Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum  Forum  DJing - Best Dj'ing Software ???
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Best Dj'ing Software ???

psy-junky
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posts :  2125
Posted : Feb 21, 2009 12:45
Quote:

On 2009-02-21 12:31, Dennis the menace wrote:
To much to write =)

http://www.evobyecler.com/5/index.html




oooh Ecler i like .... Too much money though.
But surely top grade equipment.

Also ive been noticing lately in the dj section you have posted many progressive sets. But not many night psy mixed. Can you give me some links ?           "Whoever said the best things in life are free... obviously grew their own bud"
psy-junky
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posts :  2125
Posted : Feb 21, 2009 12:48
Quote:

On 2009-02-21 12:43, x-rayz wrote:
psy-junky use deckadance, thats for me best software for virtual djing..
Again I stand by the serato cause I heard from TS users that they have problems connecting it on existing setup in the club.. And a lot of users nagged about stability, ur lucky u dont have any problems, nice to hear that..
But personaly I dont like the looks of Tractor, I didnt like it when it was virtual djing program, nor do I like it now when its TS, though it looks better, more minimalistic..




Does Deckadance let me use two individual sound cards with one channel on each?
          "Whoever said the best things in life are free... obviously grew their own bud"
Dennis the menace
Moderator

Started Topics :  128
Posts :  2899
Posted : Feb 21, 2009 12:56
Quote:

On 2009-02-21 12:45, psy-junky wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-02-21 12:31, Dennis the menace wrote:
To much to write =)

http://www.evobyecler.com/5/index.html




oooh Ecler i like .... Too much money though.
But surely top grade equipment.

Also ive been noticing lately in the dj section you have posted many progressive sets. But not many night psy mixed. Can you give me some links ?




I have a break from nightmusic at the moment.. Trying my luck in the progressive scene But i will see if i can dig up some old nighttime djsets..
Wicked sound System
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posts :  325
Posted : Feb 21, 2009 13:16
Quote:

On 2009-02-18 03:19, Jester Records wrote:
i love the feel of "NoSoftwear".. it runs smooth's and never crash's and the interface is fun to learn and play with. if you haven't tried it yet, i strongly recommend.. ;P





agreed . but in case of psytrance..its much more than a dj concept. the controll you can have over music and story definetly cannot be compated with cdjs ..both has its advantages and disadvantages .end of the day what matters is how comfortable you are with what ever you use . the nosoftware thing is more like a mental block for some .open up .. and see what technology has to offer . its about giving people a good experience , dosnt matter software , cd machines or dat players

and my conclusion after experience with both .

i love the feel of "Softwear with haedware".. it runs smooth and i have all my music with me and i focus more on story than wasting my time on beat maching , cueing blah blah , i can flip out(optional) and the interface is fun to learn and play with(much more than cdjs). if you haven't tried it yet, i strongly recommend.. ;P

p.s but definetly dont abuse it by playing mp3s


Bom !

-------------------------

http://www.myspace.com/wikedsoundsystem

http://www.freakuencies.com


x-rayz
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posts :  576
Posted : Feb 21, 2009 13:38
junky I spent half year until I had enough money to buy serato spinnin on turntables connected via 5.1 external usb soundcard to a pc with deckadance installed. It took me another half year just to get that running. Thats the only software that supports connection of turntables and pc via timecoded vinyls/CDs with no external hardware other than cheap audio card and a pair of timecoded vinyls..
U have the full shematics I made for poor ppl like me :-D If ur interested in such setup, just search for the topic "Poor mans serato" here on isratrance..
But like I said, Serato is definite choice, other stuff is good for practice and can serve for some time until u get hold of serato..           http://www.facebook.com/xrayzproductions
http://www.myspace.com/xrayzproductions
Becktrank
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posts :  537
Posted : Feb 21, 2009 22:12
Quote:

On 2009-02-21 13:16, Wicked sound System wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-02-18 03:19, Jester Records wrote:
i love the feel of "NoSoftwear".. it runs smooth's and never crash's and the interface is fun to learn and play with. if you haven't tried it yet, i strongly recommend.. ;P





agreed . but in case of psytrance..its much more than a dj concept. the controll you can have over music and story definetly cannot be compated with cdjs ..both has its advantages and disadvantages .end of the day what matters is how comfortable you are with what ever you use . the nosoftware thing is more like a mental block for some .open up .. and see what technology has to offer . its about giving people a good experience , dosnt matter software , cd machines or dat players

and my conclusion after experience with both .

i love the feel of "Softwear with haedware".. it runs smooth and i have all my music with me and i focus more on story than wasting my time on beat maching , cueing blah blah , i can flip out(optional) and the interface is fun to learn and play with(much more than cdjs). if you haven't tried it yet, i strongly recommend.. ;P

p.s but definetly dont abuse it by playing mp3s



I have a pair of cdjs but i was thinking to switch to computer based dj as I dont have enough space..

What software and controller do you use? Do you let the software do all the work like beatchmathin for you?

[]`s           ``We shall not cease from exploration - And the end of all our exploring - Will be to arrive where we started - And know the place for the first time.``

bahia
Dennis the menace
Moderator

Started Topics :  128
Posts :  2899
Posted : Feb 21, 2009 22:31
dont switch, expand and evolve instead
Becktrank
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posts :  537
Posted : Feb 22, 2009 22:56
When i said switch, i mean, i cant have both equipament, controller and cdjs cause of the $$ and space.           ``We shall not cease from exploration - And the end of all our exploring - Will be to arrive where we started - And know the place for the first time.``

bahia
Spindrift
Spindrift

Started Topics :  33
Posts :  1560
Posted : Feb 23, 2009 00:42
I used to DJ with Traktor some years ago, but when I got the hang of how to use Ableton for DJ'ing I just stuck with that and have not tried any other software since. They all look like they are made to be a CDJ emulation, and that seems very limiting to me.

Of course what software is best is very individual...if you don't want to rearrange, process and mess around with adding loops and stuff, then for example at least early versions of Traktor has a much more convenient interface than Live.
But if you like to use a computer instead of CDJ's to expand on your creative possibilities and like to make more advanced hardware setups than using on of the typical CDJ+mixer type controllers, then Live is superior IMO.

Personally I use a very compact but powerful controller setup, which consists of a little A4Tech gamer keypad that I have programmed using autohotkey to give all the control I need for loading, playing, looping, cueing, controlling tempo, triggering fx and so on.
And using a BCR-2000 I have enough knobs and buttons to do have dedicated controls for all my mixing and processing functions, and the LED indicators make it easy to see what is going on.

Mouseless operation is really great for a number of reasons. When using the mouse you need to stare at the screen which makes you loose contact with the crowd and also is a lot slower than accessing dedicated hardware buttons.
And if you play long sets using a mouse can be a real killer for the back unless the table is not just the right height. When pressing buttons you don't need to be positioned in such a specific angle and hence get much better ergonomy.
          (``.(``.(``..`).`).`)
.....www.ResonantEarth.com.....
(.`(.`(.```.)``.)``.)

http://www.myspace.com/spindriftsounds
http://www.myspace.com/resonantearth
Zoopy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  44
Posts :  538
Posted : Apr 14, 2009 04:05
Quote:

On 2009-02-23 00:42, Spindrift wrote:
I used to DJ with Traktor some years ago, but when I got the hang of how to use Ableton for DJ'ing I just stuck with that and have not tried any other software since. They all look like they are made to be a CDJ emulation, and that seems very limiting to me.

Of course what software is best is very individual...if you don't want to rearrange, process and mess around with adding loops and stuff, then for example at least early versions of Traktor has a much more convenient interface than Live.
But if you like to use a computer instead of CDJ's to expand on your creative possibilities and like to make more advanced hardware setups than using on of the typical CDJ+mixer type controllers, then Live is superior IMO.

Personally I use a very compact but powerful controller setup, which consists of a little A4Tech gamer keypad that I have programmed using autohotkey to give all the control I need for loading, playing, looping, cueing, controlling tempo, triggering fx and so on.
And using a BCR-2000 I have enough knobs and buttons to do have dedicated controls for all my mixing and processing functions, and the LED indicators make it easy to see what is going on.

Mouseless operation is really great for a number of reasons. When using the mouse you need to stare at the screen which makes you loose contact with the crowd and also is a lot slower than accessing dedicated hardware buttons.
And if you play long sets using a mouse can be a real killer for the back unless the table is not just the right height. When pressing buttons you don't need to be positioned in such a specific angle and hence get much better ergonomy.






DO you warp your tracks?
Spindrift
Spindrift

Started Topics :  33
Posts :  1560
Posted : Apr 14, 2009 17:21
Quote:

On 2009-04-14 04:05, Zoopy wrote:

DO you warp your tracks?


Sure...having a setup where you beatmatch manually would be possible with Live, but then a lot of the creative potential goes away.
Beatmatching and synchronizing all loops and effects manually would just be too time-consuming, and IMO it really pays off to find tempo and start points in advance rather than spending time with that stuff during the performance.
          (``.(``.(``..`).`).`)
.....www.ResonantEarth.com.....
(.`(.`(.```.)``.)``.)

http://www.myspace.com/spindriftsounds
http://www.myspace.com/resonantearth
vision dream
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  59
Posts :  218
Posted : Apr 17, 2009 03:18





live ableton. it's the best for so muchlonger than any other one!! and one complement could be mixed in key, platimun tone. for djing!! that my own perception!!



see ya then!!
reEto
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  44
Posts :  31
Posted : Apr 21, 2009 19:32
oh, i do not know if there is a best one. i think it depends on the quality & performance. The renderengine, the used resources.

if you can use your software the right way, its the best because you get the best results.

ALWAYS REMEMBER: Software makes NOT a good DJ or Act!!! Your skills & and ears did this!!

cheeRs & plugOut



#
#
#
#
#
#

..........................8""""""
eeeee.....eeee...8..........eeeeee....eeeee
8.....8......8.........8eeee......8..........8....88
8eee8e...8eee...88............8e........8......8
88.....8....88.......88............88........8......8
88.....8....88ee...88eee......88........8eee8

#
#
####### ##### ### ## #           ..*` .hiB - modular created & tri modular mixed Music - http://www.reeto.de *..
reEto
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  44
Posts :  31
Posted : Feb 28, 2010 19:47
@ all i have tested all the software around since digital music beginning. just crappp for me. i wrote my own one. worx very fine for me

cheers & dont freeZe

.reEto           ..*` .hiB - modular created & tri modular mixed Music - http://www.reeto.de *..
DJSarasin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posts :  789
Posted : Mar 1, 2010 14:07
Quote:

On 2009-02-23 00:42, Spindrift wrote:
I used to DJ with Traktor some years ago, but when I got the hang of how to use Ableton for DJ'ing I just stuck with that and have not tried any other software since. They all look like they are made to be a CDJ emulation, and that seems very limiting to me.

Of course what software is best is very individual...if you don't want to rearrange, process and mess around with adding loops and stuff, then for example at least early versions of Traktor has a much more convenient interface than Live.
But if you like to use a computer instead of CDJ's to expand on your creative possibilities and like to make more advanced hardware setups than using on of the typical CDJ+mixer type controllers, then Live is superior IMO.

Personally I use a very compact but powerful controller setup, which consists of a little A4Tech gamer keypad that I have programmed using autohotkey to give all the control I need for loading, playing, looping, cueing, controlling tempo, triggering fx and so on.
And using a BCR-2000 I have enough knobs and buttons to do have dedicated controls for all my mixing and processing functions, and the LED indicators make it easy to see what is going on.

Mouseless operation is really great for a number of reasons. When using the mouse you need to stare at the screen which makes you loose contact with the crowd and also is a lot slower than accessing dedicated hardware buttons.
And if you play long sets using a mouse can be a real killer for the back unless the table is not just the right height. When pressing buttons you don't need to be positioned in such a specific angle and hence get much better ergonomy.





How about using Traktor with the Audio sent out into Abelton via JackPilot (Mac)?

Then if you usin a midi controller....just remap the volumes and X fader to use Ableton's, not Traktors!

Then you can use VST's etc.

          Beartrap - SA

WEBSITE:
www.myspace.com/djsarasin
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beartrap-Productions/35950216057
DJ SET DOWNLOAD:
www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiWqeyTf0Uk
Trance Forum  Forum  DJing - Best Dj'ing Software ???
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon


Copyright © 1997-2019 IsraTrance