Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Astral Projection - Ten (Phonokol 2004)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Astral Projection - Ten (Phonokol 2004)

Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Sep 3, 2004 21:20
"Full on hell" describes this aptly. WTF?

BLT, Space Cat, and John 00 save this as noted, if only for doing it a bit differently. Maybe on a few more listens I'll find one or two of the cookie cutter remixes a bit better but my initial reaction was disgust.
Dot Kite
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Sep 3, 2004 21:24
It seems to me that all these cheesy new artists from israel, should RE-think the future of their productions!

They lack of fantasy, innovation (wich is the most important element in this scene) and technical skills!

Hope they will realise it soon.....

my best wishes to all of you !
RebeL9
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  47
Posted : Sep 5, 2004 07:27
Quote:

On 2004-09-03 21:24, Dot Kite wrote:
It seems to me that all these cheesy new artists from israel, should RE-think the future of their productions!

They lack of fantasy, innovation (wich is the most important element in this scene) and technical skills!

Hope they will realise it soon.....

my best wishes to all of you !

I totally agree with you. Todays isratrance scene is so plastic. Everything sound the same. You can't tell the difference between the producers any longer because they all use exactly the same formula for each track. Just listen to all full on trance which has been released during the last 10 months. It all sound the same.

This album is no exception. The idea of letting others remix some of the biggest AP-tunes isnt bad. But its really sad that they except for J00F only invited full on artists. And the result is 9 tracks which doesnt differ much from eachother when it comes to creativity and direction. In fact they could all have been remixed by the same producer.
Notice that the best remix imo is John 00 Fleming remix which is not a standard full on dude. Remixing Mahadeva must have been the toughest tune of them all to remix because its such a huge classic. In fact it must be the tune that gave the goa trance an identity. He got more experience from club lands and djing than any of the others. Instead of just spitting out a decent remix he totally transformed the old Mahadeva into a massive dancefloor monster. A nice intepretation of an all time classic.
Thank god for J00F.
Too bad the others didn't have much to offer.
goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Sep 5, 2004 08:12
I wonder if these tracks were remixed by the likes of Man With No Name, X-Dream, MOS, Miro, Tsuyoshi, KURO, Planet Ben and others that really got talent instead of these full-on producers that made this release so ugly...

Peace and Love.
dj nadav
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Sep 5, 2004 17:12
artists like hallucinogen, man with no name, green nuns of revolution, tsuyoshi and all these kind of artists should have doing the remixes
Dot Kite
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Sep 5, 2004 17:46
Quote:

On 2004-09-05 17:12, dj nadav wrote:
artists like hallucinogen, man with no name, green nuns of revolution, tsuyoshi and all these kind of artists should have doing the remixes

I have the feeling that artists like those ones would never accept to try to rmx all these anthems from AP ! Their are serious PRODUCERS and they now what is valuable and what's not !

All these new israelly (and not only) "producers" they are new in the scene... therefor they rmx everything! From AP tracks to Prodigy and Nirvana Tracks !

Please respect the work that the original producers !

No ideas for a new track? Then try to force your immagination to get IDEAS! There is no reason to destroy the wonderful tracks that others created from their heart and soul!!!

If you still don't get IDEAS, then search for another job! Don't do this scene a POP scene!

that's all!
out!
gh0zt

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 5, 2004 19:19
J00F is not a "eurotrance popstar" he plays dark tribal and psy.
Davolo

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Sep 6, 2004 03:39
Quote:

On 2004-09-05 07:27, RebeL9 wrote:
This album is no exception. The idea of letting others remix some of the biggest AP-tunes isnt bad. But its really sad that they except for J00F only invited full on artists. And the result is 9 tracks which doesnt differ much from eachother when it comes to creativity and direction. In fact they could all have been remixed by the same producer.

You cannot have heard the album because BLT's contribution is not cookie-cutter full-on and it stands out between the 2 full-on tracks that it has been buried between.

Had a listen a few times through and while some of the comments are valid, it doesn't take away from what is a pleasurable interpretation. Fave's were Bizarre Contact, Melicia, Dynamic & BLT.
Manaslu

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Sep 6, 2004 12:15
This album sucks big time! They should have released a proper "best of" with the original versions or brought in some decent remixers like Martin Freeland, Simon Posford or Ben Watkins. Someone who are able to bring new life to those classic trax without ruining the old vibe.
el presagio

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Sep 6, 2004 15:21
i like it!!
Most of the tracks work very well in the dancefloor all of theme are good productions. offcorse everyone wanted to see their favorites artist remixing astral tracks but this names are the ones tht sell llol.

goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Sep 7, 2004 13:07
That's the point el presagio... to cash millions from guys like you. That's why "Ten" sounds sooo bad. If it was good, we would be appraising it and YOU would be cursing it...

Peace and Love
Robert
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Sep 8, 2004 03:12
Why does it said on some sites that the Deedrah remix "Clips" after 5:35 on the Transient-records version of this cd? Isnt the full version of that track on the Transient version.Is the full version only on the Phonokol-version?

------------------------------------
"I know you wont break the rules....there arent any"
Xtc's

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 8, 2004 06:36
NIce tunes from Bizarre Contact, Space cat, Blt and Jonh 00. I expected more for the other mixes but some of they are ok, others really suck hard!!!. But is difficult to improve masterpieces from AS.
shiva-x

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Sep 9, 2004 00:02
Well, personally I think this album is ok to great if you are strong enough mentally not to try to compare those remixes to the original Astral Projection. Don't think I don't know Astral because I also have "Trust in trance" "Dancing galaxy" "Another world" and "Amen". As a great fan, I find this fun to hear your favorites tracks remixed as dance floor killers. I'm not trying to compare the quality of the remixes to the original, I think it's pointless. It's just more like "another artist view of what Astral is", or new tracks inspired by Astral projection.

Just my humble opinion
ohadze

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Sep 9, 2004 12:45
Well...I'm Think that This is good album but i Expected 4 More ! ! !
Space cat And melicia Remixes Are great , But i think the best remix had done by Bizzare contact ! Amazing work ....keep on guys !:)
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Astral Projection - Ten (Phonokol 2004)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance