Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Haldolium - Haldolium (Plusquam, 2004)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Haldolium - Haldolium (Plusquam, 2004)

krelm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Oct 11, 2004 22:35
Artist: Haldolium
Album: Haldolium
Label: Plusquam
Genre: Progressive Trance
Year: 2004

Tracklisting:
01. The Last Dance
02. Shotgun
03. Vanity
04. All My Life
05. Smthng Scrd
06. Liquit Nite
07. How U Feel
08. Salt

Since the release of their debut album, Degua (Free Form Records), in 1999, Haldolium have established themselves at the forefront of German progressive artists. Their latest effort on the currently-surging Plusquam imprint has undoubtedly been one of the most awaited progressive releases for the latter half of 2004.

The music:
Always progressing towards new territory, Haldolium’s self-titled 4th album shrewdly blends elements of psychedelic trance, house, electro into a single package, oozing with melancholic groove. Some of the more energetic dancefloor moments are provided by the bass-heavy “Vanity” and “Liquit Nite” (almost reminiscent of a more melancholic “Priviliged” by Vision & Canedy), while the moody and atmospheric “The Last Dance” will serve as a perfectly-restrained warm-up or cool-down track. The deceptively sinister “All My Life” and understated “Smthng Scrd” add tasteful vocals to the mix for a whole new dimension. Normally, I’m not a huge fan of vocals in dance music, but they are done well enough in this album to not overshadow the otherwise wonderful music. The only negatives for me on this album are the final 2 tracks, the brooding “How U Feel” and the drawn-out mid-tempo track “Salt”. Not to say that they are bad tracks, but they just aren’t my style and sort of drag.

Overall:
Even in a year which has seen more than its share of excellent progressive trance albums, Haldolium have managed to craft a standout work with its own distinctive flavor. This is an album which really grew on me after each listen – the more you hear it, the more you will like it. Unlike most of the other progressive releases of 2004, this album excels in its ability to create and beautifully explore the melancholic mood through various levels of intensity. An album which will be not soon forgotten, Haldolium will definitely remain a mainstay both on dancefloors and in relaxed home listening sessions.

Overall rating: 8/10

Favorite tracks: 1!!, 3, 4, 5, 6!!
          -----------------
Dr. Krelm DJ Mixes and Broken Symmetry archives - http://www.krelmatrix.com

Broken Symmetry on MCast - coming in 2007....
Banel
Behind Blue Eyes

Started Topics :  96
Posted : Oct 11, 2004 23:20
This album is recommended!           www.myspace.com/michaelbanel
snowflake

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Oct 12, 2004 13:12
True, this album is very recommended...
I liked it allot, just that for me the last track "Salt" is the best track of this album!

"Salt" is an haunting track, very simple, very minimal. I found it to be very moving (both phisically and emotionally). The first time I'd listened to it,I was left speechless...

Cheers Haldolium, thanx for the great release!
          Out Here We're Stoned....
Nemco

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 12, 2004 13:25
I'm actually just giving this my first listen right now... I'm up to track 7 (How U Feel) right now, and it all sounds good... nice album           To hell with reality! I want to die in music, not in reason or in prose. People don't deserve the restraint we show by not going into delirium in front of them. To hell with them! - Louis-Ferdinand Céline
Davolo

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Oct 12, 2004 13:50
I like it more than the last album 'Be Real' because it is a bit grittier or darker but it has the Haldolium sound. Looking at the credits - Mark only appears on 3 of 8 tracks (one of which is solo) which may've been an influence.

I liked the way that in the (re)mix of 'All My Life' Mario and Sascha (Bitmonx) kept only to the vocal sample and slowed it down - harder option than a standard Guitar-Psy-Rock-RMX I thought the first time I heard it.
Jboy

Posted : Oct 12, 2004 22:09
A fabulous album. Very recommended. After have been listening to the cd a few times, it really caught my attention. 9/10.
Dimitri
Inactive User

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Oct 12, 2004 23:52
Fucking great 9.5/10 best release sence Timetech - Notes
djmeghan
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Oct 13, 2004 17:26
I just bought this CD from psyshop, and I really like it. Very dark...the way I like my music. My favorite tracks are 1, 2!!, 3, 6!! I give it a 8/10.           http://www.psylicious.com
http://3rdeyesqueegee.com
http://www.facebook.com/djmeghan
http://www.soundcloud.com/dj-meghan
t-GaLaXY

Posted : Oct 14, 2004 13:54
Very good and unusual album! All tracks are impressive, especially 1!, 3, 4!, 5!, 6!, 8!
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Oct 15, 2004 10:20
very nice album, rare fast stuff i realy enjoy to listen to at home. deep, evolving and melancholic trance, i like it !           Believe your soul !
Avex

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Oct 17, 2004 20:34
Very good album,real progress trance.
ESPERANÇA

Posted : Oct 19, 2004 02:55
i really really enjoy this trip!!
1st track, last dance, it seens the vocals turns me on!!!!
"daance ... for me!!!!! for me! for me!! "
groove!!!!
shotgun has an incredible atmosphere ... with perfect pads ... i like this groove to ...

"tum cum tum cum tum cum tum cum tum cum"

vanity is a great one too (all this album rox), haldolium rox ...
good atmosphere too , perfect vocals ... everything in their place ... just like a puzzle ...
all my life is the 2nd place for me in this album ... the vocals of foo fighters!!! ROXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!

the first place goes to ...

"Smthng Scrd"

"SOMETHING SECRET!! COMING NAAAAKED!!!!"

THIS VOCALS ROXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

the best track for me

so ... i don´t have too much time now to say about the others tracks, but i can give u guaranties u will enjoy this trip!

PROGRESSIVE TRANCE LOVERS

IT´S TIME TO ROCK!!!!!
-Abatwa-
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Oct 19, 2004 16:23
"All my life I've been searching for something
Something never comes never leads to nothing
Nothing satisfies but I'm getting close
Closer to the prize at the end of the rope
All night long I dream of the day
When it comes around then it's taken away
Leaves me with the feeling that I feel the most
The feeling comes to life when I see your ghost"

`Bottomless wonders spring from simple rules, which are repeated without end` Mandelbrot
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Oct 21, 2004 14:26
Without a doubt a nice album, and I definitely found it better than the disappointing “Be Real”.

A thing that bothers me to some extent though, is the vocals – just as on “Be Real”. Luckily they where not as dominant, but on the track “All My Life” they where over the top for my taste. In the opener “The Last Dance” they used them very well though.

Overall a nice progressive album. Heard better this year, but Haldolium once again proves they’re among the best producers.

8/10

Favs: 1, 3, 6
          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Dance N Dust
Dance N Dust

Started Topics :  83
Posted : Oct 21, 2004 23:20
good cd...i like the 01 more....but this 1 is good too..
track 07 is best for me in here..
give this cd 8.5/10 for great sound

good luck
asher
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Haldolium - Haldolium (Plusquam, 2004)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance