Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Electrypnose - Le Tireur De Ficelles (Peak Records 2006) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Electrypnose - Le Tireur De Ficelles (Peak Records 2006) CD

Perma Fry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Mar 25, 2006 07:21
Quote:

On 2006-03-21 11:07, SofiaX wrote:
Perfect album !!!
My friend Gaspard, best wishes with this release

I love this guy man .. woah
some insane sounds in this album very very killlargh
all the best for the future

regards,

Takuan"the pickled radish"

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Mar 26, 2006 20:24
go NOW,& I MEAN right now and BUY IT!
Drosophila

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Mar 30, 2006 23:36
This is great stuff for sure, one of the best releases so far this year!!
fav tracks as it is right now: B2p2, Stupid Moon, Le Tireur De Ficelles, Brain Surgery and The Handler!

Very twisted music with many twist and turns! Good for mindbending
Psychedelic_Mustache
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Apr 1, 2006 13:24
Artist: Electrypnose
Title: Le Tireur de Ficelles
Format: CD
Label: Peak Records
Catalog: PR0008
Released: 2006
Artwork: http://tinyurl.com/lgdt5

Tracklist:

01. The Handler
02. Gidi Fake
03. Niapo
04. b2p2
05. Oz
06. Stupid Moods
07. Disfunction
08. Cerebral Factory
09. Le Tireur de Ficelles
10. Brain Surgery
11. Bas les Masques

Vince le Barde Aka Electrypnose has been embraced by trippers from every range of the psytrance spectre. Darktrancers, morningfreaks and chillers have all been given their piece of the pie...A solid debut on Resonantearth.com followed by numerous outstanding tracks on various compilations has caused somewhat of a buzz concerning this album...

Lets see if it delivers...

01: The Handler
A somewhat mystical melodic line opens the album together with some atmospheric sweeps and samples to create an overall eerie mood. The ambience of it all is broken after a coupple of minutes, and we head on into crazy Electrypnose trance-terretory. The mystical vibes from the intro is brought back into the mix after a while, and together with a bunle of twisted elements and melodies this makes 'The Handler' a great opening track!

02: Gidi Fake
After a robotic, rather weird intro we head straght into the nightime madness in 'Gidi Fake'. I often find the darker side of trance somewhat boring, but this is a bullet electrypnose has managed to dodge time after time, and this is no exception. Very hypnotic, yet varied - spaced out and introverted at the same time. Nice!

03: Niapo
I really love the way Electrypnose sometime tends to build a track on emotions introduced allready in the opening seconds... Here the gentle yet strange melodies are transformed into a full-fledged assault on the senses. Do you like it dark/hard/strange/melodic/monotonus/psychedelic/emotive? If yes is the answere to two or more of the previously mentioned - this is for you!

04: b2p2
This time around the focus is more on melody than on previous tracks. For me this is a good thing. I'd perhaps like to see some more exploration on the main theme of the track. It also feels like this track is perhaps more boring(no...less great would be more correct) than some of the other tracks here. Really, thogh - I can't complain about this stuff.

05: Oz
This track was originally made by someone called "elendil" - a name I can't say I'm familiar with. Here we get Electrypnoses(duh!) remix, and again, there's really not much I can do, except say that this is wicked stuff. Dark, yet heavilly melodic and severley twisted. As I've mentioned before melodies is something I appreciate, even when we move in the darker realms of music. Massive track!

06: Stupid Moods
As the tracktitle implies this is a playfull little thing. Vince fools around with the bothe the beat and the samples and it all comes out as a highly enjoyable number. We're moving on the less melodic side of things as well, but it's still varied enough to keep a solid smile on my face. NOt reall my favourite track here, but I promise you - that doesn't really say to much in this context.

07: Disfunctions
No time to rest here, people! We continue with more crazy music. Layers upon layers of weird rythmic creations, melodies and samples creat a continous flow of LS-Dance'able music. A ceirtan mood is required though, and this isn't(atleast not for me) background music under any circumstances. Now dance, sucker!

08: Cerebral Factory
Cerebral factory is a track made by....Cerebral Factory! This is le Barde and two other guys (Karash/Noon), and no - I hadn't heard of the before. The music is hard, dark and acid-ridden. for me the bass here get's a little tedious and almost a little boring. Probbably because of all the great music in the rest of the album - but I find this more straight forward somehow. Would be a standout track on almost any compilation of dark psy, but for me this is perhaps the weakest link here.

09: Le Tireur de Ficelles
A flute, tribal srumming, and basically a great atmosphere opens this track. I'm instantly drawn to this hypnorythm, and when those churchbells kicks in I just get the shivers. From this point on this is pure, enthusiastic and everchanging psychedelic trance at it's finest. The sonic trickery involved here is almost undescribable - One of my favourite tracks here!

10: Brain Surgery
This track I can't really make up my mind about. I mean I can hear that this is quality stuff, it's spacey, weird and diverse, but for me it's a tad to hard...Tasts differ though, and I guess I'd love this if I was more in to the high-ended side of the bpm scale.

11: Bas les Masques
To finish of the album Electrypnose shows us what an outstanding and diverse producer he is as he lands a fantastic chill track. I had high expectations before this release, but to be hounest I'm looking even more forward to his chill-release on Ajana records later this year. And here the bar is raised a few inches more. Superb!

Final remarks:
I guess it comes to no-ones suprise that the conclusion of it all is as follows: This is a great album! It's an album that should have rather wide appeal in psy-circles as it basically moves in a wide range of directions. A coupple of the tracks I find less exciting than the rest....That aside - If you like psychedelic trance, with an emphasis on the psychedelic part - you really, really should own this!

Tomas(Psychedelic Mustache)

Buy it here:
Psyshop: http://tinyurl.com/kb342
Discobole: http://tinyurl.com/ec4mk
Juno: http://tinyurl.com/l79x3           www.sonic-energy.net

www.psymus.blogspot.com
the-hq

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Apr 7, 2006 19:48
this album is absolute killer - one of the best heard in a LONG time. every sample is put perfect, no break is too long, no long boring parts.
there is always a change in the tracks.

this album is HEAVILY recommend for all you psytrance lovers out their who love kicking basslines and true psychedelic sounds.

if you can catch vincent live, GO THERE, you won't be disappointed. crowds going mad on this stuff.

hint: on party: electrypnose live set and directly after him chromatone live... you won't be able to leave the dancefloor for at least 4 hours, so go take your piss before           .o° welcome to the 6o4th dimension °o.
dE.Tonatik
Detonatik

Started Topics :  83
Posted : Apr 13, 2006 10:40

this is a great great album
vince has made his own mark with a style thats abt to stay here for long

top class production ..crystal clear.
everything is in place ..just abt perfect

cant get any better than this ...
super sonic voyage ..i also think electrypnose tracks hav some of the best percusion work that u'll ever hear

cant wait to hear him play
hope it happens soon

boom from BomB-Bay , india
          out now
http://parvati-records.com/music-shop/cd/out-of-time
the-hq

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Apr 13, 2006 18:48
by the way:
mastering of this masterpiece was done by chromatone (he'll also release an album this year)
also great sound, stay tuned.

whoever is living near switzerland: in may there is a party with electrypnose live, penta live, ocelot live and menog live. i think it's open air. so if you wanna catch some fresh suisse air and listen to top notch psychedelic sound you should go there           .o° welcome to the 6o4th dimension °o.
darkgnome

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 14, 2006 11:27
Quite good album, although I expected a bit more from Peak Records' release. He certainly has his own style which is always good, but I couldn't get into all the tracks.
Dropout-Productions
Dropout Productions

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Apr 15, 2006 03:47
we can only say another one of a highly highly
recomendable album from peak records

congratulations to vincent for this great work

all the best to the peak crew from san francisco

Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Apr 18, 2006 01:41
Artist: Electrypnose
Album: Le Tireur De Ficelles
Label: Peak Records
CAT: PR008
Web: http://www.electrypnose.ch
SE.net: http://www.sonic-energy.net/core/content/view/211/2/
Interview: http://www.sonic-energy.net/core/content/view/37/25/

01.The Handler [148]
02.Gidi Fake [146]
03.Niapo [148]
04.B2P2 [147]
05.Elendil - Oz (Electrypnose RMX) [149]
06.Stupid Moods [149]
07.Disfunction [148]
08.Cerebral Factory [150]
09.Le Tireur De Ficelles [150]
10.Brain Surgery [151]
11.Bas Les Masques [96]

What's This About

If we stop to consider Electrypnose has been in the spotlight –for most of us- roughly since last year, starting with the release on Resonant Earth. The name has quickly escalated to a staple of quality passing through rosters in Peak, Trishula, Doof, Yage, Woodroom, Devil’s Mind, Kabrathor records and so the list goes. Where exactly did he come from? Switzerland. No I mean, where was hiding before? Most probably in the studio, working his ass off to perfect the trade up this point. This progression can be traced from the gazillion albums for download at his website up to this point. Le Tireur de Ficelles shows his best work so far, offering such an intricate level of detail you can loose yourself in haphazard fits of abstraction, paired with really coherent moments of lucidity… when he sees fit to pull the strings.

Per-Track

( 1 ) The nursery rhyme envelopes disturbed, puerile thoughts flashing down memory lane. Once the bridge has been lowered, a grinding orgy of distraught scratches assaults time and consciousness. It’s all mashed in a complex interaction bent on thrusting a story with unexpected turns at every corner, as to keep you guessing where is the Handler taking you. In the meantime, the rhythms blurt out a mutation of breaks and glitches in perfect unison. *

( 2 ) Gidifake is a ‘successful fusion reaction’ of fractured leads, grating the typical corroded melodies. Bass-wise it reminds of EVP, with bouncy stabs and funky edge (think ‘Digitalkin’). The progression is very entertaining all the way through, until the voice announces with both arms raised: ‘hey, buddy time to switch tunes.’ Obviously with different words, but still just as amusing. *

( 3 ) Niapo begins with a really cool set of notes before the kicks start assaulting you, with a refined meter that keeps scratching effects, coupled with the methodic clarity of a madman at work. Really funky, directionless, traversing a jag right through different themes with ease and ultimate confusion. *

( 4 ) Doesn’t B2P2 feel like a last minute name change from R2D2? Anyway, this one carries a lot more screechy content than I can normally handle. I don’t know why it has something South African about it, maybe it’s the short recurrent leads that bring out the association, truth be told I haven’t heard anything from that region in a while. The last stretch is most rewarding though and the chromatome helps it shine with the mastering.

( 5 ) The whole concept of calling a track Oz is a very ambitious endeavor in itself. It wouldn’t really come as a surprise if these two cats were neighbors. The whole thing is so well put together, starting with that line before the third minute rolls around. From that point, it just keeps upping the ante unleashing the last vestiges of sanity, seduced by the intricacies of delicate musical rhymes. How can those crungy leads make the brain fart and the neurons wallow? Shining like beacons before they blaze, exulting their last and most glorious rapture. Needless to say this one has been [on] with the repeat button for a few days now. *

( 6 ) As a perfect example of build up, Stupid Moods gently walks to more menacing scenarios with such a paced evolution, it’s a joy to listen how the distraught voices and the shrilling lines, build the final peaker from a seemingly calmed tune. *

( 7 ) In an attempt to keep things more abstract and utterly Dysfunctional, we stumble upon night time breaks with all the daftness of a machine drowning its circuits before it collapses. The poor thing seems to be communicating something in the whirlwind of tonal incoherence with little success. Is that a bad thing? Not if you’re talking about twisted music and I do believe we have reached that point in the album.

( 8 ) Brain Factory is a collaboration between some other folks called Karash, Noon and Vin’s collaborating with the intend of releasing bubbly, dangly metallic beats and more simulated errors, exploding in a timely fashion as if the compound had suddenly taken a life of its own. Creating a jumble of sounds from all those minuscule effects you don’t expect they could amount to much, but they do. The melodic factor is well disguised behind the symphony of noises and abstractions. *

( 9 ) The Cherokee war drums rumble behind a stampede of buffalos. Suddenly I’m expecting an Indian pop out from my left speaker and chop my scalp off. Shortly after, I do end up loosing part of my head when things dissolve in a trail of effects, erupting with a different noise for every note. Before we loose ourselves completely, a lead throws reality back in our face with a series of flangy tones. Le Tireur seems be enjoying dangling our ficelles on this one. *

( 10 ) Brain Surgery stands as a flutter and gnarl of insipient effects, pouring down relentlessly with a final purpose, Bio-programming. By this point though, I have grown a bit weary of the constant sonic overload of machine malfunctions and yearn for something slightly more… earth-bound.

( 11 ) Bas Les Masques in theater terms conveys the time at which actors remove their masks, and from there term has taken a connotation along the lines of ‘no more pretending now’. Music-wise it is a sort of jungle/trip hop/DnB experiment with the lower ranges muffled, on top of a beautiful sonic scenario guided by a piano. Le Barde enjoys making this particular type of melodic fusions, that don’t really depart from the beats but form a different juncture altogether. At one point or another I would like to see what could come from a less beat-oriented track to explore the ambient vein completely. He has the musical aptitude to make interesting things happen. *

And in All

Electrypnose works opening a party, in the middle, or the morning after just as well for me. There was so much great stuff to offer, the only problem I anticipated was choosing material to jam-pack the plastic. And apparently I was right, a couple tracks did not fit in the end and one can be downloaded. This shows that even though the sound does not change much from his stylistic development as the scratchy-glitchy wizard, there’s enough knack to keep the ears busy. If you are still stuck enjoying the ‘previews’, it is probably good for your music collection and your karma to swing by the store and show support. At this point, things can only keep moving forward anyway.

Extras

Bonus Track: Electrypnose - The Day Has Come
( download @ http://www.sonic-energy.net/core/content/view/211/2/ )

Where To Buy

Saiko Sounds >
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=5540

Psyshop >
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/pea/pea1cd008.html

Beatspace >
http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=2651
          elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
MercuryFall
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Apr 19, 2006 21:01
Incredibly strong album!!!!!!

Vince has the art to produce mad and deranging atmospheres with extra low bass lines, and still the tracks put you on the perfect mood and vibe, and you always end up with a big smile on your face!!!!

Just the perfect sonic alchemist!!

Hats off!!!!!!!           V/A Floating Mirror - OUT NOW - with Celles, Midimal, Electrypnose, Melodix, Troll Scientists, Yab Yum, Gaspard, Ajja, Cradle of Beats! Info on
http://www.myspace.com/moonlooprecords
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/mol/mol1cd001.html
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Apr 20, 2006 17:20
Fantastic! Big respect to Electrypnose! This is a great trip full of vibrant creativity and ingenuity...
karmacuetical

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 3, 2006 10:41
what a gr8 album!!
fantastically psycheadelic soundscapes, consistantly good all the way thru,a rare thing these days
-Thankyou very much Guys
Greennun

Started Topics :  6
Posted : May 8, 2006 21:22
Its my album for the year for sure, so so many layers -insane.
Artwork on the cd rocks
Congratulations Peak - A winner
Boom           "If Pac man had affected us as kids we'd be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music”.
Jasjit

Started Topics :  9
Posted : May 8, 2006 22:10
I really wanted to leave a special word for the man but I guess you all have said it for me..

Just a very Killer album..

It really is just a great Trip..

And Remember
Its the Music In U
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Electrypnose - Le Tireur De Ficelles (Peak Records 2006) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance