Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Electrypnose - Le Tireur De Ficelles (Peak Records 2006) CD

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Electrypnose - Le Tireur De Ficelles (Peak Records 2006) CD

DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Mar 7, 2006 19:10
Electrypnose - Le Tireur De Ficelles

Cover: http://tinyurl.com/r8yqa + http://tinyurl.com/lcono

Artist: Electrypnose (Switzerland)
Title: Le Tireur De Ficelles
Format: CD (jewel case)
Label: Peak Records (Switzerland)
Cat. #: PR008
Distribution: Arabesque
Date: March 2006

Track listing:

01. 06’57” Electrypnose - The Handler
02. 06’46” Electrypnose - Gidi Fake
03. 07’43” Electrypnose - Niapo
04. 07’41” Electrypnose - B2P2
05. 08’52” Elendil - Oz (Electrypnose Remix)
06. 06’25” Electrypnose - Stupid Moons
07. 06’33” Electrypnose - Disfunction
08. 07’27” Cerebral Factory – Cerebral Factory
09. 08’05” Electrypnose - Le Tireur De Ficelles
10. 07’02” Electrypnose - Brain Surgery
11. 03’19” Electrypnose - Bas Les Masques

.m3u-playlist: http://tinyurl.com/fj8r3 (all tracks!)

Review:

The Puppet Master…

Swiss power house label Peak Records is out with its 8th release which doubles as the first full artist album… And who better to do the honours, than fellow Swiss resident Electrypnose? Vince Le Barde has yet to let me down, and in my reviews over the years I’ve often praised him for his unique, unconformity, underground psytrance… The debut album Brain Stretching released in 2005 by ResonantEarth.com was a blast and every single compilation track I’ve heard from Vince has kicked some royal ass… So hell yeah, I’m excited about this second album… Let’s dig in!

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: Electrypnose - The Handler [148 BPM]
“The years he spent in isolation have not equipped him with the tools necessary to judge right from wrong. He's had no contacts. He's been completely without guidance. Furthermore, his work, the garden sculptures, hairstyles and so forth, indicates that he's a highly imaginative character. It seems clear that his awareness of what we call reality is radically underdeveloped!” The opening track sets the mood with some eerie, haunting church bells sampled to oblivion… A lengthy and trippy sample from Edward Scissorhands adds to the spooky atmosphere and after a couple of minutes we’re complete soaked into the eerie world of Electrypnose… Edgy, eerie and dark – but with enough acid bits and pieces to keep me entertained… Brilliant!

#02: Electrypnose - Gidi Fake [146 BPM]
“Doctor, we have a successful fusion of reaction! […] Everyone here is mad. I'm mad, you're mad; it's only by chance or careful planning if you're not. How do you know I'm mad? Because you're here, and everyone here, is mad!” The next tracks samples Alice In Wonderland which is altogether one of the most trippy stories ever… The acid-level has been raised, and we’re in full-blown night trance territory now… Heavily syncopated acid-stabs make out the base of track and they are surrounded by all kinds of twirling FX and computer game samples… Mad indeed, but oooh so good…

#03: Electrypnose – Niapo [148 BPM]
“Here’s Johnny!” Another weird-as-fuck IDM intro turns into trademark Electrypnose psychedelia… I swear there are more layers here than I dare to count – and the trip factor is off the chart! Hell yeah, this is like Derango vs. Procs vs. Aphex Twin vs. Autechre… Can you imagine that combo? Well, listen to this track and sample the sweet nectar of sonic LSD! Intense yes, but totally trip-tastic too… I’m digging this track loads!

#04: Electrypnose - B2P2 [147 BPM]
“You helped me get here, but my question is ‘why’? Where is this going? Where does it end? I don't know. You don't know, or you won't tell me? I told you before, no one can see beyond a choice they don't understand. And I mean no one. What choice? It doesn't matter!” This is less weird, but we’re still deep in the Swiss underground… The acid is flowing freely and we’re exposed to a lethal dose of heavily tweaked synth lines, digital drops and electronic farts… The energy level is simply impressive and I double dare anyone not to move to this… The samples from The Matrix Revolutions are not too original, but I guess they are kinda retro-cool… Not the most exciting track here, but it’s still a solid, wholesome piece of Electrypnose wizardry… ;o)

#05: Elendil - Oz (Electrypnose Remix) [148 BPM]
Elendil is an unsigned Swiss project by one of Vince’s mates… As a frequent guest in the Electrypnose studios, this local act caught Vince’s attention with this track – so it was decided that a remix would fit this album…. And I agree! I haven’t heard the original, so I can’t really tell what was changed, but what we’re left with here is a nice little acid-ripper of a night track… Nothing too complicated is going on here – it’s just good old-fashioned psytrance packed with twirling acid-lines and medieval melodies… I guess in a way, this is similar to The Misted Muppet – only darker! So yeah, this is perhaps the most melodic track off the album, so in a sense we’re kinda chilling out here… Chilling out at 148 beats per minute that is… It took me a while to fully appreciate, but now I dig it – and it’s just example of Vince’s diverse musical talent...

#06: Electrypnose - Stupid Moons [149 BPM]
After the melodic ‘break’ it’s time for some more underground madness… The rhythm section here is totally irregular – and a lot of fun! Good luck mixing this one! As always, Vince relies heavily on sampling and within the first couple of minutes there are at least 15 samples from all kinds of genres, movies, etc… Multi-coloured, multi-fragmented, multi-climactic and multi-playful psy-trance… Rich, diverse and instantly rewarding… Sweet!

#07: Electrypnose – Disfunction [148 BPM]
The next track picks up right where the previous one left off… The irregular IDM-beats create the unique, oddball Electrypnose ambience which is totally trippy… And this is as much a tour de force into percussion trickery as it is a venture in trippy, acid-ridden shroom-trance… Highly intense, but in the right setting this is a classic in the making… Nicey nice!

#08: Cerebral Factory – Cerebral Factory [150 BPM]
As with the Elendil project, Cerebral Factory is a local project… It’s started during a workshop session where Vince hooked up with a couple of Swiss guys called Karash & Noon… It’s obvious that other people worked on this track, as it has a bunch of new musical influences… But basically it’s deep, dark, fast-paced Electrypnose trance… Riddled in acid-lines and constantly evolving within a framework of playful night-trance… Reminds me of Penta somehow… A great track, though maybe a tad too fast during a couple of passages…

#09: Electrypnose - Le Tireur De Ficelles [150 BPM]
Enter the puppet master – or Le Marionettiste as portrayed on the cover… And holy shit, what a track!! The tribal intro is as scary as it is hypnotizing – like an ancient, tribal version of The Delta… Add some razor-sharp electro trickery + a mean ass bassline, and you’ll get the idea… Damn, this is eeeeevil… Weird, sick and twisted… I love it! Stellar track!

#10: Electrypnose - Brain Surgery [151 BPM]
“Demons stay in Hell, huh? …Tell them that!” And if you thought that was fast, just wait until you listen to this sinister piece of devilish terror-trance… Usually I get easily bored with stuff above 150 bpm, but somehow Vince manages to make it eclectic and continuously interesting… And that’s exactly the case with this ghostly choon… Sure, it’s fast but it’s also in constant evolution, ensuring a safe passage to the netherworld… I have to be in the right mood though, to fully appreciate this… But when I am, it rocks!

#11: Electrypnose - Bas Les Masques [193 BPM]
The French worded title literally translates into ‘remove your masks’ which is the traditional saying during the end of the Venice Carnival… But apparently it also has an ambiguous meaning in French police talk, meaning something along the lines of ‘stop playing roles’. Anyway, maybe you’re wondering if I typed the wrong BPM count here. But I can assure you, I didn’t… This is in essence an atmospheric chill-out track, but due to the usage of complicated and irregular drill&bass/AFX’esque beat programming it has an incredible high count… Reminiscent of the Murmures Des Ombres track – and this is basically the most interesting chill-out track I’ve heard in ages… What an amazing way to end this remarkable album!

I hate to repeat myself, but Vince never lets me down! And this album is no exception – it’s real fucking sweet and it’s going to be a strong contender for the ‘darkpsy’ album of they year 2006. But simply calling it dark psy is not cutting it! This crosses well over into all kinds of genres, from über-dark techno, over eclectic IDM, to melodic and edgy full-power dance music! And that’s exactly what I love about it - the unique, unconformity, underground sound of Electrypnose! If there ever was rich, unique psytrance, this is it! Hooray for musical diversity!

As usual, Peak Records presents some really classy artwork – and this album looks so great on my shelf… All in all, I’ll give this album my highest recommendations… There’s an influx of awesome tracks, and even the tracks which doesn’t stand out are pretty damn solid… A safe buy for Electrypnose/Peak Records fans as well as fans of genre-bending psytrance…Enjoy!

Favourites: 1, 2, 3(!), 5, 6, 7, 9(!!), 10, 11(!)

DeathPosture

External links:
Peak Records: http://www.peaking-goddess.com
Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/release/634424
TranceShop: http://tinyurl.com/fqzcy
Discobole: http://tinyurl.com/ec4mk
Wirikuta: http://tinyurl.com/zzocx
Psyshop: http://tinyurl.com/kb342
Ajuca: http://tinyurl.com/fu6nu
Saiko: http://tinyurl.com/gqcpp
Chaos: http://tinyurl.com/jeuds
Juno: http://tinyurl.com/l79x3

On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
Infecter Geka

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Mar 7, 2006 20:19
cool review & cool album!!!
Electrip
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Mar 7, 2006 22:27
seems like a very UNIQUE album above all.
very tempting review, thanks DP!
Methodic Marble
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Mar 14, 2006 08:59
Really love this album.........ALL TRACKS ARE GREAT.........

9|10~:)
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Mar 14, 2006 15:33
This is a great release! Innovating, psychedelic, hallucinogenic, creepy and fun!
the-hq

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Mar 14, 2006 18:41
Vince did a really great live-set here on Saturday! This nice guy is really gonna bring some dancefloors to their maximum levels. book him           .o° welcome to the 6o4th dimension °o.
Adigroovy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Mar 14, 2006 22:02
Listening all the afternoon, and I can just say wow, it´s AMAZING ALBUM.
Ghost Host
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Mar 14, 2006 22:48
Fantastic story & qality of da sound

really looking forward to make rmx on "ornic"
Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : Mar 20, 2006 15:27
Quote:

On 2006-03-07 19:10, DeathPosture wrote:
I hate to repeat myself, but Vince never lets me down! And this album is no exception – it’s real fucking sweet and it’s going to be a strong contender for the ‘darkpsy’ album of they year 2006. But simply calling it dark psy is not cutting it! This crosses well over into all kinds of genres, from über-dark techno, over eclectic IDM, to melodic and edgy full-power dance music! And that’s exactly what I love about it - the unique, unconformity, underground sound of Electrypnose! If there ever was rich, unique psytrance, this is it! Hooray for musical diversity!

As usual, Peak Records presents some really classy artwork – and this album looks so great on my shelf… All in all, I’ll give this album my highest recommendations… There’s an influx of awesome tracks, and even the tracks which doesn’t stand out are pretty damn solid… A safe buy for Electrypnose/Peak Records fans as well as fans of genre-bending psytrance…Enjoy!

couldn't put it better!
i agree with every word of yours, DP, Electrypnose Le Tireur De Ficelles is a serious contender for the darkpsy album of 2006. i can almost guarantee that not too many albums in this genre can beat this one.
one thing though: imo 148-151 bpm is too fast. i think that most of the tracks, especially the melodic ones, would sound better on 146, not more.
anyway, so many tracks i like here: 1(!), 3, 4(!), 5, 6, 7, 9(!), and 11(!). very recommended

SofiaX
SofiaX

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Mar 21, 2006 11:07
Perfect album !!!
My friend Gaspard, best wishes with this release

www.myspace.com/djane_sofiax
http://spaces.msn.com/sofiaxfairy
www.magnetikagency.com
Mental Cruelty Records
www.moonsun-records.com
www.geomagnetic.tv
www.psybertribe.org
www.insomnia-records.ru
www.discovalleyrecords.com
Takuan"the pickled radish"

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Mar 22, 2006 18:48
perfect indeed i LOVE this cd
Star-Trooper
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Mar 23, 2006 17:08
now give me some Chill!!!!!           To Infinity And Beyond!
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Mar 23, 2006 17:19
Quote:

On 2006-03-23 17:08, Star-Trooper wrote:
now give me some Chill!!!!!

Indeed. His release on "A Magical Journey" is amazing and mysterius. Truly a deep floating track fromn the oher side of reality.
Ajana Records
Ajana Records

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Mar 23, 2006 18:24
Quote:

On 2006-03-23 17:08, Star-Trooper wrote:
now give me some Chill!!!!!

We are working on it at this very moment, more info will follow soon. You can expect a full length album from Electrypnose this summer.

Mouka           www.ajana-records.com
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : Mar 24, 2006 15:06
wohoooo thats news .. vince's chill tracks are deep mesmerising and as psytones rightly said ' from the other side of reality ' ...

This album kicked ass as expected .. roumba dumba dumb           missing plug-in
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Electrypnose - Le Tireur De Ficelles (Peak Records 2006) CD

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance