First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2004

DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Jul 1, 2004 09:22
there were at least 500-600 people, I think. the main camping area by the river was pretty packed. the dancefloor was never crowded though, i think because different people came out at different times to hear different artists.

as to the sound - the system was loud enough, but the sound dynamics on the dancefloor were really weird. you could be standing in the 'sweet spot' and really feeling the bass, then move a couple of steps to the left, and it would be gone. it had something to do with the placement of the surround speakers in the middle of the dancefloor. not sure why it was that way, though.

anyway, we can all find something to complain about, but all I know is that it was a wonderful time. i could tell you about my 3 am transcendental swim in the river, but i am sure everyone who was there experienced something similar. it was magical. i can't wait for next year.
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Jul 2, 2004 22:35
Looks like the spot and set up of the party was beautiful. Who did the tapestry artwork on the banner covering the tower. Its really a dynamic piece.
I still am at a loss to undrstand why you guys on the east coast will shell out so much $$ for a party though.
$120 at the gate, H#$*Y F@*K !!.
It just boggles my mind me that festivals are so expensive back east, but it must make life easier for the promoters
Gaialau
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  34
Posted : Jul 2, 2004 23:53
i agree with paradigm,i also felt a litle over charged for the party specially with weak sound system.I hope they fix that issue for next year .Thanks to Stella Nutella a left the festival felling much better ,She really rocked,she played an amusing set i think about 6 to 7 hours of pure psychedelics sounds .
sharon joy

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jul 3, 2004 01:00
paradigm -

The tapestry artwork was done by Neil Gibson from toronto (www.neilgibson.ca).

As one of the promoters, I can tell you that life is not easier. This is was our third year doing the festival and we have never made a dime from it. This year was no exception. Please don't compare us with parties on the west coast where festivals are drawing greater numbers.

And at how many festivals does your location provide you with free water, free coffee & tea 24hrs, sweat lodge, among other things?

Its really hard to continue putting yourself out there, putting your own money out there to put on a festival, and then hear complaints and grumbling. For three years I've given up weeks of paying work (as a freelancer, I don't work, I don't eat) as well as putting out my own cash in order to create something amazing and beautiful. We don't do it for the money, we do it for our souls (and just hope we don't lose our shirts in the process). And with any luck, we actually get to dance on Sunday morning. This is a labor of love, and no - labor isn't easy.
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Jul 3, 2004 06:36
Sharon, most west coast(nor cal) parties attract 200 people. the largest ones see 500 tops. Goa Gil gets the biggest numbers here.
The scene in Nor cal is shrinking where as the east coast seems to be growing by leaps and bounds this season, so you may in fact have it better than we do in what your capable of in numbers.
However i can tell you that no one would pay that much for a party here.
Ive been doing this for over 4 years and as a promoter if i could charge that much for a event my life would be much easier, but the community wont stand to for that. It doesnt matter how loaded the lineup is after $50 people are going to say "f#@* that, its too expensive". Doesnt matter what my costs are there's only so much people are willing to put out. So thats why we do end up doing it for the love of it. cause we know were losing our shirts....
KET

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 5, 2004 13:49
all i know is that this festival was amazing and magical. nature, life, death, and rebirth all came into one. the grounds were the best place possible for a psytrance party, and i am so looking forward to next year. scorb assaulted me, loopus rocked me, and stella made me groove. all of the other artists were great as well. thanks so much to the gaian mind crew and all who were involved. peace and love
malachi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Jul 7, 2004 22:24
I want to thank all at Gaian mind so much
for another life changing event! Your
events mean alot to this region of
the world and do so much to spread peace
healing and consciousness through trance!

I have never witnessed such a professional
organization of an event and you guys do
it year in and year out.

Thank you for keeping me inspired!

Bom shankar,
Luke Malachi
www.goaheadproductions.com
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2004
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon