Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Festivals Promotions - Honu Eclipse 2010 > Easter Island - Rapa Nui > Total Solar Eclipse Festival
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Honu Eclipse 2010 > Easter Island - Rapa Nui > Total Solar Eclipse Festival

kriz
Horrordelic Records

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Jul 16, 2009 17:44
Im waiting for news regarding the lineup,onm 24 May they posted:

"We will releasing a few of the giants over the next few weeks, with multimedia interviews with the headhonchos of the various labels involved in the project. Ofcourse its going to be a very fine selection of the main artists from the supporting labels. Labels such as TIP World, Nano, Alchemy, Twisted, Neurobiotic, Interchill, Etnicanet, Planet BEN, amongst other."

But know a couple of weeks have gone and no info.. Only Fullon at this festival ?            3o~ kriz aka krize 3o~ ....Horrordelic Records.... http://www.horrordelic.com
----------------------------
- Think for yourself -
http://www.goatrance.de/goabase/member/profile/lkkkaKhOQP
djnanda

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 27, 2009 04:38
there are other debates about "Honu Eclipse" WE should be all aware of:

http://www.goatrance.de/goabase/party/meetingpoint/43647#539746
http://www.goatrance.de/goabase/forum_msg_view.php?nID=492941&nPos=0

x
Nanda
space loop

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jul 28, 2009 16:29
so, everything ok with Honu Eclipse or is it just a dream?
babag

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 28, 2009 17:50
i strongly believe so - meaning all is ok there and if honu -
just the 'usual' blackmailing.
and most of all i wish the best of luck to the organisers
and to all attending - this once in a lifetime experience!

sure it's expensive to get there from overseas - but in a free world, everybody is free in his decisions - hopefully.

- we bring you the taste of india -
www.mahamaya.ch
www.myspace.com/babag1
Jingabé
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Jul 30, 2009 13:35
Hi everybody,

I got very excited about this festival.
After taking notice of all the costs involved, my enthusiasm was turned down a bit, but I figure they are worth it just to experience a journey like this.

In any case, before spending € 3000 or so, and because I've read the messages here and on goatrance.de I've decided to check for my self all info available on the festival. For those who speak spanish I just want to say that you can find lots of news about this event on chilean press. Hope to have helped somehow.
Jingabé
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Jul 30, 2009 15:56
Quote:

On 2009-07-30 13:35, Jingabé wrote:
Hi everybody,

I got very excited about this festival.
After taking notice of all the costs involved, my enthusiasm was turned down a bit, but I figure they are worth it just to experience a journey like this.

In any case, before spending € 3000 or so, and because I've read the messages here and on goatrance.de I've decided to check for my self all info available on the festival. For those who speak spanish I just want to say that you can find lots of news about this event on chilean press. Hope to have helped somehow.

Folks, I've quoted myself because my previous post was a bit misleading. You can find some (not "lots" as I've said) of news on Chilean media about this event, along with other news about the island, it's sustainability, tourism, etc. You can also find statements from the org destined to the local people.

As an interested person on this event, I've decided to check the facts for myself, and make my own judgement.
Flict

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 31, 2009 20:27
Ok, I searched on the official website but didn't find any info about this... Did you see this:

http://www.rapanui.co.cl/eclipse-estafa.htm

It's in spanish. Here's the (bad) babelfish translation:

http://br.babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rapanui.co.cl%2Feclipse-estafa.htm&lp=es_en&btnTrUrl=Traduzir

Any official info? Is the party still happening?

Ambient explorations -> www.flictmusic.com
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Aug 5, 2009 00:44
Scam
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
psichrono
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  14
Posted : Aug 5, 2009 22:51
Official press release from the organisation concerning the sabotage campaign against the festival can be found here : Please take note of the official authorization link inside the document.

http://www.honueclipse.org/honueclipse_statement.pdf

The bad press is a reflection of this campaign. However you'll be glad to hear that the festival IS authorized on the island by the Rapa Nui Parliament. And everything continues to move forward.

This is not a scam. And the festival is very welcome on the island.

Gyuri

Posted : Aug 9, 2009 18:00
This festival sounds great, it really is a an experience of a lifetime, if it comes true. I understand the high ticket prices, it must be extraordinarily dear to create something like this. Especially in such a remote destination where the expected number of audience can in no way be very high. So you have a really low number of tickets possibly sold against the highest expenses a festival ever had in the history of trance. I actually find the ticket prices quite reasonable, given all the circumstances.

Not many people can afford it though. And those who can afford have jobs and don't have unlimited time to spend there. It's easy to say: take your time, but it's not easy to have that time. Here comes the main difficulty, i think. Today, on the 9th of August 2009, almost still a full year before the festival there are no more feasable flights. The latest available flight at the moment from anywhere to Easter Island leaves on the 23rd of June, that is 18 days before the eclipse, or one week before the opening of the campsite. And the earliest flight after the event leaves on the 21st of July. That is a timeframe of 28 days, that you have to spend on an island where, beside that is definitely magical, except for the festival there is not much to do.

All other flights are already booked out, once again: almost a year before the festival. Appearantly not only the trance community wants to see the eclipse. Probably the timeframe of available flights will just grow from now on, if things continue this way, people might have to get there even before June, just to wait for the festival. Then leave in August, or something.

And the festival ticket presale is just in its firs phase... so not a lot of people have it yet. If they find out the line up, and buy a ticket, they'll have to book a flight too. So the big rush for tickets and flights has not even started yet. Perhaps that time frame will grow to half year? Will the island be able to accommodate that many people for so long? And what will everybody do until they finally leave, on an island where there are no trees?

If you take such a journey, you might want to see other things on your way too, like you wouldn't miss some of Chile for instance, or even Tahiti if you come from the other way. Not just leave your country, fly two full days, spend time on Easter Island and fly two full days home. And this stopover would make the journey even longer then.

The only way to overcome this problem is if the organizers rent charter flights, and fly everybody in with them. That would make sense, and since the ticket prices are very high anyway (more or less the same as the flight costs from the nearest airport, which is 429 Euros) they could involve the whole thing in a package from Santiago or Tahiti to Rapa Nui. If it's a charter, the tickets could be probably cheaper than the regular flights, which would make it more affordable for everyone.

I am not one from the anti-crowd, and I hope for the success of this festival and that the ugly attacks against the it will not get anywhere. But i think, there is place for creative recommendations, since there is still a year to do things.

I hope to get there somehow. Maybe i'll swim.
Mauzeer

Posted : Aug 13, 2009 16:37
@Gyuri
excellent post mate. read my toughts in your post.
any word from fest crew? is it possibble to organize some charter flights for trancers??
ZENLINK
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Aug 14, 2009 18:02
anyone Greek thinking to join in festival?Send pm...Already booked air ticket with AF....
Of course is lifetime experience this trip.          "It occurred to me by intuition, and music was the driving force behind that intuition. My discovery was the result of musical perception".

Albert Einstein, speaking about his theory of relativity.

www.myspace.com/zenlink
Flict

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Aug 14, 2009 21:07
It's really a shame... I want to go so much!!! :-(           Ambient explorations -> www.flictmusic.com
oMcyLOm

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Aug 16, 2009 17:17

anyone from India or Middle East....???           ~~Co-Creator of A Ritual~~
Hellios

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 17, 2009 17:04
At last a festival only for rich trancers!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Festivals Promotions - Honu Eclipse 2010 > Easter Island - Rapa Nui > Total Solar Eclipse Festival
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Free Parking - Free Parking Chill Area - ChillOut Area VJ - VJ Deco - Deco Eco Friendly - Eco Friendly
Children Zone - Children Zone Workshops/Market - Workshops/Market Water Access - Water Access Transportation - Transportation Discounted Presale - Discounted Presale

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance