Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Existence Dance Fetival 29-30-31dec 2006 to 1st jan 2007 Barcelona/Spain

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Existence Dance Fetival 29-30-31dec 2006 to 1st jan 2007 Barcelona/Spain

nyama
Nyama

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Jan 5, 2007 11:12
hey there,

i`ll try to write my first review about a festival, hope you`ll enjoy it:

the 29th dec:
me and my girlfriend went to barcelona sants estacio, which was the announced shuttle bus meeting point.. we were kinda early and so we sat down and waited for the promised guy with a sign for existence shuttle bus... nearly every 5mins new party ppl showed up and they were all very nice and happy... we got good company from all over the world (greece,lithuania,austria,brazil,india,etc)and waited until the announced time at noon, but nothing happened... the shuttle bus was non-existant J finally all the crowd took a bus which got to a village nearby and from there we proceeded with taxis (all the trip was like 6€ each including the taxi,so this wasnt that bad)...
when we showed up at the gate everyone was veeeery friendly and it took not much time til anyone got his bracelet, we went down to the party place and nearly finished building our tents, when security came and said we couldnt camp here (no signs, other camps nearby) so we had to move to another camping site... we finally finished building everything up again and waited for the music to begin...
the first night had an impressive line up for beginning a festival: LDB system started it all and played very nice,after that me and my ppl got to chillout in order to save some energy for Painkiller,Bliss,Astrix,Kali lives and BuzzT dj-set later on.. some spanish djs were playing that time in mainfloor.. the deco in mainfloor was very spare that evening, a biiig white tent, no backdrops, 3 objects of stringart and that it was ( nobody could know at that time, that deco would develop every day, but everyone i talked to wasnt satisfied at that point ).. the music after LDB system turned into israeli fullon copycat style (not an offence but i had to leave and come back later as I cant stand this style anyomore )
Painkiller blasted the dancefloor in the night ! amazing live! Bliss didnt surprise me and so i got back to chillout , where most of the time was played nice electro sounds by veeery good djs! (i have to point that out, because i normally dont listen to any electrostuff but really liked it the whole festival time).
Unfortunately I got really tired and so I had to go for sleep before astrix started his live, but my greek company was there and told that it was quite a nice one. The surprise of that night was Buzz T dj-set, as he blew the minds away with some really cool dark tunes!

The 30th dec:
We got up and there was ice on our tents (in the night it wasn’t that cold for me, because of several blankets and a sleepingbag,so I was kinda surprised by the freezing …
We went for chillout tent again in order to get some heating, but the heaters ran with fuel and the organizers went out of it that night (later that day, they got new fuel and also some more heaters for the night)… ok, so get a coffee and maybe some chai…
After that we checked the whole place again and sat down near the mainfloor in order to catch some sun and listen to Atomic pulse and Echotek lives… Echotek played a really nice style, something between progressive and fullon.. really nice sounds for the morning…
After he finished his set we got back to chillout and relaxed there sometime, as there was a break on mainfloor from 3 to 8.30pm ..
That night there happened something in chillout I cant express very good:
There was this older guy with glasses, beard and long dreadlocks, who began his set with a voicesample from “always look on th bright side of life” and who really burned the chillout floor afterwards with an amazing electro-set!! Totally awesome mixing skills and that’s what I call a DJ,cause he really had a connection to the crowd.. I was short time in mainfloor, but the music was way better in chillout… (who could imagine that??!?!?! )
After some shrooms and lots of gin tonic I had to go sleep later that night….

The 31dec:
Got up in order to see chromosome playin live in the morning, as my greek company told me, they will play lots of unreleased stuff.. Takaya who played behind was really nice also…
Then we passed the day with hanging around and talking to lots of other ppl,eating, sitting in the sun and preparing for NYE.. we joined the chillout in the evening and heared some nice chillout tunes by anahata and don ziggy..
We got to mainfloor and I was really surprised as the deco looked totally different from that on day one,everything was settled that night it looked really awesome…
at newyears the crowd was going wild, applausing, screaming,wishing everyone a happy new year and got an impressive show by Psynema, who showed visuals from all the festivals 2006.. it was really,really taking you away,back to memories…. NICE!!
Toxic afterwards didn’t satisfy me, so I had to walk around a bit as there was a break announced in chillout from 0 – 4 am.. to my surprise, that break was filled by this amazing old guy again and guess what?! he and some other guy blew the dancefloor again with an amazing back2back electro-set… really,really good stuff (does anyone know this guy?? I have to talk to him)
Kuntact, Khopat, Fiuzz and Menog destroyed the dancefloor meanwhile, a really dark and twisted night , with lots of power and psychedelics!!!

The 1st jan:
In the morning there were lives by Fatali, Astral Projection and Andromeda who finally ended the mainfloor.. that was the best time in mainfloor for me and my ppl, as they opened up the sides of the tent, let some sun in and a crowd about 1000ppl dancing their asses off…
Astral Projection played many old tunes, some fresh ones and all in all a really good liveset!
But the absolute highlight for me was Andromeda ending it all up… (like told before normally not for 2cents my kinda style)… he played for longer than announced and after he finished everybody seemed satisfied..
I had to leave then, because of the shuttle bus which got us back to barcelona at 4pm.. this one showed up at the announced time and as I heard the shutlle bus which should have taken us to the festival was existant too, but a bit later as announced at sants estacio.. so, the first days lacked of organisation, but with some distance to the festival that didn’t matter, cause of one of the best vibes I`ve ever experienced and the caring orga, which was trying to fix the problems all the time… I think they managed a really good first festival! Maybe next time, you`ll try out the summer season as the nights were freaking cold, get some more restaurants and better prices (4€ for half a pizza from the freezer of lidl isnt a good price)

Big thx to Sindar Orgs, you did an amazing job!keep this good work going!
boOM
rajatrao6
Inactive User
Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jan 5, 2007 13:00
Did Anahata play a full-on set as well?

And did Puzzle play at this festival? Need reviews on Puzzle specefically please if he did play. Thanks
nyama
Nyama

Posted : Jan 5, 2007 15:11
Quote:

On 2007-01-05 13:00, rajatrao6 wrote:
Did Anahata play a full-on set as well?

And did Puzzle play at this festival? Need reviews on Puzzle specefically please if he did play. Thanks

hey...

havent been at the mainfloor the time anahata played there, but i guess so.. he played twice, once in chillout and on mainfloor..
puzzle didnt play at existence (concerning timetable, as there werent announced any changes)...

regards...
maux
Mauxuam

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Jan 5, 2007 15:32
Quote:

On 2007-01-05 11:12, X.tract wrote:
That night there happened something in chillout I cant express very good:
There was this older guy with glasses, beard and long dreadlocks, who began his set with a voicesample from “always look on th bright side of life” and who really burned the chillout floor afterwards with an amazing electro-set!! Totally awesome mixing skills and that’s what I call a DJ,cause he really had a connection to the crowd.. I was short time in mainfloor, but the music was way better in chillout… (who could imagine that??!?!?! )

tnx X.tract...that older guy was me...
I was a trance dj when I was younger...before getting bored of banging trance.
I enjoyed my set a lot...really happy that you and the crowd enjoyed it too...we had a good connection.           "There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain will never improve, and that's here." Aldus
Josko

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jan 5, 2007 15:33
The ''old'' guy (ahahahaah) with black long dreadlocks was maurizio ''mauxuam'' and hes been playing b2b with me from midnight to 2 and perhaps was more breakbeat than electro.. Then i played a couple of hour alone..more minimal heady..almost techno.
Mauxuam is a talented musician, and was the first time we played together..
I think was great..           ____________________________
www.myspace.com/giorgiogatti
maux
Mauxuam

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Jan 5, 2007 15:36
ciao Josko...our b2b was killer...I really enjoyed that....let's do it again...and again.           "There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain will never improve, and that's here." Aldus
Orlandooo

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 5, 2007 16:13
I can asure you that the org made a hard hard work to resolve all the little problems to make a better festival for all people Im happy that all people feel the energy there.

* Örlandooo *
www.orlandooo-things.net
:limited edition cloth::
nyama
Nyama

Posted : Jan 5, 2007 16:31
Quote:

On 2007-01-05 15:32, maux wrote:

tnx X.tract...that older guy was me...
I was a trance dj when I was younger...before getting bored of banging trance.
I enjoyed my set a lot...really happy that you and the crowd enjoyed it too...we had a good connection.

yeah, it was great! big thx for this experience thats what i wanted to say to you can i get a set of yours in the net?

@josko:
thx for defining which kinda electro-techno-breakbeat-style you played... it was unbelievable good that night at "chill"floor! great show!

is there a possibility to get a set of you as well?

@orlandooo:
yes, thats what i wanted to express also...

Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Jan 5, 2007 18:19
Aaanyway...glad the comments about the chill are positive, huge thanks to Josko, Maux, Zeon, Massimo Nova, Nick Tripswitch, Greg Hunter...and many more.
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
Jasjit

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jan 5, 2007 21:27
well its review time and here is mine:

i travelled alone from dubai for this festival and i have to say that the friendly vibe and the amazing people at the festival never made me feel i was there all alone by myself:

29th Dec:
i reached barcelona airport at 9:30 in the morning but to my disappointmenyt KLM delayed my luggae for 6 hours and i only received it by 3:30 in the evening. at the time i thought it was too late to get the shuttle bus so i had to catch a cab to the festival with the most amazing cabby who dint speak english but went out of his way to get me to existence by 4:30 and he really did. At the gate i was thrilled to meet my dear buddy FILIPE AKA DJ KUNTACT and from there onwards i got my band and the festival for me began. Looking for a place to camp I was about to pitch my tent when a crew came and said we couldnt put it there and had to move to the other side. In the words of a GERMAN buddy i met there i Was trully a LUCKY GUY as i had not opened my tent but the others had to move theirs. Finally after pitching the tent i got to know my rusiian and swedish neighbours and started to get ready for the big blast off. Till the midnight i was hanging by my tent getting to know and meet the friendly people and hanging out at the market and the chikll out tent which without doubt had the most beautiful vibe to it i have felt in a long time.

30th Dec 01.00am
I made my way to the dancefloor alone as Painkiller started wearing my RED SANTA HAT at the momenty where I had the most amazing experience. Bumping into an online friend who ive never seen before. It was crazy and thank you so much estelle for the wonderful time. Painkiller was awesome, bliss started with goblin fever and the trip just took off. Buzz T Was great too but at the end i was waiting for the king and ASTRIX REALLY KILLED THE FLOOR. from right in front of the stage a killer view and some lovely sounds that ive been listening yto quite a while. it was amazing. then finally some good taste of some dark with Mr. KALI. But before he started i had to head back to my tent which was iced by the moening and such a cold specially being and Indian living in dubai i was not prepared for so head back to the dancefloor where i even experience some atomic pulse. The rest of the day i tried to sleep off and at the night tried to be in the chill out tent as could not go back to the tent and was very tired for lack of sleep.

31st Dec.
REALLY wanted to be there to catch sungirl, im not too sure if she even played but if she did i missed it as my sleep did not break in time. Managed to catch a little bit of oforia which is absolutely a delight to dance to and dali instead which i beleive was not the best of music ive heard. The rest of the day i spend bonding with my nieghbours and all the people i bumped into striking conversations. Making sum maggi noodles, relaxing in the sun as much as i could and most inportantly in the chill out tent which was the most peaceful place in heaven i beleived.

1st dec: 00.20am
Around 8 in the evening i actually got some sleep and actually slept thourhgout midnight which made miss the psynema which i heard was magnificent but was on the floor for toxic, as i was longing for it for he is such a good artist. Then came my dear buddy KUNTACT who plays some brilliant night music and i was so surprised and thrill to hear him do some good dark tunes also. such a smille on my face to listen to that lovely music. khopat after that was brilliant and so was FUZZ hope im getting it right. THEN came mr. menog again lovely tunes which ive heard and i was eagerly awaiting for the sunrise infact dancing outside the floor in the open cold. IT WAS JUST THR BEST THING TO DO AT THE TIME. DANCING IN THE OPEN, WAITING FOR THE SUN, STRIKING CONVERSATIONS AND THEN I SAW THAT FIRST LIGHT OF THE NEW YEAR. wishing well to everyone, i felt sad as i knew it was time to go back home now.

in the morning i said goodbye to everyone i knew and packed and left with my neighbours and the german buddy who kept on calling me lucky guy.

at the end all ill say is, sindar crew, thanks for the wonderful event and hope uyou can do the same again next year. People at existence, well you made my trip and distance of travel worthwhile for the festival. IVE NEVER HAD A BETTER TIME. Filipe, estelle, peter, carl, amders and all my friends i met there, tahnk you very much for your company.

would love to see you again. will be posting up the pictures and videos soon.

see u all next year
          And Remember
Its the Music In U
soulfood
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jan 6, 2007 16:47
This really was a nice festival. Good vibes all the way. The best night for me was seeing back to mars, tamiris and moira on the main floor, once again proving that the ladies have something about them when it comes to trance. I hope this becomes a regular thing as it really is a great way to start a new year.

I heard this amazing track with this soaring female vocal, once on the second night then on the third night and the morning of the 1st january. Blew me away everytime. Beuatifully moody and atmospheric, great for enchanting nights and deep mornings. If anyone can make anything from this vague description I'll be most greatful. Or better still does anyone have any set lists for any of the dj's on ladies night?
fairystel

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 6, 2007 19:20
review posted in
http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/90900/forum/53/start/210
Back to Mars

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jan 7, 2007 17:19
Really nice festival! We had a great time, from the freezing cold to the Spanish sunshine.. The vibe was excellent, only nice people around
Thanks soulfood for you nice comment, I'll see if I can remember the tracks I played and will post the tracklist over here.
All the best!
KakoOlalaJwal
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Jan 10, 2007 12:24
Some quick few highlights :

Massimo Nova's set.. Simply stunning !

Josko vs. Greg Hunter's minimal-mellow-shanti-boombastic improvisation.. Unique !

Justin's short appearance but long ennuf to drop in bombas like the Evil Nine one

Takaya, Zeon, Nuño for the swishy swashy phunked up beatz

Nick Tripswitch & Greg unter for super music, especially when you were pushing it a bit harder.

Mauxam & Midi-Terranean.. Machines & guitar combos !

Ott's good vibes and impressive mastery..

Music 4 the Head (I think..) for playing the Youth vs. Abakus' "Spiritual Being" in the end of his set. It was the first time I was hearing it on big sound-system and.. Wow !

The others too, many many many good moments in this chill out !

But.. but but.. Gaudi is the one that blew my mind.. Incredibly-fantastico-smashing-dubbed-out-breakz-with-THE-bassline.. And super vibes ! And for Jammin', of course.. The balance between dancers and laying down people suddenly reversed, hehe !

"Get your dose of BoOgie !"

http://www.bunkum-records.com
http://www.myspace.com/zekakoo
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Jan 10, 2007 17:07
Quote:

On 2007-01-10 12:24, KakoOlalaJwal wrote:
Some quick few highlights :

Justin's short appearance but long ennuf to drop in bombas like the Evil Nine one

Cheers Arnaud...I just wish I wasn't that tired, sorry for the rest of the people who as well came to ask me why my set was so short, the lack of sleep and the 3 previous sets I played before played a part in this slightly negative issue.
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Existence Dance Fetival 29-30-31dec 2006 to 1st jan 2007 Barcelona/Spain

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance