Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - FREq – Strange Attractors (Iboga 2004)
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

FREq – Strange Attractors (Iboga 2004)

russ
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Jul 13, 2004 07:24
Very strange. The tracks released on compilations were unbelievable--deep, kicking, and psychedelic. But the tracks chosen here are very fluffy. Don't know if he wrote too much music too quickly to release an album, or if Emok wanted and chose more melodic tracks for the album so it would sell better. FREq has huge potential and wicked production skills, but the album is a disappointment to me. Not deep enough, not serious enough.
TiMMY
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  100
Posted : Aug 23, 2005 19:13
A little late, I know.
I think it's a good album on the technical side, and brings a different feeling to the dancefloor.
But musically, it could've been much better (I.E: Son Kite? ).
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Aug 23, 2005 20:19
One of the best albums ever. pure breath taking art!           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
psy^soldier
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Aug 23, 2005 23:35
well this is a wonderfull albom full with emotions since this realse i didnt like anything from iboga that much and alot of artist are really copeying this style imo
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Aug 24, 2005 00:09
Melody does not equal bad in my opinion. In fact, melody equals good the way I see it, especially when it's done correctly and FREq has done a really good job here. I've owned it for quite some time now and I'm happy to say it has stand the test of time quite nicely. Keep it up FREq!           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Mr.Hanky
Ace Ventura

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Aug 24, 2005 17:29
Quote:

On 2005-08-24 00:09, Acidhive wrote:
Melody does not equal bad in my opinion. In fact, melody equals good the way I see it, especially when it's done correctly and FREq has done a really good job here.

i completley agree. some people may think of melodies like in "strange attractors" to be over the top,But imho FREq makes them sound psychedelic and not too "victorious".

i also agree with Russ that he has some weak points in the album and some better trax out on compis....

but even so this was a MASSIVE album and is a milestone in the progressive history for sure.
timsensient
Sensient

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Aug 24, 2005 22:17
Quote:

On 2005-08-23 23:35, psy^soldier wrote:
alot of artist are really copeying this style imo

yup
chong

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 24, 2005 22:56
people that think freq 's music was so unique and innovative should listen to some earlier progressive house music ...really no need to wonder who was the 1st to copy someone else's music style...
everybody's copying everybody... it's called inspiration... and every single musician in the world is going through this, some in a better and more intelligent way than others...
as an other exemple, tim's music reminds me a lot of the good old minimal that was going on 4 or 5 years ago, artists such as xv kilist , noma,walhalla, tripiatrik etc... the list can goes on... but let's be more polite and say that tim was inspired by them instead of just saying he just copied an already well established style...
imo!
Madpup
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Aug 25, 2005 01:21
Chong...Please name the older progressive house artists that Freq has copied. Also I have listened to a fair bit to all those artists, accept for Walhalla and to say that Freq copied them, well I have no idea how you can say that.

I think there can be a critisism for a lack of variety on the album, but i think his sound is very special, and certainly at the time of the release there was nothing like it around.
chong

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 25, 2005 02:24
i think u misunderstood me...
all i was saying is that every single musician is inspired by some others... and i find it more clever to say " they are inspired by" rather than " they are copying...", cause that reflects reality.
freq has been inspired by some prog house producers ( i'm thinking some old chris micali such as "l'evasion") as tim(sensient) has been obviously inspired by some older minimal music... that's just the way things are... or u can still say people copy each others, but thinking this way, then every single musician on earth is a rip off....
btw ,i have nothing against this album and did enjoyed it a lot at that time
psy^soldier

Offtopic posts:  3
Posted: Aug 25, 2005
so i dont really undestand what are you saying chong
x-noise inspierd by astrix ?!
come on
there is a big difrence
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Aug 25, 2005 23:16
Ah whatever. This is a great album, a real breeze to listen through. I like the fact that it is fluffy and melodic in parts, and there are certainly some deep moments as well. As for the question of style - well - here's the thing... you can tell when you are hearing a FREq track... those deep resonant rumbles, that particular style of kick he uses, the twist on those big melodies... it's exciting music. His style always stands out on a compilation, and a whole album of it also works pretty well. I'm sort of glad this debut isn't perfect - though I'd certainly shoot it something like an 8/10. It means the next one has the capacity to really satisfy people. Notice how when an artist drops a piece of perfection everything after that is scrambling to keep up with people's expectations? I think FREq has world opinion in just the right place to deliver a very well-received follow-up to this album.

Now I DJ as well and I've played the hell out of a lot of these tracks and they're always the ones that get the crowd going the most in a proggy set... feet don't lie, this is really really good music.
Elad
Tsabeat/Sattel Battle

Started Topics :  158
Posted : Aug 26, 2005 12:59
nothing much to say exept

MASTERPIECE           www.sattelbattle.com
http://yoavweinberg.weebly.com/
Dot Kite
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Aug 26, 2005 13:03
I have the feeling that people are hungry for more FREq releases....isn't it?

this thread is revived...and it seems, everybody wants something NEW and very FRESH from the Australian....

I m looking forward to listen what's new...

have fun
Tms
psy^soldier
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Aug 26, 2005 13:37
well me too
but after his albom his later releases were kind of dissapointment to me higher bpm more fullon sounds
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - FREq – Strange Attractors (Iboga 2004)
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance