Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - ChiChime @ Transient (1st February 2003)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

ChiChime @ Transient (1st February 2003)

Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Feb 1, 2003 20:46
this is going to be a forum reunion hehe....

see ya all there

cheers           (-:"The Psychoactive Is So Powerfull
Since The Discovery Of L.S.D"
:-)
jon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Feb 2, 2003 19:30
ummm well I am awake again and feel like posting about the party!

I had an amazingly good night.... a very social one.... it was the first time in ages that I have felt a real gut-wrenching sadness when the lights came on at the end (and before you ask: I was in fact sober:).... i just wanted a couple more hours.....

I managed to chart a course through the evening on which the music was top almost the whole time. There were some sound problems in the main room at the start, but anyway I was listening to Tom in the 2nd room. Ok I am biased but I am telling you he played a very strong 3 hour progressive set. My spies tell me it was more clubby at the beginning, but by the time i arrived he had moved on to faves like Bitmonx - erdbeer kiwi (xv kilist version).... and son kite's remix of vernon's wonderland... Mixing was excellent. Sound was very clear, and the programme was exactly right for the time/place....

Afterwards i drifted back to the main room where Mr Kuma was in full swing. All earlier problems had evaporated and the music was VERY LOUD, clean, and it was great fullon. I was really impressed cos I havent seen Kuma before Well, except at an afternoon party in cyberdog (cough).

Similarly superb was kristian who played upbeat fullon, so as to give a smooth transition to Astral Projection. He was obviously enjoying himself a lot (mixing, and also cos by now it was clear this was turning into a killer party!)

Astral Projection themselves played exactly what I was hoping for! : a blend of tunes from Amen (especially at the start of their set), together with all my past favourites like Alien Contact, People can Fly, mahadeva... I think they had all been reworked a bit, or at least they sounded damn good on that sound system. More melodic than I usually listen to, sure, but it sounded great and not _just_ for nostalgia value (that too though!)

The only blot was their last tune which nearly made me throw up! Ooops!! It stood out because it was not psychedelic trance but real euphoric euro-trance-pop fare.... a shame cos i enjoyed everything else they played.... not sure what was going on.

To see us through to breakfast time was Steve Fortu and he was in fine form.... not such a hard set for the most part (I mean with respect to intensity) but high quality and very enjoyable, especially since my legs were giving way by this stage!

the crowd was really enthusiastic... i think that's a usual feature of Chichime + EQ centre....there were a lot of people and it was hot(!) but you could escape at the back. The decor was even better than usual, Tim Smile had done an especially good job in the 2nd room which usually looks a bit bare... last night it felt like some kind of grotto with netting hanging from the ceiling etc...

I mentioned to tom at some point last night that i think 2003 is going pretty well so far: natural order did a great party last week, the best natural order I have been to, and this chichime was i think the best chichime I have been to as well! I dunno if it is just cos of the break over the holidays, but it feels like things are getting better and better....

Thanks Kristian, Phil, Steve and everyone who played...
Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Feb 2, 2003 22:42
ho, i drank so much

well...we arrived at about 24:00 and went to the Progressive room for tom set, wich kept the crowd dancing non Stop, nice mixing, with good selection of progressive tunes (i think it even was more pack at this time then the main room).

after that we all went to the main room and i was so happy to see lots of people i know, i think that the crowd of this event was the top of the top, great vibe (and great women too)

but the thing is i didnt liked so Much the Kuma set it was more acidic full-On, not really my taste.

then kristian started to kick the dance floor, with great mixing like always and great tunes with lots of energy in them and very groovy, a this point evryone was dancing with lots of power hehe...

then Astral Projection went to stage at about 4:00am and i must tell you that i saw them live at least 5 times (they are not really my style), but this set was really good, mixing with old and new tunes, i felt like im back to 97-99, when they play Peope Can Fly the crowd went Mental.

then fortu gave quite a progressive-Full On style wich i think was to hard ffor this time of the day but still i enjoy dancing non Stop.

Anyway....that was a GREAT Party, so i still didnt went to sleep so im drunk im stone and tierd.....GOOD NIGHT !!!!!!

(-:"The Psychoactive Is So Powerfull
Since The Discovery Of L.S.D"
:-)
tom anteater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Feb 3, 2003 02:23
well guys i gotta say i REALLY had a good time at this party!!

astral projection were a revelation as far as i was concerned all the old classics banging out at full clear volume.. simply perfect.. i am never going to disparage them again, sure, i may not like their current stuff so much, but last night it was clear.. they really know how to rock a dancefloor!

cheers to everybody who came and grooved especially the usual suspects and the chichime crew oh, and happy birthday phil           >>love will tear us apart...<<
pavi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Feb 3, 2003 21:10
A lot of , ,

, , then much

& and

so many !

Very, very

Within this timeless gathering,
a shining light does dance,
lost from conscious memory,
but visible in trance!

www.alchemyrecords.co.uk
Kristian
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Feb 4, 2003 00:06
phew !fully recovered from that one.it was hard work in the early hours.especially standing in the cold at stratford tube station directing the shuttle service[couldnt let phill do it all as it was his birthday].thanks for the wonderful reviews boys.it always a pleasure to see u have enjoyed yourselves at chichime.
Ananda
Audiobrains

Started Topics :  62
Posted : Feb 4, 2003 20:00
Nice to see that Chichime has pleased ppl again .
Tom I will not miss next one where you play !!

See you all soon I hope ...

Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - ChiChime @ Transient (1st February 2003)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance