First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

GIATI

kabamaru
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Jul 27, 2004 17:15
SiriusProject what did Cybertronic told you when you found him in the chill out bar? What did he do for all this mess???           --- open the doors and let the music flood in ---

https://soundcloud.com/spinnet
https://soundcloud.com/one-arc-degree
https://soundcloud.com/fabrics
SiriusProject

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jul 27, 2004 17:24
where you read that kabamaru?i said he waz playing music in the chill out when the music stopped....          *****we came from stars*************
technical research in acoustic neural conciousness enhancement
psyblanca

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jul 27, 2004 19:33
WTF again for one more time they stole our money Greece is not for trance events only for bouzuki events.

I go there on Thursday morning the only guys that i see there was for the decoration and the place was not ready not even the camping area and i go to zaxaro to camp.

Very bad organisiation and a the people was like a shit(skatofatses). I dont like to say anything more, the only good was the deco and the music.

p.s. People if you are making parties for the money everything will be f...ed again.
kabamaru
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Jul 27, 2004 21:04
ok, sorry SiriusProject, I thought you meant you talked to him as well.           --- open the doors and let the music flood in ---

https://soundcloud.com/spinnet
https://soundcloud.com/one-arc-degree
https://soundcloud.com/fabrics
edoardo@neurobiotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  65
Posted : Jul 27, 2004 21:41
So, here is what happened exactly:

Everything was running smoothly until the last day (sunday). The last day some strange voices were going around and all of us artists still staying there started to trying to contact the organizers. I personally called many times and they didn't pick up the phone. At the hotel they were asking us for the money for the room because no one paid for it. I didn't want to think anything bad, I went to the beach and came back in the evening.
The situation was still the same, no one could get in touch with the organizers and they were not at the festival (I have been there looking for them for hours). No one knew where they were. But since I knew that some of the artists got paid from Detox I didn't worry so much. I was with the artists who still had to play their sets and we were thinking if play the music or just stop it until someone would come and tell us what was going wrong. But, since there were many people dancing, I decided to play anyway. My dj set was supposed to start at 2:30 in the night and finish at 4:30. At the end I started at 2 and was then suposed to finish at 4, much better for me so I could go to the airport half an hour before. After finishing my set, I was supposed to get my money and have a car ready to bring me at the airport since my flight was at 9:00 in the morning. I played until 4:30 and asked to the other artists there if they found any of the organizers. No one of them was there and no one wanted to play after me. Once again they told me to stop the music but looking at the dancefloor I decided to go on for some more time, to give again a chance to someone to come and clear the things up and not to stop the people dancing. The dancefloor was not full but was nice and people who were there didn't deserve that when they already paid 60 Euros and have no proper camping area, toilets, bar etc.
At that time I already lost my flight since there was no car there to bring me at the airport. At the end I went on playing for something like 5 hours while the other artists were still looking for mr Spiros and mr Yannis.THEY WERE NOT THERE, I CAN ASSURE ALL YOU!. After 5 hours, I finally decided to stop the music, according to what all of us on the stage were thinking. At today (tuesday), I still didn't get any phone call from any of the organizers and of course I didn't get paid, and I had to find a lift to Athens by myself and find a place to stay there. I had to change my ticket and pay for the change by myself. Just now I tried to call Spiros on his mobile, someone picked up the phone and when they heard my name they just hanged up

Regarding the music stopped at 7, when was supposed to go on for some more hours, I have to show my (and Loic's and Frank E's) point of view:
I've been asked for the money for my room at the hotel for some times and I didn't have the money to pay it since of course this should be done by the organizers. I (as all other artits) paid my food by myself during these days, also if normally food and accomodation must be provided. But I usually don't care, I have to eat anyway and I never complain when I don't get my food paid, especially when I'm at a 2-3 days festival having fun as it was until the last day. I NEEDED to get back home on monday but there was no car to bring me there, so I would have missed my flight anyway, THEN I decided not to stop the music and play 2-3 hours more to keep people dancing and enjoying. After 5 horus, I was exausted and really pissed, so I decided to stop the music to see if any of the organizers would care. The idea was to stop the music and wait for any of them to show up and check the situation with them. No one came, Frank was up to play his set after me as Loic was but no one from the organizers care about anything anymore. Loic and frank didn't geta lift to the airport also, we went back to the hotel and called a taxi by ourself and they had to pay 150 Euros for the taxi to the airport.

I want to make clear that Mike (Detox) WAS NOT involved in the organization, he just made some bookings since he has contact with the artists and he paid many of them from his own pockets. For sure he was suposed to get a profit out of this festival, but he's not responsible for any of the organizers' bullshits. He has been the only one calling me yesterday to ask how were things going and to tell me that he would try to help me. So, once again, Detox WAS NOT responsable for the organizers' work.

Anyway, is really sad to see what happened and that people didn't get what they paid for. It could have been a really nice festival (probably with some more promotion and showing more respect to people), but ended up in the worst way. I would prefere much more to have someone from the organization telling me the truth (whatever, we lost money, someone got the money etc) and go on without letting anybody know about all this story anc lear the things up at the stage then to just try to reach the organizers for 24 hours without any luck and been left on the stage without any money and any clue how to get back home.

...see you next time...           Edoardo @ Neurobiotic Records
http://www.neurobiotic.com
Myspace: www.myspace.com/djedoardo

https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/label/detail/1651/neurobiotic_records
yellow1

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 27, 2004 23:55
hhhmmmm...funny how Cybertronik-NK was here every day promoting the festival and now he is dissapeared...
SiriusProject

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jul 28, 2004 01:40
still waiting for u Detox why you dont answer my questions?If the place waz not ready untill the last day why you didnt tell us before?why you kept it secret?****************************************           *****we came from stars*************
technical research in acoustic neural conciousness enhancement
dimension

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 28, 2004 02:25
awful festival only good was the music at the first and second day the rest was awful why?? they are clever and we are dorks i cant understand this....           keep on!!!!!
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Jul 28, 2004 03:17
SiriusProject this will be the last time i will answer to you for two reasons.First because at this stage i have many important things and problems to deal with other than answering critical questions on forums and secondly because i found your attitude very ironic and even offensive.I mean saying to someone that has lost more than 10.000 euros out of his pocket because of other peoples mistakes 'Lets organise a charity 4 u Mr Detox.It might help u a bit' is at least irritating.

I was not the designer of the Kaiafas Festival website,i brought the organisers in touch with a designer friend of mine,they gave me all the information concerning the location,tickets,travel and so on and i just passed them on to the designer who arranged everything.I dont have web designing skills sorry.

And because i like making my self clear from the beggining this is what i stated on 4 of June 2004 on this forum.

Quote:

On 2004-06-04 00:56, DETOX wrote:
1)I am not the organiser of this event,i am just responsible for the international bookings plus the bookings of some Greek friends and artists.Also i am responsible for the Promotion of the event.Nothing more nothing less,for complaints or praises concerning the festival feel free to bug or congratulate the organisers of the event when the site will be up.I can promise you though that i will try to help this festival with all my power and knowledge because its the only big event taking place in Greece for this summer and i think that the scene deserves AT LEAST one good festival for this Olympic year.

ALL the artists were there at the festival area except Electric Universe and DJ Doc that on Saturday night the Mayor of Zacharo asked me to cancel for reasons i cannot reveal in public even though i informed him that the artists will have to get payed no matter if they come and play or not,he told me that this thing was ok from his side but ofcourse i never received the money for these canceled artists and now i have to pay them also from my pocket.Logic Bomb missed his live perfomance for health reasons though he was already in the festival area like he can also assure you.
So SiriusProject as you can understand my task was done 100% since all of my artists were booked and got payed (except some of them that will get payed in the next days like i aggreed with them) and all i did from the moment that the artists arrived in the festival area was to follow the orders of the Mayor and the Organisers of this event.

Also about the things that Kabamaru said,the second time i visited the festival area i asked the organisers to rent chemical toilets (10-15 in number) and built new showers,they assured me that they would do that and on Tuesday before the festival i personally called one of the two organisers and he told me on the phone that the toilets were already arranged and that the Mayor's son had already built more showers like i had asked them.Facilities was not one of my jobs but i felt that i had to advice the organisers concerning these subjects.When i arrived at the festival area on Friday night (after almost killing myself and Dado on the road during to a flat tyre while going with 170km per hour) i discovered that the toilets and showers case was different from what the organiser had told me the previous days on the phone.....

I hope i answered most of your questions SiriusProject cause i am not answering you anything else at least in the near future unless you behave differently from now and on and show some more respect to me like i am showing to you.
          Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
yellow1

Posted : Jul 28, 2004 09:19
Quote:

ALL the artists were there at the festival area except Electric Universe and DJ Doc that on Saturday night the Mayor of Zacharo asked me to cancel for reasons i cannot reveal in public

????????You mean that the mayor of Zacharo asked you to cancel especially Elecrtic universe and Doc???????????what the f**k??????
Deus

Posted : Jul 28, 2004 09:24
Hello everyone!I would like to say my opinion about this situation.First of all i want to make clear that i don't know Detox personally but i know him very well from what he is doing.Guys,it s no fair accusing someone for something that was not responsible.As Edoardo said,Detox never dissapeared and as Detox said,he is gonna pay from his...pocket!The only fault that i find him is his ignorance about organisers professionalism.So find the real guilties.They deserve a good lesson!Thank you for reading my post.(No,I'm not detox's lawyer.That was only my opinion!)
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Jul 28, 2004 12:05
Yellow1 on Saturday night the Mayor of Zacharo asked me to cancel every artist that was supposed to arrive at the festival place on Sunday.The only ones that could be canceled were Electric Universe and DJ Doc.I was very sas that they told me to do such a thing and Boris Blen was even more sad than me cause he very badly wanted to play in our country cause he loves Greece and its crowd a lot.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
eternal motion - SG
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  46
Posted : Jul 28, 2004 12:49
Since we know DETOX and his character (stable and always clear) we can not understand why some ppl keep on accusing him,since it's much more than obvious that he has absolutely nothing to do with the final result of this festival.
One man alone runing up and down,trying to settle things down,even he was not in charge about many of these,(toilets,facilities,).

Please note that he is the only one so far trying to give us a picture of what happened.
And he is still so calmed down ready to answer about questions that he shouldn't even bother to do so.

Pls ppl,can you understand what losing money from a budget that suppose to give you some profit means???
Can you realise,what for a booking agent means,when his artists try to find a transportation for the airport????
Unbeliavable...

Pls calm down and give him a brake.You got an answer from edoardo about how mike reacted.
Now it's up to the organisers to enlighten the whole thing.

PEACE
*twinkle*

Posted : Jul 28, 2004 14:12
couldnt agree more more with eternal motion, and since i know detox as well, he is a really stand up guy, of course since he's the only one that actually bothered to give the ppl a picture of what happened, he is the one that's taking the shit...
organizing a festival is a very hard thing to do, and can only be accomplished through team work. obviously the rest of the team is absent and detox-who did his part- is getting the heat, which is not fair sirius...
anyhow i really hope the organizers show up at some point so they can get what they deserve-and that is the ppl's wrath.

but what you give is what you get in the long run..

mr.spiros and mr. yiannis eiste megales robes...
           (``·.¸(``·.¸(``·.¸¸.·`´)¸.·`´)¸.·`´)
..and when i say goodnight,the pictures in my head will dance inside my room and frolic in my bed ...and when i say good day they hide behind my eyes waiting for the dreams to bring them back to life...
AbsolutZero(D.V.M.)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  199
Posted : Jul 28, 2004 15:34
i must agree with twinkle and eternal motion,
we must wait from the organizers to show up and explain to us what happend there,
so make some endurance
          [b]osobuko/b]
http://www.landmark-recordings.com/absolut_zero.html
http://www.myspace.com/absolutzero_or
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dj-AbsolutZero/147091981997578
Trance Forum » » Forum  Greece - GIATI
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance