DJ Mag Top 100 07'

gazella

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Oct 25, 2007 03:54
Quote:

On 2007-10-24 21:45, Pavel wrote:
Discuss?

I'm just glad that Goa Gil didn't make it

I really don't think goa gil needs this kind of crapy market advertisment to be known and neither his work to be recognized

Quote:

Just a popularity contest for you perhaps. There are many people that their career depends on that piece of paper.

and its a shame for people to depend on a piece of paper intead of ther hability and skills to sopport their careers

no offence..just my opinion
xrust
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Oct 25, 2007 04:57
Quote:

On 2007-10-24 23:54, full_on wrote:
Can you please enlight me with examples of such people whose careers depend on that piece of paper instead on their habilities/skills as musicians/DJs??
Respect!

their career doesnt depend on this contest,because most of the people that reaching in the first places of the list,are already very well cnown.this is more like taking a promotion or a raise in the dayjob.for commercial musik,being in top ten of that list(or sowewhere around there) is a very good reason to raise your fee

Signature:

Xolvexs
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  241
Posted : Oct 25, 2007 09:44
well i think the DJ Mag poll sort of helps upcoming djs to set their benchmarks. if they want to be on top they must be able to blend cheese & fluff with something else. honestly i think this poll gives you an idea as to which direction the electronic dance music scene is moving. it tells you that Trance, not psychedelic but the housy one still dominates the club scene and the average party goer doesnt really care whether it is psychedelic or popolicious. All polls are popularity contests . End of the day Djs are entertainers too and like movie stars have Oscars, Emmys, BAFTA etc Djs have this. Yes it allows them to charge more if they appear higher up on the list, as this is probably the only legitimate proofs they have to prove their value, they cannot get letters of recommendation from every organizer or party goer. It also gives them an added incentive to perform better. Its just more of a measurement tool. More than anything else its an ego booster...which is good thing, as it allows for inflow of $$ into the electronic music genre as a whole. and when big djs make compilation they buy music from unknown artists and give them a chance to come up. the problem is that there is a lot of demarkation in the electronic music scene, like if a psytrance artist makes a track for commercially benefical purpose he/she is considered a sell out...even though the DJ's career may not depend on the poll, the careers of many artists whose music the Dj plays does depend on it. Most of them are in a similar boat as our very dear psytrance artists are, not being paid and stuff like that, but once a top dj purchases or decides to play your tune at a gig it does have an effect, it boosts the artists ego as well, along with that he/she gets other dj's to buy/use their track, and if it becomes a success the track goes to MOS or Gatecrashers or Fabric comps. which feeds the ego and pocket of the artist.           When death comes to your doorstep, make sure you are alive
Run Lola
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Oct 25, 2007 10:16
well i like carl cox
anyway, it's funny to see some psy names in there, I always liked to think that psy artists were out of the commercial competitive scene.. but come one! who am i fooling here. is it that psytrance is becoming more popular or way too commercial?
Stregone
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Oct 25, 2007 10:34
both, more popular and way too commercial....

Also, all psyartists in the list aren't dj, but live performer...

Anyway is just a commercial/promotional tool... but works for those who are in it

Full on:

For sure you need to be skilled and makes high quality production to be in that list...

But you can be fucking good and not being known because you don't efford to get in it...
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Oct 25, 2007 11:02

how come i do not appear on this list?
oh..wait..it is only top 100..maybe if it had 10000 positions i may appear..but thinking again..maybe not..           ...
Xamanist
Xamanist

Started Topics :  49
Posted : Oct 25, 2007 11:38
Quote:

On 2007-10-25 00:20, brasirc wrote:
"congratulations Skazi.. in our top 100, you are number 101!!"

hurray?

QUOTE OF THE YEAR LOL
Colin OOOD
OOOD/Voice of Cod

Started Topics :  95
Posted : Oct 25, 2007 14:58
This is about who has the biggest mailing list and who can hire the cleverer hackers. Sure your talent may get you those things (or the money to buy them) over the years but it is NOT as if people sat down with their back issues of DJ magazine and their party photos and spent an hour reading their old party review posts thinking about who is their favourite DJ.

Read this:
http://www.djmag.com/index.php?op=story&story_op=display&story_id=1017&status=Live&word=&page=
...and consider that they only checked for multiple entries where 50 votes came from the same IP. Why did they pick 50 as a limit? Because the lower that limit, the more people would be disqualified as EVERYBODY cheats in this way for these kinds of polls... if they disqualified everyone who cheated in some way the list would be virtually empty. The limit was set at 50 votes to disqualify the stupid DJs who didn't set things up to cover their tracks. If they were really serious they'd have set the limit to 10, so that at least all the members of a large family could vote from the same computer.           Mastering - http://mastering.OOOD.net :: www.is.gd/mastering
OOOD 5th album 'You Think You Are' - www.is.gd/tobuyoood :: www.OOOD.net
www.facebook.com/OOOD.music :: www.soundcloud.com/oood
Contact for bookings/mastering - colin@oood.net
Xolvexs
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  241
Posted : Oct 25, 2007 15:01

i guess Dj Mag is learning from political elections           When death comes to your doorstep, make sure you are alive
Pinkadelic @ ciledakniP
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  13
Posted : Oct 25, 2007 17:21
Quote:

On 2007-10-25 10:16, Run Lola wrote:
well i like carl cox
anyway, it's funny to see some psy names in there, I always liked to think that psy artists were out of the commercial competitive scene.. but come one! who am i fooling here. is it that psytrance is becoming more popular or way too commercial?

Both.
it became WAY TOO COMMERCIAL as it went POPULAR.
artists saw they can make more money by making commercial music, so they went for it.

and the dj top 100 is complete bulshit.
and artists who actually are in it, thats just insane.

as you can see, simon posford lost to astral projection, skazi, and astrix... wtf...
i think there are plenty of better producers out there, those are the most popular ones.

no one's career depend on this AT ALL. but it is a nice way to keep your name out there even if you aint producing anymore =/

so basically, BULL SHIT.           -Soultech/Stampgevaar Records, Parampara Recs

-MSN: marcio_zimerman9@hotmail.com

-myspace: http://www.myspace.com/pinkadelica
xfalabella
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Oct 25, 2007 20:28
it is clearly that dj mag pool is more a commercial & popular thing than a recognition of the technique and quality of production

but we have to admit that mostly of this djs deserves to be on there...personally i saw most of this top ten artists..
Their presentation indeed is different...

In fact is very comercial...but in nowadays,the ones who conciliate the comercial factor...with good music and a standart contact grade will for sure make a large success and save a lot of money for their retirement. (off course that has some artists that do success making crap music..I dont need to say who they are)

We live in a capitalist world...so is pretty much impossible make this as your way of life being underground.

Then..if DJ MAG will make they earn more money...DJs will do the possible and impossible to get a good position.

But its very sad that this pool is so questionable due to hired hackers and large spamming...The only way finishes being to make the same.

Many artists deserves for me a better position there..such as:
Booka Shade
The Chemical Brothers
John Acquaviva
Simon Posford
Gui Boratto (but in the next year i'm sure that he will up many positions)

and i'm disappointed that Wrecked Machines is out of the list this year
And so D-nox...this man deserves to be at least on the top 50.....i saw some unbelievable sets from him this year.

My highlights are for the 18 Astrix position

and 54 position for Anderson Noise..a Techno dj from my town that is being recognized all over the world after many years of work.

chers & peace           www.myspace.com/vfalabellaprogressive
www.enigma.art.br
www.spintwist.de

AEROSPACE - STEREO FLIP IS OUT !
KHAINZ - MODUL8 is OUT!
kajola
Kajola

Started Topics :  74
Posted : Oct 26, 2007 10:19
you cant vote art anyway!!!!           http://www.facebook.com/djkajola
psysnoopy

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Oct 26, 2007 15:16
Quote:

On 2007-10-25 11:02, a3k wrote:

oh..wait..it is only top 100..maybe if it had 10000 positions i may appear..but thinking again..maybe not..

don't worry a3k, you are always among top 10 for us
salvia_divinorum
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Oct 26, 2007 23:04
i was also glad to see gui boratto, john dahlback and sebastien leger on this list.. and i think d-nox should definitely be there too.

but one of my votes was for infected and i'm glad they're on the top 10           When I dance, I put myself in the DJ's hands to take me to a journey - the unconscious journey to reality

KARKEIJA KREW!!!!!!!! dancing is the phrr fo da powa
Magox
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Oct 26, 2007 23:34
Quote:

On 2007-10-25 11:02, a3k wrote:

oh..wait..it is only top 100..maybe if it had 10000 positions i may appear..but thinking again..maybe not..

i don't know a3k that's kind of stretching it

xfalabela ya man, DNox for me is probably the best DJ out there right now. His track selection rocks, the command he has behind the decks not just with his equipment but with the people as well is what impresses me most about him.

And there's no doubt a lot of those DJ's that are in the top hundred like Tenaglia, Digweed, Lawler, Lee Burridge are really good DJ's...Not only do they have madd skillz but they Rock the house!! The music they mix is for party atmosphere, Big Room, Big Bass and Party Party and they do it as well as anyone. It's just a different type of music. But a lot of them deserve to be up there.

It's the way they go about it, in the deciding process that is flawed. Regulation barely exists, so there is a lot of collusion and dishonesty that sways the outcome of the Top 100.

At the end of the day, it's a popularity contest amongst good djs that serve's as a marketing tool for themselves.

"On the path of spirituality, one ventures to vanquish one’s own faults rather than to judge others"
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - DJ Mag Top 100 07'
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance