Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Discovalley Records : - VA - Chaporas Tribal Dance DJV1CD006

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Discovalley Records : - VA - Chaporas Tribal Dance DJV1CD006

rajatrao5
Inactive User
Started Topics :  17
Posted : Dec 20, 2006 11:42
DISCOVALLEY RECORDS : VA - CHAPORAS TRIBAL DANCE

1. Stranger - Psychopunko
2. Candy Power - Century Crashers
3. Dark Elf - Narcotic
4. Stranger vs. Fraktal Noise - Strange Noise
5. Claw - Trauma Kill
6. Braincore - Psychopunch
7. Fraktal Noise vs. Dominator - Chapora Shot
8. Orestis vs. Stranger - Alitia
9. Innersound vs. Za7zay - Gravity

Discovalley Records strikes back and... fast! Unexpected?

The 6th compilation is here to continue this tremendous rebellion in the deep roots of the psychedelic empire! Again selected by Dj Teo, the full content of the present tale related to you, will take you to a magic tribal odyssey, where you can start losing yourself in spooky atmospheres, or... finally, choose to lose your mind in the depths of these endless tunes... CHApoRAS Tribal Dance, will give u the chance, to break till now, all explored limits of trance!

Imagine having alitia in the street of Chapora, in a psycho punko bar, tasting your last Chapora shot, sweeped away by the gravity of your narcotic trauma kill, surrounded by strange noise, you mutate into a century crasher... That was the ultimate psychopunch!

Will u ever come back...? This remains to be seen...

1. Stranger - Psychopunko : Psychopunko begins with a sample of what sounds like a busy market place. It isnt long before the broken bass sets in leading to the sample - "somethings wrong". The frenzy begins in no time, as an expected groovy bassline kicks in. Catchy electric leads appear soon, giving the listener an idea of what is yet to come. Well used samples about blotter art and lsd surface. The track continues solidly, with rather monotonous leads which remind me of the trademark Paranoize vs. Claw sound Cartoon ike sound effects pop in and out from 3:35, as a faint stretchy build up is heard in the midst. Things begin to get serious at 4:18 as a deep, grinding bassline comes in. Breaks with voice samples and twisted effects are also heard. The temperature of the track begins to slowly rise at 5:49 as the bassline is fiddled with. Leads wrap themselves around the bassline tightly, by the time you get a grip your thrown into the next track. Good to see 146 BPM night psy these days! Perfect track to begin the CD with, just a warm up! 8/10

2. Candy Power - Century Crashers : On seeing that Candy Power was track number 2, i realized that this wasnt going to be such a smooth ride, it was more like a rollercoaster i was destined for! "Men are haunted by the vastness of eternity, and so we ask ourselves, where are actions...." goes the sample. A chubby bassline manifests and the ride begins as vast atmospheres and soundscapes surround the track. Different, irregular breaks are heard soon, as edgy glitches make way for varied basslines. The track is in full throttle by 1:13 as leads are played around with. The same voice samples are used again, with the choir like voice of a lady layering the bassline. The sound of wolves howling adds to the spooky atmospheres of this track which begins to take different shapes and directions after its midway mark. Bassline intensities are varied beautifully, as scratchy leads are omnipresent. A pretty twisted track but not the style i enjoy too much. 7/10

3. Dark Elf - Narcotic : I was extremely curious to hear this track after hearing Sauron's Madness on va- Dark Side of Goa. Spooky spaced out atmospheres introduced the track as tingling, polyphonic sounds shimmer in ones ears. The bassline is packed with power and punch as the listener drifts away. The bassline is almost bouncy as extra terrestrial sounds oscillate from side to side. The breaks used are interesting, as they consist of pure bass that is altered in different ways, often ended with screams. The break at 4:18 is bound to make the dancer wonder, "what on earth is going on?!" as an excerpt from a spanish track is used as a sample, that dies out with the monster bassline setting back in. Broken, groovy beats manifest at 5:30, as electronic leads stick out from all ends. Just when the listener is hoping for something more epic than the rest of the track, it comes to a standstill. Quite a teaser, but great for the dancefloor nonetheless. 8/10

4. Stranger vs. Fraktal Noise - Strange Noise : There is no doubt in my mind that this duo can deliver madness. Lets see what they have in store for us... A long 30 second intro gives in to a hard merciless bassline that is packed with venom and has quite a bite! Super cool leads kick in at 1:10, as high's are played around with perfectly. The party is well underway at 1:30 as bassline variations begin to take the dancer closer to insanity. The track gets deeper at 2:40 as a sample "watching shadows" appears. Furious leads take the spotlight at this point with perfect eerie atmospheres blending in from all corners. The track definitely portrays the full talent of this duo, as several layers are put together almost like a puzzle, creating quite a monster and putting the listener through an overall experience instead of a plain hearing experience. The bassline is tampered with right to the end of the track as the sample "the noise" is used repeatedly. An extremely solid track. 9/10

rajatrao5
Inactive User
Posted : Dec 20, 2006 11:42
5. Claw - Trauma Kill : Claw is one of the new Discovalley recruits who suits the "new" discovalley style quite well. Trauma Kill begins with samples that create epic atmospheres, as simple percussion work sink into place - creating a backbone. The bassline is thick and juicy as vocal samples of an indian singer lace the entire track. Sofisticated sounds create complex atmoshpheres as creepy samples of camera shutters and laughing children are heard. This track has quite the kick ass attitude as tight, three dimensional leads come spiral through the track at 2:30. At 3:10 the track blends out into subtle filtered bass, with spacey atmospheres and leads. After a rather extended break, the gargantuan bassline hits harder than ever with minimal bassline changes. The leads at 4:25 drove me mad, couldnt stop moving! The male voice layer reappears. It almost creates a contrast between the sounds in the tracks which makes this tune so catchy. The track takes an unexpected turn at 5:20 with an agglomeration of glitches and tight breaks. 5:30 makes way to a lead that almost cracked me up, a lazy sounding lead ambles through the track for about 15 seconds, but is soon replaced by the earlier hologram sounding lead, that works wonders. One of my favorites from this CD, fantastic work! 10/10

6. Braincore - Psycho Punch : Braincore is a completely new artist to me. If one never read the track's title and listened to its intro, one word would come to their mind - Kindzadza The bassline has its similarities to Freaking's older basslines with similar percussion work. Liquid leads spread over the track. This track is simple, and lacks the extravagant touch that the rest of the tracks on this CD have. It is infact the surprise of this CD as it drifts away from the CD's themes. From the middle onwards one realizes that this is infact a morning installment from Discovalley! Great way to add a twist to the tale. The track proceeds with rather cheesy sounding atmospheres running through the track, with gnarling contrasted sound effects and chopped up restless leads. Even though this track had the element of surprise to it, i felt it lacked personality and character. 6/10

7. Fraktal Noise vs. Dominator - Chapora Shot : Chapora Shot begins with a muffled sample saying "she cant trust me". A simple bouncy bass kicks in, with heavy use of alternative percussion and high's. The track has a spacey feel to it, without rushing things, instead, letting things fall into place gradually.The track begins to get intense at 2:40 as fresh aggressive sounds cut their way through the track and confront the listener. The track is in top gear at 4:20 as things get twisted. Emphasis is laid on leads which tear through the track. Pretty cool track overall, but not on par with the rest IMO. Would have loved to hear more Fraktal Noise influence in this one. 7/10

8. Orestis vs. Stranger - Alitia : The Greek freaks give us Alitia, a track that begins with percussion work which soon kicks into the grooviest bassline of the CD. The track's production is simply brilliant as each sound is crystal clear and seperated. 2:00 marks the beginning of the madness, as the bassline gets deeper and growl like sounds compliment sharp leads perfectly. The track so far has a very indoor, machine like feel to it, as basslines take the listener into different zones as and when changes occur. Trademark Stranger influence is heard with regard to bassline alterations and broken breaks. The track picks up and drops unexpectedly which is a great thing! This track also seemed rather morning in nature to me. Should work wonders on the dancefloor. 8/10

9. Innersound vs. Za7zay - Gravity : Stravos and Dash collaborate to give us Gravity. The first thing one notices is how wholesome and thick the bassline is as spanking psychedelics add colour to the track. The track has long twisted breaks, that end with sharp glitches leading to massive leads. This can very well be described as a blend between outdoor forest music and indoor sounds. The leads are something that really caught my attention as they were so varied in intensity and sound. They almost create a suffocating feeling - which is something i last heard in Brain Waves - Spectral Paranoia. This track gives you no time to breathe, by the time you know it the next set of sounds has begun its assault on your mind. Certain sound effects create tunnel like atmospheres, as the leads continue to shake the listener. One of my favorites on the CD as well. A rather intense way to end the CD, makes me anxious to know whats coming next. 9/10

Discovalley lives up to its quality standards yet again. It seems obvious that Teo and crew are in a new experimental phaze that is slowly taking shape. Should be interesting to see whats next in the pipeline.

Rajat

Black Cat
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Dec 20, 2006 14:21
Waoooooo...Rajat u made a really KILLER review!!!

Thanx a lot!!!

Bom Bom           http://www.myspace.com/discovalleyrecordsgoa
DVRcd001Nocturne*DVRcd002AcidMutants
DVRcd003PsychoCell*DVRcd004HastaLasPastillas*DVRcd005Dark Side of GOA
DVRcd006CHApoRAS Tribal Dance*DVRcd007 1001 Nights*DVRcd008 Triton OUT!
Black Cat
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Dec 20, 2006 14:23
...but the sample at Dark elf track is greek not Spanish!!! hehe...

Bom Bom           http://www.myspace.com/discovalleyrecordsgoa
DVRcd001Nocturne*DVRcd002AcidMutants
DVRcd003PsychoCell*DVRcd004HastaLasPastillas*DVRcd005Dark Side of GOA
DVRcd006CHApoRAS Tribal Dance*DVRcd007 1001 Nights*DVRcd008 Triton OUT!
Stranger_GR
Stranger

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Dec 20, 2006 15:13
Very nice review man!
Really nice and full of details!
I am glad u like it!
Listen loud!!!
          Coming Soon 07-12-2012 Strange Kaos split album "Above The World" from Goanmantra Records! www.goanmantra.com www.facebook.com/Stranger.Psy www.facebook.com/StrangeKaos
www.soundcloud.com/stefstranger www.soundcloud.com/strange-kaos
for bookin
rajatrao5
Inactive User
Posted : Dec 20, 2006 18:58
@Olga and Stranger...thanks, is always fun doing Discovalley reviews!

a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Dec 20, 2006 19:19
Quote:

On 2006-12-20 14:23, Black Cat wrote:
...but the sample at Dark elf track is greek

d1m1tr1
Dark Elf

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Dec 20, 2006 20:09
HEHE

superb v/a once again

my fav track is the claw one of course !!!

but all the v/a is nice

keep it up, and moreeeee sooonnnnn           http://darkelf.gr
http://www.sonic-loom.com
rajatrao5
Inactive User
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 02:08
argh my apologies, im neither greek nor spanish hehe
d1m1tr1
Dark Elf

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 04:44
no problem the review Rocks !!!           http://darkelf.gr
http://www.sonic-loom.com
dE.Tonatik
Detonatik

Started Topics :  83
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 05:04

Good compilation ..Discovalley has done it again .All the very best to all artists involved and disco crew

good review mr rajatt !

lookin forward to hear the upcomin discovalley compilations

BOMMM
          out now
http://parvati-records.com/music-shop/cd/out-of-time
rajatrao5
Inactive User
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 05:34
Hehe just heard about the next discovalley line up, but have to keep it shhhhhhhh.
Anyone and everyone who enjoyed this CD are bound to flip on the next one in the pipeline. Going going teo, yuki & olga
Perma Fry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 15:20
its a killer compilation with some of the best psychedelic music

All the best for the future and congrats for doing a nice job releasing this monstrous VA
favs 3! , 4 , 5 6!!

rgds
sanat
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 17:37
Just heard the Claw track, it was poison all over the place, great work my friend from cyprus            “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
dhaturaaaa
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 19:34
o o
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Discovalley Records : - VA - Chaporas Tribal Dance DJV1CD006

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance