Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Software - Bitwig Studio...

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Bitwig Studio...

Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  87
Posted : Jan 27, 2014 08:48:19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEezISYSUfE

one hell of a DAW

i`m totally in..ablewhat? xD

-------......-------...-..-..-..-.-.-.-.-
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Started Topics :  187
Posted : Jan 27, 2014 11:18
The online project sharing of this thing is the major selling point for me.
If they sort that out I might look into learning that as well to use with someone when not making tunes on my own in Logic.           
http://soundcloud.com/martianarts
Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 27, 2014 11:31
well, thats planned for version 2, so might take a while..

however, the arrangement looks far better than in live and in combination with the clip launcher and all that little improvements over live i`m really looking forward..

probably gonna pass on cubase after finishing open projects..live already on sell^^
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  119
Posted : Jan 27, 2014 14:07
You had me at hybrid tracks,,,, great idea, render a vst and have the audio and vst processed on the same track, cut down on cpu

Its got cv tools as well if I aint mistaken,
Or is that another daw           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 27, 2014 15:31
Quote:

On 2014-01-27 14:07, woodster77 wrote:

Its got cv tools as well if I aint mistaken,
Or is that another daw

not sure actualy..           -------......-------...-..-..-..-.-.-.-.-
vipal
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  123
Posted : Jan 27, 2014 22:56

http://soundcloud.com/vipal
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  119
Posted : Jan 28, 2014 19:25
Im sure there were some cv tools modules in the modular package, hard to find a full spec sheet for this yet           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 30, 2014 14:35
one cannot send midi data to another channel at least, also no multi out option from vsts in version 1..           -------......-------...-..-..-..-.-.-.-.-
splikz

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jan 31, 2014 01:09
the most exciting feature:
"Multi-user music production over the internet"

soon...
frisbeehead
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  10
Posted : Feb 1, 2014 16:02
usually I'm not that interested in new daws. after you have some workflow going in your software of choice, chances are you're better off without going through the trouble of learning how to do the same things you do already, but differently with another set of keyboard shortcuts, interface particularities, so forth and so on...

last time I was interested was with Ohm Studio, precisely for enabling users to work on projects online, like they say they're going to implement on this one. it also has a pretty good package of instruments, if you ask me, better then mostly everything out there tbo. decently priced and the interface looks cool to my eyes. at the time it was still lacking in more advanced audio editing and midi features though.

so, for those interested in this internet collab sort of thing, you should probably take a look at this one. you must give it to them, they were the first with such an idea. and they're also busy trying to make people from different areas of the world connect to make music through their blog and challenges, which is a very nice thing to.

anyway, this bitwig thing is surely inspired in Ableton Live - the interface could almost be considered a rip of if you ask me - but the way it enables you to quickly edit audio on the fly, and that thing he's doing with the clips really seems like a step forward. it's like they unashamedly copied everything good from the others and present this rich featured new thing that looks like everything else, only packed together. cool stuff

EDIT

one more thing:

32/64 bit VST support

this is what sensible developers are doing as opposed to Apple. there, I said it XD
Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 1, 2014 18:10
Quote:

On 2014-02-01 16:02, frisbeehead wrote:

you must give it to them, they were the first with such an idea.

the idea is not new, there always has been tools to connect two projects for sharing performance and collaboration, but sure thing..this is a step forward and ohmforce does it really well..

Quote:

anyway, this bitwig thing is surely inspired in Ableton Live - the interface could almost be considered a rip of if you ask me -

yea, actualy is a clone of that clip launcher, probaply those bitwig guys coded it for ableton as well, since all 4 main guys worked for ableton as well..

the combination with a good looking arranger sets it totally apart for me..i just hate the arranger in live, not inspiring or clean at all..

Quote:

EDIT

one more thing:

32/64 bit VST support

this is what sensible developers are doing as opposed to Apple. there, I said it XD

also linux support, for those who are into that..

and here is a video that shows the midi workflow quite well, i like that you can access all track notes from selected tracks quite fast..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxkqqBZw6sY

then there is the back to arrangement follow action, means you can play your arrangement, and launch a clip on top, and as soon as this is played, the playback turns back to arrangement..pretty cool for live use i think..           -------......-------...-..-..-..-.-.-.-.-
frisbeehead
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  10
Posted : Feb 2, 2014 01:05
being that this guys worked with Ableton, it makes more sense now. and shows they're not exactly new to the game. this thing seems to come packed with extremely well thought out features, from someone who makes music and knows how you could streamline the whole process.

been long before something as interesting comes along, I mean, most daws are exactly the same feature wise and encourage a way of working that is - besides some little differences - more a less the same. Ableton was and is different, and this seems like the merging together of those two seemingly different ways of approaching music software these days with some more tricks up their sleeves as well, I'm impressed.

and yeah, linux is finally getting a (decent) daw, that's cool!
Flowertz
Flowertz

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Feb 3, 2014 15:02
I was not interested either but after having seen some videos and read some features I can say that I'm interested now, very courious..I'm using Studio one at the moment and I'm really happy..but as I said I'm going to try as soon as I can

let see what happens           https://soundcloud.com/flowertz
moleqlarsuperstructure
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Feb 7, 2014 14:39
im guessing this is ableton 10. probably its about marketing or something else. it looks just to similiar even the package design the logo its also in berlin, this is a STASI abelton marketing project.

i mean these days you pay alot for that kind of ripp offs.....           
http://soundcloud.com/neonjade
Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 8, 2014 00:56
hm, you pay nothing unless you break a law and get a lawsuit..so i really doubt they would have started such a project if there were any kind of patented rights for ableton..

they say themselves, they took the best stuff out of cubase/live/logic and whatnot..and put into a shiny new software..

why not?

basically every daw is a rip off of another one..
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Software - Bitwig Studio...

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance