the way i think. i dont like to think in full-on as a closed genre, but more as a "influence" that you can find in so many different places.
you even gave a nice example, Furious making some kick-ass stuff as Delirious Noon, wich i think way more refreshing and experimental

tjaal
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Sep 2, 2009 04:51

and Ozmali is a mix of different psychedelic stuff. if you are going to add him then you would have to add many many other things
bbgun

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 2, 2009 05:55
Quote:

On 2009-09-01 23:53, full_on wrote:
Quote:

Could you please give me a couple of 2009 examples of full on on the same BPM range which has some "edge"?

I'm following the full on scene, if you didn't like this one or The Antidote or the Principles of Flight (which has a very different approach from this one) you probably won't enjoy the vast majority of the full on these days. Of course, it is a matter of taste, and you can always say Delirious Noon or Ozmali or some others, and I can even agree in some aspects, though I think Huja's work is more mature and up to now this is still the best 2009 full on album for me.
Respect!

Unfortunately I can't give you any 2009 examples of full on with edge my friend. The last full-on track with edge I can remember is "Quake" on the Domestic album and before that some Inneractions, Absolum etc. from 2005 and before. I don't listen to this style usually but I thought I'd check it out in any case
Edward X

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 16, 2009 01:04

I think when we hear this album we realize that once again we are witnessing a fusion of genres of electronic music.

In my opinion the end result in this case is very pleasant.

Either way it seems to be a sound more suitable for indoor. Is the way how i fill it

eran m

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Sep 16, 2009 16:10
great album
rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Sep 17, 2009 01:06
Quote:

On 2009-09-16 01:04, Edward X wrote:

I think when we hear this album we realize that once again we are witnessing a fusion of genres of electronic music.

I am failing to see any fusion of genres here. Seems more like solidifying an already established genre.

Edward X

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 17, 2009 18:30
Well, in my point of view I think Nir introduces elements of Minimal and Techno into their sound. It`s normal for me that an Artist wants to create new sounds.

Aniway he knows how to meeting them intelligently.
The end result is a good album. Just my opinion

J.D. Jason

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Sep 19, 2009 22:09
Great one
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Sep 19, 2009 22:32

Quote:

examples of full on

Ozmali

Sorry for the offtopic, but I couldn't resist being an ass and point out your flaw =P Ozmali, FullOn?? You got to be kidding me. There is nothing full-on'ish about the Ozmali album ( http://www.discogs.com/Ozmali-Forest-Fusion/release/1799905 )Nada. For a person having a name and a passion for Full-On psychedelic trance music (and non psy Full-On), you sure make a lot of errors when it comes to labeling stuff Full-On. I'm aware different folks, different countries have different aspects of what Full-On means. I can to some extent agree that Prometheus makes FullOn, though I try hard to avoid this term together with an artist like that, only when speaking English with Englishmen does it sort of feel Ok because of their way of using the term Full-On. 'Thats Full-On dude = That got some driving powers'.
Delerious Noon is for sure pure psytrance with a Full-On drive, I guess. And IMO Domestic and Absolum go pretty well with the sound of Hujaboy. But I could be sort of wrong here...

I haven’t heard this album which this thread is about so I shouldn't open my mouth too much, but I'm sure the edge in Hujaboy's music is there, but it really depends on ones view of 'Edgy'. A lot of edge can be perceived in its subliminal construction and trix. Hujaboy for me is a clever producer with a soft yet powerful touch. His skillz exceeds one’s craving for edgy music; it can be beyond that concept of something in your face.

Point is, Ozmali is not even close to be described as being something Full-On, unless you’re saying it’s Full On in its forest frequencies. That those emotions and rides are Full On, but then again, I’m not an Englishman. I’m hoping to publish my review of the Forest Fusion album by Ozmali soon.

TIP World / Nir, send me a copy of the CD and I’ll write a review of it

Btw. Why hasn't anyone added this new Hujaboy release to Discogs.com ?

Quote:

Could you please give me a couple of 2009 examples of full on (on the same BPM range) which has some "edge"?

Sorry again for going waay off the topic, these are some of the 'Full-On' releases of 2009 that I own with, um, an edge:

http://www.discogs.com/Phonic-Request-Skulls-Bones/release/1820094 got a lot of edge, but I'm not a huge fan.

http://www.discogs.com/Sabretooth-Sabretooth-2/release/1691070 donno about the edge, but it's for sure edgy and has some powers worth checking out!

http://www.discogs.com/Wicked-Wires-Magnetic-Memoirs/release/1756805 Edgy as hell, but just as crappy, imho

http://www.discogs.com/Goe-Alien-Breeze/release/1854982 edgy for those who love empty braincells with loads of coke and X. Shit release with nice production and powerboom's that may impress.

pea(e
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Sep 20, 2009 20:52
I think you got me wrong, I never wanted to label the music or bind it to a genre. My point was that people searching for "edge" in the full on genre will eventually end up searching it elsewhere, like in Ozmali or Delirious Noon.

About the stuff you mentioned, I already heard all of them, and even though some of them have some good moments, IMHO none of them are as complete, solid and well finished as the present Hujaboy album, who manages to deliver quality and effectiveness in an stagnated genre (full on). Comparing music sometimes is complicated, I'm calling it full on without the intention to label it, as Nir probably would prefer call his music "New Acid".

Anyways, I'm sorry if I offended anyone or if I cause misunderstandings, the bottom line is: listen to the music and reach your own conclusions, I did that and I don't regret.
Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Sep 20, 2009 21:48
You’re a wise person and you cleared out all of my misunderstandings! I have to say, I was pretty drunk when I wrote my post so the apology is mine to deliver. I agree on what you write, and New Acid sounds Fat. hehe all of this chatting is making me rEAl curious about this albums sound! ..and thirsty + hungry.

Good wishes to all,

jan-erik
rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 22, 2009 20:16
Actually there's some tracks here that are really good!
And I'm glad cos I like Nir's early work and can hear some of those great qualities in this release.
Nice evolution of his talent and creativity.

rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 23, 2009 19:36
Just learned Nir will be playing at our Halloween Freakshow! Looking forward to hearing this on a big ass system outdoors.

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Hujaboy - Cut the Power -=- TIP World June 2009
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance