Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Festivals Promotions - Honu Eclipse 2010 > Easter Island - Rapa Nui > Total Solar Eclipse Festival
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Honu Eclipse 2010 > Easter Island - Rapa Nui > Total Solar Eclipse Festival

jds

Started Topics :  8
Posted : May 27, 2009 02:36
And so it begins...

Turkey is in the middle of the most accessible continent on the planet.

Easter Island is here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Easter+Island&ll=-27.581177,-110.061035&sll=-55.063477,-74.267578&spn=4.064941,5.350342&sspn=16.259766,21.401367&t=k&hl=en

I'm sorry but I don't understand your point at all.

jds

Posted : May 27, 2009 04:28
Actually I do understand your post. You're venting. That's cool. I rant all the time. But still, there is no point to it. It won't change anything.

I doubt it is humanly possible to create a festival at this location for this event for less money. I encourage everyone to try to organize their own festival if they think they could do a better job. I appreciate the hard work of the people who are willing to try the impossible in the face of all the challenges. I would not have the courage to even begin thinking of the resources required to pull off this event. It boggles my mind. My head hurts even trying to think about it.

This sort of issue comes up a lot. It might be a good idea to have a money forum or thread somewhere on Isratrance. Money is a weird taboo subject. Especially among trancers as we would prefer to live in a world where everything is free and we all live in a utopia of peace and harmony. We can try. We can all do our part on a day to day basis to spread love and understanding but in the end, if we want to participate in events, we need money. It sucks, but that is the reality and decision we are faced with.

Maybe it would help to have a place where people can discuss methods of saving money, share tips for avoiding unnecessary expenses, and trade advice for traveling cheap? Perhaps organizers would even start posting in this area offering volunteer work positions at events to help subsidize the ticket price for people who want to do some work while they are there. We are all a community. If we find ways to be positive and create solutions instead of just complaining, there are limitless possibilities to how we can all help each other.
alber7o hofmann

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 27, 2009 18:06
dear jds,

thank u very much 4 the quick reply as well as 4 sharing ur point of view, which, as everything, is ur point of view, and a proper one 2!!!
allow me then 2 further develop my own view:
indeed it has begin and think it didn't begin well cause in ur previous site, i get the idea that party ticket+flight from chile 2 the location could b something around 500 euros ... now that the site is improved i can't anymore confirm the idea, if was correct or if i misunderstood it ...
probably i did misunderstood !!!
anyway i know that many organizers use the pre-sale to boost their funds in order 2 start the organization when they haven't the chance 2 b sponsored or when those funds r short ... it's fine with me, however can't understand why the 500 usd ticket can only b achieved until 1st august, why is not till 1st january 500 usd, and 1st february 600 usd, and so on, and so on? like that ppl could now match the 100 usd reservation, have some time 2 book the flight from chile, which i think is going 2 b the expensive part of this journey, and then later in the year or beginning of next could finalize the ticket purchase .... anyway and as was well said, nothing is going 2 change ... speaking still over the expensive part of this journey i would like 2 ask u what means that we must b flexible? does it mean that we must travel there like 2 weeks b4 the festival and get back 2 weeks after? or is just a nice word 4 let us know that the so called 750 usd can change 2 more, a little more or much more? and again is spoken that there will b a previous party (solstice) and a later party (mayan calender), which is nice if ppl wanna b there around 5 weeks however where ppl can stay in between? under the sun and the moon? that is 4 sure cool, but is that really possible or ppl have 2 book hotel also 4 those days in between? and what about the ticket 4 those party's? is included in the honu-festival or what? and what about possible volunteer work as was so well expressed? that can really b a great way of subsidize the ticket and speaking 4 myself work is good 4 the soul and makes the body strong!!! and as my way of making money is work, i really would like 2 have more info over, here or on the honu-site doesn't mater but maybe i can only reach that part on tribe, 4 which i must at least spent 100 usd ... man, not everybody as the money enough 4 such kind of things (now i'm venting) like me, but the festival deserve 2 b great and i also wanna feel the same ... even so 2 spent money just like that without knowing what kind of music we r going 2 listen scares me some what, and specially after what is happening with the japan eclipse festival this year, where no one knows who is who, with the exception of the japanese, of course so, why not some names already? (besides COSM included in the artistic direction) since u r already in contact with the labels, we could start 2 have some idea, no? anyway i did my research and i know that this organization is a solid one, with a great vibe and doesn't speak the same language as those so called 'indigo kids', there4 i know that who decides 2 go will have a fantastic time, maybe the best in his life, and after back home, everyone is going 2 say that was 1 of the best things they decided 2 do ever ... i wish u all the luck, work, dedication and fun that u deserve and i know how hard it's going 2 b or maybe i should say, it's already being hard, nevertheless the results will b superb and that's the POINT ... and again my warmest congratulations 4 having the guts 2 build something like this, in the middle of nowhere, like ur google-link can inform the ones that live on the moon and think that eastern-island is another fairy-tale like santa clauss ... no, it's not, is just the most isolated island in our planet

love love
peace&light

ps.: and i wish 2 wish me that i might b present in this incredible event, that i have the health and the luck enough 2 work hard to accomplish this goal and that in the end we all b happy like lucy in the sky with diamonds

ps2.: and i apologize if i'm making 2 much direct question 2 u, cause i really don't know what is ur involvement with this organization, but after ur post(s) what can i think?

jds

Posted : May 27, 2009 20:36
Hey man, cool discussion. I have no involvement with Dreamvibe, I just felt it worth talking about.

When I first heard about the party I knew that a lot of people were going to get excited about it, and then when they found out about the price (which I knew was obviously going to be very high), they would all start yelling at the organizers. I think the price is fair. It is very very expensive but I know that it is very very expensive to create a festival in this location during this event.

The price is actually the cheapest way to see the eclipse on Easter Island (and you get a whole festival with our music and dancing on top of it, regardless of what DJs come). Look into other eclipse tours and packages and hotel prices. Those prices are insane, we are very lucky Dreamvibe is doing this. I started saving for this and making sacrifices to my normal expenses over a year ago because I thought there would not be a festival and I wanted to try to get out to Easter Island on my own.

I like your point about the advance ticket sales though. Overall, it is a good policy that most festivals offer cheaper advance tickets and it works out good for everyone. But ya, you make a good point, they are increasing the price pretty quickly. If they were able to spread out the time of ticket price increase more between now and the festival it would be very helpful for everyone (especially considering that between now and then people will also be trying to spread the high cost of travel).

You have a lot of other good questions also:
- what is the cost for the before and after gatherings?
- is camping included in the cost of the before and after gatherings?
- is there anywhere to camp between gatherings?
- are there any suggestions of places to stay or camp before, between, and after all the gatherings?
- any volunteer discounts?

You might want to try to make a new post here that really clearly states just your questions and ideas so if the organizers scan this thread here they might have a better chance of seeing them.

I'm not in a position to influence the organizers but I felt like posting my opinion that "just complaining doesn't solve anything" because I feel that ideas and questions like yours are more positive and a better way of trying to create change than just complaining. I'll try to post your ideas and questions on the website forum in your name. Offering good ideas and feedback like that can influence organizations. But sometimes those good ideas get lost if they are surrounded by noisy emotional complaints.

But complaining is human nature. I do it all the time also. Sorry if I singled you out. I was just trying to shift the conversation to a productive direction.

It's funny that you mention Turkey, because in 2006, I did not plan ahead and didn't realize how amazing of a summer season it was going to be in Europe. By the time I realized it was too late. I couldn't take the time off from work. I had not saved money for the expensive plane ticket from west coast USA all the way to Europe. And I couldn't afford to waste my money against the strong Euro currency anyway. I complained a lot about the lucky Euros and their combined currency, and easy and cheap trains that get them everywhere to all the great festivals right in their backyards like Boom, Ozora, Fullmoon, and Soulclipse.

Hahaha. I was even worse years before when I couldn't find a way to get to Zambia or Australia for the 2001 and 2002 eclipses. But I used that energy to start using my money more wisely, stop wasting it (no more drinking or smoking, less partying), work harder, and save for things worth spending money on.
Btros
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : May 27, 2009 21:53
Just put down my deposit! I too, was a bit surprised when I saw the ticket prices, but just as jds said, if you think the festival is expensive, just take a look at the other tour options for Easter Island during the eclipse.
Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : Jun 7, 2009 21:37
I would love to play there! -licky licky-

bOm..           For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
kriz
Horrordelic Records

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Jun 11, 2009 11:07
its alot of money.. Who else have bought the ticket ? Im as always a little bit careful, this is a lot of money and more information is needed..            3o~ kriz aka krize 3o~ ....Horrordelic Records.... http://www.horrordelic.com
----------------------------
- Think for yourself -
http://www.goatrance.de/goabase/member/profile/lkkkaKhOQP
wolfklang

Posted : Jun 11, 2009 11:37
hi @all

i will b there, and i have a ticket.

see you at this fantastic location...

big greetz
kriz
Horrordelic Records

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Jun 11, 2009 13:35
you buy full ticket ? Or reserved and payed $100?            3o~ kriz aka krize 3o~ ....Horrordelic Records.... http://www.horrordelic.com
----------------------------
- Think for yourself -
http://www.goatrance.de/goabase/member/profile/lkkkaKhOQP
Adakt
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jun 12, 2009 19:44
Full Support to this event! i hope to be joining you under the eclipse, good luck to the crew and everyone behind this, its gonna be a wonderful experience for sure...

BOOOOM!!!
wolfklang

Posted : Jun 12, 2009 22:19
yes, bought full ticket

c u there
psichrono
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jun 13, 2009 20:37
The official promo video

oMcyLOm

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jun 14, 2009 09:35

^^^ great promo video           ~~Co-Creator of A Ritual~~
digitalphase

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jun 29, 2009 06:59
''wounderfull'' =]

off topic

what happen in easten island many years ago, should be a lesson for the people of today.
djon

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 5, 2009 02:18
wait to see more info!!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Festivals Promotions - Honu Eclipse 2010 > Easter Island - Rapa Nui > Total Solar Eclipse Festival
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Free Parking - Free Parking Chill Area - ChillOut Area VJ - VJ Deco - Deco Eco Friendly - Eco Friendly
Children Zone - Children Zone Workshops/Market - Workshops/Market Water Access - Water Access Transportation - Transportation Discounted Presale - Discounted Presale

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance