Binary

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 29, 2004 08:20
some pictures from the festival:

http://www.digivill.net/~binary/pix/gaian-mind-2004/index.shtml
PsyTroniks

Posted : Jun 29, 2004 17:29
Oh yeah I forgot, Kaya Project and Bluetech were awesome!!!

Also I found some pics on www.touchsamadhi.com as well.
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Jun 29, 2004 17:49
>yeah It was a great party but music-wise a lot of the dj's/artists sucked(including scorb).

a lot of the artists sucked?!!!!
you get up there and do better, picky bastard. dont come to trance partys if you cant enjoy the trance. some people are never satisfied.
8P

it is amazing to me how very different peoples opinions are.

there is a large new religion forming based on the fact that scorb most certainly fucking rocked it. totally preposterous, quirky, fun and purely stomping....
loopus in fabula! holy shite.
beat bizarre, while totalllly drunk, they still managed to rock a harder set than i expected.
stella nutella ruled the morning. amazing energy from that girl.
shakta was very impressive, lots of good rhythms.
onnomon had a better set towards the end, the energy of their beginning was not high enough.
vitalik has some stamina, he played a great set.
bummer about solar fields trance set being cut short... he was playing some nice stuff.

overall i am still beaming from the amazing time, the beautiful land and people. profound.

cant wait for next year.
boom           www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
Lauryn
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Jun 29, 2004 18:26
And what about Blue Spectral Monkey who tore shit up on Friday night????? If there had been a roof to shred, it would have been shredded off.. I danced and danced and then danced some more...probably the best set from the BSM that I've ever heard.

Saturday night I don't think I stopped dancing all night....Shakta...Scorb (yeah I'll join that 'large new religion' of yours Monkey)...LOOPUS IN FABULA (was the highlight of the festival for me...the remix of the remix of Funky Town was out of control...as was the track that followed it)...Beat Bizarre had me creeping around the dancefloor in a drunken trance...and Stella Nutella played an amazing morning set...it was so nice to see another female dj rockin the decks

I also spent a lot of time in the chillout area for a change...Highlights for me were Solar Fields(!!!!!), Bluetech, BSM's Chillout set, and those swings...

Had a great time....met a lot of new people....see everyone at Neptunalia in 4 weeks!!!

W
kowens
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Jun 29, 2004 22:51
Psytronics and Liquid VIsion you two wouldnt know good shit if it smacked you right in the face..SCORB is one of the freshest, original acts around and you definitely need to show more respect when showing your difference in taste..long live scorb..
PsyTroniks

Posted : Jun 29, 2004 23:38
Quote:

On 2004-06-29 22:51, kowens wrote:
Psytronics and Liquid VIsion you two wouldnt know good shit if it smacked you right in the face..SCORB is one of the freshest, original acts around and you definitely need to show more respect when showing your difference in taste..long live scorb..

Hard to take you seriously when you have "wouldnt know good shit if it smacked you right in the face" and "show more respect" in the same sentance.

But I think I'm fully entitled to my *opinion* that scorb sucked. It's not a matter of respect or lack there of. I respect any trance producer, but if they suck I have no problem saying it. And my *opinion* is that Scorb's tracks were crappy and boring.
Liquid-Vision

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 29, 2004 23:52
Okay I really didint want to piss anyone off by saying my opinion! The party was fucking AMAZING, and theres no need to get pissed off at me for whatever reason just because I didint like scorb(and a few other dj/artists, although I'm not going to mention them)
Okay I didin't happen to like Scorb! This is just my opinion and I didint mean to offend anyone by saying that. I'm not saying he's not talented or anything I just happen to think his set sucked. My opinion is not better than anyone else's, i'm just stating what is my opinion, if you dont like it, thats fine, no need to get pissed off about it.
Bluespectralmonkey- I thougth your set rocked dude! I'm not a picky bastard and I sure as hell wouldn't be able to do a better job than scorb, thats why I have a different job. Just because I'm not a musician/dj does that mean I can't say what I think about other musician/dj's???
sheeeshhhhhhh!
Liquid-Vision

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 29, 2004 23:53
and I guess I was kinda exaggerating that alot of the music sucked, in fact most if it was reallly goood IMO!
and BTW I never said I wasn't satisfied, It was a killer party and I had a hell of a lot of fun!Good job guys!
trancegirl

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 30, 2004 04:46
thank u... thank u.... and thank u!!!!
thanks to all of u that made this weekend so amazing.....
the place was wonderfull, the people amazing, there was good vibes all over the place....
can I go back again?????!!!!!
I only have one thing to say..... the sound system wasn't that loud.... but.... even though this was with no doubt the most beautiful party I've been to since I came to America!!!!!
Estella Nutella suprised me a lot!!!!
She had so much energy, her music was really good and we can't forget that is really nice to see a girl dj.... speacially a good one!!!!
I think words are not enough to describe how good this was.... i still don't wanna be back in the city of buildings, work and cell phones!!!!
Thank u again......***
Cosmic kisses*** ****BOOM*****
SHIVMA
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jun 30, 2004 09:39
Booom to a very good party(thats what it seems like from this post!!)
well done gain mind family!!best of luck for the future!!
Seems like sometimes we go around spitting out words which just dont sound right to others. Everyone does have opinions and thoughts on everything and anything, we just have to express them in a right and respectful way.Thus, we wont hurt others and in turn ourselves, leaving this beautiful community as loving and fun as possilbe!!
BOOMM!!:):):)
          Is there hope??
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Jun 30, 2004 14:58
i am sorry liquid that i called you a bastard. i was just in shock that you said a lot of the artists sucked, and meanwhile i am overloaded with bliss and frankly still hearing all the music in my head! .... i guess its hard to see the other side of the coin sometimes.
if we had that same conversation in person it would have ended in laughter im sure, but in text form it looks to be a bit sharp. perhaps scorb is not your thing....

thanks for your comment at least im glad you dug mine hehe
boom
          www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
BrettFromTibet
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Jun 30, 2004 22:25
people are senitive... I've been known to think a lot of things suck ...but I'm learning to me more careful and sensitive because it's a really small scene here in the USA and it's very personal...
----
wish I could have gone to the party! I have a feeling there would have been a lot that I'd really enjoy there...

keep on sowing the seeds for an American psytrance re:evoloution!
j-ryda

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 30, 2004 22:30
i expected much more from beat bizarre and shakta. scorb was alright, quality business for sure, not edgy enough for my taste though. monkey, i don't really feel your stuff, honestly. no offense, your a cool cat (or ape? . vitalik and stella were the highlights for me. both nicely concluded friday and saturday marathons.

for me "omnidance" had a better vibe obviously.

what was up with the sound? why so weak? that was the thing that i really disliked. i've heard there were some issues with the locals and crap. i want it loud and crispy all the time!

overall, it was an extremely pleasant and brightful experience. hope to see you all soon.
Elektronkind

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 1, 2004 02:02
Some obviously blitzed out wierdo came up to me while was DJing in the stone circle friday night and asked "Do you have anything faster, like drum and bass??"

I was like, wtf mate.

but man aside from the chilly mountain nights no one can do anything about, GMSF2k4 was probably the best of the 3 so far. I think everyone playing there was in their prime, from what I saw and from what I heard.

/ek
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2004
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance