1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Access Virus

Devius

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Sep 29, 2012 18:37
I'm in search of a C again....don't know why but i really like it. How does it work to make stuff with it ? I mean, what are the processes needed until i end up with a sequenced audio from it ? Is it a pain ? Do i have to write a midi line, play it and tweak the virus, bounce to audio and move to a whole different patch and midi line ?
Djones
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  267
Posted : Sep 29, 2012 18:44
Quote:

On 2012-09-29 18:37, Devius wrote:
Do i have to write a midi line, play it and tweak the virus, bounce to audio and move to a whole different patch and midi line ?

Yes

Or use it for playing more than 1 midi sequence at the same time.
I believe the c is 16 parts multitimbral, which means you can play up to 16 midi sequences all at once.
orange
Fat Data

Started Topics :  154
Posted : Sep 29, 2012 19:01
Quote:

On 2012-09-29 16:57, supergroover wrote:
I am checking out different synths to learn about their differences and to experiment with sounds.
So it is not necessarily supposed to be better. Just different to the ultranova.

I agree my reasoning for not geting the ultranova is rather poor With the TI you get more channels, more options, better sound and a workflow that is alot easier than the ultranova.
Better? =P

but still.. i agree that the TI offers more. but the sound is subjective. i find any novation synth sounds better than any access. its a matter of how your brain translates the vibrations any synth makes. my hell is your paradise etc..

if i look at both in terms of value for money and results. the ultranova wins by far. its capable of producing 90% of the sounds the TI can but with 4 times less money.
that means i can get the ultranove and probably 2-3 more synths... and that gives me much more than just the characteristic virus sound... and also have hundreds of more cool lights blinking in my studio to boost my ego as somebody important.           http://www.landmark-recordings.com/
http://soundcloud.com/kymamusic
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Sep 29, 2012 19:05
Quote:

On 2012-09-29 18:44, Djones wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-09-29 18:37, Devius wrote:
Do i have to write a midi line, play it and tweak the virus, bounce to audio and move to a whole different patch and midi line ?

Yes

Or use it for playing more than 1 midi sequence at the same time.
I believe the c is 16 parts multitimbral, which means you can play up to 16 midi sequences all at once.

in some cases you might be limited by the 32 voices polyphony (less depending the complexity of the patchs)
Devius

Posted : Sep 29, 2012 19:27
Alright.. so the C does that too, glad to ear ! The workflow of it doesn't seem a pain to me, it actually looks exactly what i'm looking for. I just have to find one in nice condition and i want the original box :!
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Sep 29, 2012 19:32
it s not a pain at all and could improve your tunes who know.. limitations seems like a pain but they are needed to work more efficiently in my experience.

recording track to audio make you take descions and move forward to finish the tune.
Devius

Posted : Sep 30, 2012 14:41
Indeed man, that was exactly what i
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - Access Virus
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance