Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Astral Projection - Ten (Phonokol 2004)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Astral Projection - Ten (Phonokol 2004)

psymonster

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 15, 2004 19:19
.....in my opinion i liked the albun....but it was not so good ...cuz they remixed something that was already good...
....hope they improve much more....
bizarre contact / dynamic / atomic pulse / delirious / deedrah / star x ........
...c'mom guys.....psytrance is future ...
evolution now ...           P S Y C H E D E L I C M I N D I L L U S I O N
kameleonpangea36
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Sep 16, 2004 00:02
looking foward to hearing this album, glad to see jon oo' is getting respect, he's an excellent artist. ive seen him twice now and both times were extremely impressive, he actually has a big psy background, i beleive he helps transient as well.
Kristian
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Sep 16, 2004 16:28
John 00 Flemming is getting more and more into Psy cant wait to catch up with him at the big gig in Alexandra palace in Dec.
Should be killer,top bloke.
woutski
Zen Mechanics

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Sep 16, 2004 16:55
My fave by far is BLT remix....reminds me of the good old epic bombastic stuff Flying Rhino used to put out in their golden years.
The rest is mediocre full-on stuff. Not bad, but nothing too exciting either. I think Astral deserves more.
It would have been awesome if they got remixed by some other oldschool heroes from the same league...Etnica, Tsuyoshi, Hallucinogen, Doof etc. This album would have been much more diverse and stand out in the sea of mediocre full-on compilations that get released by the day lately. Maybe we have to wait another 10 more years for a more 'worthy' tribute.
djmeghan
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Sep 16, 2004 19:32
I haven't heard this album, but all I can say is...don't fix something that it isn't broke. Meaning people shouldn't try to remix these awesome classic tracks...leave them alone.
          http://www.psylicious.com
http://3rdeyesqueegee.com
http://www.facebook.com/djmeghan
http://www.soundcloud.com/dj-meghan
Hodi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Sep 16, 2004 22:47
Quote:

don't fix something that it isn't broke.

well said!           u can find "Anything U Want" using the search...
scraper

Offtopic posts:  1
Posted: Sep 17, 2004
So you're suggesting to never mix anything ever?
Hodi

Offtopic posts:  13
Posted: Sep 18, 2004
he suggests not to remix perfect tracks.           u can find "Anything U Want" using the search...
Dominorbit

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Sep 18, 2004 16:25
In my opinion it isn´t bad that older tracks get a little different approach from the original. And since full-on is part of the present, The Astral tracks gets a total makeover. But it´s like having those guys from Fab 5 redoing my apartment, Not to keen on the style they´re into. It sure is fun this project was done, but i want to feel a deepth from the new mixes, as i feel when i hear the old ones. Before they remix tracks whitch has had such an important impact on the world of trance, i want the artists doing the remixes prove that they want to give the tracks a fresh deep sound.

cheers.
goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Sep 19, 2004 17:00
I was talking to a famous japanese DJ and he said he would play only track 10. The rest is waste.

Peace and Love
MercuryFall
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Oct 6, 2004 15:01
I tripped soooo much on AP tracks back then... All these tracks remind me of the good old days. I just LOVE the remix of Let There Be Light, very fresh, and always trippy, but the delirious remix of People Can Fly is a bad joke. Anyway, great we can hear those tracks again on the dance floors in these fresh new versions. I'm eager to listen to new projects by AP, as the 'back from hell' track on the Psytisfaction compilation really made me hungry for more

Peace!
flopZ

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Oct 6, 2004 16:40
imho john oo flemming and blt saved that album from being a total shit made by sold (with all the respect, but that's my opinion) artists....... how could astral accept rmxes like those?!?!?!? i was thinking that deedrah rmx would be good too, but i was wrong..........           [WE HAVE NO CONTROL]!
john_c
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  47
Posted : Oct 7, 2004 20:44
First, I want to say Fleming is by far the best DJ on the planet. He played here in Washington DC, in July, opening for Astral projection. AMAZING nite of music! Anywayz, I think this album isnt all terrible if you see it as an album of new full-on, and try not comparing it to the untouchable classics of old AP.

For me, the best 2 songs by FAR are the Melicia Remix of NIlaya and Bizarre Contact Remix of Chaos. BC remix is better than the original Chaos I think. CHaos the original never really did anything for me. BC guys are only 19 yrs old too!
Melicia remix of nilaya is genius for a full-on track. Theres tons of hidden sounds, you have to hear it live to fully appreciate it. The big disappointments: Star X remix of Liquid sun is horrible. Doesn't give any respect to the amazing layered synths of the original. The Powergen remix isnt bad but probably the most disappointing. It has NOTHING over the original. The synths sound much worse and its been 8 yrs since the original came out. Cmon Spacecat!! SO ya this had a lot more potential. Its not horrible and theres 2 gems on here for me. But much of the album = ZZZzzZzzzz

Finally I want to say, when I say Astral projection live, everybody said they "faked" their sets, and played it off the laptop. They were also taking shots of whiskey on stage! But the funniest thing is, I heard the BC and Melicia Remixes live, and thought they were AP's new remixes. I was wrong! So, how can u you do a live PA with a diff person's remix of your songs??? Funny story I wanted to mention. Thats all from me...
ganjagil
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Oct 11, 2004 11:02
Hey this compilation is crap even though i have to say that the best for me in it would be Space CAt - Powergen (but if compared to his old stuff like Beam me up its nothing special) and also Star-x - Liquid Sun i like a lot he is full on and original super hi and bassline has incredible expression !

boom           Your sound, is your music, is your soul keep them all on the right track!

Please Check our music at:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=438956

www.soulkontakt.com
kristyandmoe

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Oct 12, 2004 22:15
Quote:

On 2004-10-06 16:40, flopZ wrote:
imho john oo flemming and blt saved that album from being a total shit made by sold (with all the respect, but that's my opinion) artists....... how could astral accept rmxes like those?!?!?!? i was thinking that deedrah rmx would be good too, but i was wrong..........

I pretty much agree with that. I love the originals so i was probably stupid buying this......
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Astral Projection - Ten (Phonokol 2004)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance