Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum  Forum  Trance - Disrespectful attitudes within the scene!?!
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Disrespectful attitudes within the scene!?!

Evil Fucker




Offtopic posts:  2
Posted: Jul 27, 2005
To basilisk

Yes i seen you being also Disrespectful & with an attitude towards artists releases in reviews section with many good reviews simply cause it's not the commercial sound you like !
KakoOlalaJwal
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posts :  2565
Posted : Jul 27, 2005 14:15
The thing in my mind is simply also that the way some artists show off is just "kitsch" if you get what I mean.. So it's normal some people would consider them in an ironic way..           .
.
"Get your dose of BoOgie !"

http://www.bunkum-records.com
http://www.myspace.com/zekakoo
Willy Wonka
Inactive User

Started Topics :  13
Posts :  574
Posted : Jul 27, 2005 15:07
Why commercial? Is it new name for badly produced music? Common if artist release over and over same track with two different elements it doesn't mean it's POP. Stop being so angry when you speak about POP. POP is good music, just listen to Madona - Frozen and name me track with better atmosphere than there!
Untill then learn to respect!
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posts :  2984
Posted : Jul 27, 2005 15:35
Quote:

On 2005-07-27 13:11, Evil Fucker wrote:
To basilisk

Yes i seen you being also Disrespectful & with an attitude towards artists releases in reviews section with many good reviews simply cause it's not the commercial sound you like !



Deal with it. I'll speak my mind. I'm not here to regulate or anything like that... but when something sucks, I'm sometimes going to throw my 2 cents in.

You certainly got it wrong about me liking a commercial sound however!! Whether an artist is successful or not really doesn't matter - it's a question of how the music sounds.
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posts :  5388
Posted : Jul 27, 2005 17:11
Quote:

On 2005-07-27 03:50, Uncle Bob wrote:
Like I said in a previous posts, I appreciate those who evolve their skills and talents as long as they maintain the true meaning, or they are not in this scene anymore, they have disconnected themselves from it, or maybe were never true to it in the first place....People like Space Cat and Deedrah have evolved their sound, but have maintained the fundamentals...I am so over the you've got to respect the artist crap....For what, the commercialized/pop ones don't respect the true meaning of our scene, so why should we respect their decision to unaturally push our music and scene onto people who would be attracted for all the worng reasons? Why? They are just people like you and I....They chose to be pop/egotistical artist without respecting the "core meaning" of our music/culture and I chose not to approve of it.....Basic give and take if you ask me......




very interesting take on things. i would like to say that our scene is a bit diffrent (at this point) from other scenes in that the artist/dancer relationship is much closer and most artists are in "hands reach" to most people. that is, the scene started by friends becoming dj's and artists emerging from the community - the connection was much closer then today, the diffrence in atitude between a dancer and the performer was negligable since the cause was the same. today its a bit diffrent - with 5000 people parties and security around the performers, not to mention vip rooms and other things that distant the performer from the audience. it is much more like the mainstream genre in cases like that... ofcourse there are still artist who dont have their noses in the sky and will go down and dance amongst the crowd while other performers are playing because they themselves are part of the vibe.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Maska
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posts :  869
Posted : Jul 27, 2005 17:28
To start off and clarify what I am saying here; this is not a My scene is better than other scene's response, but just an example.....

In LA, Psytribe always tries to bring artist that do represent trance at it's core, which is the family vibe, the everyone parties together vibe...Anytime we have a party, the artist is never so disconnected from the crowd that they become their own party....VIP rooms? For what? They are one of us.......They usually always come down and mingle, or comment on the feeling they got from our event.....And even though my buddies Spyros, Andy and Kerry usually never make money from an event, they continue to do it, because of the people that smile and tell them they changed their lives, or will make their week at work that much better.........To me, that's what it is all about, and once that is gone, it will be like Blink 182 or the numerous other Punk bands that went for the big buck......Yeah, they are still talented, but they lost that raw aggression that drew punk fans to them in the first place.....And I'd bet they'd tell you they don't have as much fun anymore when they play.....It's lost it's luster in a way........But. just as in trance, everyone has a right to choose.......The artist has a right to make money, and the trancers have a right to support or not?
          assumption is the mother of all fuckups.
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posts :  5388
Posted : Jul 27, 2005 17:38
btw - i wasnt disagreeing with you uncle bob... i think youre dead on with your previous and now with this one.
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Maska
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posts :  869
Posted : Jul 27, 2005 17:41
Oh, I know, I was just adding to it.......Thanks man, I know you get it and always have.           assumption is the mother of all fuckups.
electroporn


Started Topics :  1
Posts :  60
Posted : Jul 27, 2005 18:22
Quote:

On 2005-07-27 17:11, Surrender wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-07-27 03:50, Uncle Bob wrote:
Like I said in a previous posts, I appreciate those who evolve their skills and talents as long as they maintain the true meaning, or they are not in this scene anymore, they have disconnected themselves from it, or maybe were never true to it in the first place....People like Space Cat and Deedrah have evolved their sound, but have maintained the fundamentals...I am so over the you've got to respect the artist crap....For what, the commercialized/pop ones don't respect the true meaning of our scene, so why should we respect their decision to unaturally push our music and scene onto people who would be attracted for all the worng reasons? Why? They are just people like you and I....They chose to be pop/egotistical artist without respecting the "core meaning" of our music/culture and I chose not to approve of it.....Basic give and take if you ask me......




very interesting take on things. i would like to say that our scene is a bit diffrent (at this point) from other scenes in that the artist/dancer relationship is much closer and most artists are in "hands reach" to most people. that is, the scene started by friends becoming dj's and artists emerging from the community - the connection was much closer then today, the diffrence in atitude between a dancer and the performer was negligable since the cause was the same. today its a bit diffrent - with 5000 people parties and security around the performers, not to mention vip rooms and other things that distant the performer from the audience. it is much more like the mainstream genre in cases like that... ofcourse there are still artist who dont have their noses in the sky and will go down and dance amongst the crowd while other performers are playing because they themselves are part of the vibe.




nice points !!! Surrender and uncle bob.
this artist\dancer relationship u mention is sure much closer in our scene than others and everybody knows everybody !which sometimes is bad for the artists and the dancers aswell because it make it less proffetional..friend bring friend and some bad releases being release. the cause was the same then but this the evolution of the scene and more ppl'/musictions that know shit on undergrounds parties or goa start to get into trance !! which infact helps the music alot and open it for diffrent direction and styles we can hear 2day.....
so ...i got your point about the VIP rooms and that all looks commer' and diffrent 2day....i think that in our case !!! 1st there was a scene !! then there was the music !!!
we mix it all the time here....talking on the lost days and underground parties !!
if its music we talking here ....so like anyother styles some are good some are less ,we need to say our opinion whatever it is !! without disrespecting ! and like in any other styles !! there are some ego ones who will never dance with u and others who would love to !

HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posts :  890
Posted : Jul 27, 2005 18:22
Quote:

On 2005-07-27 17:11, Surrender wrote:
very interesting take on things. i would like to say that our scene is a bit diffrent (at this point) from other scenes in that the artist/dancer relationship is much closer and most artists are in "hands reach" to most people. that is, the scene started by friends becoming dj's and artists emerging from the community - the connection was much closer then today, the diffrence in atitude between a dancer and the performer was negligable since the cause was the same. today its a bit diffrent - with 5000 people parties and security around the performers, not to mention vip rooms and other things that distant the performer from the audience. it is much more like the mainstream genre in cases like that...



And that's the biggest sin ever done in this scene.... The day artists became "superstars" the scene lost it's nerve and became yet another pop culture! I am not going to point fingers but some artisst from certain countries should have stopped up and looked at themselves instead of jumping on the bandwagon..now it's way too late to return the clock..sadly.
offthenutboom
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posts :  928
Posted : Jul 27, 2005 18:54
Yes man, it might be those mega festivals with corporate sponsordship and 30,000 ppl hauling their names that might have inflated that ego.
psy^soldier
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posts :  922
Posted : Jul 27, 2005 19:29
handA is right but alot of those artist are strarting to get out of the trance secne which is good
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posts :  5388
Posted : Jul 27, 2005 19:33
to add to some things mentioned here which are very wise....
sadly many artists participate in isratrance for the sole purpose of promotion... few are the ones who contribute - this is the another dissolution of the dj/dancer relationship that was so precious to the original purpose of our scene. artist beleive that if they participate or comment on topics - it will hurt them in their ability to receive bookings or places on labels.... again this is a step towards a mainstream culture where the $ counts more then the music. i understand artists who wish to live from the music they make - it is legitimate in my opinion.... but when you have to make moral compromises i think it is sad and as EP said.... the culture is lost.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
mubali
Mubali

Started Topics :  71
Posts :  2219
Posted : Jul 28, 2005 01:00
I personally agree that in many situations artists get put on some sort of pedestal so people can marvel at their "brilliance". And for me that's not why I became interested in this music and it's certainly not why I started writing music. But it also takes a certain type of person that can deal with being around 1000+ people and remain down to earth. I had a conversation with a pretty well known UK hard house dj/producer once about this and he explained something to me that to this day I don't know how I feel about. "Look at it this way, you go to play a show and you've got hundreds of faded munters wanting to talk with you, take your picture with them, give you drugs, and all you wanna do is get to the stage and set your records down... Sure you might be nice the first few times, but even then it might start to get on your nerves."

Personally, I really love being with the crowd and dancing with them. I was a dancer before I was anything else in regards to this music. I haven't played at any of these really large festivals so I can't really relate to any of the artists that have... I can say though that just about all the events I have been to where international talent has performed, all of the artists are down to earth and super chill, but that could also be the environment that allows them to be so.

I definitely feel that commercial music has a place within the music. It can be the that first open door that someone walks through that just gives them enough of a taste to go out and see what they love within the music itself. Where many of us who have found what we love about the music may have developed a major dislike toward the commercial stuff, there are many of the uninitiated that wouldn't be able to get into some of the other stuff. To be honest, it took me a while to fully understand and get into the twisted stuff that I enjoy now.

I would hope that the artists that make the more mainstream stuff make it because that is what they enjoy to make, rather than feeling they have to for any particular reason... I do feel that the music has realized it's potential for marketing itself and given many producers an idea that they can support themselves on making this music. Once they get a couple of tunes out on labels and receive their royalty payments, they realize that it doesn't quite pay the bills. Instead of getting a job and keeping their vision going they can release 4 times as many tunes with less effort and labels will buy them because people will dance to them.

Perhaps the music was meant to be a small scale scene and be unheard of even by as many people as there are now. It's pretty simple to take an idea and mutate it just to make a quick buck. I of course am probably biased because I haven't been to a really big all psytrance festival, but I used to go to massive raves and because I couldn't really connect with people was the reason why I stopped going.           An Eagle may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Outolintu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posts :  1477
Posted : Jul 28, 2005 19:16

one thing i want to add to the conversation:
it's not always the artist who raises himself to the pedestal. sometimes or infact more often it goes the other way around. people need idols, some one to look up to, to marvel. i've seen how people here in finland have asked raja ram and simon p. to sign their t-shirts or whatever. what should an artist do in that case? in the point of view most of you are serving it's a loose-loose situation: if you sign, you admit you're a star and sit on a pedestal. if you don't sign, you're an egotistical asshole of a star. go figure
personally i like this scene because of it's anonymity. nobody knows me and that's the way it should be. on the other hand other artists have accused me of being a traitor for not being enough involved in the scene.
my contribution to the scene is my music and just that. it's all about the MUSIC, folks!



Trance Forum  Forum  Trance - Disrespectful attitudes within the scene!?!
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon


Copyright © 1997-2019 IsraTrance