Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Entropy - Purple People (Doof Records, 2006)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Entropy - Purple People (Doof Records, 2006)

Electrip
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jul 13, 2006 16:16
Hey guys,
u'r about to witness my first review ever, so at the end any critisizem is welcomed.

any of u who's a bit into the "darker" realms of trance will know this couple, Omer and Pitt,
this 2 are wicked and they have a pretty unique style that will tear up any dancefloor there is.
so let journy begin..

TrackList:
1-Middel End
2-Super Duper
3-Sample This
4-Purple People
5-GreenWood
6-Who Wants Cracker
7-Trick Or Trip
8-Cat Fight
9-Trancformer
10-grab

Middel End;

The first track of this album is not quite goes as expected,
A faded kick acompnied with a big snare starts up slow, this is not how a typical dark track begins,
But it's all becoming clearer now, a small break deliver us the baseline, this track seems very constructive but then BAM, a naaasty lead
Goes in and it begins, total maddness at the first track with a MASSIVE entropy's style bassline.
An exciting first track, let see what's up next.

Super Duper;

A tiny intro with an echoed kick doesn't reflect what gonna happen a second later.
Again a bassline the cuts in u'r head like samurai sword start a track with acid all over, reversed kicks,
breaks that u just can't help but moving u'r head like a psychonaut.
the maddness last untill the 5 minute mark and tbh, the last 3 minutes are a kinda boring.
just if they could make the track a bit less intense but more intersting by spreading the intensity through the whole track.

Sample This;

I don't know why but the name of this track sounds good.
A cartoon like or video game like sounds are hovering all over accompanied with a verry wierd but cool bassline.
"i'll tell u 1 thing that i never told ---- the only thing that counts is the end of the hour",
sorry i couldn't really get what this guy is saying on the sample
But that's not what importent, a great track with a great ending i love it!.

Purple People;

Here we go with the 4th track, the title track.
A spacy pad begins building up the launch, everything is prepared, it's sounds like a buildup of a morning track but with a twist,
a dark twist, and here we go an hypnotic and monotonic bassline begins to beat like hell with an electric sounds all over.
this track is full of breaks and bassline switching,
not quite for home listening, but a REAL dancefloor smasher.

GreenWood;

A typical entropy style with a sample discussing psychedelic deliver us the best bassline so far.
i just can't hold still, 1:06 DAMN that was niceee,
a break that hold you like a a slow motion scene from matrix reloaded.
Ok it's time to admit, i'm getting a bit tired with the bassline switching, it was so good untill it switched into this slow and boring bassline.
But it's forgive cause after 30 second the maddness is back on track.
awesommmmmeeeeeee track.

Who Wants Cracker?:

A classic intro with a guiter like synth that could of develope in so many diffrent ways choose to go to the EVIL side.
a big industrial bassline starts pumping.
i feel like i'm on a speeding mind train going up wayyy high to the sky.
a teasing lead starts and stop, in 1:40 a pad starts in the background, something that i didn't heard in formar tracks, but i know it's the begining of something.
all over a sudden a guiter line is played, accompanied with a syntethic sounds aside.
the oforia is over, let's get back into hell.

very nice.

Trick Or Trip ;

heh, imagine a small boy rings in u'r bell in Halloween and asks for a trip, would u give him?
just a thought.

let's begin..

not a brilliant intro, and the bassline is not aswell.
but it develops slowly, a bubble sound appears in the 53 mark and a bigger bassline joins the party.
it keeps on developing untill we reach the acid stage.
hmm, the least favourite track by far, it lacks of intensity as the previous tracks.

Cats Fight ;

miao hatulaaaaaaa
don't mind this

starts with a echoed sample everything is quite static untill we reach 1:53, and for me this is where the track begins
damn this bassline can drive the coolest man insane, it sits very comfortably with the lead, very nice!.
a massive 1, the last track was a slip, but their back on track.

Trancformer ;

what a jumpy start, it's like the whole world is jumping joyfully.
yey this is quite fun!
oh shit i forgot, i'm not in disneyworld, i'm in entropyworld ohh this is fassssttt
all of a sudden pleaase slow this down!!!oh here is the savior- 1:54,
he make the bassline relax by removing a few notes.
now it's just a very tippy ride with acidic lines and electronic demons all over..
creepyyy.

Grab ;

what the hell? we're done already?
oh well.. let's see what's they have planned for the great final`e.

*kick kick kick kick kick kick kikikikick*

a very fast phased bassline begins, this is like 150+ bpm i assume.
a stereo synth is jumping beteewn 1 ear to other, and every few second a new sound is added.
the resault is- untill we got to 5:04, this track go ballistic.
put u'r psycho helmets on before hearing this track cause u'll need it!.

last words- OK, so what we have in here?
A dancefloor monster, for real.. any dj who will put it will push the crowed to the limits.
as for home listening, i guess alot of people will enjoy it because there's something about the bassline
and the sounds the make u wanna hear more.

a great cover, psychedelic as hell.

a very nice 2nd album, way to go entropy u rock.
splinter
Splinter / Kode Six

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Jul 14, 2006 01:54
fucking amazing album!
StrezZ
Strezz

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 14, 2006 11:07
this Great albom !!! like all track's !!!
Entropy never stop
Stash
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  58
Posted : Jul 16, 2006 18:12
well a good album......but IMO the first album 'The Second Law of Thermodynamics' was better
          At the end there is a DOOR & waiting for you on the other side of that door is either HEAVEN or HELL
LigaLize
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Jul 16, 2006 18:30
too darky cd...           Dance is - As a matter of fact, socially admissible public analogue of the sexual act :)
http://www.myspace.com/djligalize
goaren
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posted : Jul 17, 2006 16:28
wicked sounds... the dark side of israel is really kicking lately... i just hope panayota also releases an album soon
Noise Poison Records
Noise Poison Records

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Jul 18, 2006 14:58
ahhhhhhhhh ... another typical extreme doofy Doof release spangles my collection from now on!

Those sympathic israelis Pit and Omer possibly the artistduo stands, beside Zirkin, the most for this uncompromising doof style the labelpolitics pursuates from the start up. And I am so excited that they follow strict their idea in music, and developed their production, that I ensure to everybody who liked their first album "'The Second Law of Thermodynamics", will love this one too.
Even more techy and a maybe not so healthy dose of acids too ... ;:))... implemented as in Zirkin’s album, but those musicians convince with a tricky samplework and so much little gimmicks packed in their hard pumping robe, makes me smiling each time I taste another acidridden trip of them. No track here I don't like or wouldn't play, and from what artistalbum we can say this nowadays. Killer work dudes, and as I mentioned before I am more than happy that these guys follow their strict way in musicproduction. Thanks you Pit & Omer, Killer work!!!

favs
2,4,6,8,9           I just came out, cause it seems there was a noise outside ! .... added to Parvati Records rooster .. check webside !!!
http://www.parvati-records.com
http://www.noise-poison.com
http://www.myspace.com/dj_ilse
igo420

Posted : Jul 18, 2006 16:14
killeeer!

morgon

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 19, 2006 05:17
yeea!!!
doof rec rulez!

entropy and double rel!!!
-PsyChoMat-

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 21, 2006 02:28
WoW

what great album....

keep this wonderfull job pit and omer u r the best !
Elad
Tsabeat/Sattel Battle

Started Topics :  158
Posted : Jul 22, 2006 19:37
very good heavy night music
          www.sattelbattle.com
http://yoavweinberg.weebly.com/
Dai
IsraTrance Junior Member
Dai aka Amatti

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jul 22, 2006 19:44
I just cant stop listening to it, heavy funky entropy at its best.
Track 6 has surprising nirvana song sample...
F**king brilliant danceable music.
          Tell me what you listen, and I'll tell you what you are.
http://www.brainbusters.info
http://www.psytribe.com
Sprinter
Sprinter

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jul 22, 2006 21:09
-Omer and Pitt-
COOL albom!!!
i lake
splinter
Splinter / Kode Six

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Jul 23, 2006 12:25
cant stop playing this on da floor...its sick sick sick...

this si what happens when u stick sick ass bass and sick ass leads together..nonstop ride...
Manchiz

Posted : Jul 24, 2006 13:34
Great for the night ...
Amazin !
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Entropy - Purple People (Doof Records, 2006)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance