Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Haltya - Book Of Nature (Exogenic) 2008

Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Feb 6, 2008 18:38
Haltya - Book Of Nature (Exogenic) 2008

For this 3rd Haltya's album ''Book Of Nature'', Tommi Sirkiä, aka Justin Space, Pelinpala, has produced alone (without Jürgen Sachau, aka Outolintu, busy on his side with his solo debut album released in 2007).
Known as a Funkadelik & trancey act, Haltya delivers fresh, melodic, happy dancefloor music ; this new opus is nevertheless the opportunity of integrating a wider range of musical influences.
If you're fond of Haltya, you'll enjoy for sure the artwork which follows perfectly the style exposed since the first album made of forest elements with elves playing music more or less hidden in this nature.

Tracklisting:

1.Nature's Secret

2. Rainbow Funkster

3. Finny Funny Finished

4. Kawaii Bushido

5. Borboleta Purpura

6. Daisy Chain

7. Between the notes

8. Mean Green Monster Machine

9. Firecracker

10. Make it look like an accident

11. Fry

12. Mothership

13. Walking On Sunshine

Track 1 is just a quick spoken intro of the album, the music really starts with next track .

2 => We've got typical Funkadelik music here : bouncy, bracing with some funny sounds embellishing the whole & a nice deep purring bassline. The rhythmic is somehow sounding Tribal-Housey to me in a midtempo mode.

3 => We gain in speed now , still Funkadelik but with a robotic break from 3''00. The atmosphere is more shaking with a more classical rhythmic.

Track 4 is an experimental transition (which indeed announces a style evolution for the next song ).

5 => Borboleta Purpura is an alchemy of 2 main influences : Samba & Jazz, the whole packed with Suomi spirit. Concretely, the rhythmic is definitively Brazilian. The piano's melody is at first in Samba mode but the second time is Jazzy & finally comes back in its initial way. The bass resonates Jazzy all along. Remain a flood of tones which are common to Suomisound, . The result is unexpected but truly a success.

6 => I need to use my 'Jump o' meter' tool to measure the amplitude of the groove in Daisy Chain : Daisy my little froggie (represented in the top left on the cover of the album). According to Daisy wearing a big smile & climbing at the top of its ladder, all sounds very good . But beware the song could reveal also an aquatic & mischievous universe...

Like every 2 songs, now you understood that ... No... it's not the time to go pissing, at least not yet!
It's another sonic transition, weirder & longer than previous one & it's highly probable that the musical direction (clue) will evolve again.

8 => Orchestral opening for Mean Green Monster Machine, which doesn't constitutes not the more classical influenced production but the more psychedelic stuff of the album. Sometimes the orchestral pattern can occur again, in an impromptu way.

Question: Is there still a slice of Funk here?
Reflexion:...hum...
Answer: no slices of Funk as it was eaten by the Mean Green Monster Machine.

Indeed the atmosphere is like being inside a factory with an all robotized equipment & no single presence of human beings, you visit the different parts of the factory with different machines.

9 => We're keep going on Psychedelic but back in Suomisound & spirit. Firecracker is a short tune, very happy & raving. There's something of a Japanese video game musical thema, with peaceful, amusing sides & some rush/tense periods.

Do i really need to introduce this new transition track?
I will only mention a sample sound, which is normally famous to every Psytrance fans who respects himself, the grinding door, that our dear beloved GMS (Shrek tune) have contributed to its notoriety.

11 => Question (from the same person about T8) : It's 2 tracks without any Funk inside, how about this one?
Let's simply say about Make it look like an accident, it's the Funkadelic climax of this album, a fast vigorous, nervous tune with a catchy melody & an avalanche of tones under which you're tottering.

12 => We're going fatter now & the bassline is still nervous. There's a freak atmosphere starting with the break at 3'40 & progressing up to a strong level of musical rave standing. Hopefully the last 1''30 comes back to 'normal'.

13 => A fat production again, that i'd qualify Funky-Jazzy. I enjoy especially how Haltya proceeds here to escape from the break thanks to the creeping bass. The final apotheosis consists in a multi-layered melodic part, a thick one .

If you're already an Haltya's fan, this new album is for you without any restrictions.
For the others, if you're into melodic psychedelic music or have nothing against Funk & Suomisound:
Go,Go,Go, Try it,
Buy It,
Enjoy it!

Mark : 9/10
Recomended
          you can find easily all my psytrance & chill reviews on my blog at:
http://www.myspace.com/le_lotus_bleu
rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Feb 6, 2008 22:26
Waaaa! when will this be available?! Can't wait to get my hands on this! The clips on their myspace sound great!

Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 6, 2008 22:57
it's scheduled for the 13th february.           you can find easily all my psytrance & chill reviews on my blog at:
mk47
Inactive User

Started Topics :  118
Posted : Feb 7, 2008 07:07
aaah .. is getting closer now
Elad
Tsabeat/Sattel Battle

Started Topics :  158
Posted : Feb 8, 2008 05:38
surely if anyone was in my sattel battle dj sets last summer u could hear some of this.. realy fine tunes the ones i have , thanx tom tom

haltya and all other projects from tommy and jyrgen are truly always been top notch psychadelic productions imo (pelinpala , outolintu , highpersonic women , headphonics)

so , who if fisrt to get haltya over to israel 2008 ??

partial review :

funny fini finished - hhahaha tommy started this track when we hang out in friends place , realy cool working methods..
the track stand to its name lol , realy groovy bass and funn(k)y sounds

mothership - wooo amazing , likeprog and suomi mixed to create ultimate psy vs production limits: this track is highly produced as well highly psychadelic and danceable - always working great for sunny times

borboleta purpura - amazing latin style , only from myspace preview you can know this is the "hit" heheh

well well cant wait listen to the rest           www.sattelbattle.com
http://yoavweinberg.weebly.com/
Eraser
Eraser

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Feb 9, 2008 03:29
yep sounds great feels good
mk47
Inactive User

Started Topics :  118
Posted : Feb 12, 2008 09:04
when is it out ? ..
Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 12, 2008 09:49
http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=3973           you can find easily all my psytrance & chill reviews on my blog at:
chuha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Feb 15, 2008 22:16
Its out now and i have to say: NICE

Big respect!

Currently "Finny Funny Finished" is my fav
          -> New DOUBLE V/A coming soon!!!
-> Spontaneous Aerobics Records
-> www.myspace.com/djchuha
-> www.myspace.com/spontaneousaerobics
-> www.spontaneous-aerobics.de
papay

Posted : Feb 17, 2008 18:41
just wait when the headphonics-evolution of funk CD drops the streets
amphiton

Posted : Feb 28, 2008 03:01
Good one, but could have been longer. 49 minutes is definitely too little.           [ cuBe ] :: cubeg.org •
Addictive Elements
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Feb 28, 2008 16:07
i beg to differ from most of the +ve reviews here....not the best suomi album in recent times...the lemonslide and igor swamp albums were not just groovy but also could be used on the dancefloor...here we have too many small filler tracks.....and even the full length tracks arent groovy/funky or what i would associate with suomi in general....the closest track that comes to funkadelic groovy is Walking on sunshine.....tho even this could have used a little higher tempo.....

and the other good track for me was "mean green monster theme"....had some dancey groooves for me atleast...

All the other tracks are poor or fillers......

Evn the 2 tracks i recommneded "mean green..." and "walking on sunshine" wernt particularly great but the least rotten apples so as to say......Then again i wasnt much of a haltya fan.....but i did give it an open minded listen and came away pretty unimpressed......

For a better and more mindaltering suomi experience....check out the recent lemonslide , igor swamp and No possible soundsz 3 albums.....           ----- Hippies...they wanna save the earth....but all they ever do is smoke pot ----
kalgos

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 28, 2008 16:31
great funky album and some good dancefloor groovy stuff

special favvorites here :

Finny Funny Finished
Borboleta Purpura
Mean Green Monster Machine
Fry
Mothership
Walking On Sunshine

this one is more remind to me the classics of haltya very good work the spirit still alive
***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Mar 1, 2008 18:10
it is what I expected,
and that is good for me,
keeping their unique funky forest style...

nice work...
          http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
Outolintu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Mar 2, 2008 11:57
Quote:

On 2008-02-28 16:07, Addictive Elements wrote:
and even the full length tracks arent groovy/funky

i beg your pardon, sir!
this statement proves that you wouldn't recognize funkiness even if it stepped up to you, pulled down it's pants, wiggled it's ass and slapped your face with both cheeks.

re-check this dictionary quote and compare it to what you "think" funky means.

funky:
[...]
2.music
a. Of or relating to music that has an earthy quality reminiscent of the blues.
b. Combining elements of jazz, blues, and soul and characterized by syncopated rhythm and a heavy, repetitive bass line.

so call the haltya sound what you want good, bad, crappy, mouldy, not danceable, excellent whatever comes to your mind but one thing's not debatable: it's 100% funky
          "no one ever sweats on a plug-in" -moby
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Haltya - Book Of Nature (Exogenic) 2008

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance