karmakanik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jun 29, 2007 23:35
Quote:

On 2007-06-29 23:05, *lovenlight* wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-06-29 22:01, thegooddale wrote:
Isn't that kind of like saying don't have an opinion, unless it's the one we all agree with... Way to move psytrance one step closer to a religious experience... lol...

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but the major complaint of the guy was that the sound was not loud enough, correct? Sounds like a valid complaint to have from a music festival to me...

exactly.
agree with you 200%%
but on this forum ppl. get sooooo defensive if someone has somethign critical to say.
GUYS, THIS IS A FORUM to discuss things whether -ve or +ve without getting rude.
I agree UHMWIPE got a bit silly in his later posts but his main concern was the sound and he has the right to express his opinion without having everyone jumping down his throat and gettig nasty right?

so let's just all chill pls.
have a great weekend. MWAH!!

this isn't an issue of trying to silence somebody else's opinion, just a matter of expressing said opinion *respectfully*.

aum wipe didn't say the sound "wasn't loud enough", he said it "sucked." now IMHO, the former is respectful, while the latter is not. as has been explained here, Sonic Beating is a professional sound installation company who do an excellent job every year given the stringent sound level limits. i just don't see how badmouthing them is either respectful or even accurate.

@ thegooddale

i agree sound is a significant factor for a festival, but i hardly think it is the most important one. i think the SETTING and the VIBE are probably the two most crucial elements to a good festival. you can have the best sound system in the world, but it won't make a lick of difference if you don't have the vibe, crowd, and environment to match.

in these areas, and i think most would agree with me, Gaian Mind remains unparalleled.
alchemism

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 30, 2007 01:24
Here are the first bits of video:

Kilowatts w. Amagine
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1969034776717439287&hl=en

Dan Covan & Steve-o
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7412871331496394837&hl=en
FaceHead
FaceHead

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Jun 30, 2007 01:43
Let it be noted on record that I firmly believe that negativity in any form is counter productive mentally and spiritually Therefore it is my belief that anyone who thinks otherwise should be boiled to death in thier own vomit in front of a semi-circle of thirteen chosen witnesses who will chant the following... Shout!------Shout!-------Shout!----Shout--at--the-Devil. How about that for a religous experience? Any takers?

But seriously,
How about this for a step away from a religous experience all the people focused on drug use as a spiritual shortcut not wanting to really do any work, looking at all of the different styles as a rivalry (dark vs light, full vs prog etc.) wanting to analyze and pick apart all the small details of the performances the decorations the conditions the sound the other atendees etc. Heres all im saying did you have a good time? If so great im sure we all did and if we didnt it was at no fault of the organization who brought all of these illuminated social specimens to the same place, regardless of price or volume. For that I applaud gaian mind I dont know of many other people in this country that would be successful doing so. Did you have an enlightening spritual experience? perhaps but certainly not if you spent your time searching for flaws in the people around you or the gathering you were a part of. Take all you can get out of the series of moments that make up life, and know you have the final say in what you let absorb into your head sponge. When presented with negative thoughts you have to recognize that they exist and are unavoidable. Then make the concious decision to discard them and not let them be a part of your personality. Unless of course thats the sort of extra garbage you want to have lying around your mind secretly affecting all of your other thoughts and actions. If you have a complaint hey whatever, thats ok, but look at your experience as a whole and ask yourself given the rest of the amazing occurances you were a part of all weekend, is it really worth mentioning and even arguing over a single or few details? In additon to that is it worth arguing over on a forum? I guarantee that this conversation wouldnt have happened at all if we were all standing there face to face sunday evening after the closing ceremony. You may posess any opinions you want, they are one of the few things that we will always be entitled to. I know this sounds like "a bunch of hippie bullshit" to some people and I am by no means an educated expert but I have lots of personal experience in the matter. I went from a life thriving on all that is negative and destructive to the one im living now (the complete opposite). It may also seem that im over reacting to a little complaint on a forum but im not just referring to this im talking about life as a whole. Several times over the weekend I was confronted with the same kind of thing and came to the conclusion that I dont have the time or room in my life for negativity in any form.

peace

:chuk:

Pardon my spelling and grammatical errors.
FaceHead
FaceHead

Posted : Jun 30, 2007 01:51
oh ya I forgot to say jamie youve got something really special going I cant help but just sit there and smile listening to your sets and amagine was a nice addition all the best to both of you....till next time.

acidity
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jun 30, 2007 04:31
Quote:

On 2007-06-29 21:28, malachi wrote:

Here's some Ohio crew Goahead pix
http://tekgnome.com/gallery/v/Parties/GMSF2k7/

Damn, that is sure lot of pics. You must have gone clickety-clickety.

Looking at all the pics, one thing i can say that the venue looks superb and one of the most green I have seen in my life.
          Discover.Vote.Share() - http://www.beamto.us
acidity
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 30, 2007 04:39
Quote:

On 2007-06-30 01:43, FaceHead wrote:
Let it be noted on record that I firmly believe that negativity in any form is counter productive mentally and spiritually Therefore it is my belief that anyone who thinks otherwise should be boiled to death in thier own vomit in front of a semi-circle of thirteen chosen witnesses who will chant the following... Shout!------Shout!-------Shout!----Shout--at--the-Devil. How about that for a religous experience? Any takers?

But seriously,
How about this for a step away from a religous experience all the people focused on drug use as a spiritual shortcut not wanting to really do any work, looking at all of the different styles as a rivalry (dark vs light, full vs prog etc.) wanting to analyze and pick apart all the small details of the performances the decorations the conditions the sound the other atendees etc. Heres all im saying did you have a good time? If so great im sure we all did and if we didnt it was at no fault of the organization who brought all of these illuminated social specimens to the same place, regardless of price or volume. For that I applaud gaian mind I dont know of many other people in this country that would be successful doing so. Did you have an enlightening spritual experience? perhaps but certainly not if you spent your time searching for flaws in the people around you or the gathering you were a part of. Take all you can get out of the series of moments that make up life, and know you have the final say in what you let absorb into your head sponge. When presented with negative thoughts you have to recognize that they exist and are unavoidable. Then make the concious decision to discard them and not let them be a part of your personality. Unless of course thats the sort of extra garbage you want to have lying around your mind secretly affecting all of your other thoughts and actions. If you have a complaint hey whatever, thats ok, but look at your experience as a whole and ask yourself given the rest of the amazing occurances you were a part of all weekend, is it really worth mentioning and even arguing over a single or few details? In additon to that is it worth arguing over on a forum? I guarantee that this conversation wouldnt have happened at all if we were all standing there face to face sunday evening after the closing ceremony. You may posess any opinions you want, they are one of the few things that we will always be entitled to. I know this sounds like "a bunch of hippie bullshit" to some people and I am by no means an educated expert but I have lots of personal experience in the matter. I went from a life thriving on all that is negative and destructive to the one im living now (the complete opposite). It may also seem that im over reacting to a little complaint on a forum but im not just referring to this im talking about life as a whole. Several times over the weekend I was confronted with the same kind of thing and came to the conclusion that I dont have the time or room in my life for negativity in any form.

peace

Pardon my spelling and grammatical errors.

Very nicely said. Bravo           Discover.Vote.Share() - http://www.beamto.us
FaceHead
FaceHead

Posted : Jun 30, 2007 05:24
Quote:

On 2007-06-30 04:31, acidity wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-06-29 21:28, malachi wrote:

Here's some Ohio crew Goahead pix
http://tekgnome.com/gallery/v/Parties/GMSF2k7/

Damn, that is sure lot of pics. You must have gone clickety-clickety.

Looking at all the pics, one thing i can say that the venue looks superb and one of the most green I have seen in my life.

Wait Ritesh havent you been to northern cali?
Vastafarian

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 30, 2007 08:17
I really didn't notice all these negative aspects in the festival but maybe since it was my first that I was not aware of it. But I had one of my best times there. The food, workshops, weather, staff, deco, insects and animals, the music from the birds, some twister action, the children, the STARS, the ceremonies, the swimming, the walks, the talks, the drumming, the cafe, and oh yes the music and DANCING was stellar. Thanks for all for a transcending experience for me and all that I connected with. Now here are some pix which some I copy from other great photographers. http://www.flickr.com/photos/vastafari/sets/72157600515696626/
acidity
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 1, 2007 00:21
Quote:
Wait Ritesh havent you been to northern cali?

As I said, ONE of the best To be very frank, all the outdoors I have been too (illinois, cali, wisconsin) have been each better then before. I dont know but in psy we always end up getting some awesome locales.

Quote:
which some I copy from other great photographers. http://www.flickr.com/photos/vastafari/sets/72157600515696626/

My fav set just because it has more proportion of pics of the dance floors. I love looking at so many people going crazy.           Discover.Vote.Share() - http://www.beamto.us
acidity
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 1, 2007 00:23
BTW, tell me I am not hallucinating...is that guy in the background naked??

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vastafari/625679590/in/set-72157600515696626/           Discover.Vote.Share() - http://www.beamto.us
FaceHead
FaceHead

Posted : Jul 1, 2007 01:10
no thats kinda his thing
KiloWatts

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jul 1, 2007 02:47
I had a fantastic time at the festival. Yeah, the sound was low, but still crystal clear throughout the nights. Was alright with me, especially when Yab-Yum's music unexpectedly snatched me directly out of my body, only to return a couple hours later refreshed - if not a bit disoriented.

Primordial Ooze, and Shapestatic - two incredible North American acts that are going to go very far. I'm *just now* getting to listen to Shapestatic's new album on the new GM imprint, and it's by far some of the cleanest, most satisfying aural assaults I've heard. Slick. And even slicker - proper use of teh 303.

Was excellent to see Eitan again, and to hear what sounds Japan has provided him. Was also excellent to hear Chuck's material in 6.1 fashion.

Aligning Minds drenched the North Crook stage with some great sounds, as did Phuture Primitive. I heard Blue Spectral Monkey did an unexpected set, but I was unfortunately elsewhere at the time.

Thanks to everyone who came to hear my set, and thanks to Anand, who handled the mic with his rock-solid lyrical cyphering. It was awesome to see the power of the human voice in action at the festival, speaking of consciousness and other gaian-friendly things. I'm also glad I got to bang some new Skeetaz material during the 2nd half of my set, rudely defying the definition of 'chill-out'.

Thanks for a great time - everyone!

Love,
Jamie
Pangea
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Jul 1, 2007 04:01
looks like a nice party, i hope i can make it next year!

peace           pureperceptionrecords.org

pangeaproductions.org

myspace.com/pureperceptionrecords
Pangea
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Jul 1, 2007 04:02
looks like a nice party, i hope i can make it next year!

peace           pureperceptionrecords.org

pangeaproductions.org

myspace.com/pureperceptionrecords
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Jul 4, 2007 08:23
Best festival that I've attended in the states... what makes it so special is the constant vibe and the symbiotic relationship attendees have with this amazing venue.

The music was top notch from beginning to end. Normally I'd review each artist that I heard but this festival was more than just artists putting on a show. Special mention for Yab-Yum though... was a dream to catch that live set.

The visual aspect was phenomenal : the installation outside the psy-theatre was one of the coolest manmade objects at a party.

Some peeps asked me about the the deal with the sound. Well, if you came to this festival just for the sound then it would probably be worth complaining about. almost everyone who was there though seemed to be there for "gaian mind" as a whole which is something very different from just another psytrance party. this event seems to include the best of what the US has adds to the global psychedelic scene.

am hooked and will be back for this every year that i can.

thank you to all the sunday morning trance dancers... been waiting to exprience that kind of floor for the longest time.
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2007
← Prev Page
17 18 19 20 21 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance