Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Astral Projection - Another World (Phonokol 1999)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Astral Projection - Another World (Phonokol 1999)

Trance2MoveU
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Jun 17, 2006 03:56
I just finished listening to Amen by Astral projection and was pleasantly surprised by it now that it is 4 years old. The music was rich and full and made me want to listen to more AP tracks. I was shocked to see that most of the AP albums had not been reviewed. Well, I will review this one because it is always nice to indoctrinate newbies to the scene and educate them to the genius of Astral Projection! At this time they were Avi Nissim, Lior Perlmutter, and Yaniv Haviv. I don't recall if they are all together or if it is just two of them.

1. Nilaya

This track is full of intertwining melodies and motion. Almost 9 and a half minutes of pure power! I can see myself on a beach, as the sun rises and remarking at the wonderful array of colors! :smoke 2:

2. Another World

With a spacey start we are met with a driving bassline that doesn't give you time to catch your breath. I wait with anticipation for the lead that I know is going to come to take me to that other planet! The sound gets thicker, as melody gets stacked upon melody in a beautiful Goa sandwich.

3. Visions of Nasca

The pace seems to slow a bit, but the mood is still there. Driving with a sharp edge. The Goa melody arrives shortly seeping with warmth as the mind is pulled in a thousand different directions at once. I can't help but move as I'm swept up in a vortex of puremelody. The break provides a small respite but I am too far gone. This is Goa as it should be!

4. Searching For U.F.O.'s

Another spacey start(shocker) with a rising lead bringing us deep into the stratosphere. The melodies continue to pile up as the air struggles to remain in my lungs. As I soar above the throbbing bassline, I notice I am not even halfway through my journey. The bass grumbles and thrusts me skyward into the spaceship to take me ever higher.

5. Tryptomine Dream

Swirling leads rocket me around the planet at the speed of sound The melodies ebb and flow keeping close as they continue to wrap around my extremities. My mind is splintered into a thousand colorful bits of light as I fly faster and faster. Smooth...very smooth.

6. Trance Dance

Ominous pads feel like walking on an air filled cellophane bag. This track has a harder edge to me, but it is not long before the melody catches up. It is lighter to be sure, but the bassline growls and the tones feel...ethereal.

7. Mahadeva 99

A dancing lead above a grumbly bassline drives us on further. The melody drips, soaking me in the thick syrupy strands of psychedelia It thickens without missing a beat, further advancing you to that place upon high.

8. Aqua Line Spirit

Seascape, motion, with a surreal atmosphere. At the halfway point all the melodies come together in a rich mix, guaranteeing a trippy experience. The key change keeps you on your toes, so you don't wander off and become lost.

9. Still On Mars

This track brings it down for a much needed rest. Not a slow, chill track, but more of a nod your head weaning period. The melodies continue to surround you, putting you on notice. Don't let your guard up or you will be overcome.

I did not rate any of the tracks because for me they are all fantastic. I did not describe the actual music of the tracks mainly because it could basically be summed up in one word...melodic. Uber-melodic. A with all tracks you like some better than others. I think music this great is unfair to every other artist because once you start listening to this it becomes addictive. That AP sound is mindblowing and this CD is a for sure classic. If you haven't heard this get it and enjoy the ride. You can thank me later.

Mdk
Setherian
Setherian

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Jun 17, 2006 07:04
oh that was a cool one. . good memories, amazing album, and very underrated by the community i must say .. together with California Sunshine - Nasha and Power Source - Cosmic Waves, it was for me the best israeli goa album(s) .

favs.: 1!,2,5!,6,8,9
          The Devil Is In Detail!
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jun 17, 2006 14:49
In short for me this is their best album ever. All tracks kick major ass and there's not one downer on this. Tryptomine Dream, that one gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. Stellar album, one of the best pure goa albums ever.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
sundrop
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jun 17, 2006 20:08
I also love this one...
havent found anything that compares.

Aqua Line Spirit is my favorite
rica
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jun 22, 2006 20:19
indeed, amazing album, probably one of the main reasons why i started listening to goa/psytrance           Bhavatu sabba mangalam
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Jun 22, 2006 20:28
Must admit I never really liked this one, as I already had a serious overdose of Astral Projections sound with "Dancing Galaxy".           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jun 23, 2006 00:06
Quote:

On 2006-06-22 20:28, pr0fane wrote:
Must admit I never really liked this one, as I already had a serious overdose of Astral Projections sound with "Dancing Galaxy".

Dancing Galaxy is also great. Those two albums are the best Astral ever did IMO. Liquid Sun still kicks ass after all those years. The massive Cass & Slide remix is great too by the way
          "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

Osher (Ananda Shake)
Ananda Shake

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jun 23, 2006 02:40
The Best Old School Ever good times with this one pffffff Searching For U.F.O.'s
          New Album Coming Soon Ananda Shake - Inside The Sound.
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Jun 23, 2006 05:03
My review:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/reviews/astral-projection-another-world/
Madpup
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jul 7, 2006 13:17
My first goa album, I think this is magnificent, there is real feeling and emotion in this album. Particularly like the Mahadeva remix and Aqua Line Spirit, two simply breathtaking tracks.
aliened

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jul 11, 2006 17:27
all time classic album , i like it mote then ' dancin galaxy ' , i remember my old sound system had problems playin Searching For U.F.O.'s ' whistlin flutes'           " And as the gods have given us , so we return the gift " - Bill Cosmosis " Gift of the Gods "
" That's right - otherworld lifeforms . A fucking alien ! "
'Strange word like 'psychedelic,' you know - drugs, the whole bit, you know, 'fre
dj nadav
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jul 17, 2006 09:10
magnificent album!

lots of great sounds, beautiful melodies..... very hard to find that kind of music today....
kobi_palombo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Jul 17, 2006 09:50
amazing album
the best album by astral...
Setherian
Setherian

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Jul 24, 2006 17:26
Its funny also to wonder that, this is band that was so criticized at those times for not being as cool as otehrs like infected and psysex or gms or sun project ... and today and specially in the next years ..i could bet Astral will become Cult (already is?) and almost no other goa/psy cd from 98,99 will be as listened as this. U know why? Because they have always maintained the same originality and singularity of their sound (specially their 90's sound) . Do u still think their kicks suck? u know what? I like it even. Fuck the trend!
          The Devil Is In Detail!
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 24, 2006 18:03
Quote:

On 2006-07-24 17:26, Setherian wrote:
Its funny also to wonder that, this is band that was so criticized at those times for not being as cool as otehrs like infected and psysex or gms or sun project ... and today and specially in the next years ..i could bet Astral will become Cult (already is?) and almost no other goa/psy cd from 98,99 will be as listened as this. U know why? Because they have always maintained the same originality and singularity of their sound (specially their 90's sound) . Do u still think their kicks suck? u know what? I like it even. Fuck the trend!

Well said. I've always thought like that, ever since I've been in this scene (which is now 10 years past).           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Astral Projection - Another World (Phonokol 1999)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance