Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Double R.E.L - ceREaL KillerZ ( Doof , Dec. 2005 )

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Double R.E.L - ceREaL KillerZ ( Doof , Dec. 2005 )

Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Dec 29, 2005 21:09
1. Bomb Voyage 146bpm 8:10
2. Noize 'R' Us 148bpm 8:02
3. Freak When See's 150bpm 6:53
4. The Nord's Got A Virus 148bpm 7:45
5. Japanica (Osaka style) 148bpm 7:55
6. ceREaL KilleerZ 148bpm 7:43
7. Do Not Fuck with the Chuck 148bpm 8:22
8. Back in Business 147bpm 7:58
9. The Clone-X Effect 146bpm 8:41

Double R.E.L are the latest smashers coming from Doof Records, Israel along with Entropy, they are the flagships of the new Doof sound. Ariel Ram and Ariel Sela are the 2 insane culprits behind this intense project. The music is constantly changing, ever evolving and driving. Their previous tracks up to this debut album have been a psychedelic soup that just doesn’t stop from bubbling and boiling over the edges of the bowl. I had the pleasure to enjoy the entire album and more in their live set in early October 2005. First and foremost, this album to me is 100% dance floor, I find it hard to listen to it and not bounce around or wish I was hearing it on a big system, to me this is hardly home listening music.
We begin our journey with “Bomb Voyage” a hefty intro and a full on bass line that reminds me of CPU’s work at times, yet funnier and not as serious. The track develops and is marked with many twists and turns, good breaks and lots of energy throughout. We move next to “Noize ‘R’ Us”(T2). There is a really tonal sample (or synth?) in this one, it comes every once in a while and gives a different mood to an otherwise ever changing track, good track. The 3rd track, something in its atmosphere means all business, lots of percussion work, those electrified synths are working here full power, lots of power. Moving on to the next track – “The Nord's Got A Virus” (T4). I think this is the “meat” of the album around here; I like this one because the bass lines are more serious for most of the track, and I like the mood it gives. There is lots of stereo work, with scratchy sounds and breaks galore. “Japanica” is up next – this track will destroy any dance floor it’s played on. I remember this one from their live and the effect it had. Those little vocal samples in the breaks really make u smile and anticipate the oncoming coming slaughter. I like the gate work here. The title track “Cereal Killerz” (T6), is mayhem as well… in fact this track along with the previous and the next “Do Not Fuck With The Chuck” are probably the strongest tracks in the album. You got to love the insanely funny ‘Captain Crunch’ samples, this music is just funny at points and I remember this was the case while dancing. “Back in Business” (T8) also reminds of older CPU in its bass structure, the Ariels have their way of making you stressed with this one, lots of twists and turns. Lastly comes the “The Clone-X Effect”, while this album never relaxes, this is a pretty good track to finish off this kind of psy-mess. A bit more melodic then the rest, the final installment has a pretty cool story in and many levels to it.

Recomendation: This is a solid debut album. The sound is high quality, the music is ever shifting, and the psychedelic meter reads above the scale. Not easy to listen to if you’re not at a party to my taste… but for sure something I enjoyed frying my brain to the max. The tracks work on the floor and I expect to hear a lot more from these two. Good work, recommended.
http://www.isratrance.com/www/reviews/show_review_details.php?show=812           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
hardflipped
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Dec 30, 2005 07:15
hehehe
i was wondering when someone was going to review this album
thank you surrender...very nice review
this is really good albumm.....absolutely no bullshit
just powah powah powah
highly recommended
thank you ariels

Greennun

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Dec 30, 2005 10:06
Was waiting for this review, but i anyway had ordered the cd, killer album and absolutely worth buying, a must have, this album is fully wired and sure shot frying tunes for the dancefloor, put the cd on and let it do its magic.
Cereal killerz indeed.
Very nice artwork on the album too, a true representation of the album itself.
Boom           "If Pac man had affected us as kids we'd be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music”.
eben

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jan 2, 2006 20:49
i would like to give my first impressions of this serious piece of plastic.
first thing that catches the eye are the graphix.
excellent concept! great funny name that suits the music and the whole story is unfolded is the different parts of the cd. lots of details to look at and very funny. i liked it!
the album has a great flow. it all comes together very smoothly, very coherent and its obvious that much thought has been invested in the order and cross fading between the tracks. you can really put this in a player and go to the dancefloor from beginning to end.
the DREL music is one of the freshest things around. they really developed a unique style which surprisingly appeals to both dark lovers and full-on lovers. as someone wrote in the promotional thread: dark-on
the production is very thick, tons of sound but no clashes, very good sound design and all in a very very psychedelic way. definitely original.
these guys have a future but they can easily go bad (like other dark masters [and syndromes…] that turned to the bright side….) by becoming melodic and commercial. the elements are there and are used well but please don't go full-on on us guys, we love you in the underground!
So before my next track by track review, this is a super album, bringing some originality and freshness to my ears.
Highly recommended and a must have for any psychedelic dj that wants some dust on his dancefloor
Methodic Marble
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Jan 2, 2006 22:03
after listen some track´s of the album.......

my verdicted is :
great quality sound´s, and the track´s are all kller´s and very Cool.and original, But they make to many goddam twist and breaks and twis´s again, i mean this music can litterely fry your brain and twist your neck..........Groovyy

Everything is Very very good the only flaw for me is the constant break´s ......

..::PsySacred::..
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jan 2, 2006 22:31
i really like double r.e.l bassline produced in all track..special one secion in first track awesome break and rytheme i like it a lot ..very very nice album, i realy like it awesome work
Illusion World Productions

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 3, 2006 18:08
Methodic Marble
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Jan 3, 2006 19:08
After more listening´s the final verdicted :
THESE GUY`S RULE BIG TIME !!!!

sam i am
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jan 5, 2006 09:12
killer basslines           new Hadal Drop album on the way

if you don't have the last one get in touch
Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Jan 5, 2006 09:17
yay! i really like this release! its so fun and i have to agree with sam i am, absolutely crazy killer bass lines, very fun and trippy.
congrats to double REL for an outstanding debut album release, keep it funky and twisted guys
          Bringing Dreams to Life!
www.encantadaproductions.com
liamshy

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jan 6, 2006 22:31
fuck yea....amazing album. way to go boys, some really original content here to send us soaring into the cosmos! amazing basslines, totally fun and funky while maintaining a killer psychoative edge....did i mention fuck yea!!!!
Morbidelic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Jan 6, 2006 22:38
Yeahh long a waited for this debut

and finaly its out.

like u sayed basse line rullezz crazy fat funky one evert track starting with his own story

high quality sound is pure

trippy fx and tricks from this 2 r.e.l.s.d

for sure rocking album

my fav:

02-Noize 'R' Us

05-Japanica (Osaka style)

06-ceREaL KilleerZ

08-Back in Business

all the best for u r.e.l guys with this album and future work's.
alsso for the doof family.

keep it up.

morbid           Happy Happy,Joy Joy.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dj-Morbidelic/642401392473366
Hex Osirus
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jan 7, 2006 03:20
damn was waiting for the pizzdozz album to get realesed and order them together but seems to have sold out.
Will have to wait some more, the samples sound absolutely crazy! These are the juiciest basses ive heard in a while!The whole sound is very in your face, kinda like a giant wall of sound! Nice! This is definately music that has to be heard LOUD! Killer stuff, nice to see the doof label branching out
black_necro
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jan 9, 2006 22:49
Brain/body teaser from the beginning to the end! 10 out of 10!!
sam i am
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jan 10, 2006 09:40
"do not fuck with the chuck" is prob'ly my fave           new Hadal Drop album on the way

if you don't have the last one get in touch
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Double R.E.L - ceREaL KillerZ ( Doof , Dec. 2005 )

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance