Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Cosmic Tone - Going Solo (Trancelucent 2004)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Cosmic Tone - Going Solo (Trancelucent 2004)

Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Apr 4, 2004 11:25
Cosmic Tone (Roei Nissan) delivers here ‘easy deep morning full on listening’.

What does it means ? It’s nice, you can easily work with it in the background but it’s not very catching. After a while, the album continue to play & you don’t pretty care too much about it.

Why ?

The production is good but supercial & cheap, Cosmic Tone uses a very restricted bank of sounds all along his 9 nine tracks. Furthermore, due to the deep morning style, the harmonies sounds very muffled that’s normal for deep morning , but really lack of constrast between the melody & the musical background soudscapes. Globally the musical content results too compress, each elements has nearly the same power.

Except on Africana, where he really puts some effort for giving different sounds & a diffrent build up, btw it’s easily the best track by far of the album.

Nevertheless, if you listen to the tracks individually, one by one, it’s ok. But a whole listen of Going Solo is quickly boring & i guess few people would could stand it.

I think that’s not a really totally achieved album for me it’s half made, especially it’s suffers from comparison with last Cosmic Tone’s stuffs on compilation (The Cosmic Story on Blue Leprechaun, Your Destination on Buckle Up) where he seems to give his full potential.

More diverisity through the tracks would have been welcome (for example i won’t be against a less morning way album fill in with some more pumping groovy tunes like he can do) althoug could be good enough for those who mainly dig into deep morning full on.

6/10
PlutoDelic
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Dec 23, 2008 18:08
i do have the honor to revive this topic

i am definitely not a fan of the present cosmic tone, but i remember the first time when i've reached an album called Overwhelming, it was different from what i've hear all the time, it was edgy music with very playful basslines, metamorphic effects and melodies that fitted to the term "psy".

after i began researching for more stuff of this/these artist(s), i found Going Solo, and there's one thing i can say about this album, MAGICAL, it's a voyage into the deepness of thoughts, you can clearly smell on the air what the artists thought about when doing this album, absolute love oriented music onto the world, in my opinion, the true speed/music for the MORNING sound, i could never imagine something better then this album when the dark sky begins to enlighten

very emotional piece of art, it reflects the name of the author, cause the music he made are really Tones from the Cosmos

favs. 3!, 4!, 7, 8.           PSYKS
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Cosmic Tone - Going Solo (Trancelucent 2004)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance