Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - g.o.a.Play & Friends Present *SYMBIOSIS GATHERING 2005* Sept 30-Oct 2 - A 3 day Outdoor in SF
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

g.o.a.Play & Friends Present *SYMBIOSIS GATHERING 2005* Sept 30-Oct 2 - A 3 day Outdoor in SF

le_lotus_604
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 09:38
thursday nite... yes the Santa Cruz party,
cool
oups forgot to buy my ticket,
click click -online-
quote "An Arts, Music, and Lifestyle Gathering." Lifestyle yeah yeah whatever, I'll mention it to the SUV driving kids throwing plastic on the ground.
lineup mmm, BambooForest (quite far from Bourg La Reine )... Triptych, ok the french connection.. KJ and Spooky, my local heroes... and Ricardo and the other I never have chance to see... cool
let's check the chill... mmm, WaterJuice (2 other heroes )and BlueTech yesaii
ok, ok I should go
buy ticket... ok online service close, I'll pay $5 more at the door.
nnnn ... what WHAT WHAT
"VERY FEW Membership Tickets will be more at the door for $70."
am I looking the good web site!!
or am I on a right-wing-NRA-christian-slash-fund-raising site !!!

I understand the $$ for the line-up and the place. but why should I go if they're gonna turn me out ??
brunox

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 1, 2005 01:28
time to go...i'm on the way , right to the party, see everybody ther.

P.L.U.R.
futcion

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Oct 4, 2005 20:48
What a great party, oh man this was a good one! Does anyone know why Bamboo Forest didn't show? Whoever played their time slot was really freaking amazing, but I'm just curious what happened to them.
Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Oct 4, 2005 21:05
for me: nice vibes, cool visual arts, beautiful location, for me the music didn't move me at all (at all!) - but friends said they enjoyed it. Highlights for me were the location, the bouncy castle next to the dancefloor, and the psychedelic puppet show!
overall a nice relaxing weekend!
peace!
megan           Bringing Dreams to Life!
www.encantadaproductions.com
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Oct 4, 2005 21:59
good party, amazing spot (so close to SF), amazing art, deco, and overall production.
My only complaint was the formatting of the music, esp. on Sat night.
The trance got started to late i think... the crowd was itching for it and getting impatient.

Most of the locals played well, and i especially like Treavors set. Though by and large i think their should have been at least one set of some harder stuff in there.
Tryptch was good, nice inovative and funky, but after 2hours i was ready for something different.
Unfortunatley the different ended up being worse
Tetrameth, bored me to tears, i guess the intention was to bring down the dance floor and chill things out at this point, however i dont think it was what the dance floor wanted.
Big thanks to Rich for fireing back up his system and letting us rock some full on into the afternoon

Bamboo Forest strait up flaked. He never showed at the airport when the organizers went to pick him up.
and acording to some inside sources, he was lounging in Spain with his girlfreind
Let this info get out to any who may be considering booking them....
psynthetic
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Oct 4, 2005 22:15
So on the Bamboo Forest topic there was a mix up and for some reason he just didn't make his flight, it wasn't on purpose by any means. He has sent me his appologies to relay to all those who were looking forward to seeing him and we are working with him as we speak to try and work out another date for him to come to SF and play for us.

As far as the party goes, I'd have to say that it was absolutely one of the best (if not the best) outdoor parties I have ever been to. Major Kudos to all who helped make this party such a beautiful experience for everyone who was there.

As far as the music goes, I'm not sure what it takes to move you Megan because I heard some of the best psychedelic trance that I've ever heard. Maybe it wasn't dark and evil but the production and the originality of the music was off the charts!! You know us g.o.a.Play kids we like our music positve, psychedelic, and happy ;o)

Phuture Primative's set was AMAZING beyond anything I could have ever expected. His sound was a blessing to the ears in this day of stale, unoriginal, cookie cutter, psytrance.

Triptych...HOLY SHIT! This my friends was
THE BEST LIVE PSYTRANCE SET I HAVE EVER HEARD (and I've heard alot). So fresh, so clean, so original, SOOOO PSYCHEDELIC! If your looking for a guranteed killer act to bring to your party, look no further than Triptych because he will blow you away.

Tetrameth brought the new psychedelic sound from Down Under! The Aussie sound is so tribal and different from anything I've ever heard before! I absolutely loved it and can't wait to hear more fresh beats coming from our Austrailian friends!

Stay tuned in the coming weeks and months for a possible anouncement regarding Bamboo Forest! Hopefully we can make this happen ;o)
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Oct 4, 2005 23:14
good to hear that, looking foward to seeing what comes of it all
Skeeve
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  38
Posted : Oct 4, 2005 23:24
This is the second time I've heard of Bamboo Forest missing a flight for a gig in the past few months. I know shit happens, but still not exactly confidence inspiring...
Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Posted : Oct 4, 2005 23:48
hiya! i like my music positive and PSYCHEDELIC too! i just found what Tryptich and Tetrameth played not very psychedelic (i was sleepin in the nite so can't say about that), but it was definitely groovy and funky. I felt the majority of people were wishing for something with a bit more energy.
but whatever, i'm not trying to argue about the music, just giving my own opinion based on my personal taste! it was a great weekend, everyone who attended had a beautiful time and left with smiles on their faces           Bringing Dreams to Life!
Pypedream
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Oct 5, 2005 06:56
Well. This party was a nice 30 minute drive from my house unless you followed the online directions. D'oh!

Excellent location - very trippy decorum and lots of eye candy. Phuture Primitive's set had me flashing back to the feeling I had when Earthling took the stage at Anixi. Unfortunately, that was the only deeply psychedelic moment for me (musically speaking). I got the impression that forest psychotrance would have been like water in the Sahara around 4 a.m. But I did see lots of smiles, a naked person here and there, and some interesting stage performances. The weather cooperated and I think a good time was had by all. Met people from as far as NY.

Megan clear your inbox I want to say hello.

Late.           ELECTRON EYES / MARK-EVAN (NOR. CAL)
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/MARK-EVAN
charles
Triptych

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Oct 5, 2005 20:29
Hello,

i was very happy to play there

since i m touring for my second album probably one of the best sound system i ve heard!

no words also for the place, simply amazing!

one of the best eclectic line up, interesting and various music, it's so nice to have this kind of festival with not only psy-trance psy-trance psy-trance...

i spoke to many people who enjoyed a lot the diversity (i wish they put some words here) even inside the psy-trance music we can be "psy-different" and be open to more alternative sound.
I can feel more and more those 2 sides, one side which expect more twisted energetic bouncy tunes(and what does mean energetic? i feel personnaly more energy these days in low bpm trancy music or even more housy and progressive one, it's just a matter of taste) and another side which find what they expect in another psychedelic way, with not only "classified psy-sound"

I think Psychedelism is more about a state of mind that about a kind of sound.

and thanx 1000 time to Paul, very pro, very friendly, very everything.... and thanx to tony and all the people involved in this beautiful event, keep up the good work!

"And i saw the angel come down unto me"

www.soleadmusic.com
psynthetic
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Oct 6, 2005 01:45
I agree with Charles completely on this one that psychedelic is a state of mind and is not brought on by a particular type of music.

I love and feel psychedelic with all different kinds of music, but the music I feel least psychedelic with is the type that so blatantly tries to be psychedelic by throwing everything including the kitchen sink at you. To me that takes away from the journey to find that psychedelic place in your mind because the music is so in the way that you aren't able to escape the full on barrage of sounds coming at you.

Whatever the case in my opinion this seperation has caused the scene more harm than it has good. We are trying to bring more and more music scenes together to increase our numbers instead of trying to achieve more seperation through what we believe is or isn't psychedelic music. That's why there were Live Bands, World Music, Breaks, Dark Psy, and Groovy Psy all at this one party. Something for everyone means that more people will be there to enjoy it all!

Expect more of the same from the g.o.a.Play camp in the future. This thing needs to pick back up the momentum that we had going 4 or 5 years ago instead of reverting back to these little clicks of punk like revolt that only serves those who are into 1 particular type of music.

And remember which collective started this whole dark psy movement in San Francisco when we brought Xenomorph to town in 2001. It wasn't cool then and nobody showed up for the party but now it's the coolest thing on the block and everything else sucks, WTF????
nicksynergy

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Oct 6, 2005 06:26
This was a nice festival. The location was amazing in pretty much every respect. The diversity of the music was rather refreshing as well - I didn't like everything I heard, but there was a lot of different stuff to hear. The deco and lighting was thoughtful and interesting. I was VERY pleased with the sound - when Rain busted out the Lish on Saturday, the bass just seemed to penetrate EVERYTHING. I missed most of the psytrance on Friday night (due to exhaustion), and I am disappointed with the apparent no-shows of Bamboo Forest and Bluetech, but Triptych completely saved the day - you ROCK, Charles!

Overall, this event was very worthwhile. Kudos to all who made it happen.
obu
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Oct 6, 2005 06:49
The location and setup for this party was just amazing, that sound system was beautiful! The lighting was awesome! I enjoyed most of the main stage antics, that last band before the trance started (for the life of me I can't remember their name) rocked it. Variety was nice.

Paul I really liked the way you built up your set from proggy into full on, well done man. Shannon's set was nice also. I liked KJ's set too, although I passed out mid way though.

Really really really upset at myself for missing Charle's set, it was nice talking with you man, sincerely wish you the best with your music, hope you can drink beer soon..hehe I heard too many good things about your set that morning.

Good things aside, I think the morning could have flowed a bit better, but hey it happens. I think I'm yearning for a trance party that has a good balance of night / full on (sorry to put labels but its the closest I could come up with), music that twists your brains at night and uplifts mind and body in the morning. I think the proggy would have been well appreciated after a good mornings and nights worth of trance. I think a proper flowing party is a better way to show new trancers the beauty of both styles. I can still remember the joys of a party that flowed beautifully from night into morning into daytime...Beautiful feeling...

I had a good time, definetly looking forward to the next one.

P.S. - Major bummer about Bamboo. Hope to catch him soon.

Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Posted : Oct 6, 2005 19:05
hey Paul, i didn't mean any defense man! i said your party was great i had a great time. i wasn't doing anything other than stating my subjective opinion on the music, what is the expression "different strokes for different folks" or something
keep on keepin on...
peace!           Bringing Dreams to Life!
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - g.o.a.Play & Friends Present *SYMBIOSIS GATHERING 2005* Sept 30-Oct 2 - A 3 day Outdoor in SF
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance