Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  South Africa - earth dance 2006 at nekkies!

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

earth dance 2006 at nekkies!

el gringo

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 1, 2006 22:15
let me hear it kaapse trancers what do you think of it? big fat jol at the same old place... ( ? )
l337
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Aug 2, 2006 10:25
what exactly is this about???

nekkies is an ok venue....
el gringo

Posted : Aug 2, 2006 11:31
nekkies is not an ok venue. its bullshit. easiest option, where is the effort going. new venues are as important as new artists probably more so in our party climate in the cape. with unprecedented potential for partying outdoors what do we do? the same place again and again. the only worth while parties to be thrown at that venue was the first (origin). and possibly the bear trap cosmosis jol. every body hates that venue well at least every body i know. and thats enough important peoples in our scene to make a difference. in a country like this we have the chance to party in an abundance of different spaces. perhaps if ticket prices werent always upwards of a 100 bucks it would be more acceptable. but whilst i pay top dollar i expect top venues. nekkies is kak kak kak. you tell me why i should be happy to party there in a camping ground,littered and sprayed with broken glass, that is as open to any member of the public as it is to me!!! trance is a special danceform and should be treated so and we should be most happy to perform this art in special places! i think nekkies is a clear symbol of the apathy within the cape town trance scene. and also the general degredation of sa trance. have a nice day : )
RatInAKage
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Aug 2, 2006 14:29
Same conversation every time theres a party at Nekkies. And Im usually on the oposing side.

But for earthdance, I might make an exception. I mean hasnt earthdance always been at Nekkies? And the place has always been semi dodgy, but I have some good memories of the first ED I went to there.

Not to worry tho el gringo. I have a feeling that there will be quite a few new venues and new party concepts this season. should be interesting...
el gringo

Posted : Aug 3, 2006 14:44
Hopefully yes we gonna see some new venues this year, would be nice.

earthdance only been held at nekkies the previous two seasons not before though. they used some other venue before it haD bad parking and lots of sand but i still think that that place was better than nekkies.

in the end it dont matter where the venue is i will be there...
l337
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 4, 2006 19:29
Quote:

On 2006-08-02 11:31, el gringo wrote:
nekkies is not an ok venue. its bullshit. easiest option, where is the effort going. new venues are as important as new artists probably more so in our party climate in the cape. with unprecedented potential for partying outdoors what do we do? the same place again and again. the only worth while parties to be thrown at that venue was the first (origin). and possibly the bear trap cosmosis jol. every body hates that venue well at least every body i know. and thats enough important peoples in our scene to make a difference. in a country like this we have the chance to party in an abundance of different spaces. perhaps if ticket prices werent always upwards of a 100 bucks it would be more acceptable. but whilst i pay top dollar i expect top venues. nekkies is kak kak kak. you tell me why i should be happy to party there in a camping ground,littered and sprayed with broken glass, that is as open to any member of the public as it is to me!!! trance is a special danceform and should be treated so and we should be most happy to perform this art in special places! i think nekkies is a clear symbol of the apathy within the cape town trance scene. and also the general degredation of sa trance. have a nice day : )

go bitch to the council
el gringo

Posted : Aug 4, 2006 19:39
the point is to party where the council is not an issue and where we do not have the boys in blue over our shoulders on a sunday morning. ie: origin 2006.

but sorry i dont mean to be a BITCH!
l337
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 4, 2006 20:58
no such place exsists....

unless you can find a private farm in the middle of no where, with no neighbours so that on the boundary between neighbours the sound pressure level is measured to be 40 dBA and the music is inaudible at that point..

on private land without a search warrent for drugs, thats the only thing that coul dget you fucked over...disturbing the peace
code a
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Aug 6, 2006 13:07
just don't go.. shit anyway
psymanz

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Aug 10, 2006 14:34
Quote:

On 2006-08-02 11:31, el gringo wrote:

i hear u dude...its lame....toilets are great but hell!
GEM_37
Cold Project

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Aug 10, 2006 15:31
Urre u capies can bitch....           http://www.coldproject.co.za
https://www.facebook.com/coldprojectofficial
http://www.soundmute-recordings.com/
Wallace

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 25, 2006 01:36
They sure can, problem with capetonians they don't know a good thing till they no longer have it. there are very few places in Cape Town that have the facilities that Nekkies does - large river, olympic size pool, plenty camping, showers, toilets, etc. But most of all they want us there. Its a serious problem finding any sort of venue these days, they just don't want parties. Worse than that is once a party is going neighbours phone the police and they come and close you down. If big money is spent on production and international artists are flown in this cannot happen, one has to be very sure of the venue. You show any local organiser a better option and they will jump at it.

Anyway Greg, pretty rich coming from you, only place I've ever heard that you've played at is that yuppie scum, grab your money and run venue, opium. You seem quite happy to perform your art to a bunch of heaving juvenile jocks who don't know or care about the music or the journey. Any "degredation" of sa trance will be due to the migration of the mindless masses fueled by desperate dj's who will sell their own mother for a "big mac" or 15 seconds of "instant gratification". Bottom line is that only people can wreck sa trance, not a camping site, just my 2 cents.
l337
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 25, 2006 12:46
Quote:

On 2006-08-25 01:36, Wallace wrote:
They sure can, problem with capetonians they don't know a good thing till they no longer have it. there are very few places in Cape Town that have the facilities that Nekkies does - large river, olympic size pool, plenty camping, showers, toilets, etc. But most of all they want us there. Its a serious problem finding any sort of venue these days, they just don't want parties. Worse than that is once a party is going neighbours phone the police and they come and close you down. If big money is spent on production and international artists are flown in this cannot happen, one has to be very sure of the venue. You show any local organiser a better option and they will jump at it.

Anyway Greg, pretty rich coming from you, only place I've ever heard that you've played at is that yuppie scum, grab your money and run venue, opium. You seem quite happy to perform your art to a bunch of heaving juvenile jocks who don't know or care about the music or the journey. Any "degredation" of sa trance will be due to the migration of the mindless masses fueled by desperate dj's who will sell their own mother for a "big mac" or 15 seconds of "instant gratification". Bottom line is that only people can wreck sa trance, not a camping site, just my 2 cents.

Post of the year! Classic, you make me smile
l337
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 25, 2006 12:49
Quote:

On 2006-08-04 19:39, el gringo wrote:
boys in blue over our shoulders on a sunday morning. ie: origin 2006.

were there cops at origin on sunday morning,..?? I saw a few undercovers and actually sat with two of them for an hour

But i didnt see any real pigs
mr_sparx
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  58
Posted : Aug 27, 2006 02:04
I dont have any problem with nekkies and will be coming down from the UK for the jol besides broken glass and the fact that ist been used before I cant seee any otheer reason why it isnt a nice venue

after spending nearly 2 years in squat parties and the occasional out foor i can tell you know you guys have the nicest venues ; even if they do get overused . at last they aint in theh bassment or a wharehouse or being held illegaly on private land like some of them here

Trance Forum » » Forum  South Africa - earth dance 2006 at nekkies!

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance