Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - E-Jekt - Dark Fader ( Phonokol. Jul. 2005 )

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

E-Jekt - Dark Fader ( Phonokol. Jul. 2005 )

Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Aug 11, 2005 20:30
1. Diffusion
2. A2D2
3. Loop Skywalker
4. High Robot
5. Obi wan Knob
6. Pan Solo
7. Korg Lucas
8. Mastering Yoda
9. See Trippy yo
10. Dark Fader

E-Jekt is the combined efforts of 2 artists coming from Israel, Uri Azen and Nir Shoshani (Hujaboy). Lately some of the sounds coming out in the full-on trance department have been sort of un-inspiring to say the least with a predictable formula that has been used too many times. I went into listening to this album with this in mind and hoped not to be disappointed. Before continuing, I’d like to mention a few things about the cover… I dig the slickness and darkness of the concept, its simple and effective. Let’s talk about the music:
After a short intro “Diffusion” jumps right into business. A strong yet funky pattern and very good percussion elements in this one. I like the vocal sample, it’s trippy – I enjoy this kind of stuff in tracks in general. The melodies are reminding me a bit of Hujaboy’s work with lots of twists and turns. “A2D2” is up next (T2) and boy it is a stormer! One of the strongest tracks I heard this year so far. A steady machine gun bass line and periodical sounds that comes in awesome stereo to pierce my mind. The track takes its time in its evolution, but once the vocal sample comes on all hell breaks loose. A very cool pattern for the leads that loops itself yet isn’t boring at all. The break beat element of this track is incredibly powerful, I’ve seen it burn dance floors already and I can totally understand why… Moving on to “Loop Skywalker” (T3), this track is quite psychedelic, the steady bass again provides the foundation for the mayhem on top of it. The samples are powerful again, good usage. The leads are almost overbearing at points, twisting and driving in and in, a total acid trip. “High Robot” is my favorite track on the album, something about its structure and the use of vocoders just grabs me. Maybe it’s the fact Power Source had something to do with it that makes it so special to me to begin with. I like the use of pads here; it gives a different dimension to the track. Also, I’m in favor of guitar samples when properly used. PTX collaborates on “Obi Wan Knob” (T5), the track is strong and aggressive and the buildups are monstrous. Next we have “Pan Solo” with lots of TB303 sounds and different build then most of the tracks here, the breakdown is quite interesting, the use of the delay from the vocal sample turns into background noises that sounds like jungle ambience, cool idea. Korg Lucas (T7) takes its time to develop its synths and lines with interactivity between some sounds in an interesting way. Again, I feel like a broken record, but the use of vocal samples is excellent here, the conversation between the female and the vocoded replier is amusing. We continue into “Mastering Yoda” (T8). This track has a lot of drive, starts off a bit softer then some other ones here, but doesn’t stay that way for long. E-Jekt uses a synth here that sounds like my brain is getting sawed in half… I think that’s the best way to describe it… “See Trippy Yo” is less caustic to your ears. The breaks are excellent in it; the sounds and percussions are clever as well. Last but certainly not least is “Dark Fader” (T10). At 140BPM, the track is as close as these 2 will come to a progressive trance idea. The bass has a strong drive and the sound progression is quite psychedelic.

Recomendation: One thing very worth to mention is the sound quality of the music and the “stereo field” you sense while hearing this CD. There is plenty of panning going on to give a 3D type of effect on many of the sounds, while the bass and kick provide the foundation the rest are floating around, behind and in front – I enjoyed that very much. One thing missing for me here is the connection between tracks, some albums have a better sense of fluidity and relation between the tracks. The music itself has a driving force of a Mack truck, the album is a no nonsense hard trip from start to finish. At no point does the music “release” you, perhaps with the last track but it’s still strong. Well done E-Jekt, it’s a pleasure to listen to this kind of music with “teeth”…”fangs” to be more exact.

Fav. tracks: 1,2,3,4,7,10

external link: http://www.isratrance.com/www/reviews/show_review_details.php?show=780
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Aug 11, 2005 22:25
Some great solid full-on here. Only thing I find annoying about this album is the lack of originality in coming up with track names... Why do they all have to be Star Wars related? That aside, it's the music that counts, and as far as full-on stuff goes there's a lot worse than this out there. This is in fact one of the better albums to pick up now           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Atomic_Future
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Aug 11, 2005 23:48
I only heard it once, but till now i have to say that...
High Robot is a f*ck*ng bomb!!! One of the best tracks i heard for a long time!!! track!!!

I'll review it soon...
karmakanik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 00:12
very solid effort here. my favorites are 2,3,4, and 8, although the guitars in "high robot" are a bit much for me. played "loop skywalker" out last night to great response

anyone know anything about this Uri Azen guy? does he have any solo work out there?
kabooki_cat

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 05:37
this not bad. verry fast hard dark morning.

but psychodelic, yes.
Dj Zinka

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 17:07
A2d2 its a killer killer killer track for sure is one of my top 10, and the name of all the track list is ... for the force be whit us hahaha nice diferent sound

www.geneticohms.com
Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 19:51
waiting for me copy... this sounds tight... in every way, production, arrangement, mastering... very nice           elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
Bizzare Didy
Bizzare Contact

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Aug 13, 2005 04:15
This ALBUM is sure one of the BIGGEST SUPRISES of this year !

Keep IT Up !

(And go buy the original like i did )
HappYLeptiC
Double R.E.L. / Freeze

Posted : Aug 14, 2005 05:48
indeed my friend , 1 of the most suprising rls lately - gr8 work Nir & Uri, Well produced, interesting Album.
My Favs: 1,2,4,5,7,10
Definatlly a good 1
Again Congregulations dear friends
          Freeze Album "ORCHESTRA" - Out Soon !!!
freezetrance@gmail.com
www.myspace.com/doublerelparrot
www.fractalrecords.ch
www.myspace.com/freezeisrael
kosmixx

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 14, 2005 13:51
After listening to many many stereotype produced fullon-sh.., the e-jekt tunes are surprisingly fresh and intelligent. A2-D2 is a killer. The "accoustic" breaks are the most intelligent and best breaks i have heard this year. Absolutely killer!!!
parapsyched
Scratch 22

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Aug 15, 2005 22:35
heard it live 2 weeks ago. in 3 words : "great, great, great".
everything has been said. good quality full on. with good sound. what else is there?           if u dig deep enough u just might reach the sky...

"dream is destiny"

http://www.scratch-22.com
..::PsySacred::..
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Aug 16, 2005 21:40
Nice Review Surrender , Yes Im Agreed With U Didy (Bizarre Contact)..Very Highy Production And Suprise Album For This Year..maybe on of the best album rlsed this yr ..wow a2d2 wtf ?? it has done something to me that made me fly in the clouds with the birds!but in my dream ! why we cant fly to the sky ?good work Uri And Nir ..
bawa

Posted : Aug 18, 2005 09:25
this is just 1 banger of an album
respect to uri nd nir
a2d2 haha wat a trak top 5
and i like the whole star wars thing
Gingo

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 18, 2005 11:25
realy good album IMO. fast hitting, aggressive but delicate stormy morning psychedelic and groovy in the right times. also darker from the usual Israeli full on like the Hommega and Phonokol artists do.

also the names of the tracks are really good

my favorits tracks (not names):
1. Diffusion
3. Loop Skywalker
4. High Robot
6. Pan Solo
8. Mastering Yoda
10. Dark Fader

8.5/10
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Aug 18, 2005 17:14
Woohaa, just heard some of it, and i'm speechless. Gotta buy it and give it a thorough listen.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - E-Jekt - Dark Fader ( Phonokol. Jul. 2005 )

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance