First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Electrobeat Event @ Aarhus 11/2-2006

Bes
Tribalistic Society

Started Topics :  64
Posted : Feb 13, 2006 00:10
damn forgot to get my free hotdog           Man is the Cruelest Animal!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/tribalisticsociety
http://soundcloud.com/tribalisticsociety
http://www.myspace.com/120bpms
Krell
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Feb 13, 2006 06:07
Quote:

On 2006-02-13 00:10, Bes wrote:
damn forgot to get my free hotdog

Next time perhaps - 2 free hotdogs *makes a note in the Bes file*

Best Wishes

Krell
          Label DJ>
www.jesterrecords.ca
Bes
Tribalistic Society

Started Topics :  64
Posted : Feb 13, 2006 20:25
uhh bes files......sounds like a secret plot to me           Man is the Cruelest Animal!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/tribalisticsociety
http://soundcloud.com/tribalisticsociety
http://www.myspace.com/120bpms
stephanus
Red Eye Jedi

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Feb 13, 2006 22:08
i think the party was not for trance heads it was more for making money the vibe was full on chemical and plastic fantastic

i donno may be two dance floors one wit trance and one wit the bubble gum techno for the masses

better luk next time
Zoolog
Zoolog

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Feb 14, 2006 00:23
Me get no hotdog either.... (bahhh) 2 up!
Party was ok, imo, was glad to see so many enjoying Jahbo, the mainstream Århus crowd seemed to catch the groove...

Good luck next time.... (Gimme a new/better job)

Krell
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 14, 2006 05:20
Quote:

On 2006-02-13 22:08, stephanus wrote:
i think the party was not for trance heads it was more for making money the vibe was full on chemical and plastic fantastic

i donno may be two dance floors one wit trance and one wit the bubble gum techno for the masses

better luk next time

If you have some constructive suggestions, you are welcome to tell them to me.

Actually, that party took all the money we had to set up - so, if it would have failed utterly - for whatever reason, it was a risc just to the point that we would have to move out of our apartment (took all the ressources we had to get this thing going).

Im not going to deny, that the aim is to make money also - We have big plans for events, and in order to create them we need capital. Our aim is not creating cheapo parties, but to create visually and sonicly spectacular ones. (which will cost us).

However, I dont really think your statement is quite fair since we offered a lot more to the people attending than the last organizer (or basicly any other organizer in Aarhus for many years).

The alternative floor played chillout, lounge, house, tribal & electro.
The mainfloor played progressive psy, full on & dark psy. Both on high grade PA systems.

So, it was very broad and open minded.

Now, what would you suggest ? I very much doubt you could come up with a more open minded musical lineup than that.

Perhaps, it was just not the party for you ?

A reality of putting on events like this is, you have to be aware of the finances, if you are not you will hurt yourself badly.

You make it sound like it was a ripoff, which I do not really follow since we had more and better deco than any other organizers here ever had...
Also, we had a good & professional lineup with acts actually getting paid + playing professionally quality wise using the best dj gear available to man.

This cost people only 5 DKK (not even 1 euro) more than the previous events at the location with only 1 floor, inferior sound, less deco and such.

Im not saying it was PERFECT - but, Im saying it was a lot better than the previous events put on at that location - and if you go and read feedback at our http://www.electrobeat.dk site you will see most people loved it. Of course, you didnt, which is what matters to you - hehe, you cant be wrong there

Not fair to say we did this for the money though - We did it to enable us to put on parties for our electrobeat.dk community - parties we want to develop and improve over time. I think, for our first event, we did VERY good.

Thanks very much to the hard work of Zoolog & the people who helped by working their butts off (if they really believe we are just doing this for the money, I dont think they would be interested in helping out at all - So, consider this if you question our motives for arranging events - We will ALWAYS rely on people working for free - and if they see we are just in it for the money, they will stop helping us).

Stephanus - If you want non commercial events (purely), you need to go to moesgaard for the events that are free. As long as money is involved at some stage, its always commercial.
When you go and book a location like this, you will need to put up some cash - if you want to have decent sound, you will need some cash. (we are already hitting 20.000 DKK at this point). Then comes deco, lineup, transportation etc. So, in essence, events taking place like this have to be commercially viable.

Take the event for what it is - An event which is open to many styles of music, not only the typical dark psy / wacko aarhus sound - but ALL. Foremost, the event is targetted at our website users, secondly, the local scene.

Best Wishes

Krell
          Label DJ>
www.jesterrecords.ca
ananocki

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Feb 14, 2006 15:36
thums up to krell and co for thizz night. i really enjoyed my self! really loved jahbos liveset wow!!
also nasa dj set was quit surprising to me, amazing that he could put so many trax into a 1houre 8)
also raiders set was oki! i like the way he mixed styles allover each other but a lil to fluffy in between. also enjoyed the sound system!!

the downside of this one!
the music area, it could be nice to have an real chillout wich stayed chillout, i think its weird to have a chillout dj playing while progressive is being played on mainstage and then when the fullon starts up u move the progressive to chillout aera(if i can call it that)
put more enegy into the cillout next time and except that u cant have progressive allnight on the cost of the chillout or just make pure prog partys if thats wath u wanth! >IMO< i dont know wath the reason is for this but i know u know better then that!! by the way were was the chaibar??

downside no2 (nothing to do with the party crew) but damn some stupid Idiots there was out there, wath the fuck were thay doing out there, i can not belive that i share culture with then, thay do not have a clue of wath this is, thay just come to take some pills/coke and chek out some silicon tits and show how much stereoids thay body contains.
it makes me sick to see somthing i love this much being abused by thees assholes! also first time i have experience a fight at a trance party in Aarhus!

>>>>>>>>>krell said to stephanus<<<<<<
>Stephanus - If you want non commercial events (purely), you need to go to moesgaard for the events that are free.

no u wrong krell thay are not for free, it to cost to make thees partys, just bechours we dont put up at table and take money at entry do not meen that its free!!

>>>>>>>>>Krell said to stephanus<<<<<<<<<
Take the event for what it is - An event which is open to many styles of music, not only the typical dark psy / wacko aarhus sound - but ALL.

and for your information krell
dark psy/wacko/wath ever u wanna call it is not just an Aarhus thing! its quit big and u find in almost allover the world in many diffrent shapes, so stop making it sound like its just this little thing going on here in aarhus.

all the best to electrobeat Crew, looking forward to the next one!!!!!

Jespar

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Feb 14, 2006 16:51
Quote ananocki:
"it could be nice to have an real chillout wich stayed chillout, i think its weird to have a chillout dj playing while progressive is being played on mainstage and then when the fullon starts up u move the progressive to chillout aera(if i can call it that)"

It is important to keep in mind that this stage was never meant to be a chillout (like the chillout-zones you experience at festivals), but was intended to be an alternative stage, playing all sorts of different flavours.
moses
Moses / Loopiter / Bufo

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Feb 14, 2006 20:55
Damn, got drunk to this one!! haha... Hard to remember anything!

http://soundcloud.com/moses-muggi-dane
Krell
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 14, 2006 22:34
Quote:

On 2006-02-14 15:36, ananocki wrote:
thums up to krell and co for thizz night. i really enjoyed my self! really loved jahbos liveset wow!!
also nasa dj set was quit surprising to me, amazing that he could put so many trax into a 1houre 8)
also raiders set was oki! i like the way he mixed styles allover each other but a lil to fluffy in between. also enjoyed the sound system!!

Sadly I didnt get to hear any sets myself - because I had to run all over the place - I just got bits and pieces of the music - but, all sounded good to me. I think, it was a good call for Raider to aim for a tougher Full On set than what is usually played in DK, I think it worked well with the change into Jahbo set - Going from the more "in your face" full on 3d vision sound and to the more playfull psychedelic sound of Jahbos set.

Quote:

the downside of this one!
the music area, it could be nice to have an real chillout wich stayed chillout, i think its weird to have a chillout dj playing while progressive is being played on mainstage and then when the fullon starts up u move the progressive to chillout aera(if i can call it that)

It wasnt a chillout, it was an alternative floor. Its a concept that will stay with us as long as we have that location. I dont personally want to create any "pure events", I think it promotes narrowmindedness, and we have enough of that in Denmark as it is (and I dont care if its Dark Psy, Full On or Progressive only parties). The party is made to reflect as many compatible genres as possible and to be as musicly open minded as we can be.

Quote:

put more enegy into the cillout next time and except that u cant have progressive allnight on the cost of the chillout or just make pure prog partys if thats wath u wanth! >IMO< i dont know wath the reason is for this but i know u know better then that!! by the way were was the chaibar??

I think, the progressive house / tribal I played there - and low bpm chill Jespar played was very relaxed. For many, and me included, it borders on chillout. It is surely a far cry from Dark Psy But, like I wrote, its not a "chillout", its an alternative floor. Still, its an alternative floor which aims and supplying laid back relaxing music which it did
Chaibar cant be set up at that location, since the contract for that venue states that all serving of food & drinks must be done by the people who have the license to do so (the venue). However, we did consider it

Quote:

downside no2 (nothing to do with the party crew) but damn some stupid Idiots there was out there, wath the fuck were thay doing out there, i can not belive that i share culture with then, thay do not have a clue of wath this is, thay just come to take some pills/coke and chek out some silicon tits and show how much stereoids thay body contains.
it makes me sick to see somthing i love this much being abused by thees assholes! also first time i have experience a fight at a trance party in Aarhus!

Agreed - I think we made a mistake in the promotional phase, the flyer should not be with a lot of people with the hands in the air - but it must reflect something more "on topic" than just people stomping away on a dancefloor.
Another thing, we were VERY surprised by the MASSIVE amount of people who came, it blew our most "optimistic" expectations. However, we are in fact not talking optimism here, since I hoped we would not get THAT many partygoers. This is also one of the reasons I closed the doors at the event, foremost a security issue, but, enough was enough. (Again, we could have gotten a lot more money from not closing the doors, which I hope AGAIN prooves we are not in it for the money).
However, its hard to know how many will go since this was our first community event. If we get the option of using the same location in Aarhus again, we will cut promotion time in half, create a more meaning full flyer and thereby put more focus on the music. Im sure, the assholes are not there for the music, because if they really cared about it, they would spread good vibes, and not bad ones. Also, I think assholes promote assholes, so once you reach some sort of asshole concentration it escalates faster and faster.

Quote:

>>>>>>>>>krell said to stephanus<<<<<<
>Stephanus - If you want non commercial events (purely), you need to go to moesgaard for the events that are free.

no u wrong krell thay are not for free, it to cost to make thees partys, just bechours we dont put up at table and take money at entry do not meen that its free!!

I know, 50 DKK Ive been going to moesgaard events since 1997 when I moved to Aarhus But, moesgaardmen is not the only people who can put on events out there. We did one little event as well (20 people max), and it was free. (and if we do again, it will also be free). I dont care what anybody says, if earning money is involved, its at some level commercial.
However, when you calculate costs for moesgaardmen´s events and how effectively they can collect the entrence then I think the word "commercial" would be misplaced there. I certainly dont see them as such, just as "potentially commercial" - Knowing the people behind it, I dont see it going too commercial.

Quote:

>>>>>>>>>Krell said to stephanus<<<<<<<<<
Take the event for what it is - An event which is open to many styles of music, not only the typical dark psy / wacko aarhus sound - but ALL.

and for your information krell
dark psy/wacko/wath ever u wanna call it is not just an Aarhus thing! its quit big and u find in almost allover the world in many diffrent shapes, so stop making it sound like its just this little thing going on here in aarhus.

Your being unfair to me there. Did you bother to read the pamflets I had put in the entrence of the party and all over the alternative floor ?

When I talk about the typical Dark Psy / Wacko stuff its because Emma(when trance) & Moesgaadmen have focused 100% on that sound without exception. We do not want to arrange parties which follow that concept. We dont want purely progressive or full on events either. That is VERY important to us, that we have more genres. Our parties are foremost for our online community, and as such to honor that concept it NEEDS and HAS to be diversive.

Anyway - Let me tell you what I wrote about Jahbo in the information text you could get a the entrence or which was lying around on the altnernative floor. Translated to English

"First we had booked Meteloids for Winter_Session but when that project was terminated we decided to book Jahbo instead who was ½ of Meteloids.
Behind Jahbo we find Røhlike, Aarhus DJ & Producer - under the project he produces dark but playfull Psychedelic Trance-
Besides the Jahbo project he has also released music under the guise of Cyberlions, KinJahJah(with Kindzadza), Meteloids(with Insane Behavior) + Psilo Cowboys(with Mussy Moody).
Røhlike is known within the psytrance scene all over the world, both for his DJ and Live sets - He often plays abroad, among many place Boom Festival 2004."

So, not only am I very well aware of the current status of the Dark Psy / Wacko sound genre - but I also educate others in those regards actively. More than that, I DJ that style myself also (and I have done so since forever). I think its important that people going to our events know something about who is booked and perhaps why.
Its all in a long strategy, we are trying to get people to take an interest in the music, and perhaps convert some of the veggies to people more like ourselves.

Quote:

all the best to electrobeat Crew, looking forward to the next one!!!!!

Thanks We already have a LOT of changes lined up for this concept party, and we look forward to trying them out - NEXT YEAR - We are not going to be spitting out parties, even though we could do so. I hope this is also proof that we are not in this for the money (for the sake of the money), but we really want to try and create some good parties for people & our community (and we need your support, or else we will fail, people make the parties!).
Also, no one is saying ALL Electrobeat parties will be like this one "Main Floor + Alternative Floor" - some might by Progressive & Full On Floor Vs House floor, or Psytech & Dark Psy Floor & Ambient / Lounge / Psychill floor - There might also just be one single floor at some events. Experimentation is the way forward I think, if the venues will only work with us

Best Wishes and thanks for your feedback its very much appreciated

Krell           Label DJ>
www.jesterrecords.ca
Krell
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 16, 2006 00:36
The good man Sune was so nice as to record some videos of the party - Both before, during and after.

Theres pretty ok sound in the videos.

You can DL them here
http://www.doei.org/misc/Elb_fest_11_02_2006.zip

Big thanks to doei.org for hosting it.

Best Wishes

www.jesterrecords.ca
Zoolog
Zoolog

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Feb 19, 2006 02:39
Quote:

I know, 50 DKK Ive been going to moesgaard events since 1997 when I moved to Aarhus But, moesgaardmen is not the only people who can put on events out there. We did one little event as well (20 people max), and it was free. (and if we do again, it will also be free). I dont care what anybody says, if earning money is involved, its at some level commercial.
However, when you calculate costs for moesgaardmen´s events and how effectively they can collect the entrence then I think the word "commercial" would be misplaced there. I certainly dont see them as such, just as "potentially commercial" - Knowing the people behind it, I dont see it going too commercial.

As representative for the "potentially commercial" Moesgaardmen®, i must say: Say What ?

Moesgaardmen® only made 3 partys ever... Two of those party's was indoor, one at a club... Yes we did make ppl. pay 50 dkk (666 euro cent). For that we are sorry...
We are not to be held responsible for generations of illegal partying and unsafe raving in the woods. The ppl. you are mentioning are wandering dope fiends and hippies with no future.
stephanus
Red Eye Jedi

Posted : Feb 19, 2006 09:40
ok you guys take it easy if you cant take any critasizim about your party ok.....
me i make many of the moesgaard partys in the summe to gether with the rest of the FAMALI so i know was going on i am also producing trance my self under the name red eye jedi and has gone to trance party since 1992 so i man now what is commercial and what is underground i have experienced it ..... krell buddy you are kool for making the party but if you need some help for the next one i man come anana help yuh
if you say psychodelic ona da flyer the party must be a mind fuck so thats all i wanna say please take this ina da positiv way man feel up yuh had made a good party but i man can hae his own oppinion so lest try to make it better here in aarhus p.l.u.r
Jackvi

Posted : Feb 19, 2006 12:24
lets make it better everywhere )
Krell
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 20, 2006 08:38
Quote:

On 2006-02-19 02:39, Zoolog wrote:
Quote:

As representative for the "potentially commercial" Moesgaardmen®, i must say: Say What ?

Moesgaardmen® only made 3 partys ever... Two of those party's was indoor, one at a club... Yes we did make ppl. pay 50 dkk (666 euro cent). For that we are sorry...
We are not to be held responsible for generations of illegal partying and unsafe raving in the woods. The ppl. you are mentioning are wandering dope fiends and hippies with no future.

Like I said "potentially commercial" - Like I also said, I dont see it going too commercial given you are the driving force behind the events. I dont see why you would need to apologize for anything, Im not in any way demanding one of making any accusation.

I must of course apologize when I have labelled other "look a like" events as "moesgaardmen" - Fact is Im talking about all "hippie events", which was perhaps not the best thing to do. Hard to tell them apart.
To me they look very much alike.
I have only attended those events at moesgaard beach - not any of the ones put on by "non hippies".

Or well - not quite true either actually, I played a one small party in 2000 which was non hippie - Also attended another one where a guy named "Janus" charged us 100kr if we were there... I think Beat Bizarre played among others. That was QUITE commercial, even had a beer stand.

Best Wishes

www.jesterrecords.ca
Trance Forum » » Forum  Scandinavia - Electrobeat Event @ Aarhus 11/2-2006
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance