Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Goasia - From Other Spaces (Suntrip Records, 2007)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Goasia - From Other Spaces (Suntrip Records, 2007)

jivamukti
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Nov 9, 2007 21:53
A solid release of melodic newschool goa with a distinct Goasia touch. The style is a bit on the smoother side of goa (definitely not as in your face as Filteria or even Dimension 5's Transdimensional, for example), but still driving - as it should be. The tracks are satisfactorily varied. Very tasty (analog?) basses in Taboo and Per Aspera ad Astra. Sunrise's melodies remind me of oldschool trance (not goa). No complaints about the technical side of things as far as I can tell on my headphones; the sound is fat and balanced.

On the minus side the intro track was unnecessary padding (it's not like Love & Peace started fullon) and I don't care much for the final downbeat track either. The vocal sample in From Other Spaces was a cheesy cliché.

Favourites: Love & Peace, Octagon and Per Aspera ad Astra

8/10
          When rain dries, clouds form.
When clouds moisten, rain forms.
Adigroovy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Nov 10, 2007 18:16
this is not a proper review, this album deserves another review.           to use your head you have to go out of your mind
jivamukti
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Nov 10, 2007 21:24
I don't have time to write a review which discusses every track individually, sorry. I think there's enough information and general opinions of my own in it.           When rain dries, clouds form.
When clouds moisten, rain forms.
anOM
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Nov 11, 2007 15:11
i agree with adigroovy... i mean.. its not bad.. but definetely not the proper one           Free your mind...
AcidForAll

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Nov 11, 2007 22:29
yes, but then don't post here - u can only post here if u listened to the album and know what u think about it!!!!!!!!1
Elad
Tsabeat/Sattel Battle

Started Topics :  158
Posted : Nov 12, 2007 13:57
Title : from other space
Label : suntrip
Format : CD
Year : 2007

http://saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=6900

not proper review as well sorry but untill its up let me just say its an exellent album , goa vibes alive , realy good ol' pleasure
seems suntrip going to the right way , fun in music

had listen today to this one and new lemon slide and seems all the cry about lost psy in trance can be wiped with this 2 easy           www.sattelbattle.com
http://yoavweinberg.weebly.com/
soulfood
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Nov 13, 2007 19:21
Hmm... I think the psy trance community should break tradition and actually buy a fucking CD.

This is some tasty long overdue beats
amphiton

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Nov 15, 2007 00:46
Still waiting for the proper review.

I've been waiting for this album after I heard Goasia @ VA - Pure Planet That's 3 years now.

Shops:
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sut/sut1cd009.html
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=6900
http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=3803           [ cuBe ] :: cubeg.org •
KanibaL HolokausT
KanibaL HolokausT

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Nov 15, 2007 17:26
For me this is great album really

Favourites: Love and Peace,Taboo,Pray for Rain           www.grotesque-records.com
www.myspace.com/kanibalholokaust
www.myspace.com/odium32
Sunai

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Nov 15, 2007 20:46
yesterday i had a plasure to listen this awesome album..9.5/10..keep goa alive and wish u all the best!
*neon nymph*
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Nov 16, 2007 10:29
Contact me when someone has a complete review of this album.           I can only please one person per day. Today's not your day. Tomorrrow isn't looking good either.
lara
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Nov 21, 2007 17:57
REVIEW BY RINO/SOUNDMUTE

Goasia has been around for quite some time now. If my memory stands correct, Balint Tihamer was the founding member, and some of his tracks like "Calypso" and "Devil's Attack" date way back to the days of Y2K. As far as I'm concerned, the noteworthy breakthrough came with 2004 compilation and two amazing tracks: "Ghetto" and "Paranoid". A year later, and the project got a new addition, Vladislav Radulovic. Both of them being acquaint with the old school sound, it wasn't long (2006) before their split album with Omegahrtz, Purple Energy 2, hit the shelves, on the greek based Unicorn Music label. As one thing eventually leads to the other, it was about time they released a proper, full lenghth album. Since nice stuff occurs to those who tend to wait, here it is: From Other Spaces, released on the three feet high and rising label Suntrip Records has arrived, and lets see what it has to offer… The cover art, much talked about and debated is not bad per se, I just find it inferior to the original one, but what can be done now anyways. Looks like, more or less, the typical symmetrical, Matsuri-like inspired cover. Which is not a sin, far from it; you want to pursue the old school, then you gotta do it right, no? That is, until I pick up the CD from the tray, and run into a fish smacked in the middle of the sleeve behind the CD tray. Anybody, care to explain or elaborate the symbolic or metaphoric significance of a fish taking place on a cover of a goa trance album? Whatever, as if the fish can ruin an impatient man's listening experience! But now to our muttons, as it's about time we ventured into the music, as there are high expectations to be met:

#1 Intro- the introductory sequence, so to present it, closes in at a little under three minutes, and it is not really a track on its own. Accompanied with a …spiritualism… meditation… sample, it is more of a break beatish and atmospheric entrée into…

#2 Love & Peace- Where the album really takes off! From the first kick forth you know this belongs in the old school realm. You know, the place where flamedancers, wicked party people, smiles and melody driven tunes dwell all day ey' day! This is some uplifting music for sure, just what it takes to put a rainbow over your head during these moist and obscure autumn afternoons. Not that I want to point fingers and search for the prominent ingredient here, but the kick just has to triumphantly swipe away the rest here!

#3 Space Travellers- how old school can an old school track's name get? Well, "Space Travellers" is on some Prana-esque shiznit, but this voyage in time and space is conducting to some fresh, unexplored dance floors. On the path of the previous number, this is 100% forged to the maximum satisfaction of the dance crwod. Top of the line music for a top of the morning to ya, and if that light hearted melody from 06:00 doesn't do you justice, I don't know what will.

#4 From Other Spaces- Bass in your face, in the words of one Chuck D, and no, I would not settle for anything else. If bassdrums is what you're looking for, then put the compass down, and get your headphones or your dance sneaker on, volume to the max, and get busy! Hands and feet together high in the air, this has got to be the best this album has offered thus far- fast, pumping and peppered with a sprightly melody, this is the Goasia I love! Don't know if I'm right or wrong, but it brings back memories of „Spiritual Connection“, another one of their favorites. Whether or not the break was obligatory, you decide, but on a personal level, I could have made it through without the 30 second interruption of the track's flow. The sample's triviality is arguable, as the amount of resembling ones we've been exposed to throughout the years in beyond countability, but everything they supply us with after the 06:15 mark on my CD player comes across as a skillfully cut 'n' polished 24 carat diamond. Grrrrreat track.

#5 Octagon- "Octagon" brings some erratic melodies, I get the impression of Goasia really playing around and drawing the maximum out of their synths. The kick is toned down in favor of numerous sounds and FX patterns steadily taking turns during the nine minutes the track spans through. Don't misunderstand as there is no random factor in arranging these melodic passages; they compliment each other to quite some effect, while being fluently and reciprocally replaced. The entire track transmits the image of an artist's palette with a wide array of effects and great tones taking turns in rotation, once again suitable for the most demanding dance floor. Halfway through the album, and I've heard nothing less but ace music!

------------------
http://www.soundmute-recordings.com
http://www.facebook.com/smrecordings
http://www.soundcloud.com/soundmute
lara
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Nov 21, 2007 17:57
#6 Liquid Soul- More madness from the never ending kingdom of stomping beats, frantic bass lines and unbridled melodies and fast & furios paces! Great stuff from the serbian duo. Just check that breaking point at 02:30 for a sonic explosion. To hell with it, this track is a hydrogen bomb raid during your local summer festival! Well, actually it's an party instigator of the highest order regardless of the season or time of the day. This is thy type of music I'd play when driving through you block, neighbourhood or project housing, trying to impress. No doubt this would leave two thirds of your block for two weeks in a state of mind altering after shock. What a fantastic tune! There isn't a single unstable, or liquid- to what the title may suggest, element here- from the blazing melody, to the above mentioned component parts. This lends itself well to the final countdown, before the DJ launches the party up and far away to Milky Way!

#7 Taboo- By definition, the track's title would mean: seperated, placed or set apart as sacred or profane; forbbiden for general use. I see no other way to lock this one up, except for accusing it of being an arsonist! Burn, party people, burn- and take the by now torched dance podiums with you smile.gif ! Old schhol conveyed in a way to make you drool all over your hi fi equipment. If by now nobody has, let me make it publically known: not dancing to this is taboo. Tucked under their fat belt buckle, it seems like Goasia has yet another one from soon to be sure shot party favorites to pick from. If I had to point out a distinguishable characteristic that makes this music so great, it would just have to be the perfect blend of various constituent elements; you don't ever get the idea Goasia exaggerates or over applies the same formula or sound. Everything is employed just to the limit of making it sound perfect, for whatever purpose you want it to be!

#8 Per Aspera Ad Astra- If I was any more eloquent, maybe I could expand the repertoire of my english terminology, and by not saying in a thousand different ways how good does this album get, I'd have recourse to an overall more extended vocab, maybe making this a more pleasing read for whoever might be reading. For now, all I will say is that the female vocal used in this track, combined with that killer melody, and whatever else your ear sight hopefully will catch on to is just fantastic. I think this is only the second track on this album, after the title number, which is inclined to using samples, but strike me Zeus with a 10,000 volt lightning bolt if they are not used perfectly! Closing in towards the album's final moments, it seems only to get better, better and better…

#9 Sunrise- Here it is, "Sunrise", the most talked about track ever since the samples appeared. It is no surprise either, as this is most probably the most atypical uptempo tune Goasia has crafted up to this present day. No, it's not full-on. But it is a great, somewhat lighter journey to the more emotional side of trance music. Well, you might find that kind of a corny way to put it, but I find these, should I say soulful excursions beyond the surface of music very rare today, and when they are attmepted, they seldom sound right. Most of today's allegedly touching and soothing music from my viewpoint stands as shallow as a frying pan filled with water, if that made any sense. „Sunrise“ is an honestly beautuful track, which means it's way more than just dance orientated, pumping kicks and cool bassdrums tricks and treats. While it contains all of that, just for the record, it has that extra touch, that one bonus point extra you very oftern give up getting or hearing on a lot of modern releases. They pulled it off: it certainly is very old schoolish, but why complain? If making it old school was the best way to reach out and touch the masses, why not do it? A wonderful and gorgeous journey into a state of trance, which will hopefully stand the test of time and inspire many future generations and artists alike. It is way to early to call it Goasia's magnum opus, but as of now, it is right up there, near the swift summits of the sea…

#10 Pray For Rain- I won't stop and describe the last, downtempo stop on this album, because "Pray For Rain" is an older track, I think around two years ago was the time I first heard it. Not by any means is it a bad one, I was just surprised ever since initially getting familiar with the tracklist that Goasia would not produce a brand new track for a brand new album. So, for newbies, I doubt you will find much to rant about, and as for us who've been around for a while, take this as a chance to regenerate the subject-matter, so to speak. A slower, vocal inspired and led outroductory track, well deserved after around seventy minutes of action packed goa trance. Well done Goasia!

Overall, Goasia does deliver. I hardly think there is anything I left out whilst reviewing the tracks, and if I did, it was not done on purpose- I most probably got carried away by the music. You will understand once this gem of an album finds its way into your CD player. This is goa trance done the proper way. I see no way a dance crowd not being driven into a frenzy with this type of music. Likewise, I hardly see anybody not getting at least half an hour of top notch quality home listening time! How this stands compared to other Suntrip Records releases? Well enough, would be my verdict. Not as climatic and overdone as Filteria's albums, not as eastern inspired as Khetza'l debut album and not as scando mental alienation inducing stuff courtesy of Ka-Sol! But, if you've ever heard Goasia, you should have an idea of what to expect. If you are looking for some really steady flowing, friendly on the ears, simultaneously driving and pumping music, as far as the year 2007 goes, this is not likely to get out matched. Highly recommended, especially to and for… Everyone!!!

RINO/Soundmute.org           ------------------
http://www.soundmute-recordings.com
http://www.facebook.com/smrecordings
http://www.soundcloud.com/soundmute
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Nov 21, 2007 19:18
Up to now I have listened only the 7 first tracks and only one time each track. Sound good, I was expecting more, but maybe all I need is to listen it a little more.

My favorites up to now are From Other Spaces [T4] and Love & Peace [T2]. Funny thing is that my favorite track up to now () has Ronald Reagan samples:

"...suddenly there was a threat to this world from some other species from another planet outside this universe."

I have to listen over again till the end to come with a proper opinion.

Listen to the samples and buy it here:
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=6900

Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Nov 22, 2007 11:53
Goasia has sent waves of shivers cascading thru my body. The only album ILm willing to go to the stores and buy it, this second half of 2007. Funny, I still ask myself: why these sounds are so spiritual? And thatLs the point of this album: itLs not only music, it sends something thru the speakers. Liquid Soul sent me outerspaced.

My grade: 10! Maybe some will say ILm overgrading this album. But Goasia efforts to sound unique is worth, and besides, itLs appealing in contrast to some releases that are simply ugly.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Goasia - From Other Spaces (Suntrip Records, 2007)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance