Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Fatali - Faith ( YOYO / BNE RECORDS ) Jan. 2005
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Fatali - Faith ( YOYO / BNE RECORDS ) Jan. 2005

Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Feb 5, 2005 06:40
Eitan, your album is unbelievable... i havnt heard such emotion in psy since Juan Verdera... simply brilliant. i like the stories you tell!

was there anything that had a major influence on you to make Faith or any of the tracks in it?
Fatali
Fatali

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Feb 6, 2005 16:45
hey u all again! greetings from the coollldd portugal

thank u all again ! its a pleasure to read all of your comments , realy mean to me.
and -»va¤n .
well i let everything that happening in my life to influence on my music.. most of the times its after when i come back from a good party and i take all the vibes to the studio...

anyways i wish u a great weekend u all.
booom
Eitan.
Redlink
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Feb 6, 2005 18:15
great job Fatali!
I love this cd, amazing work u made here! So much heart and soul!
All the best luck to you, friend!           

Have a good time all the time!
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Feb 6, 2005 18:49
well full_on i disagree with you that this album is not as good as the first. i actually didnt like the first album so much... i thought it was trying to sound like other artists too much (not as good though) and not adding something new. i think this album has more indivduality to it. some tracks are too melodic for me... but overall its "ok" for home listening.

"On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Feb 6, 2005 19:05
I did what Fatali asked me to do: Took a listen to the whole album, from the 1st second to the last one, more than twice.

My opinion changed a little... Now I'm enjoying more the track Sleep On. My favorites are Sleep On, Faith (best track) and En Sof. The track Faith is really emotional, congratulations.

But IMO Hyper Love and Point of View are weak tracks.
Also I fell the track Natural to be too empty (what about a remix?). Hey, Fatali, where are the sample in this track from?

Can't understand all the hype about Deep Fatal Moment and Forever And Ever. Average tracks IMO.

So, Surrender, I agree with you that this album is good for home listening, but still I think it lacks psychedely. We have different tastes, since I prefer the Ananda Shake album, that you seem to dislike.

Anyway, it's all a matter of taste, and for a morning full on lover all the albums I mentioned in this thread must be known, so everyone can decide based on their own experiences and taste.
Respect!

...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Feb 6, 2005 19:47
i agree about not being psy enough... i also think its odd that fatali chose to take the well known "Chemical Brothers" font (maybe slightly varied) to use on his album cover...
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=4626
http://www.smackbomb.com/famousfonts/fonts/chemicalbrothers.html
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Deal

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Feb 6, 2005 23:08
its my taste
IndiAlien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Feb 10, 2005 00:08
Boom Eitan babaaaa !!!!

Very nice work on this album... some solid stories and no-bullshit rrrrreal emotion.
favs.... 1, 2, 4, 6, 10, 11....
It stands at par with the first album in my books.
Hope we don't have to wait for too long for another...
i'm sure u'll find loads of inspiration in goa

Boom Boom
q(@ _ @)p

there is a light that

flashes
Fatali
Fatali

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Feb 10, 2005 02:08
hey baba! thank u very much, yes! one week to goa!
im sure im gonna get loaadds of insipration.
thank's again

Eitan.
moon333

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Feb 10, 2005 04:36
Hey Eitan

i don't have words to describe your work

if i comoposed music i would do the same as you

i play your music every week and people just love it

keep the vibes

moon from morocco
charles
Triptych

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Feb 11, 2005 20:15
Quote:

On 2005-01-31 18:46, ovnimoon wrote:
i listen all the album, and i play some tracks , and well , for me is very nice album , very morning , no hard psy stuff, real trance spirit, is not the same music released all the time in many many labels, i like this album , much...

sorry my english!

ovnimoon
chile

Totally agree with my friend Ovnimoon!
A fresh and original album.
Always good to hear something different.
Lots of good ideas and very beautiful melodies.

nice work Eitan!!
          "And i saw the angel come down unto me"

www.soleadmusic.com
moondancer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Feb 13, 2005 23:45
1. Sleep on
2. I believe
3. Mind and soul
4. Natural
5. D Paradise
6. Faith
7. Deep fatal moment
8. Hyper love
9. Forever and ever
10. Point of view
11. En sof

So Fatali is back with a new album. The way I remember it, the full-on trend really exploded around the time he released Moments in 2003. So there's no prize for guessing that this is another israeli full-on album along the way. HOWEVER I must say that there are some pretty nice airy melodies which remind me of Yahel's Hallucinate album. And just like Hallucinate I find that this one REALLY depends on the context it's listened in to be enjoyed or hated... On a dancefloor it would be considered commercial but for home listening or listening in your car while driving on a sunny day this is DA BOMB!!

The break at 5:00 on the track Faith is a good example of this: beat stops, then an airy guitar comes in, then a soft breakbeat and some nice sytnh melodies in the background. If i heard this on the dancefloor it would probably want to make me puke but listen to it at home with headphones, close your eyes and imagine you're on a beach in a tropical island sipping your cocktail and watching the girls walk by... it sure does it for me!! Not really much sense in describing this album track by track cause it sounds very alike. Just one remark: the trademark rolling bassline is actually getting softer now! Maybe in a few months it will be abandoned alltogether?

Conclusion one of those albums where the context you listen to it is crucial in determining whether you like it or not. I can't really rate it since in some contexts I like it a LOT and in others I find this very cheezy... I'll just say this: If you liked Yahel - Hallucinate you'll probably like this too
          “I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it.”

Charles M. Schulz
psyreviews
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  71
Posted : Feb 24, 2005 00:51
Fatali
Faith
BNE/YoYo (Israel)

By his own admission on the interview Fatali did with Psyreviews (plug plug, linky linky, www.psyreviews.com/features) this album was written for playing at a big summer festival. And, regardless of your take on melodic fullon, you can’t argue with the fact that this CD is full-to-bursting of those dusty, sunshine vibes. Sleep On opens at a breezy 142bpm pace, with plenty of room between the sounds allowing them to breathe. Although it’s heavy on the melodies, there’s a great air of expectancy that this album is going to deliver more than the average – and when the tune kicks in and comes alive at around the six minute mark, it’s a finely-tuned piece of smile-on-the-face dance music. I Believe showcases what he’s great at doing – building up not to a huge breakdown, but an icy and spacious plateau (just like old trance folks) where the sounds seem to hang suspended from the sky. Mind & Soul works like more conventional melodic fullon, with a staggering midsection that’s up there with Silicon Sounds’ finest hour, while Natural takes in more melody and firmly gears itself at the crossover dancefloor. D Paradise is pure summer outdoor dancing material with a breakdown to meet the girl of your dreams by, and while the title track may be too saccharine for current (European) climes, by the time it’s summer that breakbeat midsection is going to sound mighty fine. Hyper Love comes in with a gnarlier, down-n-up-again groove, that sustains in a hypnotic, draws-ya-in way before a controlled explosion into an emotive burst of high-end lines that (sorry) will sound amazing on ecstasy, and Forever & Ever is just as emotive, end-of-movie as the title suggests. Point of View is perhaps his best on here – I’m staggered at how the sounds can be so effective in the way they move you, and retain this clean, glassy production… much more energy here than other producers. En Sof, chucked on as a bonus track at the end, steals some of the thunder from the end of the album, but it’s still a decent slice of fullon trance. Which I guess has to be said – while this is a great album, some will find it too melody-rich and lacking the harder edge that’s gaining ground at the moment. Faith is best viewed as a superlative example of energetic melodic trance, and a great case study for anyone with an interest in moving an audience with electronic music.

http://www.psyreviews.com

dj kzymodo

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Feb 24, 2005 21:42
Hi!!!!
great album . this album is morning & melodies . very nice .
www.psykitodpik.com
kzymodo@hotmail.com
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/djkzymodo
spectra
Spectra

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Feb 25, 2005 12:38
Israeli allways on top!!
Have FAITH on the melodiesheheh i love the album its great. Specially track 6 MR FATALI plsssssssss keep with the great work!!!
BIG BIG BOOOMs cya soon hopefully..
Kinho spectra
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Fatali - Faith ( YOYO / BNE RECORDS ) Jan. 2005
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance