Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Azax Syndrom - Evolution (3DVision, March 2007)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Azax Syndrom - Evolution (3DVision, March 2007)

Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Apr 20, 2007 14:41
Azax Syndrom is Regev Azarya of Israel - a producer known for his incredible power in production and energy levels that maintain themselves throughout the music. This highly anticipated album was something i was indeed looking forward to listen to - lets lets dive in.

1.Warewolf - after a short nightish intro we dive right into a rolling 3dvision baseline. building scratchy leads coming along with wolves howling are the base of the track. the power keeps going until a series of breaks that leads up to the final explosion and it is a massive one! around 6 min is total havoc!

2.The Policy - is a track that reminds me what 3dvision is all about. pressure and stress - creepy eerie delayed leads along with a big drums are having a nice dialogue and carry the track along. lots of effects on this aggressive beast... dont know what policy Azax is talking about, but it might be a health insurance for your back - as u may break it while dancing to this one.

3.World of Illusion - rolls forward with no mercy. good atmosphere in this one, nice breaks and a lead finale that comes from nowhere and is quite powerful.

4.Existence - takes off some of the pressure of the previous tracks. although its not a progressive track by any means. it takes time to build up with lots of dialogues and effects on the leaders. interesting middle part to this one i think, powerful and driving.

5.Rain V2 - distorted guitar mayhem in the intro gives way to a slow build with techy samples that set the mood. very metal'ish feeling track - the riff sounds monsterous i like the part it plays... big explosion in the end... a bit gothic metal style.

6.Down the Stairs Remix - is a remix to CPU from his first album - this freight train doesnt stop to ride forward head down fist forward. fun to hear this track again, as i use to play the original quite alot. good stuff!

7.Flawless Victory - features mortal kombat samples. starts with a big intro into a prog base line. it obviously doesnt stay that way for long... the impact is big and the track builds and builds. the final break is quite massive and forceful, it is sure a nice present for the floor.

8.Simulated Disorder - i like the seriousness of this track, lots of games and effects a twisted melody and menacing riffs. it gets quite quirky in the middle and ofcourse the finale builds and builds until it unleashes on you.

9.Cognitive Incident - is another track that has that gothic metal feel to me. kind of strange, bizzare oldschool melodies. its a nice mix with the pads and the vocal samples. it might be the most morning'ish track here and hence is last in Evolution.

Conclusion:All in all this is first and foremost a 101% dance floor album. doesnt try to be anything else - this is what the music is written for. Azax delivers much power and mentally grips you on pretty much every track. the music makes you 'work' phyiscally as it unrelenting and forceful with lots of booty shaking tricks. quite a powerful CD, will be in my case for months to come for certain. the mastering is well done and should be commented on, nice job by Domestic.
ima amar, well done! expecting to hear more from you in your lifetime 'Evolution'.
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
HujaBoy
HujaBoy

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Apr 20, 2007 14:52
Very good no compromising album with full impact on the dancfloor!
Ive seen him playing live a few times and the response is amazing.
All the best Itzazikis!
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Apr 20, 2007 14:54
Its a shame the artist name cant be spelt properly
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Apr 20, 2007 15:03
did i fix it right?           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Apr 20, 2007 15:18
Yeah u did.

Anyways the story of the review" the final break is explosive on the dance floor", i personally liked the album its not the typical azax syndrom style that we have been accustomed to but a little more towards full-on style towards the dancing agenda, nice work done on this album.
For me flawless victory, warewolf and existence has ripped the soul of this CD, the Remix of down the stairs is out right screwed. its not even close to a new sound he just messed my all time favourite CPU track.

But hey a good recommend.

bom            “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
saar
Abomination

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 20, 2007 18:00
very good album just breaks the dance floor
u are going to hear this one for a long time in parties
good job azaxo and good luck in the future
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Apr 20, 2007 21:44
IMO it's regular full on, meant for the dance floor with some tricks used repetitively.

I can't deny that some tracks are effective and that I was catched by some samples here, expect those from Mortal Kombat which ruined that otherwise intense track for me, but I like those:

"There's a guy with things coming out of his hand, you got another guy who freezes stuff...
and then there's a man who as far as I can tell is made out of electricity.
How did he disappear? What's going on here? Who is this guy?"

In short I didn't found the album innovative and it's more full on and dance floor directed than what I expected. Check the samples for yourself.
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=6442

Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
neuromantik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Apr 21, 2007 00:53
Disappointed... Only track which is worth listening to is "Simulated Disorder", which has a mean riff in the middle.. The rest ehhh....

I don't see why Azax can't make any more tracks like "Shinjitzu", "Ketuh Insomnia" and "Unconscious Mind", just to name a few... Now those are crazy off the wall...

And also, this album does not represent the 3D Vision sound IMO. Where is the crazysiness?
Saiko Dreamer

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Apr 21, 2007 06:34
i always liked Azax he got some talent and this album is no different ..but i miss some "mark tracks",tracks that you wont forget you know...there are good tracks but nothing that you will remember any time soon,thats the true ...
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Apr 21, 2007 14:13
so much energy in this album
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Apr 21, 2007 21:31
i agree with saiko dreamer - the album lacks standout tracks. i liked cognetiv incident,but asides from that the other tracks dont really stand out. and as neuromantik said as well - i was expecting stuff like shinjitzu, big mystery, unconscious mind. all in all i was a bit let down by this album. anyways my luck to azax n 3d vision with future releases.
-angad           www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Apr 22, 2007 13:52
Not so nice. Heard all the tracks and am highly disappointed. I thought Iron Madness copies azax not vice versa :|
kajola
Kajola

Started Topics :  74
Posted : Apr 23, 2007 10:50
i like it! powerfull 3dvisions sound as it `s best!
nice work regev!!
          http://www.facebook.com/djkajola
!Ce M@n
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Apr 26, 2007 16:42
Heard my copy today ...
nice stomping album from azax.. I heard from ppl that this album's not that great .. and after listining to it .. I felt ppl have simply not heard the album properly or jus donn like his new style ...
its too good and I think every track is intresting .. or else what u expect from an album .. U donn get all killer trax as that of V.a .. but this album's not like that every track is good and keeps u glue'd to the floor!
world of illusions ,existence,down the stairs remix is nt bad though ,flawless victory and simulated disorder reminded me of his previous style wid little wackyy synths ..
well we can't compare this album to his previous production .. for sure they r master piece..
boom to regev and 3d vision recds

0x00000PSy
Perma Fry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Apr 29, 2007 11:08
I lyke the album man

maybe not as good as old stuff but thats called "evolution"... change .. existence .. Life
anyhow its a full power dancefloor blasterizor for the modern era of psychedelia

respect

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Azax Syndrom - Evolution (3DVision, March 2007)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance