Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Digital DJ- Marcus of Son Kite (Digital Structures, Sep. 2002)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Digital DJ- Marcus of Son Kite (Digital Structures, Sep. 2002)

shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Sep 28, 2002 13:25
Digital DJ- Marcus of Son Kite (Digital Structures, Sep. 2002)
1. Etnoscope- Tribal Interference
2. Eargear- Housetranceexpress (DDR rmx)
3. Allan & Healy- Buzzing
4. Morphem- Ambrosia (Son Kite rmx)
5. DJ Nukem vs. Chab- Shaiva (heavy duty mix)
6. Vernon- Wanderer (Son Kite rmx)
7. Antix- I Wanna Be
8. Raygun- Rotorblatt
9. Qlap- Went Mental in Mexico
10. Ticon- We Are the Mammoth Hunters (MOS rmx)
11. Son Kite- Reewo
12. Ticon- There's No Plan
13. Shaman- Tantrum
14. Emou- Summer Is Old (Space Safari rmx)

Smooth is the word I think. DJ Marcus, half Son Kite (and the rest of their endless projects) mixed for us a smooth journey in the MPDQX realms, jumping over to visit some other nearby territories, with two turntables and two CDJs we slide easily through clubby realms, progressive realms and psyprogressive realms. The story builds nicely, the mixes flow, and it all sits tight together. The sound flows between indoor and outdoor, as does the story. Standout sites in this trip are the Quirky couple, Nuckem & Chab, Son Kite's Vernon remix, Raygun (more info anyone?), and the finisher- Space Safari remix to Emou.

Bottom line: If you like progressive trance, don't miss this. If you don't, this is a good introduction. Good for chilling out with some beats at home as well. A goodie. Favorite parts: 3-6, 8-10, 14.
          ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Sep 28, 2002 15:58
this one is a must..
just play it.. again.. more..

the couple of already released trax make this only better.. with option to nostalgie feeling and newer trax just the cream of the table..

my highlights here are - DDR RMX to eargear, nukem and chab,son kite rmx and space safari tune..

[ This Message was edited by: Mike A on 2002-10-06 08:58 ]          Believe your soul !
Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Sep 29, 2002 00:34
ok, so i listen to most of the tracks properly, and i think this is a great atmospheric album with great artists, ALDO, the best one is quirk .           (-:"The Psychoactive Is So Powerfull
Since The Discovery Of L.S.D"
:-)
Mr.Hanky
Ace Ventura

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Oct 2, 2002 18:54
This Cd is going to linger in my CD player for a long time.
Great mixing and flow makes this comp a great listen in every situation and every time of the day.

favs are Ethnoscope's opening tune(check out their other much more agressive track PIGS GO TO HELL),the already well known BUZZING,both of the Son Kite Remixes and the ever so clubby and powerful Ticon track.
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Oct 4, 2002 17:51
It annoys me slightly that there are so many already released tracks... Allthou its a nice one for sure...

A
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Oct 5, 2002 16:52
I don't understand why Anders. It's a mix CD- for me it's more interesting to see what a DJ does with tracks I already know. For example the Son Kite remix to Ambrosia is much more appreciated by me here than on the CDsingle.           ---------------------------------------------
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

olivier
Side-A

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Oct 5, 2002 18:14
woawwwwwwww
killer compilation, i already had some of these tracks , but the biulding of the mix is just great , and so is the selection ,
best tracks: 4,6,7,10,11,12 !

digital structures is imho the best progressive label at the moment,
keep it up peter, marcus & sebastian
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Oct 5, 2002 21:08
btw - last time alot of ppl (include u shahar) told me that the music i like and try to provide around me dont fit to parties coze its not kicking and smashing enough, so i catch the ride on this cd to explain myself. i think nobody will say this cd was compiled and mixed for home listening and i think everybody will agree that this great open air sounds here. so my view on todays party music have best explaining on this mix. atmospheric,litlle bit tribal and very friendly/cmoothing floating music. hope u can agree that its fit to trance party. i do so..           Believe your soul !
misha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Oct 6, 2002 00:36
Very nice progressive mix!
Must for every progressive fans!
Great morning sound!I wish all parties where featrued at least 3 hours late morning sets like this mix from Marcus !and what a brilliant mix offcourse!
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Oct 6, 2002 07:56
Just not psychedelic enough Zombie, and sorry, not real karahana           ---------------------------------------------
M.K. Gandhi

Aldous Huxley

Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Oct 6, 2002 12:22
u have nothing to be sorry about           Believe your soul !
Mr. uzi :)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Oct 6, 2002 13:11

trance is far from being psychedelic this days, and this cd must be in each house in israel!
          runaway dreamer...
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Oct 6, 2002 13:53
it must to be MUST !!
lemon nana [alot nana] inside.           Believe your soul !
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Oct 6, 2002 17:43
btw - i guess i know what is karahana. u can lough at me but i was from the first lovers of tim shuldt then it sound came. all the dirty super hard full on with distortion. been at every gig of this killer (and tim as u remember visited here just every three weeks). but zeu,caput. enough. i got that this parties were about agressive, not about beauty, and i clearly remember how goa trance attached me and what way. this way u clearly hear at this great mix cd.           Believe your soul !
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Oct 22, 2002 04:51
Quote:

On 2002-10-05 16:52, shahar wrote:
I don't understand why Anders. It's a mix CD- for me it's more interesting to see what a DJ does with tracks I already know. For example the Son Kite remix to Ambrosia is much more appreciated by me here than on the CDsingle.

U got a point, even i dont have the opportunity to see markus dj here in their own time, well ive had my chances i guess. But for me hearing a mixed cd with only unreleased tracks makes it a "whole new cd" just as an ordinary album would... So away with the licensed trax and gimme some real mixes

A
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Digital DJ- Marcus of Son Kite (Digital Structures, Sep. 2002)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance