Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum  Forum  Trance - Bringing an artists from out state

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Bringing an artists from out state

suomi guy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posts :  347
Posted : Oct 11, 2005 16:09
I see more and more parties with some artists from out of state that comes and play a Dj set and not a Live act, and i don't get it. I mean why would the organizers pay a lot of money for flying tickets and the set and all other expenses and wouldn't add some more for a live act, whats the point with an artist playing a Dj set? every average dj can do it with much much less money, and even do it better cause there are lots of artists which don't know mixing. Also in a dj set a lot of artists playing other artists tracks and not there own.
So, whats the whole point on doing it? you don't care to pay so much money only for the plane tickets (which sometimes are from very far places such as Finland, Australia and Brazil whats make it even more expensive) but you can't afford (or just being chip) to pay a little bit more for the live? its not like they play for free anyway.
          "My single one to cross the ways that have heart, any way that has heart. That way I cross, and the only test that is worth is to cross all its length. And that way I cross watching, watching, out of breath"
Don Juan
Liquid-Vision


Started Topics :  3
Posts :  660
Posted : Oct 11, 2005 16:13
Quote:

On 2005-10-11 16:09, suomi guy wrote:
but you can't afford (or just being chip)




you just answered your own question           We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home.
suomi guy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posts :  347
Posted : Oct 11, 2005 16:19
but it doesn't make sense... i mean you already got to pay a lot of money for the whole thing, so whats the big deal about not playing a live set, the different between a dj set to a live act, if you conclude all other expenses on the artists, is minimal.
And parties with artists from out state are usually big and expensive and the organizers making lots of money...so i don't think they can't afford it.
Organizers always saying they always care about the crowd, this is another example why its all about the money and not the joy of the crowd.
          "My single one to cross the ways that have heart, any way that has heart. That way I cross, and the only test that is worth is to cross all its length. And that way I cross watching, watching, out of breath"
Don Juan
Liquid-Vision


Started Topics :  3
Posts :  660
Posted : Oct 11, 2005 16:22
They're just being cheap I guess. Here in the US we dont have (good) big and expensive parties really, so when an organizer brings an artist for just a dj set, he really cant afford it, and thats fine IMO

          We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home.
raider
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posts :  491
Posted : Oct 11, 2005 16:28
In some situations the artist is touring and is just nearby, so it's easy for the artist to go to the nearby country to do a gig and then travel along. And a known artist obviously attract more attention than a local DJ, even if the artist is only DJ'ing at this particularly party. In Copenhagen we had Astrix DJ'ing at a club without playing live, and the party was stacked with people anyways.          LABEL-DJ @ 3D VISION RECORDINGS | www.myspace.com/djraider | www.myspace.com/3dvisionrecordings
Dennis the menace
DevilsDennis Sparris McHilton

Started Topics :  128
Posts :  2899
Posted : Oct 11, 2005 16:47
well most djsets are even more live than most artists "live sets" are...


in a djset there is actually live mixing and not linedup trax in a laptop '(in case its not one of thoose so called laptop performers)

But some artists are actually playing their live LIVE, but i guess it has to be more than 1 person to do that..
but then again, what do you see as live?

sorry if i went oftopic
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posts :  3605
Posted : Oct 11, 2005 18:16
It's always better to see Artist then a DJ. I really don't car if its live or a set its music anyway. It's always nice to see the artist behind the music.

p.s

DJ'S don't know how to make music but know how to mix.

Artist don't know how to mix; but they know how to make music.

I still prefer an Artist in a party
.          -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Ron Lyner
Ron Lyner

Started Topics :  21
Posts :  685
Posted : Oct 11, 2005 19:30
dj set is better
          http://www.o-zen.com/art/ranal
-------------------------------------
You wanna dance?!...I know a tune...its called stick and CUT!!
V.L
suomi guy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posts :  347
Posted : Oct 11, 2005 20:01
Quote:

On 2005-10-11 16:47, Dennis the menace wrote:
well most djsets are even more live than most artists "live sets" are...


in a djset there is actually live mixing and not linedup trax in a laptop '(in case its not one of thoose so called laptop performers)

But some artists are actually playing their live LIVE, but i guess it has to be more than 1 person to do that..
but then again, what do you see as live?

sorry if i went oftopic



i'm not talking about a laptop...laptop can also be a dj set with Traktor of BPM studio...i'm talking about live with instruments and synths etc. which is the best way to listen to the artist's music...           "My single one to cross the ways that have heart, any way that has heart. That way I cross, and the only test that is worth is to cross all its length. And that way I cross watching, watching, out of breath"
Don Juan
suomi guy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posts :  347
Posted : Oct 11, 2005 20:06
Quote:

On 2005-10-11 18:16, Nathan wrote:
It's always better to see Artist then a DJ. I really don't car if its live or a set its music anyway. It's always nice to see the artist behind the music.

p.s

DJ'S don't know how to make music but know how to mix.

Artist don't know how to mix; but they know how to make music.

I still prefer an Artist in a party
.


but what does it worth to see the artist behind the music if its not live? i can do it 2...maybe even better...and in less less money. why would you pay so much money for an artist to come so he can just role the pioneers? what is it worth?

and i don't agree with you...lots of dj's making music...lots of artists also know mixing...take Tsuyoshi for example which is a better Dj than an artist in my opinion. what you said is more right for this days...few months ago some artist came here to israel for a dj set and it was horrible...every mix was worst than the one before...so you payed him so much money...bring him here from far away...just for doing some bad ugly mixes...its fucked up.           "My single one to cross the ways that have heart, any way that has heart. That way I cross, and the only test that is worth is to cross all its length. And that way I cross watching, watching, out of breath"
Don Juan
dE.Tonatik
Detonatik

Started Topics :  83
Posts :  2374
Posted : Oct 11, 2005 20:13
i love DJ sets ...

more power
more passion

@ dennis the menace ---> come to india mate
Kemic-Al
Kemic-Al

Started Topics :  12
Posts :  483
Posted : Oct 11, 2005 20:15

When they ask for a DJ set I play my music mostly plus I have many other bits and bobs that I mix with the music to make it even worth while and different
mubali
Mubali

Started Topics :  71
Posts :  2219
Posted : Oct 11, 2005 20:41
For some live acts, they require a lot of gear that they cannot or will not bring with them on a plane all over the place. This raises the price of the act significantly. There are also acts that are more than one person, and some people cannot afford to fly out more than one person. True there are many artists that aren't the most technically sound as a dj, but I've seen djs that are the same way. We also have to remember that many artists charge an arm and a leg for a live performance, that coupled with an expensive plane ticket and accomodation makes it very difficult to have many artists out.

Personally, I try my hardest to have my live sets and dj sets be just as good as each other. I was a dj before I started producing, and sometimes I really miss mixing more than doing a live set. When I do a dj set, I tend to play most of my own stuff, especially if I am not doing a live set at all that night... If I am doing a live and dj set, then I will play a lot of my friend's stuff during a dj set... And as long as I'm not incredibly trashed, I won't sound like 2 sneakers in the dryer.           An Eagle may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
FrodOhm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posts :  1018
Posted : Oct 11, 2005 20:50
Quote:

On 2005-10-11 18:16, Nathan wrote:

p.s

DJ'S don't know how to make music but know how to mix.

Artist don't know how to mix; but they know how to make music.
.



Well , i dont think this is right at all!
This can go either way ,true... BUT however theres is plenty of exeptions that has talent to manage both perfectly!
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posts :  3605
Posted : Oct 11, 2005 20:55
Quote:

On 2005-10-11 20:06, suomi guy wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-10-11 18:16, Nathan wrote:
It's always better to see Artist then a DJ. I really don't car if its live or a set its music anyway. It's always nice to see the artist behind the music.

p.s

DJ'S don't know how to make music but know how to mix.

Artist don't know how to mix; but they know how to make music.

I still prefer an Artist in a party
.


but what does it worth to see the artist behind the music if its not live? i can do it 2...maybe even better...and in less less money. why would you pay so much money for an artist to come so he can just role the pioneers? what is it worth?

and i don't agree with you...lots of dj's making music...lots of artists also know mixing...take Tsuyoshi for example which is a better Dj than an artist in my opinion. what you said is more right for this days...few months ago some artist came here to israel for a dj set and it was horrible...every mix was worst than the one before...so you payed him so much money...bring him here from far away...just for doing some bad ugly mixes...its fucked up.




Ok. That is your opinion and i respect that.
But let me give u an example: Raja Ram Is A good artist but his mixing skills are not so good. But he is a show !he is like a comedian on his sets with his moves.
          -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Trance Forum  Forum  Trance - Bringing an artists from out state

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon


Copyright © 1997-2020 IsraTrance