Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Hujaboy: Black Belt (TIP.WORLD Oct, 2007)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Hujaboy: Black Belt (TIP.WORLD Oct, 2007)

Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Oct 26, 2007 00:38
It is no secret that Nir is my good friend. the following review is biased. it is however in no way promotional and in no way uncritical. I'm into Hujaboy's music and feel i had to state the previous in order to make this analyis worthwhile.
Hujaboy is Nir Shoshani, now out with his 4th Album and 2nd on TIP Records, needs little introduction... there is plenty of originality and innovation here, so lets get to it:

1. Dessert Sun - is the opening track, it explains in a nutshell the new direction Hujaboy has taken. At 130 BPM this track is is extremely groovy. Although, not built for the dance floor, it is perfect at its position on the CD to get one in the mix of things.
2. Holes in the Sky - continuing the gradual ease in, this track has an amusing circusy feel to it. It reminds me of 'Party Animals' the track... but this time the direction is lighter and not as creepy. I must say i knew an earlier version of this track which i liked alot more. Yet having said that, this is still a groovy track by all means.
3. Premium Delirium - Now we are cooking on all burners. a full on track ala Huj. Stressy rolling bass, smashing kick and spacey sounds. this is a powerful dancefloor track, full of mystery and energy. minimalistic and driving, this is a great one!
4. Acid Revival - moving down in bpm doesnt mean we are moving down in psychedelia. at 140 bpm the title suits the name perfectly. an electro full on melange of sounds fils the auditory spectrum with a cool mix of whats forward and back. one of my favorites for certain!
5. Black Belt - Cleanlyness is the key here. the title track provides another dancelfloor oriented, mysterious track. having a similar build to track #3, BB takes you on a mental journey as well as a physical one. the break before the finale is wonderful to watch on the floor in action.
6. In the Village (BH Mix) - taken from the previous album, this edit of In the Village is special. i'm not sure everyone noticed, but it must be noted... the entire track is in reverse. most of the original track sounds have been changed in direction and the result is super strange and entertaining. the production is fat and lush and the result is another dancefloor hit.
7. The Game - slows us down a bit with a progressive build, i must that although this is one of the grooviest tracks here, i did not connect with it that much. i like the sample from the movie 'Revolver',very cool.
8. Double Mcpsy Extra Acid - an extremely original track that reminds me of Koxbox early stuff. Mcpsy moves along with a really groovy bassline and lots of action around that does not relent.
9. Here they come - another one from the new Hujaboy style, this is definately my favorite track on the album. the feel is electro, but the drive is full force. i especially like the story of the track, the development and the middle 'part c', works wonders!

Conclusion: I must say that this cd is paving a new style in trance. future music in unique way is what makes this album so interesting. all tracks are extremely groovy, this must be noted. the percussions are extremely good, as they blend the world of minimal techno/electro into the psytrance world. the tracks are expressive and rich in sounds. by that i mean that Hujaboy's posses the abilty to create a great atmosphere with the emphasis on both forward and back sounds.
a must album for anyone who enjoys psychedelic music!
favs - 3,4!,5,6,8!,9!

http://saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=6857
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/tip/tip1cd053.html
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Flip Records
Flip Records

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Oct 26, 2007 14:34
cool music, good luck..           V/A FLIP IT - BY VORTEC - OUT NOW!!!
http://www.flip-crew.com/
Flip Records
impulsia

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 27, 2007 18:08
Very very Good Album
orel_insomnia
Insomnia

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Oct 27, 2007 23:49
killer music love the work its a real psychedelic feeling wish you all the best and good luck!!!!!!!!

orel_G shapira
insomnia_orel@hotmail.com
http://myspace.com/insomniatomorel
Nastia

Posted : Oct 28, 2007 17:25
Hujaboy's Black Belt is absolutely amazinggggg the more i listen to it the more i fall in love with it. Thing is, i like the *commercial stuff* that is - what ppl on this site call commercial, but honestly i think I just hadn't heard good 'non-commercial stuff' Bring it on Nir, can't wait for 1st December London gig !
Lucas Aly
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Oct 29, 2007 21:05
thank god he decided doing good music again!

great album, some really original tunes on those tracks...!

we are one.
Misha(Overlap)
Neogen / Overlap

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Oct 30, 2007 09:57
great album Nir! Pure quality psy stuff.           Planet Ben Records
InsoMnia__tOm
Insomnia

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Oct 31, 2007 00:36
Black Belt is really excellent album like trance need to be man ..

i very like this album

killer production and kiiiler sound well done Hujaboy all the best from INsomnia ..

http://myspace.com/insomniatomorel
J
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  193
Posted : Oct 31, 2007 01:08
Quote:

On 2007-10-26 00:38, Surrender wrote:
6. In the Village (BH Mix)

is there any connection with my lovely hometown BH aka Belo Horizonte??
I think so.

Anyways it's a solid release.
I also agree with Lucas Aly. Once again we are hearing a good side of Hujaboy.

Regards!
assaf
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Oct 31, 2007 18:52
wow! what an album. im not in to full on but this is something else. behind the known formula theres a psychedelic side full of stories and some very impressive sounds. great album and great production, will break the dance floor.
good one tip!
Stregone
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Nov 4, 2007 08:22
I really dig a lot this release, quite refreshing music

My fav are 8 & 9

Boom
mechanix
mechanix

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Nov 6, 2007 14:25
strong album!very powerfull soundsand grooves,the production is fat and good!!!
realy liked all the tracks there but my fav are acid revivel,black belt&in the village rmx.
Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : Nov 12, 2007 16:01
Takes me some time to digest it, but i can point out Desert Sun, Acid Revival, The Game and Double McPsy as my favorite ones. Hujaboy has his own recognizable style; Very Psychedelic and driving, varied effects & sounds, it and works great on the dance floor as we could see in the last season
vaio

Posted : Nov 16, 2007 10:54
great album indeed
I like the fact that he have his own style
and a very good production!
my fav 1&8
keep up the good work!!!
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Nov 22, 2007 06:28
Nice album, my favorites are Double Mcpsy Extra Acid, Acid Revival, and Here they Come. I have to listen more, but up to now I think his last album is as good as this one (both are good).

Nice samples on "Here they come", anyone knows its source?

This is a tight release, a real showcase of Hujaman's stuff. Well done!

Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Hujaboy: Black Belt (TIP.WORLD Oct, 2007)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance